Desolation E5 100% Guide

Yumil

• 4 weeks later...

I keep pulling the Guide up, to explain peeps stuff they could find faster, if they looked here, But i´m helpful person on Discord/here nonetheless, so i don't really mind.

Good Guide, helped explain alot of thing to the Discord Community.

Edited by Punch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Yumil Eh, je suis de France aussi lol 

(de Montpellier pour être plus précis) ! Ça fait trop plaisir de rencontrer un Français dans ce forum lol 

Énorme travail que tu as fait avec ce google drive !! Merci à toi ! 

--------

Thanks a lot bud ! 🙏🏼

• 1 month later...

Much appreciation to you for this clear and thorough guide. 

I'd been stuck in Celeste City after I'd done some grinding and then found out that I couldn't challenge the gym (because it's locked). I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do and Aderyn isn't visible without taking a couple of steps south from the gym's door.

Therefore, I'd been to the gym multiple times but had no idea she was there and when I read the instruction in this guide to talk to her outside the gym I almost thought I had a glitch. 

Anyway, this guide prompted me to look around the gym's vicinity and that's how I found her. 

So thanx. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again Yumil. 

I appreciate all the help I've received from you recently. I hope it hasn't been too much of a chore. 

I have both another question and a bit of feedback for the guide. 

I'll start with the feedback. 
In the Cellia Battle Tournament the guide has Scarlett's Musharna listed with the following moveset:

• Moonlight,

• Psychic,

• Synthesis,

• Giga Drain

When I battled her, Musharna had Dazzling Gleam. I'm not sure what of the listed moves it replaces because the only other move she used against me was Moonlight but that should be updated. 

As for the question:
I've recently finished the North Cellia event and have explored the map and something in your guide is not matching my experience. 

You said:
"talk to Ava in C2 for relationship points, and while you’re at it, receive a Venusaurite."

Talking to Ava was legit the first thing I did when I entered North Celia but she neither gave me a Venusaurite or a relationship point.

"I'm worried about you", the dialogue shown in your screencap was also NOT part of the dialogue I got from her. She just talked about how she wants to help the citizens of Cellia North and how although she should go home and tend to her own people Cellia needs her more. 

(Side note: I love her. She's the most selfless character in the game aside from the player and pretty much the only one I have consistently trusted thus far.)

This isn't because I failed to give her the Full Restore during the North Cellia battle is it? I hadn't read about that until it was too late (I had just reached the lab with Aaron) and regardless didn't have one to give. I had to use the one in the Dreamscape. 

Hey, no worries.

A) Okay that one is entirely my fault- I rechecked the trainer file and indeed musharna has dazzling gleam, along with thunder wave instead of synthesis. Looking at the file and the guide, it's pretty easy to guess what happened - I accidentally listed moves from the meganium that comes right after it. I've fixed it.

B) Yeah, I wasn't clear on how it worked at the time, but it turns out Ava only gives you the venusaurite if you have high enough affinity with her. Giving her the full Restore isn't strictly necessary to get it, but it may have been just enough for you to miss the check. i've added the details in the guide.

5 minutes ago, Yumil said:

B) Yeah, I wasn't clear on how it worked at the time, but Ava only gives you the venusaurite if you have high enough affinity with her. Giving her the full Restore isn't strictly necessary to get it, but it may have been just enough for you to miss the check. i've added the details in the guide.

I haven't been using the guide for the entire game (I primarily use guides for the gym leaders) but I thought that this was the first of her points that I'd missed. 

If the Full Restore isn't required I suppose I'm wrong and am missing at least one other besides it but I have no idea what one(s). 

It's not too much of a bummer since I don't currently have the Bulbasaur line or the Mega Ring but presumably both are available at some point. 

Nope, Bulbasaur isn't available yet. Well, it's available if you pick it at the start of the game, but that's it. There aren't many starters that are available in the game for now.

From the guide, the list if opportunities to gain relationship points with ava is :

-Right at the start of the game when the game introduces the reputation mechanic, on the boat

-When she asks you if you were about her at Vejyr (doing so nets you a -1 when answering no gives a +1)

-Talking to her in the route 2 pokemon center is free points

-When Scarlett asks you if you'd rather pick her or Ava if you had to do the whole journey with only one of them (I know I did answered Scarlett back then, and you gain points with whoever you chose and lose a point for whoever you don't, so that might have played a role)

-When Ava asks you if scarlett made the right decision (answering no gives points with Ava)

-After getting to Cellia for the first time, talking to her and connor before they leave

-Right after the Archives sequence and Shiv/Aurora fighting in Cellia, when you wake up after the events, talking to Ava in the manor gives points

-After the dreamscape trip, when ava asks you if there's something you need to tell her, not telling the truth gets you negative points (telling the truth is neutral)

-The full restore moment during the battle for cellia north.

so that's a potential maximum of 8 points. I seem to remember, but don't quote me on this, that you need at least 5 points in that dialogue for her to give you the venusaurite.

So either you you missed a couple of optionnal prompts like on route 2 or after the archives sequence, or you gave an answer that gave negative points at some point (Vejyr, Scarlett's question).

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks very much for this incredible guide. I make good usage of it with regularity. With this being said, can anyone tell me where I can find a Name Rater? And if Keneph Cave will be available to return to for Pokemon capture after Kuiki's defeat? Thanks in advance. I really want to shiny hunt Grubbin and need to know if this will be possible in future. 7 Poke Balls hadn't been enough to capture one, simply because when I'd wanted to find one during my first cave run-through, I hadn't been able to find one. :/

Edited by Valyrian_Reforged

1-) There's a name rater in Blackview city. On the map i've included in the guide, he's in a house somewhere in the middle of A1

2-) You can return to part of the Keneph cave already, there's no encounter tables you're ever locked out of currently. The only thing that's missable in the keneph cave is the tm20 cave.

You're welcome ! Always a pleasure to know this guide is useful to people.

• 1 year later...

Hello! This has been an immensely useful guide! It's clear, concise, and easily understood; if you hadn't said English wasn't your first language, I would have had no clue that was the case. However, I do have a question: Will you be updating it for E6?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, Sh0 said:

Hello! This has been an immensely useful guide! It's clear, concise, and easily understood; if you hadn't said English wasn't your first language, I would have had no clue that was the case. However, I do have a question: Will you be updating it for E6?

Hi !

an E6 version of this is eventually the plan, yes, but it's not gonna happen too soon - I need to go back over the e5 part and adjust everything that changed with e6 on top of the e6 part, and I don't have the free time I had when I made this guide, so it might take a while to get there.

I know fellow user Dred has mentionned a couple times on Discord they plan on doing a guide for E6 so they might just end up beating me to it.

• Upvote 1