reborn help (mostly for starters but i'll take anything)

measlesknuckles

hi yes hello. local anxiety man here. have not progressed far in reborn, longest i've gone is shade. i'd appreciate some help with starters. not very interested in the overpowered ones. more interested in the ones that Are Pretty Good. any other help is pretty swell too, i'm not really good with the field stuff either. restarting because it's easier than picking up from where i left off long ago. thank you very much.

I'm always a fan of Empoleon: fun typing, not overly op, not super fast but good bulk to make up for it, not to mention an awesome design. You can also teach it pretty much any HM you need (minus Flash and Fly) and in Reborn you can get rid of them whenever you want like TMs

• Like 1

Well, as for starters

Charizard and Infernape ar my favorites. Charizard because i started to play when gen 1 came out and has been my favorite one since then and you know ... is a fire dragon.

Infernape is fun and very usefull in this game: a huge movepool, can be play Attack, spe attack or mixed, it is fast, and a good fighting type is very usefull in the game.

As for field effects, look for the field effects read-out. This notes tell you all you need to know about a field so you can either use it to your advantage either destroy/modify it.

Good luck !

• Like 1

I like Sceptile in combination of its Unburden ability with the Field Seeds you can find lying around as hidden items, Both Speed and other stats get boosted. And all Grass starters in general can learn Nature Power. You get the TM as reward for beating the 2nd gym, and it can make use of the Reborn fields to become many different moves which are additionally boosted by the field, giving you a variety of good coverage moves (except for gym fights, where it usually becomes the same type as the leader's type, unless you are fighting the Ice leader who gets destroyed by Nature Power)

• Like 1

For starters, I'm honestly a fan of Torterra. It gets Earthquake as soon as it evolves at level 32, which can really help out throughout the game as soon as you get it, and as soon as you can access the Move Relearner you can teach it Wood Hammer - giving it two powerful STAB attacks to help absolutely decimate opponents. On top of that, Shell Armor gets a few nice perks under certain field effects, such as the Cave and Fairy Tale Field. It's pretty slow and has a quadruple weakness to Ice type, but honestly it's really overlooked and if you build a team around that to cover it's weaknesses, it'll serve you well throughout the game.

I like primarina and delphox (cause I'm all about the cuwute looks). Apart from them being cuwute, they're pretty stronk but not the most OP starters. I still have a primarina in my E18-cleared team, and delphox was in the team until about Samson. Probably would've been in the team for longer, actually, but I didn't finish the game on that save file so we'll never know lol