Keta Gym Fight help

Huszti

Anyone got any help for this? i'm having huge trouble cause all his pokemon have too much coverage and just kill everything instantly aside from dedenne but Para-spam doesn't work as the player anyway.

You're talking about the first battle I suppose? I fought him yesterday and my wincons were dedenne and combusken (and super potions). Basically with dedenne you wanna charm to death the enemy team, starting with the pignite which does some insane damage. Use another team member who can tank hits until you get 1-2 charms off, then start nuzzling the f****rs: for this, a poison Pokémon may work great (my trubbish tanked everything really well). My trick was actually starting with dedenne and combusken so combusken was the target of the first flinch (I also switched combusken 1st turn to remove intimidate's effect). Beware that lucario gets boosted by allied brutal swing. Pray for RNG since keta seems to have a big boost on crits

Personally I didn't find woobat or natu too helpful for this one since air cutter/slash get additional grass typing on the field, so the pignite/combusken will still take neutral damage. I grabbed a fearow instead which gets aerial ace, not affected by the field, as well as mirror move which you can turn against the Lucario's gale strike for at least neutral damage, and big damage if it's low hp. 

After that, standard double battle strategy: try to neutralize one mon as much as possible with a para/burn or dropping atk/spatk, and completely ignore it for the rest of the fight. Scraggy is a great choice since Keta leads with it and doesn't do all that much damage.

Getting a chimeco is a huge help against keta. You can find chingling in gearen city and also around sheriden at night. The salon in gearen is very helpful for getting chimeco to evolve, since it evolves from happiness. Chimeco naturally learns extrasensory at lvl 22 and it also gets yawn by that point. It also has some very good bulk for the point of the game your in. Extrasensory is a very high power move for this point in this game and it will one shot most (or come close to) a lot of his mons. Yawn is very helpful for putting the lucario to sleep since thats his biggest threat. You can also get a luxio at this point which has intimidate and is super helpful since all of keta's mons are physical. If your still struggling i'd reommend getting a 2nd chimeco and at that point you'll beat him 100%.  Natu is actually not that good of an option against about half of his team. The tree terrain adds a grass

typing to air slash (and natu wont have any good physic moves yet) and so it'll be neutral against his breloom and komo'mo and his lucario will actually resist the air slash.

Edited by 7ravens

18 hours ago, ausar999 said:

Personally I didn't find woobat or natu too helpful for this one since air cutter/slash get additional grass typing on the field, so the pignite/combusken will still take neutral damage. I grabbed a fearow instead which gets aerial ace, not affected by the field, as well as mirror move which you can turn against the Lucario's gale strike for at least neutral damage, and big damage if it's low hp. 

After that, standard double battle strategy: try to neutralize one mon as much as possible with a para/burn or dropping atk/spatk, and completely ignore it for the rest of the fight. Scraggy is a great choice since Keta leads with it and doesn't do all that much damage.

however, you absolutely should train a Natu/Xatu for the NEXT gym fight in order to use Ominous Wind and flip the field away. That's the only way I won that damn fight. 

Then Simple Swoobat comes in, Calm Mind or Amnesia (especially after the Bewear is gone) and just mops up.