What's the team that has gotten you through the game? Or the "ultimate" team for Reborn?

jessann

I'm planning on starting a play through of Reborn, and I was going to use Sandbox Mode to put together the ultimate team. I'm not one for EV training or maintaining a big pool of Pokemon trained, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the ultimate team to tackle Reborn's gyms or the team that got you through the game. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Honestly I don't think that you can do something like that..  The Gym Leaders use very specific strategies, have field effects that power their moves and nerf moves that would otherwise wreck them (Aya for example nerfs EQ to 25 BP and Corey makes Ground moves do extra Poison damage (At least Mud Shot and Mud Bomb)) and cover each pokemon's weaknesses pretty well so you need to bring very specific Pokemon and strategies yourself to counter them.. I don't mind training multiple Pokémon since I have a "Pickup strategy" that makes it so I obtain a lot of healing items, Heart Scales, Ability Capsules and other useful stuff rom Pickup while I grind up my gym Pokemon.. 

What I do is having a team to roll around the world and then pick up specific Pokémon for gym battles, grind them up and EV train them in pairs(Lucky Egg and ExP Share) while having 4 Pickup Pokémon on the team.. It's a bit time consuming but works very well.. 

That said, a Prankster support lead (Screens, Taunt, Weather changing moves, etc) is pretty much mandatory for a "ultimate team", but I'd EV train it to be as bulky as possible.. Probably Max HP split defenses or something (I just picked up a Meowstic for that), a good Fairy type(Mawile for example) and then have a type balanced team with powerful Pokemon 

Edited by JDMM

well if we're talking any obtainable pokemon, the ultimate team is naganadel, but discounting that...

you can definitely create a squad of 6 (or less, even - it's been done with 3) that'll get through the game but you need to know what you're going up against beforehand to plan out the team

generally speaking, for a 6-mon approach screens (male meowstic is the go-to for most but that's mostly because it's available so early, klefki and alolan ninetales are just better imo) and blaziken are both near-mandatory, and other very strong picks include diggersby, honchkrow and noivern

6 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

well if we're talking any obtainable pokemon, the ultimate team is naganadel, but discounting that...

you can definitely create a squad of 6 (or less, even - it's been done with 3) that'll get through the game but you need to know what you're going up against beforehand to plan out the team

generally speaking, for a 6-mon approach screens (male meowstic is the go-to for most but that's mostly because it's available so early, klefki and alolan ninetales are just better imo) and blaziken are both near-mandatory, and other very strong picks include diggersby, honchkrow and noivern

Ninetales - Alolan is only good because Snow Warning +Aurora Veil is broken by itself, and Ice /Fairy STABs+Nasty Plot can make it a very powerful sweeper as well, especially with Veil up.. It only "fears" Steel moves pretty much 

3 hours ago, JDMM said:

Ninetales - Alolan is only good because Snow Warning +Aurora Veil is broken by itself, and Ice /Fairy STABs+Nasty Plot can make it a very powerful sweeper as well, especially with Veil up.. It only "fears" Steel moves pretty much 

And also blizzard gets 100 accuracy in hail :)

1 hour ago, Raghav said:

And also blizzard gets 100 accuracy in hail :)

Not 100,it turns into a "no miss move" like Swift

But Freeze-Dry is also pretty pog.. Especially for Amaria. Hitting Ludicolo, Kingdra, Swampert etc for 4x after a Nasty Plot is well, nasty, for them

Edited by JDMM

6 hours ago, JDMM said:

oh veil + snow warning is absolutely broken, it just so happens that ninetales is the only remotely fast setter for it. I think dual Ice STAB is better than ice + fairy tbh because you really want both blizzard and freeze-dry but there's an argument to be made for the coverage for sure

4 minutes ago, Seel The Deal said:

oh veil + snow warning is absolutely broken, it just so happens that ninetales is the only remotely fast setter for it. I think dual Ice STAB is better than ice + fairy tbh because you really want both blizzard and freeze-dry but there's an argument to be made for the coverage for sure

Problem is Freeze Dry is egg move

Thanks for your replies. I've been trying to get into Reborn for awhile now and I wish it had difficulty settings like Rejuvenation does. I understand I should probably "get good" but I wish there was a way to make the game more accessible. Anyone know of any mods that do this? 🤔

In my experience, the core Serperior/Ninetales/Typhlosion can get you through everything

First contrary Serperior sets Grassy Terrain, nullifying the enemy's advantage. Then keep attacking with Leaf Storm, or switch to Drought Ninetales and use Heat Wave to set the field ablaze, giving your fire moves an insane boost. When Ninetales falls, send Flash Fire Typhlosion to use Eruption. After one turn in the fire you get an extra boost from flash fire. With that team you can OHKO even fire resistant  pokemons. Tested on Amaria, I even let Serperior die on purpose to test the fire and Typhlosion wiped her out

To complete that core you can add an extra fire type, preferably physical,  alolan Ninetales as a lead for Aurora Veil and something else for type coverage

In one of my Reborn runs I used sandbox mode to give me 6 Pokemon to use for the entire game.

Marowak

Scizor

Gliscor

Chesnaught

Aggron

Clawitzer

I pretty much did every gym with those 6. I had to switch one out for Amaria, but that was because she kept steamrolling me. The team isn't super balanced type wise, but they get the job done.

Empoleon: Deceptively fast, hits like a truck, learns brine by level to secure those tricky KOs and torrent is highly underrated. Bonus for only having 3 weaknesses (1 of which is ground so yeah)

Cryogonal: if you can get this thing early (egg) its insane for that point in the game with ridiculous Special Def, access to freeze dry and aurora veil and fast to boot.

Rotom Formes: the point you get Rotom is where it starts to become useful. it can carry you through Amaria and the Glass Factory stupidly easily. levitate is fantastic and discharge is a fantastic doubles move no matter which form you use. I had frost in my Ice-mono and with choice specs and mamoswine it tore through the glass factory almost single handedly.