Pokemon: Aftermath. A Dystopian RP. (OOC + Sign Up)

Code: PIRULUK

What is funny to me, squad 2 has the killer in it, and we have currently killed 0 people. Both the other squads are on a rampage lol. (and with the confusion thing, we are supposed to be putting our squads at the top of the post, but only really me and I think Jory are doing it lol. The squads are written at the beginning of the first mission post though lol.

Speaking of that, wasn't there an explicit prohibition against killing? (Or at least leaving a "trail of bodies," which two of three squads have done.)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of that, wasn't there an explicit prohibition against killing? (Or at least leaving a "trail of bodies," which two of three squads have done.)

i don't think it was a rule just a suggestion. given that with all the well egos that people have it highly unlikely that any of them would fallow such a rule. if not that then there will probably be something bad thats going to happen to the ones who did kill knowing Acquiescence and her interest of darker things.

and why squad 2 has not killed any one well A ) my character is there and would put a stop to it and B ) squad 2 has all the awesomely rational thinker types on it ergo the reason we where in sneaky awesome ninja mode.

Edited by rustytengo

To be fair, Jory has a very black-and-white view of the conflict with the Church of Dawn that I hope I will have time to challenge. Because they are all trying to kill him, he is replying in kind.

rustytengo is right, it's not a rule that killing is not allowed, just a broad suggestion to preserve the humanity of things. Do note that any serial killing you do now may or may not come back to haunt you in about 4 chapters' time. (I probably should have said this earlier :P)

Anyone here remember the LTS creepypasta? Buried alive, anyone?

That title sounds familiar. I believe I read that a long time ago during my Pokemon Creepypasta phase. But I still like Lost Silver the most. It has such a sad message at the end!

Looking back at this topic's posts, I saw that there are others that wanted to join up. Where are they? They can join me and King!

And Lucas seems to be done with his conclave (Hi, Acquiescence!), will Lucas be scaring the crap out of seeking out Sarcus and Miki since we are told to meet up in Eterna?

That title sounds familiar. I believe I read that a long time ago during my Pokemon Creepypasta phase. But I still like Lost Silver the most. It has such a sad message at the end!

Looking back at this topic's posts, I saw that there are others that wanted to join up. Where are they? They can join me and King!

And Lucas seems to be done with his conclave (Hi, Acquiescence!), will Lucas be scaring the crap out of seeking out Sarcus and Miki since we are told to meet up in Eterna?

LTS: Lavender Town Syndrome. Basically, it was three small creepypastas in one IIRC.

First one basically said that the early beta music was damaging to one's psyche, and those affected basically became antisocial and suicidal. The second one was a random encounter in the tower called the Ghost Hand, which is exactly what it sounds like. Apparently the animations for its two attacks, Fist and Brutal, were also mentally damaging. The third one was supposedly an encounter in the game that was replaced by Cubone's mother. At the top of the tower, there was a "trainer" named "Buried alive," that had a ghastly, a pokemon I can't remember, and two ghost hands. If you won, the game froze, as there was no script dictating its post-defeat behavior. If you lost, instead of the standard whiteout, it would say something along the lines of "Finally, fresh meat!" then a bunch of gibberish. Then, you were taken to a screen with an image of the "Buried alive" eating the player, with GAME OVER. It also supposedly overwrote the GBA's internal memory with something else.

In short, zombies.

Wait, so I can finally introduce myself into this now? At least, kinda?

What King said. Since we need to meet up at Eterna, I guess you can tie yourself into it ^^

LTS: Lavender Town Syndrome. Basically, it was three small creepypastas in one IIRC.

First one basically said that the early beta music was damaging to one's psyche, and those affected basically became antisocial and suicidal. The second one was a random encounter in the tower called the Ghost Hand, which is exactly what it sounds like. Apparently the animations for its two attacks, Fist and Brutal, were also mentally damaging. The third one was supposedly an encounter in the game that was replaced by Cubone's mother. At the top of the tower, there was a "trainer" named "Buried alive," that had a ghastly, a pokemon I can't remember, and two ghost hands. If you won, the game froze, as there was no script dictating its post-defeat behavior. If you lost, instead of the standard whiteout, it would say something along the lines of "Finally, fresh meat!" then a bunch of gibberish. Then, you were taken to a screen with an image of the "Buried alive" eating the player, with GAME OVER. It also supposedly overwrote the GBA's internal memory with something else.

In short, zombies.

Oh! That famous creepypasta that started it all! I forgot about the completely. *Is ashamed* There was also a beta piece on Lavender Town that contained Unknown's music in multiple sections, I believe. That was a pretty interesting one to hear. According to the creepypasta wiki, "Buried Alive" had a Gengar (close enough!), two ghost hands and a Muk. Wow, this brought back memories for me.

Here to sign up!

Character jake kurai (Japanese for dark)

Dirty blonde

Gray blue eyes

Quiet calm but quick to anger

Pokemon gengar

Backstory: has lived alone for years since parents left him, he has lived in alleys hiding from trouble for years until one day a gengar appeared and attempted to scare him. He just began crying, he was only 7 at that time. Now he is 13 and that gengar had become his best friend.

King Murdoc and I are yes, very alike. No copying here.

If we do it would be absolutely hilarious! *is shot for bad pun*

Anyways, Absol-lutely, while you wait for permission to post, you can read the Prologue (DO NOT post though, that is already finished!) to get a sense of the plot and characters involved. You can find it somewhere below this topic. It will also give you a sense of how we role play on the forums here, such as the structure of our posts. That is how I learned to RP here.

If we do it would be absolutely hilarious! *is shot for bad pun*

Anyways, Absol-lutely, while you wait for permission to post, you can read the Prologue (DO NOT post though, that is already finished!) to get a sense of the plot and characters involved. You can find it somewhere below this topic. It will also give you a sense of how we role play on the forums here, such as the structure of our posts. That is how I learned to RP here.

Yes, Absol-lutely, please do. Also, from the small posts you made, I can tell you have a wild sense of humour. Please try to restrain it somewhat for the purpose of this role-play. It's meant to be rather dark in nature, so that kind of slapstick humour doesn't quite fit. That's not to say that humour is completely unallowed, but rather, the humour should not be of such an "in-your-face" variety as rocks falling on top of you. An example of humour I DO approve of is Tomas Elliot's pizza sequence. That was suitably restrained and rather well executed.

Before I make my post, I have a question. Would it be possible for me to join the RP, but not technically join Team Dusk? If you read my character description, you'll see that he doesn't support the mistreatment of Pokemon at any cost. So I was thinking, maybe he could find the wreckage of the current battles and see all the deaths both sides have caused and decide not to join Team Dusk or something like that. He would still help take down the Church and all that, but not as a "member" of Team Dusk. For example, he'd be like that character who tends to end up in the same places as the team working towards the same cause, but doing it his own way. If this works, cool, but if not I have no problem joining up in the normal way. :D

Before I make my post, I have a question. Would it be possible for me to join the RP, but not technically join Team Dusk? If you read my character description, you'll see that he doesn't support the mistreatment of Pokemon at any cost. So I was thinking, maybe he could find the wreckage of the current battles and see all the deaths both sides have caused and decide not to join Team Dusk or something like that. He would still help take down the Church and all that, but not as a "member" of Team Dusk. For example, he'd be like that character who tends to end up in the same places as the team working towards the same cause, but doing it his own way. If this works, cool, but if not I have no problem joining up in the normal way. :D

While having an autonomous, independent party might be cool, it's rather cumbersome for several reasons. 1) The Team Dusk members will have no way to identify you as friend or foe, and may therefore attack you. 2) There is no logical way you can know the team's current objectives. 3) You will be unable to participate in major battles due to not moving with the collective unit.

With regards to Pokemon mistreatment, that's a non-concern. Neither side advocates Pokemon mistreatment; in fact, both sides condemn it. Remember that even though she's now power-obsessed and crazy, the antagonist is still Dawn. The Church's philosophy surrounds the strength of the trainer, not the pokemon; If a Pokemon is inherently weaker, the Church will not purge it or mistreat it. As for anyone else, mistreating one's Pokemon is not likely to occur. Y'know, since you only get one.

I feel like joining. :P (is it still open anyway?)

Name: Alina Sakotekei

Personality: Alina is often on edge due to having to live in the streets as an orphan. Alina focuses on strategy during battles, often incorporating weather and terrain into her strategy. She never hestiates to protect her pokemon if needed. Often, her attacks may seem reckless, but Alina always has some strategy, good or bad, sacrificial or safe, up her sleeve.

Appearance: Alina has long black-blue hair and wears a skimpy white dress and sandals. She claims to never be cold, even in Snowpoint City, but in reality, she hates Ice types being one of Serperior's main weaknesses

Backstory: She was orphaned at age 6. Alina's parents were taken into custody by the Church of Dawn, and was presumed to be killed. Months later, she was chased off the streets of Eterna city, so she ended up having to live in Eterna Forest. Living in Eterna Forest was actually better for her since there was less risk of being chased or even killed than in Eterna City. She also befriended most of the pokemon in the forest, choosing snivy as her first pokemon because she sensed that it was different from the others. Alina takes pride in her personal power from training with and against her serperior in her spare time.

Pokemon: Serperior (Maple, female)

Edited by grasssnake485