Is Nidoran [F] shiny-locked?

Valyrian_Reforged

This is my second day of soft-resetting for the Gearen City female Nidoran and it stubbornly refuses to shift into its shiny via countless soft resets. If this Pokemon is shiny-locked, can someone please let me know, and I will then attempt to locate and catch or be gifted a Ditto so that I can shiny-breed for this Pokemon. I had expected that with the lowered shiny odds (which I happen to adore), it would have been a much less arduous attempt to attempt, but thus far, it has proven otherwise. Please advise. Thank you.

Valyrian.

PS: Please move this topic to wherever is most applicable, as I am unsure where an On The Hunt section is in this Rejuvenation discussion forum. Thanks.

Edited by Valyrian_Reforged

Alright, I will keep trying to SR it. Thanks for your rapidash response. Here's to not getting "dumb unlucky" from now on. *Sighs.* I hope that it's not a glitch. Also, should mention that I'm playing version 13.0.5. I hope that it hasn't been shiny-locked in this version, nor that other Pokemon like it may have been, because I'm going to SR every 'mon that I can in this Rejuvenation playthrough.

Funny that I saw this thread because when I started my first playthrough in v12 the Nidoran-F I caught came shiny so..

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

Funny that I saw this thread because when I started my first playthrough in v12 the Nidoran-F I caught came shiny so..

That's pretty lucky. I'm onto Day Two of normal Nidoran-F, with no shiny luck thus far. Hopefully, this changes for me asap.

HOLD. THE. PHONE. Look what I finally found! It wasn't shiny locked after all, just extremely difficult to SR for. I just had to name it after my queen. :) Thank you for your responses. One hundred million percent worth my time investment.

MyQueen.PNG

Found the shiny and resolved the issue! xD

• 2 weeks later...