Nymeria's Legend

ThyMajicConch

Alright I have another theory for y'all. I looked back at the story Nymeria told us about how Arceus was once part of a bigger entity, got split by a meteor, and how a man and a woman went to war against each other. I think that the man was Vitus/Indriad/Sirius/(Angie possibly?) and the woman was Nymeria. I think this because the sprites were blacked out but looked very similar and she spoke as if she was there. I'd like to know if you guys have any theories about this or other parts of the legend. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Hmmm I don't think so, not remembering the details but she played it as "an old forgotten legend" that at best, ran on her family lore. I seem to remember it also sounded quite similar (or linked) to the story of Griselda, with the "Man" being one of the forces behind the treason by her sisters and daughter. Then again, Griselda being Giratina would make sense, as that story is like a cosmogeny for Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and her.

4 hours ago, Edo said:

I also think that it sounded very obvious that it's referring to Vitus and Nymiera. It has been a while since I've played Rejuv, but didn't Nymiera herself say that it was her and Vitus?

No she didn't say it was her and Vitus but it is definitely implied

2 hours ago, kithas said:

Hmmm I don't think so, not remembering the details but she played it as "an old forgotten legend" that at best, ran on her family lore. I seem to remember it also sounded quite similar (or linked) to the story of Griselda, with the "Man" being one of the forces behind the treason by her sisters and daughter. Then again, Griselda being Giratina would make sense, as that story is like a cosmogeny for Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and her.

That's an interesting thought. I'm kinda curious to how she knew Vitus though since you travel back to Hiyoshi City several decades in the past where she clearly knew him. Close to the present day, if you do Narcissa's quest, you get to see an old photo of Narcissa, a young Geara, and Sirius(Vitus) who looks like he hasn't aged a day at all. This leads me to believe he is definitely the man in the legend

Yes, it is clear that Vitus, Sirius or Indriad is involved in some sort of age-stopping magic, as we saw him Kugearen City (Timetravel) and in Marianette's manor, which is implied to be around the same time period, that being roughly 50 years prior the beginning of the game, and the same happens with Nymiera's arc in Hiyoshi.

16 hours ago, kithas said:

Yes, it is clear that Vitus, Sirius or Indriad is involved in some sort of age-stopping magic, as we saw him Kugearen City (Timetravel) and in Marianette's manor, which is implied to be around the same time period, that being roughly 50 years prior the beginning of the game, and the same happens with Nymiera's arc in Hiyoshi.

I think it is also possible that Vitus thought he recognized the player in the sewer manor, though it's most likely he thought it was nothing. Something I'd like to figure out though is when exactly does the crack in the sewers take you, how did Vitus/Sirius get involved with Team Xen and met Geara, and what exactly happened in the prologue cutscene? We find out the house it took place in was the very same house outside of Sashila, but how could Anathea die both there and at the manor in the past? The latter we personally witnessed. We never found out how exactly Anathea died in the first cutscene. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

Is it possible, then, that their son is Adrest?

That is an interesting thought. I'm not totally sure though since in the flashback with Adrest at the pyramid, he was with a woman who he addressed as his mother so that kinda rules out Nymeria as his mother, Indriad as his father, however is an interesting idea. We don't really know when exactly the flashback took place though.

I can think of two different theories: One, Prologue!Anathea and Past!Anathea come from different dimensions or timelines, like Melia and Melanie (And probably Marianette too) but Chrisolia Hotel's existance means the manor was there at one point. 

25 minutes ago, kithas said:

I can think of two different theories: One, Prologue!Anathea and Past!Anathea come from different dimensions or timelines, like Melia and Melanie (And probably Marianette too) but Chrisolia Hotel's existance means the manor was there at one point. 

Yes, very possible. It makes you wonder if Chrisolia Hotel will play a major role in the future.