Rejuvenation V11 | Conflicting Ren-union

Jan

Just now, kenzie said:

you see I thought that but I walked up to it and nothing happened

Well, from what I remember you just interacted with the iced house and just defrosted it  ._.

Yo so after the Valor mountain stuff, Melia says "Things should have turned out differently" in orangeish/yellow text.  Was it possible for everything to have turned out different? For me to have saved Jenner and Nim?

14 hours ago, fellowry said:

You can always buy some ice cream in Route 3

Also, damn really? I didn't know those healed.

19 hours ago, kenzie said:

Yo so after the Valor mountain stuff, Melia says "Things should have turned out differently" in orangeish/yellow text.  Was it possible for everything to have turned out different? For me to have saved Jenner and Nim?

There's no way to save them.

Spoiler

However, the Puppetmaster does mention that Aelita's presence might have changed their fates, so it might be referring to that...

Edited by Mayflower896

17 hours ago, Mayflower896 said:

There's no way to save them.

Hide contents

However, the Puppetmaster does mention that Aelita's presence might have changed their fates, so it be referring to that...

hmmm, ok.  Maybe at some point we'll be able to go back and fix that event.

18 hours ago, Runemance said:

Can someone help? I've downloaded the latest patch and I still can't pick up eggs.

Which egg do you mean? because I can't pick up the Seviper egg but there is another one that I can pick up an infinite amount of and there are other eggs that people don't register I've picked up even though I did.

Yeah ok so What the fuvk are those Center Keys for I can't find what fucking terajuma house it unlocks lmao

image.png

5 hours ago, kenzie said:

Which egg do you mean? because I can't pick up the Seviper egg but there is another one that I can pick up an infinite amount of and there are other eggs that people don't register I've picked up even though I did.

Yeah, the Seviper egg. I haven't tried any others though.

23 minutes ago, Runemance said:

ripperoni

Well if you really want that serviper egg u can always go back to v10 to get the egg and change back to v11 and i think this should be okay because they are no major change in gearen city before late game so it wouldn't crash the game

13 hours ago, kulesiak said:

Well, you can buy it Department of dreams in GDC, right after this gym battle.

f u c k

Hey if I post my team would anyone be willing to help me come up with a strategy for this electric bitch? >:(((((((

On 2/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, kenzie said:

So how do I explain this since it wasn't clear? I suppose I'll post it in the Spoilers as it technically is spoiler and complicated

Spoiler

First let me just simply explain how a plot works. You go from point A to point B with the hero. There's various things that happen during the journey to that point but you end up at the same point no matter what. That's how all narratives work on a basic premise. However, there's a million to the millionth power ways that the hero could get to that point. It's why so many stories end up so different from one another. In the end though, stories more or less travel in a straight line from a narrative perspective. This is very important to remember as I'm about to start spinning heads.

How a story flows is completely different. It's unfortunate, but the world rarely revolves around the hero so there's always countless events happening at the same time as whatever our hero is doing such as the villain preparing to build his giant laser of doom. It's these various events that pull our hero to move towards a certain path and perhaps depending on choices a different path may have been chosen. The best way to describe it is that events are like magnets that pull the narrative and reform that line to a much more jagged shape. Yet it is still a singular line. I want to make sure you get this clear in your head that flow is a jagged line but a narrative is a straight line.

There's a reason why I never recommend ever using time travel. First off, it in and of itself is a paradox and nonsensical. You need to accept and understand that before even trying to use such an element. There's also no grounded rules with how time travel works, but you need to set hard rules how it works which Rejuv broke. There's plenty of discussion of how this works but I'm just going to name two of them which are both pretty famous and well known. Most of you are familiar with the butterfly effect, I presume so I'll save that one last. (And yes, this is all needed to explain your question)

The time travel theory I personally like is the one called "Giving Birth to yourself" (not the official name). So as wrong as this is going to sound, let's say you go back in time and make love with a great ancestor of yours to produce a child. This was before you were born so in theory you actually gave birth to yourself. It's more well known as the shooting your grandfather paradox, but this one makes more sense to use as an element. Basically the reason the events turn out the way they were is due to the fact someone traveled back in time to do them. Therefore if there was no time travel, the history would not have happened. It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation but it keeps everything into a singular timeline. This is the time travel method Rejuv primarily focuses on. Everything was predetermined and he who wished to stop it was the one who started it in a sense. It's a closed, but infinite loop when you think about it. For the sake of simplicity we'll call this the Kanon Time Travel (see what I did...yeah, I'll stop).

So we have this closed predetermined loop, but here's where the paradox happens. We've got the butterfly effect come into play. So what happens is if you change an event in the past (like kill a butterfly) it could have drastic effects and completely change the future. What happens then is a new timeline is created separate from the one you are from. Does the old timeline get erased is the big question? For most time travel stories, the answer is yes. It makes things simple and easy to understand. For Rejuv...it's complicated. I'm just gonna warn you that it's better to just say it all makes sense in your head instead of trying to understand me saying it doesn't make sense (this really is Kingdom Hearts). This is like fully essay stuff in layman's terms.

So first I have to explain infinite dimension theory (thank god I played the nonary games). Let's say you ate a hamburger today. In a different dimension, you ate chicken at that moment. For every instance of choice, there is an infinite amount of dimensions which you made all the other possible choices. Because of this there are an infinite amount of timelines all with different outcomes. You wouldn't know those outcomes because you do not exist in them. So we all know about the whole bad future thing but let's take a moment to talk about the rock paradox. If we were using the Kanon Time Travel, this would make sense, but it can't be that since the bad future would have never existed in the first place. Now we do the bad future segment and everything is fine and dandy so what happened to that future? If we use the infinite dimensions theory, it still exists though it cannot be reached through normal means since one does not have the ability to travel through dimensions. We've now set course by not throwing the rock onto the Kanon Time Travel again since everything happened as it was predetermined to.

With that long ass explanation out of the way, I can answer the goddamn question. Melia is part of the storm chasers who are trying to stop a predetermined future caused by a storm. In reality, they are probably what's causing the storm in the first place. Because of this goal, Melia believes she can change the future as that is her goal. With that belief she believes she could have saved her father from this disaster by changing events in the past or one instance in order to save her father. We are on Kanon Time Travel right now so that will not be possible. If Bad Future Time Travel is every going to happen again, it's only going to happen once and I do not know the effects it will cause. There's your answer to your question, but there's one other Time Travel I didn't talk about yet.

Yes, there's multiple timelines in this game, however, these are quite different from the two I talked about before. Remember how I talked about how events pulled the narrative line in different directions (which is the flow line). Well what if we removed one of those events? What would happen? The pull on the flow would change, but it wouldn't make too much of a change. This is the multiple timelines at work. Small changes alter the timeline but not so much to divert it off of Kanon Time Travel as predetermined events still occur. Then there's the Narcissa paradox but like hell I'm going to even try to explain that.

This has been Commander on "Why I hate talking about time travel." Tune in next time for "Why the Interceptor ruined what little was going for Blacksteeple"

On 12/23/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jan said:

Merry early Christmas everyone!! This took much longer than I expected, but that's fine. It happens. We move on. 

V11 Cover Art:

Reveal hidden contents

UwugIi5.png

Higher resolutions of the cover art can be found here!

Reveal hidden contents

7ywUEm3.png

~Patreon~

Before I continue, I wanted to say that I've opened up a Patreon! I love creating stuff, but time and money make things difficult. I would really, really, REALLY, appreciate it if you considered supporting me on Patreon. It'll give me more time to work on Rejuv and other projects I have in the works~ Plus you'll gain some cool perks like my Discord server + other things 👀👀

🎉🎉Support me on Patreon!! 🎉🎉 

~Rejuvenation Club!!~

I know, technically, there was already a club for Rejuv, but I wanted there to be one ran by me so that I can organize things better! You can join that club here.

*All bug reports and troubleshooting stuff should be put in the club from now on. I'll only really be checking there!

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING:

Reveal hidden contents

If you play on Full Screen/Large Screen, RESET TO MEDIUM, and then update 

Some areas have changed in some way shape or form. Do NOT load up in any of these areas:

Oceana Pier

East and West Gearen City (outside)

Shopping centers located at Gearen

Connecting Bridge

Gearen Lab

Carotos Mountain

Xen Lab

Secret Shore

Phasial Cave
Route 7

Route 8

Oblitus Town

Azure Shore

Nectar Woods
Terajuma Island (Kakori interiors, Route 5, and the floors beneath the cliffside at Valor Mountain are fine)

To continue the story, load up on Route 9 and head south towards Grand Dream City.

x5LgkJj.png

Download Links: Last updated 7:04 pm EST 1/5/19 Patch [3]

GOOGLE DRIVE:

Google Drive

MEGA:

Mega

MEDIAFIRE:

Mediafire

Patch[3] Separately

MEGA:

Mega

MEDIAFIRE:

Mediafire

PBS files

Mega

Oh, and one more thing.... Enjoy!

so is v11 out yet then?

17 hours ago, Commander said:

So how do I explain this since it wasn't clear? I suppose I'll post it in the Spoilers as it technically is spoiler and complicated

Hide contents

First let me just simply explain how a plot works. You go from point A to point B with the hero. There's various things that happen during the journey to that point but you end up at the same point no matter what. That's how all narratives work on a basic premise. However, there's a million to the millionth power ways that the hero could get to that point. It's why so many stories end up so different from one another. In the end though, stories more or less travel in a straight line from a narrative perspective. This is very important to remember as I'm about to start spinning heads.

How a story flows is completely different. It's unfortunate, but the world rarely revolves around the hero so there's always countless events happening at the same time as whatever our hero is doing such as the villain preparing to build his giant laser of doom. It's these various events that pull our hero to move towards a certain path and perhaps depending on choices a different path may have been chosen. The best way to describe it is that events are like magnets that pull the narrative and reform that line to a much more jagged shape. Yet it is still a singular line. I want to make sure you get this clear in your head that flow is a jagged line but a narrative is a straight line.

There's a reason why I never recommend ever using time travel. First off, it in and of itself is a paradox and nonsensical. You need to accept and understand that before even trying to use such an element. There's also no grounded rules with how time travel works, but you need to set hard rules how it works which Rejuv broke. There's plenty of discussion of how this works but I'm just going to name two of them which are both pretty famous and well known. Most of you are familiar with the butterfly effect, I presume so I'll save that one last. (And yes, this is all needed to explain your question)

The time travel theory I personally like is the one called "Giving Birth to yourself" (not the official name). So as wrong as this is going to sound, let's say you go back in time and make love with a great ancestor of yours to produce a child. This was before you were born so in theory you actually gave birth to yourself. It's more well known as the shooting your grandfather paradox, but this one makes more sense to use as an element. Basically the reason the events turn out the way they were is due to the fact someone traveled back in time to do them. Therefore if there was no time travel, the history would not have happened. It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation but it keeps everything into a singular timeline. This is the time travel method Rejuv primarily focuses on. Everything was predetermined and he who wished to stop it was the one who started it in a sense. It's a closed, but infinite loop when you think about it. For the sake of simplicity we'll call this the Kanon Time Travel (see what I did...yeah, I'll stop).

So we have this closed predetermined loop, but here's where the paradox happens. We've got the butterfly effect come into play. So what happens is if you change an event in the past (like kill a butterfly) it could have drastic effects and completely change the future. What happens then is a new timeline is created separate from the one you are from. Does the old timeline get erased is the big question? For most time travel stories, the answer is yes. It makes things simple and easy to understand. For Rejuv...it's complicated. I'm just gonna warn you that it's better to just say it all makes sense in your head instead of trying to understand me saying it doesn't make sense (this really is Kingdom Hearts). This is like fully essay stuff in layman's terms.

So first I have to explain infinite dimension theory (thank god I played the nonary games). Let's say you ate a hamburger today. In a different dimension, you ate chicken at that moment. For every instance of choice, there is an infinite amount of dimensions which you made all the other possible choices. Because of this there are an infinite amount of timelines all with different outcomes. You wouldn't know those outcomes because you do not exist in them. So we all know about the whole bad future thing but let's take a moment to talk about the rock paradox. If we were using the Kanon Time Travel, this would make sense, but it can't be that since the bad future would have never existed in the first place. Now we do the bad future segment and everything is fine and dandy so what happened to that future? If we use the infinite dimensions theory, it still exists though it cannot be reached through normal means since one does not have the ability to travel through dimensions. We've now set course by not throwing the rock onto the Kanon Time Travel again since everything happened as it was predetermined to.

With that long ass explanation out of the way, I can answer the goddamn question. Melia is part of the storm chasers who are trying to stop a predetermined future caused by a storm. In reality, they are probably what's causing the storm in the first place. Because of this goal, Melia believes she can change the future as that is her goal. With that belief she believes she could have saved her father from this disaster by changing events in the past or one instance in order to save her father. We are on Kanon Time Travel right now so that will not be possible. If Bad Future Time Travel is every going to happen again, it's only going to happen once and I do not know the effects it will cause. There's your answer to your question, but there's one other Time Travel I didn't talk about yet.

Yes, there's multiple timelines in this game, however, these are quite different from the two I talked about before. Remember how I talked about how events pulled the narrative line in different directions (which is the flow line). Well what if we removed one of those events? What would happen? The pull on the flow would change, but it wouldn't make too much of a change. This is the multiple timelines at work. Small changes alter the timeline but not so much to divert it off of Kanon Time Travel as predetermined events still occur. Then there's the Narcissa paradox but like hell I'm going to even try to explain that.

This has been Commander on "Why I hate talking about time travel." Tune in next time for "Why the Interceptor ruined what little was going for Blacksteeple"

Ok thankfully I understand a basic amount of quantum physics and such so I was able to hop around a bit in there haha.  So tldr, Melia was hinting at the fact that she could time travel at the point where we "lost" nim and lost her father.  Makes sense, ok.  I actually wouldn't mind hearing about your gripes on blacksteeple (unless it contains v11 spoilers then nvm) because I fucking love blacksteeple tbh.  And yeah I never thought of it that way, but you're totally right bad future totally fucked up their own time rules (unless they're gonna make up their own time rules, wouldn't surprise me.) Also, huh I guess I know why I love this game so much; it has the same story BS as KH (Literally my fav gaming franchise.

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

Ok thankfully I understand a basic amount of quantum physics and such so I was able to hop around a bit in there haha.  So tldr, Melia was hinting at the fact that she could time travel at the point where we "lost" nim and lost her father.  Makes sense, ok.  I actually wouldn't mind hearing about your gripes on blacksteeple (unless it contains v11 spoilers then nvm) because I fucking love blacksteeple tbh.  And yeah I never thought of it that way, but you're totally right bad future totally fucked up their own time rules (unless they're gonna make up their own time rules, wouldn't surprise me.) Also, huh I guess I know why I love this game so much; it has the same story BS as KH (Literally my fav gaming franchise.

I always thought of the golden bolded words/sentences as "things in which the Interceptor/pc can intervene" as in when a npc hints at the possible solution of a puzzle. That would mean we (as the pc/Interceptor) could avoid the events in which Jenner and Nim end up in the volcano. Maybe it has something to do with Crescent, or maybe with Melia and the PC relationship, or maybe a whole new time travel to the beginning of the game. 

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and its just a way to signal Melia's wishes.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, kenzie said:

Here I thought that eluded us to the fact that there are strange phenomenons around the interceptor such as defying fate. Remember the mysterious figure on the hoverboard said something like "everything is on a predetermined path, at least that's how it's supposed to be" so the presence of the interceptor can change the outcome of some events. That's what I understood when Melia said that

2 hours ago, kenzie said:

Hey so I looked up what the Center Keys were for and apparently they're for the Kristiline Help Center.  Is that what they are still for in V11? I don't remember being told that I used them for that.

Yeah, they are but you've probably already unlocked the help center before.