Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Team re-build for Amaria battle

JDMM

Question

So i just beat Titania (Managed to do the Krookodile Moxie sweep i wanted to) so i now need to build a team for Amaria

Was thinking of getting a Swift Swim Ludicolo a (I know she has one but like its literally one of the best options against her team (only Kingdra and Ludicolo resist Grass, and electric) For kingdra im bringing my Max Attack Granbull or my Clefable, that or try to breed a Ninetales -A with FreezeDry(aready have a Vulpix and a Vanilite family mon, 

Another good option seems Raichu-Alola 

Also bringing Vikavolt and Magnezone (i already have those as well)

So
where can i get Lotad and a Pikachu?

Edited by JDMM

13 answers to this question

2 hours ago, JDMM said:

So
where can i get Lotad and a Pikachu?

Pikachu are in the South Aventurine Woods in head but trees.

Lotad is in grass at Coral Ward.

Honestly, I find Amaria one of the easiest fights in Reborn, including non-gymleaders. Not the easiest period, but certainly up there thanks mostly to her field effect also making it easy to exploit her Electric weakness. A solid Electric mon should cut through most of her team like a hot knife through butter, with a Grass type working for her Ground/Water type no matter if you chose Singles or Doubles (you mentioned FreezeDry Alolatails which should also do the trick). Alolachu is a top pick because Surge Surfer doubles it's speed on the Water Surface field + Electric moves get a nice boost both on Surface and Underwater (it can even handle Lanturn easily with Psychic). Just outspeed and zap her and you'll be good to go!

1 minute ago, Kixur said:

Honestly, I find Amaria one of the easiest fights in Reborn, including non-gymleaders. Not the easiest period, but certainly up there thanks mostly to her field effect also making it easy to exploit her Electric weakness. A solid Electric mon should cut through most of her team like a hot knife through butter, with a Grass type working for her Ground/Water type no matter if you chose Singles or Doubles (you mentioned FreezeDry Alolatails which should also do the trick). Alolachu is a top pick because Surge Surfer doubles it's speed on the Water Surface field + Electric moves get a nice boost both on Surface and Underwater (it can even handle Lanturn easily with Psychic). Just outspeed and zap her and you'll be good to go!

Also Grass Knot for Swampert 

36 minutes ago, Kixur said:

The fun thing about Freeze-Dry is (I'm doing the Zekrom route) 4x SE on Ludicolo, Swampert and the probably scariest one, Kingdra, it's only not SE damage on  Lapras 

4 hours ago, Kixur said:

Can i control if Pika evolves into normal or Alolan Raichu?

What about Rotom-Wash? Seems a good option too

So

Meowstic-M for Light Screen support

A-raichu (Magnet/Zap Plate) Surge Surfer Max Speed Max SPA (Modest or Timid)

Electro Ball
Tbolt

Grass Knot

Nasty Plot

Vikavolt (Magnet/Zap Plate) Max SPA Max Speed? (Modest or Timid)
Buz Buzz

Tbolt

Agility

Air Slash

Or Ludicolo (Big Root, Expertbelt or Miracle Seed) Swift Swim, Timid/Modest, Enough Speed to outspeed her team, Max SPa, the rest in HP
Giga Drain

Energy Ball

whatever else

Rotom-Wash

Electro Ball

Thunderbolt/Discharge

Pain Split

Charge

Togedemaru (Sturdy-Custap Berry or Amplified Rock) Max Attack (Electric Terrain Suicide )
Electric Terrain

Zing Zap

Edited by JDMM

10 minutes ago, JDMM said:

Can i control if Pika evolves into normal or Alolan Raichu?

Yes, use Thunderstone on Apophyll.

Also, wow you didn't need to post all that separately. Kinda bombarded me with notifications when I got on.

20 minutes ago, JDMM said:

What about Rotom-Wash? Seems a good option too

So

Meowstic-M for Light Screen support

A-raichu (Magnet/Zap Plate) Surge Surfer Max Speed Max SPA (Modest or Timid)

Electro Ball
Tbolt

Grass Knot

Nasty Plot

Vikavolt (Magnet/Zap Plate) Max SPA Max Speed? (Modest or Timid)
Buz Buzz

Tbolt

Agility

Air Slash

Or Ludicolo (Big Root, Expertbelt or Miracle Seed) Swift Swim, Timid/Modest, Enough Speed to outspeed her team, Max SPa, the rest in HP
Giga Drain

Energy Ball

whatever else

Rotom-Wash

Electro Ball

Thunderbolt/Discharge

Pain Split

Charge

Togedemaru (Sturdy-Custap Berry or Amplified Rock) Max Attack (Electric Terrain Suicide )
Electric Terrain

Zing Zap

Or Magnezone 
Same thing except a Special attacking set

20 minutes ago, JDMM said:

Meowstic-M > Prankster, Light Clay, Screens

Vileplume (or Venusaur) > Chlorophyll, Amplified/Heat Rock, Grassy Terrain, Sunny Day, Giga Drain

Charizard > Solar Power, Miracle Seed, Solar Beam. (And Air Slash for the Ludicolo. - Oh, and Dragon Pulse for the Kingdra.)

Didn't need anything else. Amy becomes a sitting duck in sunny grassy terrain. No attack, no speed. Surf does less than 50% on Charizard despite it having no spedef investment (and it got hit only because I misclicked).

1 hour ago, Fiasom said:

Meowstic-M > Prankster, Light Clay, Screens

Vileplume (or Venusaur) > Chlorophyll, Amplified/Heat Rock, Grassy Terrain, Sunny Day, Giga Drain

Charizard > Solar Power, Miracle Seed, Solar Beam. (And Air Slash for the Ludicolo. - Oh, and Dragon Pulse for the Kingdra.)

Didn't need anything else. Amy becomes a sitting duck in sunny grassy terrain. No attack, no speed. Surf does less than 50% on Charizard despite it having no spedef investment (and it got hit only because I misclicked).

I chose Mudkip and don't have either Zard or Venusaur(and I don't wanna find them and grind them up) 

For her Starmie I'm thinking of SPDef- HP Prankster Klefki with Choice Band (Trick turn one then Screens, then either set up Sun or chip it with Dark Pulse(or both)), then send A-Raichu, Nasty Plot and sweep (Or Swift Swim Modest Miracle Seed Ludicolo if Swampert comes in)

for Kingdra I'm bringing either Granbull or Clefable (bait the Zmove then kill it with either a Max Attack Adamant Play Rough or a Modest Moonblast respectively) 

Tho I admit that Grassy Terrain+Sun also bodies her

Edited by JDMM