Can you guys rate my team?

MadHappy

After barely beating Erick using a complicated strat ( which involved resetting until Frosslass froze Erick's Pokemon with Blizzard ), I started to think my team might not be the best. Granted, I know it's better to have multiple 'mons in your PC to switch for different occasions, and also the game encourages me to use Pokemon that I would usually dismiss, but still. 

I suck at team-building, and I need handholding. 

Box 2 and 3 have some Pokemon I used and were part of the main team in the past. Box 4 is only shinies, and Box 5 ... is Box 5.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Overall your team is neatly built in terms of coverage, so you're kinda fine. If you want some more suggestions though, what I think it lacks is utility, in terms of priority, terrain/weather changing, screen setting etc., which normally isn't that big of a deal but it is in rejuv. 

So working with what you have I'd say:

- your tanks being slowbro and amoongus, they're exposed to many weaknesses. I'd train up pyukumuku and clefable, as they may prove really useful, the first by changing the field and having some nice gimmicks, the latter by being able to set up, which is a thing your actual tanks lack. 

- I don't see your mistery egg Pokémon? It usually provides really useful in many ways. Is it mienfoo? Mienshao is a really powerful pivot. Intimidate Luxray is also nice, especially once you gain its crest

- a prankster mon would really benefit your team. You could breed for a male meowstic which learns both screens and has priority yawn and t-wave (and can also hit hard). 

- some Pokémon can really change tides in a battle, I'd keep trained up destiny bond froslass and trick room oranguru. You may also wanna train cloud nine altaria later on to help with the flying gym. 

- eevelutions. They're incredibly op, umbreon as of now can't gain its full potential, but acid armor vaporeon makes a great tank, Espeon and jolteon both hit like a truck, Silveon may serve many purposes (though you'll gain access to a perfect one later on). 

Sadly you don't have any weather switchers aside from vulpix, but you may teach the move to some of your Pokémon (and waste a turn though). Aaand I think that's all with what you already have, though if you're willing to explore you nowbhave access to many nice Pokémon 

Good luck going on, hope I helped a bit! 

kind a good may be before leaving west gearen collect all the pokemon you van get possible starters wild mons event  mons nd so on talonflame definetly many pokemons are available for you like chespin piplup treecko and other pokemon like aevium parasect i think so collect all the pokemon you can if you can ev train them to youre liking 

9 hours ago, Blontary said:

- I don't see your mistery egg Pokémon? It usually provides really useful in many ways. Is it mienfoo? Mienshao is a really powerful pivot.

It is Mienfoo. However, I trained up Scraggy, since it has High Jump Kick and Power-up Punch, plus Intimidate. My idea was Dark Typing makes Scrafty immune against Psychic types.

2 minutes ago, MadHappy said:

It is Mienfoo. However, I trained up Scraggy, since it has High Jump Kick and Power-up Punch, plus Intimidate. My idea was Dark Typing makes Scrafty immune against Psychic types.

Well I used scrafty in reborn and it's a pretty reliable Pokémon, and moxie is also a nice ability, but while losing weakness to psychic it gains a 4x weakness to fairy; it's main problem though is that it is slooooow. I'd try mienshao, it has great coverage only through his learnsets and can pivot out with u-turn if need be. Though all depends on what you prefer :) 

Also make sure you're using the optimal abilities and at the best not natures that hinder your pokemon's abilities. For example your cinderace it's considered a really strong pokemon but its considerably weaker if you aren't running Liberoo, proper EV spreads and jolly or at least adamant nature. I don't know how many of the EV training cards you have but i would higly suggest EV training and farming heartscales, if you don't have enough, since later in the game you can change your pokemons nature to whatever you want it to be.

Pyukumuku is a beast! That boy can solo a certain really hard rift fight later down the line. Would definitely recommend. 

Move Set should be 

- Purify (for removing the dark dimensional field)

- Toxic (for killing stuff)

- Recover (if you ban items, like I do then you will want recover to heal. If you allow bag items, then you can ignore this one)

- And anything else really. I used gastro acid but it doesn't work on rift mon anyway, so whatever. 

Best item would of course be leftovers, but since we can't have that, I use Sitrus berry or Chestoresto berry (for a certain fight only)

I would try to get one with a special defense nature (it can reduce anything other than defense) and then EV train it in Special Def/HP. It will be very useful for certain boss fights against single powerful mons. 

1 hour ago, pizzagod13 said:

Best item would of course be leftovers, but since we can't have that, I use Sitrus berry or Chestoresto berry (for a certain fight only)

You can get Leftovers from Pickup when you hit level 71+, but it is a rare chance.

2 hours ago, Lspaceship said:

You can get Leftovers from Pickup when you hit level 71+, but it is a rare chance.

Ah true. I know you can also get it by using one of the elemental monkeys with Thief - Fling - Recycle. This can also be used to get any held item that an enemy trainer has. 

Way to much work for me with both methods.