Pokemon Desolation R.E.M. Edition

Cervys

1086857749_remsoteaser.thumb.png.bf0d10ac4ddd8e2617a9ca1628d606a1.png

Pokemon Desolation - R.E.M. Edition

Since I'm a big fan of Desolation, I wanted to make a mod that adds more content and offers a few twists to the way a regular Desolation playthrough would go. You might recognize me from masterpieces such as Jarredesolation. Unfortunately, this mod is not quite as ambitious as that. Instead, it simply offers the following features:

- Over 20 Pokemon have received Ayrithian forms - regional variants that change their typing, moveset, stats, abilities, and, of course, looks. Some of them even have completely new abilities!

- 2 new sidequests featuring new characters that will pop up occasionally in your playthrough. These sidequests reward you with useful items, Pokemon you  wouldn't be able to get otherwise, and access to completely new locations!

A new battle mechanic: Use Dream Surge to transform the battle field to your advantage! Comes in four useful flavours

- The Repel Charm: A new item that works like a regular repel, but lasts indefinitely until you turn it off 

Due to some of the modifications, REMsolation uses different save files than regular Desolation.

Download: REMsolation

(Update 31.01.2021: Fixed an issue with the Spheal line's movement, Villager in the Wildlands Cave no longer crashes the game.  If you already downloaded the full version already, you can simply use this download link to get the Data folder to replace the one in your game folder so you don't have to download the whole thing again)

Big thanks to Talrasha for catching a whole ton of bugs that wouldve made it in otherwise!

List of Ayrithian Forms:

Spoiler

Unless specified, Ayrithian forms evolve like their regular counterparts.

Arbok -> Poison/Psychic

Dodu -> Grass 

Dodrio -> Grass

Hypno -> Psychic/Fighting

Snorlax -> Normal/Fairy (at least while sleeping...)

Hoothoot -> Fairy/Rock (Evolves with Moon Stone)

Noctowl -> Fairy/Rock

Octillery -> Dark/Psychic

Electrike -> Electric/Dark 

Manectric -> Electric/Dark

Budew -> Grass/Dark (Evolves through Friendship at night)

Roselia -> Grass/Dark (Evolves with Dusk Stone)

Roserade -> Grass/Dark

Chimecho -> Bug/Dark

Spheal -> Fire/Rock

Sealeo -> Fire/Rock

Walrein -> Fire/Steel

Spiritomb -> Ghost/Dark?

Hippopotas -> Water (Evolves by level up during rain, starting at level 34)

Hippowdon -> Water

Musharna -> Ghost

Swadloon -> Bug/Normal (Evolves by leveling up while knowing Uproar)

Leavanny -> Bug/Normal

Venipede -> Bug/Fairy

Whirlipede -> Bug/Fairy

Scolipede -> Bug/Fairy

Litleo -> Ice

Pyroar -> Ice

Skiddo -> Normal

Gogoat -> Normal/Steel

Pancham -> Ground

Pangoro -> Ground

Rockruff -> Ghost

Lycanroc (Daydream)  -> Ghost/Psychic   (Evolve in the Ayrith region)

Lycanroc (Nightmare) -> Ghost/Dark        (Evolve somewhere else?)

Shiinotic -> Psychic/Flying

Komala -> Psychic

List of Sidequest locations:

Spoiler

Lucine:

Redcliff Town

Silver Rise

Cellia Undercity

The HotelTM

Rem:

Route 2

Cellia South

West Dreamscape

Blackview

The HotelTM

• Like 9

Aurora found a bug where trying to evolve Ayrithian Budew crashes the game, so the download is now updated, with an additional download that contains only the updated Scripts file in case you already have the full download. In that case, simply go into the Data folder and replace the Scripts file with the one you downloaded. 

Edit: A second patch has been released, which fixes a few additional things. This time, I included the whole Data folder, so just replace the whole thing when you download that.

Edited by Cervys

The mod looks pretty good.I would like to ask is it possible to evole rockruff to it's midday form and if yes,will it have it's normal typing (rock) or will it be a different typing.Looking forward to playing the whole thing.

6 hours ago, Pozyher said:

I would like to ask is it possible to evole rockruff to it's midday form and if yes,will it have it's normal typing (rock) or will it be a different typing.

Ayrithian Rockruff can only evolve into the two forms listed here, it can't evolve into any of its original forms.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

I'm not sure I understand, what is the purpose of the Strange Sand?

Munna, for example, doesn't have an Ayrithian form, but Musharna does. So if you want to evolve your regular Munna into a regular Musharna, you can have it hold the Strange Sand while evolving. Otherwise it's always gonna evolve into Ayrithian Musharna.

14 hours ago, Cervys said:

Munna, for example, doesn't have an Ayrithian form, but Musharna does. So if you want to evolve your regular Munna into a regular Musharna, you can have it hold the Strange Sand while evolving. Otherwise it's always gonna evolve into Ayrithian Musharna.

Oh, I see! Thanks!

Is there any way to know the base stats and movesets of the Ayrithian form pokemon?

43 minutes ago, MDM1 Beans said:

My conundrum right now is not knowing when to evolve certain Ayrithian pokemon, specifically Hoothott and Roselia, so that I don't miss out on important moves as they level up. I fear I missed some moves evolving Budew too late, as my Roselia currently has no Grass type moves.

I think the general rule of thumb is that evolving early is generally worth it. None of the pre-evolutions get any moves that their evolutions don't. 

1 hour ago, Cervys said:

I think the general rule of thumb is that evolving early is generally worth it. None of the pre-evolutions get any moves that their evolutions don't. 

Ah, interesting! I worried because often times stone evolution pokemon won't learn level up moves, or not as many moves. Good to know I don't have to worry about that with your Ayrithian form guys. I've really enjoyed the mod, the new types are fun and allow me to build teams I'd normally never use!

5 hours ago, penni said:

can i get any hint of sidequest?

Sure!

Spoiler

To find that soul, you need to go to the jinx guild building after it is destroyed. After you check the door, the soul appears a little bit south of it.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:51 PM, penni said:

Thank you for help, But I found a crash in wildlands cave's second trainer. When I ran it in the normal game with the same save file, it didn't happen.

Thanks for pointing that out, I released a new patch that should fix this issue!

4 hours ago, Zarc said:

where do you get Dream Surge and how does it work

You get the ability to use Dream Surge by doing the Lucine sidequest, after meeting her in the Undercity. Dream Surge is activated in battle just like Mega Evolution and uses 1 moon dust whenever you activate it. After it is activated, it will change the terrain to misty terrain (and other terrains if you continue the sidequest) for three turns, after which the field returns to what it was before. You can get moon dust from destroying glowing rocks with the Dream Generator.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I've got a question about one of the places I'm supposed to encounter Rem:

Spoiler

I'm in the Dreamscape for the first time, I've progressed through the plot and think I am about to be sent back to Ayrith. Should I have encountered Rem in the Dreamscape already, or does it come later?

4 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

Hey, I've got a question about one of the places I'm supposed to encounter Rem:

If you've collected all the souls, there is a yellowish object in the middle of the lake in the western Dreamscape that you can interact with to continue the quest.

14 hours ago, Cervys said:

If you've collected all the souls, there is a yellowish object in the middle of the lake in the western Dreamscape that you can interact with to continue the quest.

Hmm, when you say all the souls do you mean the 5 he wanted when he's in South Cellia? Because I did that and spoke with him, he talked about how there might be more somewhere else (presumably the Dreamscape). Then when I talked to him again because he was still there he told me where the original 5 were again like he had before I'd collected them. Anyhow, when I got to the Western portion of the Dreamscape Wildlands there is nothing in the water except an item and a gravestone that I can't get to because I don't have surf yet (should I?), but I haven't collected any souls in the Dreamscape so perhaps that's what you mean?

46 minutes ago, MDM1 Beans said:

Anyhow, when I got to the Western portion of the Dreamscape Wildlands there is nothing in the water except an item and a gravestone that I can't get to because I don't have surf yet

image.png.9b3ce5042a72b85c5de4092f8d4dda69.png

This is the object you should talk to in the western wildlands. If you've collected 5 souls, it should start the next part of the sidequest.