Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Lemonade can be bought from a vending machine in a house in Celeste City.

A Leaf stone can be found in Keneph Jungle - it's a hidden item.

There is currently no EXP Share.

I've already been considering axing Starly, RIP everyone here.

thanks caz, not sure if only leaving us with pidgey as a flying type is ideal,tho this will only affect new players, tho i depends on what you add in v3

i serched all the houses and couldn't find the vending macheine i feel bad having missed it now

Edited by sandy

Lemonade - The house to the right of the pokemon center I think, the machine is right in the middle of the room iirc.

If I was wrong then I'm sure it's a house next to the pokemon center.

Edited by Pandalex12

Lemonade can be bought from a vending machine in a house in Celeste City.

A Leaf stone can be found in Keneph Jungle - it's a hidden item.

There is currently no EXP Share.

I've already been considering axing Starly, RIP everyone here.

If you axe Starly, please add Taillow as a starter.

I really want a Taillow starter. One of my favorites but basically every fangame keeps putting the bird in places where far better options had already been available much earlier on. :(

• Developers

If you axe Starly, please add Taillow as a starter.

I really want a Taillow starter. One of my favorites but basically every fangame keeps putting the bird in places where far better options had already been available much earlier on. :(

Taillow won't be a starter, but it is going to be replacing Starly. Either you made a legendary guess or you're lucky [:

Taillow won't be a starter, but it is going to be replacing Starly. Either you made a legendary guess or you're lucky [:

Neither, I posted earlier in the thread about wanting Taillow as a starter (in which you mentioned that you were considering it at one point) and wondered if that was still on the table. :P

isn't swellow just is powerful or stronger than staraptor? also remember you have pidgey there, also while we are on the subject of fixing things adrryan could use a a fix as she is almost sweepable with manetric, only reason she is not is because of emolga's motor drive ability. by the time manetric gets discharge (at level 32) it can out speed her whole team. my recommendation would be to remove say chatot reduce honchkrow's level wither you make it a murkrow also is your decision and make her ace something that cant be swept by a fast electric type like altaria since here ace is level 35 anyway

neither amythest or jan has given us a tallow yet despite both games being attest half done yet starly are both obtainable one way or another

Edited by sandy

isn't swellow just is powerful or stronger than staraptor? also remember you have pidgey there, also while we are on the subject of fixing things adrryan could use a a fix as she is almost sweepable with manetric, only reason she is not is because of emolga's motor drive ability. by the time manetric gets discharge (at level 32) it can out speed her whole team. my recommendation would be to remove say chatot reduce honchkrow's level wither you make it a murkrow also is your decision and make her ace something that cant be swept by a fast electric type like altaria since here ace is level 35 anyway

neither amythest or jan has given us a tallow yet despite both games being attest half done yet starly are both obtainable one way or another

there are Taillow's in reborn

just use headbutt on trees

in rejuvantion, i am not so sure

the end of episode 2 really shocked me though, i never guessed scarlett was a part of team crescent

makes me wonder why she joined them in the first place...

Edited by blastcore1

interesting, seems i missed that on the location list but i doubt it has been there for long, m point was that both games are at their halfway stage already and i personally believe that it is too early in the game for tailow to be added but its ultimately up to caz wither it's added or not.

as for scarlet i was wondering that myself i guess we will need to wait and see how v3 plays out to know more.

Swellow is only faster than Staraptor but has about 2/3 of Staraptor's base attack - Staraptor is just far more superior with the reckless ability, competitive wise. I prefer Swellow but doubt we will get a toxic/flame orb soon.

Edited by Pandalex12

She also gets completely swept by Shell Smash Magcargo

She also gets completely swept by Shell Smash Magcargo

didnt know about that but either way she definitely needs a buff

edit: a bit off topic but how i get those sigs that show your team for each game?

Edited by sandy

• Developers

didnt know about that but either way she definitely needs a buff.

I dont believe that ill buff Aderyn, and if I do, it will only be slight. The Pokemon that people generally use to beat Aderyn are other Pokemon that they have to work to get to some degree. That's what I want, as awhile ago I said that Aderyn is a Gym Leader built upon preparation, that if you're prepared you shouldn't have much trouble with her.

• Global Mods

Aderyn's Life Orb Honchkrow destroyed me at least 30 times among all my files. Then again my team is Sealeo, Toxicroak, and Delphox. Sealeo is slow and I've lost if it disobeys against Honchkrow because it can barely take one hit. Toxicroak is one-shotted by Air Slash and Delphox is one-shotted by Sucker Punch.

Aderyn's Life Orb Honchkrow destroyed me at least 30 times among all my files. Then again my team is Sealeo, Toxicroak, and Delphox. Sealeo is slow and I've lost if it disobeys against Honchkrow because it can barely take one hit. Toxicroak is one-shotted by Air Slash and Delphox is one-shotted by Sucker Punch.

Again. Catch Slugma in the volcano place. Train it to lvl 38, you'll have to fight through the level cap a little. Have shell smash magcargo with Rock Slide. Lead the fight with Magcargo use shell smash once bc the chatot won't kill you with chatter. Proceed to destroy everything

I used Magneton (evolved from Magnemite from shop) which can defeat all of the pokemon except Hawlucha (that mon has beast speed).

Had to used Quadsire's Yawn and Floette's weak Fairy Wind to barely take it out. I had a pretty severe type disadvantage before obtaining Magnemite (2 mons weak to flying and all mons taking heavy damage from Hawlucha excl. Quadsire)

I do hope a shiny stone is available next ep since the rest of my party will eventually leave Floette behind in terms of roles.

Note: Is there any pokemon that can outspeed Hawlucha at this stage? (w/o exceeding the level cap ofc)

I used Magneton (evolved from Magnemite from shop) which can defeat all of the pokemon except Hawlucha (that mon has beast speed).

Had to used Quadsire's Yawn and Floette's weak Fairy Wind to barely take it out. I had a pretty severe type disadvantage before obtaining Magnemite (2 mons weak to flying and all mons taking heavy damage from Hawlucha excl. Quadsire)

I do hope a shiny stone is available next ep since the rest of my party will eventually leave Floette behind in terms of roles.

Note: Is there any pokemon that can outspeed Hawlucha at this stage? (w/o exceeding the level cap ofc)

i started with an electrike and evolved into a manectric

and after i trained him up to lvl.34

it outsped her entire team

other than priority moves, i dont think so

so I started this fangame a week ago, picked elektrike, and i have one thing to say:

STOP KILLING MY DOG!

its like 6 levels behind my team because it faints any time i send it out, whether it be to a mon it's trying to para-hax, eating a hit so i can heal another 'mon, or just getting one-shotted by stab Bubblebeam in the rain.

currently saving up credits to buy magnemite because he is my second-favorite 'mon ever and my favorite out of the 'mons i commonly get (fave is metagross, but you can count his pre-e4 appearances on a single finger named "reborn"[thanks ame]). When I to the name rater I'm going to change my Staravia's name to Bird-Bomb because that's essentially what it is early on, a fast fragile tactical nuclear bird.

• Developers

so I started this fangame a week ago, picked elektrike, and i have one thing to say:

STOP KILLING MY DOG!

Once your dog evolves it will start killing everything ._.

I can confirm a Shiny Stone is not in Episode 3, but will be in Episode 4. You'll have to wait :'(

Edited by Caz

I've found the vending machine in celeste city, but it seems to be non-functional. whenever I interact with it, nothing happens, i don't even get a text response.

do I have to trigger something else first?

I think you must trigger the sidequest in the Ranger Guild where you go and recruit someone in the city. After you speak to them, you need to go to the vending machine and it should probably work.

Edited by Pandalex12

• Developers

I've found the vending machine in celeste city, but it seems to be non-functional. whenever I interact with it, nothing happens, i don't even get a text response.

do I have to trigger something else first?

Nah, there's no trigger. As long as you're facing the front of the vending machine, as in, looking up at it, it should work.

Edited by Caz

• Developers

then mine is definitely bugged. It doesn't react at all. i've got the quest and i've talked to the right dude, but no dice.

Pm me your save, I'll take a look at it.

• Developers

Here's an announcement that most people wanted to see - REMADE SPRITES! Das right folks, Connor is looking pretty fire, Scarlett's looking kinda... pink? And let's just get into it.

Before we begin, the sprites are made by my first and only other team member, Pearl, who's been on vacation for what seems like ever and I couldn't hold this announcement back anymore \o/

First on foremost, Connor:

udigZpj.pngVZdCaeg.png

Connor's looking a lot better, a lot less Ferny and more hot headed (whoops). I'm really happy with his new look and I hope you agree.

Next up is Scarlett:

wKcprs1.pngRipuhDs.png

Scarlett's looking a lot more outgoing. At least now she looks like she finally decided on ONE hair color.

Finally we've got Shiv:

cqg737t.pngwUNKaXh.png

Big change with Shiv, but this is more of how I imagined him to be. He has an arrogant personality, but holds an air of mystery to him at the same time.

There's also some smaller sprite changes, such as new villagers:

Dug7VPq.pngLr8Qooi.png

Big thanks to Pearl who was a huge help with these, also you might be seeing some new protagonists soon!

While I'm at it, I've added a 'Recent Updates' tab on the original post so you don't miss an update. Finally, here's the progress report on Episode 3 as of last night:

Prior updates (90%)
#################### | Field Updates (100%)
#################### | Event Updates (100%)
#################### | Graphic Updates (80%)
#################### | Map Remodeling (90%)
#################### | Misc Updates (80%)
#################### | Scripting Updates (100%)
New content (70%)
#################### | Mapping (90%)
#################### | New Field Effects (90%)
#################### | Eventing (60%)
#################### | Sidequests (50%)
#################### | Story (60%)
Total Completion:
#################### | (80%)

That's all for now, signing off o7

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 7