Moveset Suggestions for V13 Crest Pokemon

Outside Indoorsman

Idea based on the Crest Movesets found here:

Boltund:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Boltund this item increases the Pokémon's damage with biting moves (Bite, Ice Fang, etc.) by 50% if Boltund moves before the target.
Rating: This Crest works very well for Boltund, since Strong Jaw was the ability it usually ran with before in the first place, and its sky-high Speed stat means it's usually going to outrun everything anyways. A moveset designed to take full advantage of the Boltund Crest and Strong Jaw - Boltund's EVs are also there to do this.
Boltund @ Boltund Crest
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Psychic Fangs
-Fire Fang
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch

Cinccino:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Cinccino this item turns any non-multihit attacking move into a multihit move that hits 2-5 times per use, but reduces affected moves base power to 30% (not 35% as the description claims) of the original base power per hit. Affected moves will act like natural multihit moves, so they have a 35% chance to hit 2 times, a 35% chance to hit 3 times, a 15% chance to hit 4 times, and a 15% chance to hit 5 times. Each hit has an equal chance to critically hit or trigger secondary effects. The ability Skill Link will make all affected moves always hit 5 times. Due to the base power reduction, all moves with an original power of 200 or lower will be affected by Technician.
Rating: This is similar to Infernape's crest - a sort of change in the gimmick that Cinccino is known for, so that multiple-hit moves can now be used at will for any reason (hence the given moveset, which is designed to take advantage of this). Return and Secret Power can both be run, which is run depends on if power is needed over specialization - the same with Iron Tail and Knock Off.
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
-Iron Tail/Knock Off
-Play Rough
-Return/Secret Power
-Mud-Slap

Delcatty:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Delcatty, this item adds 10% of every stat (with the exception of HP) from all unfainted Pokémon in the controlling trainer's party, and displays the following message when Delcatty is sent out: "[Delcatty's Nickname] gained strength from The Power of Friendship!" The stat boosts are only calculated when Delcatty is sent out and removed when it's switched out, meaning that even if other Pokémon in Delcatty's party faint, the stat boosts remain the same as long as it's not switched out. The stat boosts Delcatty receive are based on the actual stats of the Pokémon in the trainer's party and aren't affected by abilities, by status conditions or held items.
Rating: The power boosts that Delcatty gets are literally dependent on the teammates Delcatty has, and how many of them are still conscious. This is - frankly - an enormous boost to what Delcatty can do, but any specific moveset or setup depends on what teammates Delcatty has at any given moment - a special wall or physical wall, or a mixed attacker, are all possible depending on what you have in mind. Anything is possible, especially considering the Normalize ability Delcatty has.
Delcatty @ Delcatty Crest
Ability: Wonder Skin/Normalize
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Attack /252 Speed
Sassy Nature
-Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
-Return
-Draining Kiss
-Cosmic Power
The Sassy Nature is there to boost Speed further, and due to Fighting being Delcatty's only weakness, the loss of Special Defense isn't apocalytpic due to both Delcatty's naturally low Special Defense and the lack of Special Fighting moves.

Druddigon:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Druddigon this item grants a 30% damage bonus to Dragon- and Fire-type moves. When the holder of this item is hit by a damaging Fire type move, its HP is restored by 1/4th of its maximum HP, and the move will have no effect on that Pokémon (if the holder already has full HP, the Fire type move will do nothing). This effect can be ignored with the Mold Breaker ability and its variants. If harsh sunlight is active, a Druddigon holding this item will restore 1/8th of its maximum HP at the end of each turn.
Rating: Druddigon is a tough pokemon already, despite not evolving, and the healing boost this Crest grants can be a big advantage, as well as the further boost it gives to Fire and Dragon moves (on top of Sheer Force's boost). Druddigon's already-high Attack has now been boosted even further for Dragon and Fire moves.
Druddigon @ Druddigon Crest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
Brave Nature
-Sunny Day
-Iron Head/Gunk Shot
-Outrage
-Fire Punch

Empoleon:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Empoleon, this item grants Ice type STAB and doubles Speed in Hail or Ice Fields (Icy Field, Snowy Mountain & Frozen Dimensional Field).
Rating: While I never used it myself, Empoleon's old Crest was apparently very overpowered, from what I've heard - this Crest is noticeably less powerful. Especially considering the fact that the only Ice move Empoleon has access to at the moment is Icy Wind. Adding the Ice Beam TM should be a top priority when you gain access to it. This is my supposition, at least - I haven't played with this Crest yet.
X @ X Crest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Bashful Nature
-Drill Peck
-Icy Wind (should be replaced with Ice Beam when available)/Hail
-Hydro Pump
-Rock Slide/Flash Cannon

Noctowl:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Noctowl this item grants STAB on Psychic type moves and also gives the holder all Psychic type resistances, but not its weaknesses.
Rating: Noctowl - still isn't the best pokemon in the world, but the boost provided by this crest makes it a good pokemon in the early game (and this crest can be purchased even before going to Terajuma, which I would advise). This crest makes Noctowl an excellent counter to Ghost types like Gengar, though, as it has multiple boosted attacks, a great deal of Special bulk and can safely ignore Ghost moves.
Noctowl @ Noctowl Crest
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense
Modest Nature
-Roost
-Reflect
-Extrasensory/Psychic/Hyper Voice
-Air Slash/Hurricane

Phione:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Phione this item raises its Defense and Special Defense stats by 50%, and will activate the Aqua Ring effect when send out, restoring 1/16th of its max HP at the end of each turn.
Rating: This is the boost that Phione needed. While Phione is normally rather bad, the defensive boosts and healing provided by the Crest mesh very well with a Rain Dance-based team, and this crest will work even better when Rest becomes available (one of the attack moves or Acid Armor should be replaced with Rest when this is possible). It is also one of the first crests available, and you can buy it before going to Terajuma. I strongly advise this.
Phione @ Phione Crest
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Spec Attack / 252 Special Defense
Calm Nature
-Acid Armor
-Whirlpool
-Rain Dance
-Surf/Dive/Grass Knot (replace as needed/wanted)

Probopass:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Probopass this item causes the Pokémon to levitate via an Magnet Rise effect. Magnet Rise's effect lasts indefinitely for the holder of this item. The holder follows up any damaging move with 3 20 base power attacks, that are Steel-, Rock- and Electric-type respectively. The Steel- and the Rock-type hits are affected by STAB.
Rating: One of these moves should be replaced with Dazzling Gleam when it is available to deal with Fighting types, since the Crest neutralizes Ground as a threat unless the enemy has Mold Breaker. Iron Defense is there to increase the resistance that Probopass has to Physical moves (which most fighting attacks are). The Ground immunity now present helps Probopass enormously, considering how common attacking Ground types are. Overall, this is a big help, even if the weakness that Probopass has to Fighting attacks is still there.
Probopass @ Probopass Crest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense
Quiet Nature
-Power Gem
-Flash Cannon
-Iron Defense
-Discharge/Earth Power

Samurott:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Samurott this item grants STAB on Fighting type moves and also gives the holder all Fighting type resistances, but not its weaknesses.
Rating: Samurott was already a fairly solid pokemon - this Crest only makes it even more viable, as anyone who has fought Hazuki likely has found out. It works like the Noctowl crest, simply put, though Samurott is a considerably tougher pokemon.
Samurott @ Samurott Crest
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Brave Nature
-Sacred Sword/Revenge
-Aqua Jet
-Megahorn/X-Scissor/Smart Strike
-Surf/Dive/Hydro Pump

Swalot:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Swalot, this Pokémon will use Stockpile after each move, unless 3 Stockpile stacks are active or the last move used was Stockpile, Spit Up or Swallow. The holder is able to use Belch without consuming a berry first, and each use of Belch is followed up with a use of the move Spit Up.
Rating: Swalot was never very good - this crest, however, gives it a major boost defensively and offensively, by making Belch essentially a two-hit move and boosting Swalot's defenses nearly every turn. I haven't played with it yet, though, so this is only supposing on my part.
Swalot @ Swalot Crest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense
Calm Nature
-Return
-Belch
-Swallow
-Toxic/Sludge Wave

Thievul:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Thievul this item will drop the opposing Pokémon's Special Attack stat by one stage and raise Thievul's Special Attack by one stage. In a Double Battle this Crest will drop the Special Attack stat of the opponent diagonally opposite of Thievul's position. i.e. if Thievul is on the left it will drop the Special Attack of its right side opponent, reverse if Thievul is on the right.
Rating: Dark Pulse and Psychic are the most powerful moves that Thievul currently has available which work with its Crest, and Stakeout is the only move that is compatible with it (unless Run Away is used), which is why U-Turn/Play Rough is a potential option over Grass Knot. Nasty Plot and Baton Pass are also available via Move Tutor, and can be used to pass Thievul's auto-boost of Special Attack to another teammate or boost it even further. Alternatively, Parting Shot on Thievul's opening move can switch in another teammate and leave the enemy with -1 Attack and -2 Special Attack. Thievul's Special Attack, while not good naturally, seems like it would be a lot more potent with a +1 whenever it switches in (I have yet to play with it).
Thievul @ Thievul Crest
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Mild Nature
-Dark Pulse
-Grass Knot/U-Turn/Play Rough
-Parting Shot/Nasty Plot/Baton Pass
-Psychic

Vespiquen:

Spoiler

Crest Effect: If held by a Vespiquen, the Pokémon will swap between a Defense and an Attack Stance depending on which move is used, starting out in its Attack Stance. From Attack Stance, Vespiquen switches to Defense Stance if it uses Defend Order or Heal Order, while it switches from Defense Stance to Attack Stance whenever any attacking move is used, in both cases changing stance before using the move.
In Attack Stance, Vespiquen will raise its Attack and Special Attack stats by one stage each. It will lower its Defense and Special Defense by one stage if it previously was in Defense Stance. Attack Order will, in addition to its usual effects, trap the target(s) with an Infestation, preventing them from switching out and inflicting 1/8 of the target's maximum HP as damage per turn, for four to five turns.
In Defense Stance, Vespiquen will raise its Defense and Special Defense by one stage each. It will lower its Attack and Special Attack by one stage if it previously was in Attack Stance. Vespiquen will recover 1/16th of its maximum HP at the end of each turn.
Rating: This Crest takes advantage of Vespiqueen's signatures moves/makes them into an Aegislash-like fighting style. Not really much more to say there - I haven't played with this Crest yet.
Vespiquen @ Vespiquen Crest
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
Relaxed Nature
-Attack Order
-Defend Order
-Air Slash
-Heal Order

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Suggestion for the Crest-Empoleon set. 

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Modest Nature
-Hail
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Surf
-Flash Cannon

You can actually get an Empoleon with Ice Beam. At least for me the one you can catch at the Spring of Preservation had Ice Beam as one of its attacks. While breeding is no option here you can use Mints and the Nurse at the GDC Hospital to change its nature and IVs. Modest nature for max damage as you'll get your speed from Hail in combination with the crest. Rest are obvious STABs with Scald/Surf instead of Hydro Pump for better reliability. Depending on how fast you wanna be with the Hail boost you can take EVs from speed and put them into HP, 188 Speed EV with max IV with the Crest boost should be enough to outspeed a timid Mega-Manectric for example (assuming the Crest works like Slush Rush)

• Upvote 1

Torterra 
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 248 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Curse  
- Leech Seed  
- Wood Hammer  
- Earthquake

Torterra  
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Curse  
- Leech Seed/Synthesis  
- Wood Hammer  
- Earthquake

Torterra  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance (When available)
- Rock Polish  (When available)
- Stone Edge/Seed Bomb  
- Earthquake

Since Torterra now resists Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug most of those moves come from the special attacking spectrum so Torterra can use them for easy setup. Ground and Rock types don't like taking Wood Hammer and Earthquake and since most Ground and Rock moves Torterra will be hit by are physical you can easily just boost up before they come in and start going to town.

Ledian  
Ability: Iron Fist  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature  
- Power-Up Punch  
- Mach Punch  
- Thunder Punch  
- Mega Punch

Ledian is still mediocre with this crest, but either way you probably want a lot of hazard support for this things especially webs and rocks. Make sure to power-up-punch on weakened Pokemon that Ledian can safetly kill and make sure to team it up with a dark type so you can snipe pesky ghosts and something that can beat flying types so preferably rock types like Gigalith which can also setup Areinate wall. This thing needs just about all the support it can get.

Edited by Z..
a

Got some more

Samurott @ Samurott Crest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Revenge
-Aqua Jet
-Swords Dance
-Liquidation/Waterfall/Razor Shell

Your set with full investment into both offensive stats just doesn't work. This set uses the very good bulk Samurott has to get off a Swords Dance and either destroy stuff with its prio STAB or utilize its low speed to get a powerful Revenge. Sacred Sword isn't really an option because the only way to get it is breeding with a Smeargle.

Swalot @ Swalot Crest
EVs: 252 HP/ 172 Defense / 84 Special Defense
Calm Nature
-Venom Drench

-Swallow

-Toxic

-Block

Don't even think about using this one offensively. It's Toxic Stall or nothing but that it should do quite nicely. Assuming max IVs the given EVs give you an even distribution on both defensive stats. Once poisoned you can use Venom Drench to debuff them into nothingness and Block to prevent switching. Unless you are up against super effective moves the debuffs from Venom Drench should be enough that after healing with Swallow you should survive anything they throw at you until you rebuild your Stockpile. Block can be learned via Gearen Computer Lab Move Tutor and Venom Drench is a Egg Move obtainend from Muk. Once TM Protect becomes available, you can use that instead of Block for a free Stockpile when switching in and an effective stall cycle with Protect->Venom Drench

Here is a fun one 
Infernape  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Bulk Up  
- Slack Off  
- Flare Blitz  
- Mach Punch

Infernape  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Calm Mind  
- Slack Off  
- Flamethrower  
- Vacuum Wave

Infernape Crest is kinda a downgrade but it does let Infernape go for a bulky setup role. The set is pretty self explanatory make sure to setup on more passive mons or something Infernape type combo can wall. This set struggles with things that can resist its fire moves so make sure to take them out first. 

Aww beat me to the punch with this thread. I was going to make one myself, plus with alts to ones in the previous thread (such as Seviper using a more mixed attacker type of spread to utilize its power more).

On 11/19/2021 at 11:51 PM, CaptainMetal said:

Your set with full investment into both offensive stats just doesn't work. This set uses the very good bulk Samurott has to get off a Swords Dance and either destroy stuff with its prio STAB or utilize its low speed to get a powerful Revenge. Sacred Sword isn't really an option because the only way to get it is breeding with a Smeargle.

Sorry to correct you but with the move relearner in Sheridan Village, you can learn egg moves there! So Sacred Sword on Samurott is actually usable. You probably still have a good point with Revenge being the overall better option due to the low speed.

Edited by VMeemes

I guess while I'm at it I'll throw in a Swalot set as well (note that I am not exactly great when it comes to EV spreads, so they may end up looking like nonsense and a case of spreading too thin).

Swalot @ Swalot Crest
EVs: 252 HP/ 192 Attack / 64 Special Defense or Defense

Brave Nature

- Gunk Shot

- Belch

- Seed Bomb

- Rest/Toxic

This set, unorthodox as it is, aims to utilize the combined power of both Belch and Spit Up (assuming that's how it works). Because while stall is good and fine, you have Belch, a move with 120 base power plus STAB. When you use that with Spit Up as a follow up, depending how many Stockpiles you have you more or less have a powerful poison type move followed by a move that (when full up on Stockpile charges) is more powerful than Explosion. Swalot isn't a powerhouse by all means but both of those at the same time may either severely damage or just straight up KO most pokemon. Rest is to keep Swalot Healthy and add a Stockpile charge while Seed Bomb is used for ground coverage. Ice Punch is also an option if you want more coverage at the cost of less power.

Like I said, unorthodox, but this was a set that was on my mind.

1 hour ago, VMeemes said:

Sorry to correct you but with the move relearner in Sheridan Village, you can learn egg moves there! So Sacred Sword on Samurott is actually usable. You probably still have a good point with Revenge being the overall better option due to the low speed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that only work if your mon already knew said Egg Move at some point and then forgot it, otherwise that would make breeding for moves completely obsolete. Haven't caught Oshawott, yet, but I know some event mons have egg moves or moves that are unavailable otherwise. Like the event Empoleon had Ice Beam to work in tandem with the re-designed chrest, so if you know something I don't know please tell

1 hour ago, CaptainMetal said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that only work if your mon already knew said Egg Move at some point and then forgot it, otherwise that would make breeding for moves completely obsolete. Haven't caught Oshawott, yet, but I know some event mons have egg moves or moves that are unavailable otherwise. Like the event Empoleon had Ice Beam to work in tandem with the re-designed chrest, so if you know something I don't know please tell

See you would think it would work like that but after testing it out with the Shuppet you get in the Gearen Apartments (now a Banette that's a member of my team) for Destiny Bond, the Sheridan move relearner just straight up teaches egg moves. So you don't need to do any egg breeding anymore. Do it right now, just take any pokemon you have, look it up on the rejuvenation wiki for egg moves, and go to the move relearner. If it shows even two of the moves, egg breeding is obsolete.

Edit:

image.png.1ba99ac64c9b4b8262f9f492466474c1.png

This is the Deino you would get from the Alter at the Isle of Angels, level 30, never been touched ever. Eggs moves on the wiki are the first 4 moves you see here. Breeding is obsolete.

Edited by VMeemes

Probopass @ Probopass Crest
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Defense
Modest Nature
-Power Gem
-Flash Cannon
-Sandstorm
-Thunderbolt/Earth Power

I think running Sand Force is a good option here. With the high bulk it has Sturdy is only relevant if up against Water and Fighting and of those 2 only really Fighting since according to my calcs it would need something like a Kyogre to OHKO it with a Water move. With Sand Force, an active Sandstorm gives Probopass a 50% SpD boost (Rock type) and a 30% boost to STABS + Ground. Not sure what's better on slot 4, Thunderbolt to take out Water types or Earth Power to take full advantage of Sand Force.

• 1 year later...

Thievul @ Thievul Crest
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SPD
Implish Nature (Could have a -SPD nature to make sure that your Sweeper go on the field harmless)
-Knock Off
-Nasty Plot
-Parting Shot
-Baton Pass

I believe that with the crest's innate +1 SPA and -1 SPA upon switch in, Thievul is better as a Baton Passer aiming to pass 3 SPA buff to your fast Sweepers, by investing in max DEF and HP with the -1 SPA to opponent. Knock Off provides utility.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 3:50 AM, Outside Indoorsman said:

Awesome list!

Hide contents

Crest Effect: If held by a Boltund this item increases the Pokémon's damage with biting moves (Bite, Ice Fang, etc.) by 50% if Boltund moves before the target.
Rating: This Crest works very well for Boltund, since Strong Jaw was the ability it usually ran with before in the first place, and its sky-high Speed stat means it's usually going to outrun everything anyways. A moveset designed to take full advantage of the Boltund Crest and Strong Jaw - Boltund's EVs are also there to do this.
Boltund @ Boltund Crest
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
-Psychic Fangs
-Fire Fang
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch

Is there any way to give boltund psychic fangs though?

It's been a while since I lasted played the game but I am just gonna give this a go.

Feraligatr @ Feraligatr Crest

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP

Jolly Nature | + SPE/ - SPA

Moves:

Dragon Dance (Swords Dance can also work but is not available as of yet)

Crunch

Liquidation

Ice Fang

Since the crest gives Feraligatr a free priority in any moves, I think it would be great to use Dragon Dance first to get a free set up and then sweep with crunch since sheer force and the increase to bite attacks will increase a lot.

Kind of wish that Feraligatr has access to Fishious Rend for a stab water move that can benfit the crest more than liquidation. But thinking this now, that might be way too overpowered.