[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

• Global Mods
29 minutes ago, Chrixai said:

Is Hardy considered our main rival or is Fe- I mean Connor?

*stares* yes it is Hardy! (and also Scarlett to an extent)

Just now, Daniel Prithvi said:

I have a problem. In the cellia library there seems to be an invisible wall which prevents me from speaking to jarred. What do I do?

download the latest patch is what you should do, since this has been fixed!

4 minutes ago, Posty said:

thank you very much. Didn't know it had a new patch. 

15 minutes ago, Posty said:

Thanks also why the long stare? XD Haha

5 hours ago, Winter said:

Sorry to the desolation gang for hijacking this thread but you can totally do this. If you've booted the mac version up at least once there should be a folder in Library/Application Support called "Pokemon Desolation". Put the Game.rxdata file there and you're done. 

Thank you

18 hours ago, Norm said:

Just finished V5 and loved it! Might do a write up later if I feel like wasting everyone's time. I tend to get pretty wordy and am probably the worst complimenter ever, so I don't know if y'all need that type of smoke.

Couple of Questions I'll put 'em in spoilers, just to be safe

Reveal hidden contents

- Can I get an F for my summer child Scizor? May his Bullet Punches rain on all non-believers...

- As far as Fan Megas go, are there any more planned? I remember the V4 thread having a poll or something for future ones? I know they're hard to design, and it's easy to go a little overboard with them in terms of quantity and balance, but they are quite fun.

- What is the planned scope of Desolation? Is it planned to be as big as Reborn and Rejuv, or is it going to be slightly smaller scale (Give or take story branching). For some reason I assume the latter, but I could easily be wrong.

- How far will the story branch? Getting into spoilery territory here I know, but it seems that the Climax of V5 seems like a point of no return as far as most choices have gone (Most games that involve choices generally have a point of no return like that). 

- Who are Y'all fav characters? I gotta say Ava and Garrett win best Girl/Boy respectively for me.

Hey Im a dumbass when it comes to math, i cant do even the simplest... Im in the building looking for The Fox Den with Aaron , theres these numbers 1337420.. I dunno if im supposed to figure something out math wise or what, But that being stated, I cant do math. sooo if maybe you can help give me the answer id appreciate it

31 minutes ago, Dolly said:

Hey Im a dumbass when it comes to math, i cant do even the simplest... Im in the building looking for The Fox Den with Aaron , theres these numbers 1337420.. I dunno if im supposed to figure something out math wise or what, But that being stated, I cant do math. sooo if maybe you can help give me the answer id appreciate it

Spoiler

There should be a laptop on the far bottom right corner. Just input that line of numbers into the laptop when it prompts you to put in a password. You can then interact with the laptop for some important details. 

Just now, Junior said:
  Hide contents

There should be a laptop on the far bottom right corner. Just input that line of numbers into the laptop when it prompts you to put in a password. You can then interact with the laptop for some important details. 

Hooray! Thank You

Started playing this game since the new version dropped, just passed Silver Rise and it looks pretty good so far. Gyms have been challenging to the point where I have to level and think a little to beat them but not overwhelmingly difficult. I like the characters and the story is pretty interesting so far.

Anyways, two questions:

Is there any way to change a pokemon's ability (like ability capsule in reborn and rejuv) and where is the name rater?

Edit: Found ability capsules

Here with more bothersome questions (spoilers) 

Spoiler

1) After post game, at dreamworld they said Tristan has gone somewhere. is there a way to find him, or only in later episodes?

2) Is the mega stone for Cinccino available?

3) Is there an event with the makuhita at silver rise? It wasn't there at ep 4

desolation cake.jpg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Amphibi said:

Started playing this game since the new version dropped, just passed Silver Rise and it looks pretty good so far. Gyms have been challenging to the point where I have to level and think a little to beat them but not overwhelmingly difficult. I like the characters and the story is pretty interesting so far.

Anyways, two questions:

Is there any way to change a pokemon's ability (like ability capsule in reborn and rejuv) and where is the name rater?

Edit: Found ability capsules

When you get to Blackview City there should be a house marked with a triangle relatively close to the entrance. In there, the name rater can be found. 

so i have 3 questions
1) where can i find the electrilizer (for electabuzz)
2) where can i find a dawn stone (i had a froslass in an earlier playtrough) found the solution

3) where do i use the brass key, i have it but cant find the place where i need it for

So im at Redcliffe town, and im grinding before the Connor battle, but my pokemon stopped at level 20, is there a level cap? or is there something wrong with my game? Because even at level 20 his team destroys me, my team is Noibat (Lvl 20), Rockruff (Lvl 20), and Shiny Meowth(Lvl 20).

Edited by ArchVolt

• Veterans
45 minutes ago, ArchVolt said:

So im at Redcliffe town, and im grinding before the Connor battle, but my pokemon stopped at level 20, is there a level cap? or is there something wrong with my game? Because even at level 20 his team destroys me, my team is Noibat (Lvl 20), Rockruff (Lvl 20), and Shiny Meowth(Lvl 20).

There's a hard level cap at 20 when you vs Connor. You can view the level caps on your trainer card, and the only way to go above the level caps is to use a rare candy.

3 hours ago, dragonza11 said:

so i have 3 questions
1) where can i find the electrilizer (for electabuzz)
2) where can i find a dawn stone (i had a froslass in an earlier playtrough) found the solution

3) where do i use the brass key, i have it but cant find the place where i need it for

Spoiler

1) Central Cellia in powerplant or rare items store

3) Top of silver rise mountain

3 hours ago, blastcore1 said:

i have 3 keys that are the odd key, the shiny key and the dull key

can someone tell me where they fit

Spoiler

You use shiny and dull in Blackview city in the house to the north of the power centre.

Spoiler

Is it possible to get to Waterscape?

• Global Mods

Hey guys heads up. This AMA is more relating to questions about development, key aspects of the game and fun questions to ask us at the dev teamthis is not intended to be used to ask about in-game content, for example "wheres this key" or "is this TM/Pokemon available".

Please if you want to ask questions about in-game stuff, go to the Discussions Section. If more questions are asked about in-game stuff, then I will be locking this thread, thank you.

• Like 1