Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The puzzle hints on the indent in the wall basically mean to have the Old Doll with you and do the opposite of the Regice puzzle from Emerald. Which means from the wall indent, go right and keep walking along the walls of the rock formation until you're back at the indent. 

I don't remember where to get the Old Doll, though. I think it's part of the rangers guild quest where you explore a room in Weeping Depths with a lot of tombstones, but I could be wrong.

I see! Thanks a lot! Do they have any purpose for now, or will i find out as I get the last piece?

43 minutes ago, Chuuya said:

How does the Helix Cave puzzle work? 

You have to talk to the four roaming bidoof on the left of the room when you walk in, starting from the top one and going down. Might take a few tries because some of them blend in  

1 minute ago, jadipiii said:

You have to talk to the four roaming bidoof on the left of the room when you walk in, starting from the top one and going down. Might take a few tries because some of them blend in  

There's Bidoofs? O.O

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

We'll most likely find out when we're able to get all seven of them.

• woah, seven? christ.
  • also, there's one key available for that bronze island sidequest as of right now, right?
Edited by Maneeee

• Global Mods
Just now, Maneeee said:
  • woah, seven? christ.
  • also, there's one key available for that bronze island sidequest as of right now, right?

If you mean Majira's keys, there are two available. One in the old Blackview rangers guild building and one in the old Central Cellia rangers guild building, which you have to battle Sena for.

22 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

If you mean Majira's keys, there are two available. One in the old Blackview rangers guild building and one in the old Central Cellia rangers guild building, which you have to battle Sena for.

sooo many keys... not necessarily a bad thing though :P Thanks for the help!

Something I just realized when playing: whenever I throw a pokeball at a wild pokemon and they break free, the wild pokemon's turn is skipped over, meaning I can just keep throwing pokeballs over and over without being attacked. Is this a glitch or was it intentional? Not that I'm complaining about a free turn xD just curious

1 hour ago, jadipiii said:

Something I just realized when playing: whenever I throw a pokeball at a wild pokemon and they break free, the wild pokemon's turn is skipped over, meaning I can just keep throwing pokeballs over and over without being attacked. Is this a glitch or was it intentional? Not that I'm complaining about a free turn xD just curious

Intentional.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:38 PM, jadipiii said:

I was confused at first too. 

On 10/20/2017 at 1:11 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I only got the one after battling Sena. Where's the other one??

59 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

I only got the one after battling Sena. Where's the other one??

Go to the abandoned Blackview city rangers guild(where you go to join the other gang and then get put in a cell),there are boxes covering the stairs.Interacting with middle boxes will remove it and you can then move up the stairs.

Spoiler

untitled.PNG.c19a94bd956c1acf8e3c17f183151c8b.PNG

1 hour ago, Yagami said:

Go to the abandoned Blackview city rangers guild(where you go to join the other gang and then get put in a cell),there are boxes covering the stairs.Interacting with middle boxes will remove it and you can then move up the stairs.

Hide contents

untitled.PNG.c19a94bd956c1acf8e3c17f183151c8b.PNG

Got it. I had to search properly beforehand. Thanks.

After just discovering that I could have saved Scarlett I can't believe I failed. I had all the reputation needed I just must've missed the bow...

I don't mind when characters die in the game because I had choice A or B and I believed in my choice and that killed a character, but when it's just of my own incompetence it's really frustrating. I would be so happy if there was something simple like a way to go back to an older save file (but of course this was before save file backups existed in Desolation) or set my location in the story to be before Scarlett killed herself so I could save her but that probably could never happen, and even if it could, who am I to ask someone to go out of their way to move my save file back because of my mistake.

And I even managed to save Nova, so I can't call this run of Desolation 'the one where I kill off every character'. 

I'm replaying through Desolation with a new save file because I really wanted my main game to be one where I saved Scarlett, but I'm kind of confused about the fight club having never tried it before in Blackview. After searching this thread for info on it I've heard that apparently they lock you out if you win too much and that's about it. However, I know in ICSW's post about sidequests up to Blackview she said it could be considered a sidequest, so I'm curious of a few things.

-Do you actually get attacked before Cellia's fight club?

-Does anything special happen overall besides people talking more highly of you up to the point that you're suggested to try out Cellia fight club?

Edited by BananananaK

Tristan needs a nerf IMO, her Mega Lopunny keeps sweeping my team, all level 45, none of my Pokemon can outspeed, and i keep getting oneshotted by HJK/ice punch/return. On my 6th attempt now, so far i only know she has a Heliolisk as the 4th team member on her team.

At the very least just take away the Mega since we can't even use Mega Evolution ourselves yet.

Edited by Chrono244