Pokémon Ashen Frost [Case 20 + Revamp]

Michael_

• 2 weeks later...

Got to play the game (Demo III) and I was up till the second case till a bug prevented me from moving from a single tile. But fwiw I was a fan. I found the overworld, the music, and the atmosphere very fun and unique for its time (though it was pretty overwhelming to explore the first time around) and I kinda forgot this game was in my comp.

Now here I am searching for a new version and I was scared af as I couldn't see the Present anymore in the threads. Thank god it's still here. Excited for the re-release :))

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So uh, dev update time since it's been a few weeks. As of yesterday, Case 11 is now complete! Only two or so more to go before the re-release. We've also taken the liberty to add custom shinies to the game, knowing that's a thing that people like - so uh, here's some of my favourites:

Spoiler

709s.png178fs.png673s.png596s.png309s.png036s.png675.png

I've also been continuing to mess around with Pokémon teams and such. I've considered adding difficulty modes so if anyone sees this and that's something they wouldn't mind, feel free to let me know.

Also unrelated to dev progress itself but I've recently had some art commissioned of some of the characters in AF. I like how they turned out and I'll link each piece back to their respective pages as well. If you like the work, consider checking the artists out. Please note this contains spoiler characters up to Case 8:

Spoiler

XMsjLiE_d-1.webp?width=474&height=475oXqQ67k_d.webp?width=367&height=475Lucile.png?width=380&height=475Dominic.png?width=459&height=475

Just a reminder that we have a discord server. If you'd like to stay more up to date on information as opposed to sporadic dev posts like this, I'd recommend you check it out. But that's all from me, until next time! Cheers!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quality update time!

Much like Reborn, I have also taken the liberty of porting AF to MKXP. It took ages and made me want to die on multiple occasions but behold! Better framerates!

Yeah, it's not a big update but oh well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So uh, I've been quite dead on the forums when it comes to game updating. But for those who don't know, the game has been in playtesting for several weeks now - we're aiming for a early-mid September release. But seeing as I haven't posted anything in ages, here's a teaser of what's to come:

Spoiler

Also join the Discord for quicker updates and potential early access - link up top 

It won't be long now!

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Came back to say I'm on Case 2 and wow the game has really polished up! The music (and subtle reference) and the overall setting is still great!

Just a random note in the pokemon center by

Spoiler

Syl's office where you can get random mons for money, the mid tier will sometimes crash at random. Idk what causes this tho, otherwise everything's smooth so far.  I'm playing the latest version btw :)) 

5 hours ago, CryoSparks said:

Came back to say I'm on Case 2 and wow the game has really polished up! The music (and subtle reference) and the overall setting is still great!

Just a random note in the pokemon center by

Reveal hidden contents

Syl's office where you can get random mons for money, the mid tier will sometimes crash at random. Idk what causes this tho, otherwise everything's smooth so far.  I'm playing the latest version btw :)) 

Ah, I know what's causing that - I'll have that fixed as soon as I can! 

• Like 1

Game Version is now 1.3! Fixes a lot of bugs and typos found over the last few days, including some game breaking ones, Download up above! ^

For those experiencing the crashing bug in Case 8, you may need to leave the room and re-enter.