Pokemon: Aftermath. A Dystopian RP. (OOC + Sign Up)

Code: PIRULUK

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this, but I might have to drop out of this RP (keyword might). I wasn't expecting it to move that fast even though the first part does move rather quickly. I can't get on the computer everyday (I try to) and sometimes I'm backlogged reading all the Ymora posts. I'll try to manage this one as well, but if it gets to be too much, be prepared for my departure.

You guys have read it right? It should be clear if you read Aftermath that it is. But yes, movepools are unlimited including egg moves, tutor moves etc....if the pokemon got it at some point It can use it. Also, all Partner Pokemon are assumed level 100.

Basically we need every edge we can possibly get because the Gym Leaders basically get to cheat. ((and have unlimited movepools as well, so that includes every normal move that pokemon can learn and ones it could within reason use. Like say one of them had a Farfetch'd, it could use any normal move it got, but could also use any slash type move and Sacred Sword as they are sword related attacks.[and Farfetch'd uses it's leek as if it were a sword, therefore it could reasonably learn any slash move and Sacred Sword.] However, it couldn't use Fire Blast as there isn't a good reason for it to be able to breathe Fire.))

• Support Squad

You guys have read it right? It should be clear if you read Aftermath that it is. But yes, movepools are unlimited including egg moves, tutor moves etc....if the pokemon got it at some point It can use it. Also, all Partner Pokemon are assumed level 100.

Basically we need every edge we can possibly get because the Gym Leaders basically get to cheat. ((and have unlimited movepools as well, so that includes every normal move that pokemon can learn and ones it could within reason use. Like say one of them had a Farfetch'd, it could use any normal move it got, but could also use any slash type move and Sacred Sword as they are sword related attacks.[and Farfetch'd uses it's leek as if it were a sword, therefore it could reasonably learn any slash move and Sacred Sword.] However, it couldn't use Fire Blast as there isn't a good reason for it to be able to breathe Fire.))

So, Lockhart can feasibly abuse the fact that it uses Heatwave and Superpower. That Really helps out, seeing as the next leader is Candice (I assume)

So, Lockhart can feasibly abuse the fact that it uses Heatwave and Superpower. That Really helps out, seeing as the next leader is Candice (I assume)

Shredder is gonna have a lot of fun with Candice considering he gets Fire Punch, Fire Blast, Close Combat, and Brick Break.

Shredder is gonna have a lot of fun with Candice considering he gets Fire Punch, Fire Blast, Close Combat, and Brick Break.

Vis has the typing to absolutely destroy her lol. Both steel and fighting are super effective.

Possibly, remember though, the battles still work in a similar way to Ymora, in which moves can be used not only for attacking but other things as well. ANd on top of that even people with good match-ups have to worry about their mons becuase they are more powerful than ours and also have moves we can't predict.

((basically, if ours were like 100, theirs could be considered probably around 150 or higher.))

((also we have to wait and see who is next.))

Basically, type advantages really don't mean anything at all. Even if you think you do, you don't in this universe by how much more powerful their pokemon are to ours. We have to use smart thinking or die pretty much instantly.

@ Alina: Aaah yeah, it's going faster than I expected! XD

Updated trainer list. Sign Ups are closed until further notice.

Pokémon: Aftermath - Revival [Control Post]

Previous Chapters

Current Player List

Hukuna - Lupus & Lobo (Houndoom)

Jory - Jory & Shredder (Zangoose)

King Murdoc - Sarcus & Absolution (Absol)

Dark Light - Miki & Raito (Jolteon)

Flux - Flux & Ogre (Aggron)

Grassnake - Alina & Maple (Serperior)

Notus - Jon & Kyte (Swampert)

Silver Jakler - Seth & Gigawatt (Electivire)

A Happy Elf - Adam & Lockhart (Honchkrow)

commander218 - Drake & Typhoon (Crobat)

Flynn - Mercy & Sentinel (Gallade)

TacosAndFlowers - Clarissa & Lila (Milotic)

DragonMasterKrim - Nemir & Vis (Lucario)

Rielly987 - Pine & Skarmory

Can't Type - Michael & Nappy (Snorlax)

M_Cowher - Thoron & Rusgon (Zoroark)

I should also point out, Gardenia had Legendaries on her team...I wouldn't be surprised if the other Leaders did as well. ((and all legends in this are more powerful than regular mons.))

Basically, forget what you know of pokemon battling in the games, it will hold you back if you hang onto that knowledge. Stats don't matter because they don't exist, hold items don't exist etc....

As i did run this for a bit I now some more things than you guys. The Leaders...even if you have something you think is an advantage over them....you do not. When I say they cheat, I am not joking they hardcore cheat lol. So, be forewarned, nothing will be a breeze, at all. And if you think it will be....you aren't going to have fun.

• Support Squad

I'm prepped for some of the challenge, though I don't have the advantage of experience. And I'm already thining of all the applications Honchkrow has. Flying in this format seems very useful to me right now.

EDIT: Dear god, Honchkrow has one hell of a movepool. He can support a multitude of people, or lay the smackdown himself O.o

Yea, why his Statlines sorta suck in game. he isn't very bulky so he isn't that good a support. he is made to be an offensive mon in the game and isn't good at much else due to his lowish speed stat and his frailty.

Also remember his pre-evo has Prankster for an ability, so that is probably why it has so many support moves.

And to whoever asked earlier about Hidden Power....I am not sure, but I reckon if you can you would have to state what it is, and could then never change it and if you were caught doing so it wouldn't be too fun since it would be obvious godmodding which is a good way to get kicked out of an RP super fast. ((however, I will leave that one up to Notus to decide. Until then no Hidden Power at all. Well, unless it was used by someone already, but I don't think it has been.))

Abilities work the same way by the way. ((hidden ones are allowed.)) You can choose 1 of them from those that your Pokemon gets. And you can't change it from there. As such, if there is one that you can't figure out exactly how useful it would be just bring it up here, we can probably figure out what it does in context of the RP. ((as some stuff will not work like at all. Prankster is a good example. Priority doesn't exist in a forum RP, so it is an ability that does nothing for you.)) Lobo's is Flash Fire by the way.

• Support Squad

Yea, he very much does, not saying he can't in this lol. I guess Tailwind would still do something in this, but what exactly.

Add some momentum to an already devastating attack, or blow back some attacks, such as gunk shot, water pulse etc. O at least slow them down.