Best type for a 1st mono run

Herbs

I guess water or fire. I did a water one in v12 and it was kinda fun, lets you start with greninja who can change type and has a great variety, letting you get coverage for every type kinda early in the game. You also get hm surf by gym 6 which is an overall great move. Fire has 2 of the strongest starters atm (blaziken and cinderace), as well as some great early picks through the side quests in litleo and houndour. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I was looking at the mons and will most likely go with water.

5 minutes ago, Blontary said:

I guess water or fire. I did a water one in v12 and it was kinda fun, lets you start with greninja who can change type and has a great variety, letting you get coverage for every type kinda early in the game. You also get hm surf by gym 6 which is an overall great move. Fire has 2 of the strongest starters atm (blaziken and cinderace), as well as some great early picks through the side quests in litleo and houndour. 

6 minutes ago, Blontary said:

I guess water or fire. I did a water one in v12 and it was kinda fun, lets you start with greninja who can change type

Since you become a pure different type with Protean, isnt that illegal tho? 

9 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Depends on the person Ig but Idc what its ability/move/opponents move makes its type So I only care what it actual typing is.

55 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Not really since it's an ability and not the type itself

Usually I like to make monoruns on Normal-type, am I the only one?..
There's plenty of Normal-types everywhere and a lot in the beginning that make dealing things easy like the good'ol Meowth and Glameow with Fake Out for quick drops on Venam and Girafarig and Fearow to make Keta's day an absolute nightmare!
Did you know that the majority of Flying-types are also Normal? Finding a pure Flying-type is actually pretty rare, weird, huh?

Grass or poison has a lot of variety in early game, but the easiest has to be water, i dont know why but rejuv has a lot of water encounter in almost every chapter, other than that dark and flying is also pretty fun, the hardest to monorun is steel and dragon it doesn't have much encounter until mid to end game

31 minutes ago, fellowry said:

Grass or poison has a lot of variety in early game, but the easiest has to be water, i dont know why but rejuv has a lot of water encounter in almost every chapter, other than that dark and flying is also pretty fun, the hardest to monorun is steel and dragon it doesn't have much encounter until mid to end game

I concur.. Kinda..
I pretty much try to capture every Pokemon in every place I go and I have renamed boxes based on Pokemon's primary typing in alphabetical order, some of these boxes needed a second one because there were so many it filled an entire box, and in my capturing spree I found that the most common types are, in order, Normal, then Water and finally Grass, with the most rare ones being, from least to most, Fairy, then Dragon and finally Flying

Like I said above, believe it or not, actually primary Flying-type Pokemons are quite rare with only ONE I found so far being Noibat which is Flying/Dragon.. Most other Flying-types are primarily Normal-type like Pidgey, Spearow and Hoothoot which are Normal/Flying.