Anything Anime

Kai

-cough- so, just gonna stay out of the OPM debate, as I know where I stand already.

i wanna start gintama so bad but every time i try, i just think 200+ episodes and go bleh. ive already seen the first two episodes and found them pretty enjoyable, and from what i've heard, it's only supposed to get "good" at 50+.

This is not just to Gore, but to errrrrbooodyyyyyy.

Yes. Gintama. Never be discouraged by length. Once you discover you love it (and the people I know who have given it a legitimate shot, have liked it), you'll be like "omg now there's 200 MORE episodes of that!"

I will admit, if you're doing it from episode one (and not jump around) then yes it will take until episode 50, the first arc, for you to get hooked.

The first 50 episodes act more as a prologue, allowing the viewer to get accustomed to the rather large cast, and learn about many of their quirks.

If ANYTHING, start with a random episode, or certain episodes (I'll certainly be glad to start you off if you're interested).

This is a fairly accurate beginner's guide to Gintama

Lastly, Gintama has one of the most fluid fight scenes I have ever seen, just pure awesome combat. None of that Bleach teleporting-swordfighting-BS.

Dive. In. I never discovered a lot of titles I like if I never gave it a good-to-honest shot.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on other news, a danganronpa anime sequel was announced

correct me if im wrong, but i dont think it's related to any of the games. interested to see how this turns out.

Looks neat. The first wasn't too bad so this could be good.

• Support Squad

on other news, a danganronpa anime sequel was announced

correct me if im wrong, but i dont think it's related to any of the games. interested to see how this turns out.

My guess is it'll serve as direct prequel for the events of the 3rd game. The finale will almost definitely be a game, considering the franchises roots, and the franchise isn't against branching out to expand the world that little bit more, so it'd make sense.

I just finished watching what's been released of Digimon Adventure Tri so far, and MAN, the nostalgia is strong in this one. I was a huge fan of the of the original Digmon series growing up, probably when I was about 6 or 7, and it was great to see the characters again after all these years. I will say that the plot seems pretty rushed, and a lot of their execution is pretty lackluster (I'm looking at you, Episode 4.) I've been wanting to see Tai pull out War Greymon this whole time, and when he finally does, all we get is a bunch of rapid evolution with no explanation or animation. It just seemed really rushed and felt like it could have been done so much better. It was like they knew they were running out of time for the movie or something and had to cram all the cool stuff in, and it just seemed really bad to me.

Regardless, I do have to say that I love seeing a Digimon movie aimed at adults, specifically those of us who watched the original series as a kid. I've enjoyed it overall, but I do hope that the next portion takes more time on things.

• Veterans

My guess is it'll serve as direct prequel for the events of the 3rd game. The finale will almost definitely be a game, considering the franchises roots, and the franchise isn't against branching out to expand the world that little bit more, so it'd make sense.

Nope, it's confirmed that the trailer that involves the original DR cast is going to be for an anime. I believe that I read that the developers said that "it's something that simply cannot be explained with a game anymore", so that's why. The other trailer IS for a new game though. There's also a difference in the names, DR3 and DRV3, DR3 being the anime an DRV3 being the new game if i remember correctly.

Honestly, I read this thread and it was kinda interesting to see what reactions you got for what anime, and then, bam, 60 pages already?^^'

Soo, I skipped from 1 to 60.

And hurray, two announcements for anime I liked (and one isn't even yet on anime-planet, thx Simon) :D

hmm, somehow I don't care if you get my anime-planet name, so click on spoiler:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/AnimeLotus

That's my profile and everything I watched from Anime & how it is rated by me^^

Shokugeki No Souma Season 2 finally confirmed.

CV2jmEkUwAABrOc.jpg

DAMN IT SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT

so far 2016 is looking pretty amazing, might be one of the best years we've had in a while. not sure if there's any confirmed date for this yet, but if it does air in 2016, then it'll be joining this already awesome list:

- shingeki no kyojin season 2

- nanatsu no taizai season 2

- magi: sinbad no boukuen (magi spin off)

- shingeki no bahamut: manaria friends (shingeki no bahamut spin off series)

- ass class season 2

- kizumonogatari and koyomimonogatari

- erased (boku dake ga inai machi)

- boku no hero academia (not yet confirmed, but i could see it airing on fall 2016) edit: confirmed for spring 2016

- steins;gate 0 (not confirmed either)

- durarara final cour

- phoenix wright

- persona 5

- kiznaiver (studio trigger)

- sousei no omnyouji (binbougami ga author)

- mob psycho 100 (one punch man author)

- arslan senki season 2

- dimension w (darker than black author)
- gate 2nd cour
- akagami no shirayuki-hime 2nd cour
- jojo

these are probably not gonna be as good, but i'm still interested in seeing how they turn out:

- terra formars 2nd season

- schwarzesmarken (muv-luv alternative spin off series)

- big order (mirai nikki author)

- rewrite

- ajin

now all we need is prison school season 2 and index III. jc staff pls make it happen.

also rokka no yuusha volume 2 adaptation

Edited by Gore

that list really does look like a heavyweight tournament for anime^^

about a third of them I didn't know about :)

And, yeah, prison school season 2 could be interesting, but maybe not so much as one could think,

what I would fear is that it could turn out to be just a repetitive (for most of the part).

(or is that something to look forward to? I dunno^^')

what about this? :-)

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 2 (no release date yet, or I just don't know if there is one yet, but probably 2016)

Edited by BrutaLotus

prison school only gets crazier on the next arc, believe me. and i dont know if shingeki no bahamut's second season will also air in 2016, but i doubt it because studio mappa usually doesnt release many titles per year (1-2 on average) and they're already doing the manaria friends spin off, so yeah.

so far 2016 is looking pretty amazing, might be one of the best years we've had in a while. not sure if there's any confirmed date for this yet, but if it does air in 2016, then it'll be joining this already awesome list:

- shingeki no kyojin season 2

- nanatsu no taizai season 2

- magi: sinbad no boukuen (magi spin off)

- shingeki no bahamut: manaria friends (shingeki no bahamut spin off series)

- ass class season 2

- kizumonogatari and koyomimonogatari

- erased (boku dake ga inai machi)

- boku no hero academia (not yet confirmed, but i could see it airing on fall 2016)

- steins;gate 0 (not confirmed either)

- durarara final cour

- phoenix wright

- persona 5

- kiznaiver (studio trigger)

- sousei no omnyouji (binbougami ga author)

- mob psycho 100 (one punch man author)

- arslan senki season 2

- dimension w (darker than black author)
- gate 2nd cour
- akagami no shirayuki-hime 2nd cour

these are probably not gonna be as good, but i'm still interested in seeing how they turn out:

- terra formars 2nd season

- schwarzesmarken (muv-luv alternative spin off series)

- big order (mirai nikki author)

- rewrite

- ajin

now all we need is prison school season 2 and index III. jc staff pls make it happen.

also rokka no yuusha volume 2 adaptation

...Your list is soooo much bigger than mine. I'm here just being excited for Shingeki no Kyojin II and the SAO movie (and possibly SAO 3). I also support Index III and RnY 2, but it seems we'll be waiting a while for those. :/

If you know more about that (@Gore), ok, just wanted to add something :D

And @Flux, do you only want to watch those few?^^

I'll probably end up watching more than that, but as of right now, those are the only viable picks for me. I've heard of some of the other anime like Durarara, Magi, Steins;Gate, etc, but I've never watched the earlier seasons, so I can't really pick up there. I might look into Dimension W and Mob Psycho 100 though. One Punch Man has been really good so far, and Darker than Black is one of my all-time favorite anime. But I'll probably just wait and see what looks interesting as it comes out. Between this year's spring and fall seasons combined, I only watched 4 different shows.

Almost all of them are definitely worth watching (prequels included) B)

Maybe start with a laugh at assassination classroom or durarara^^

Wanna see a time travel anime? Stein's Gate is your pick.

In for some blood, action and monsters? Take shingeki no kyojin (attack on titan).

There is a broad variation from which you can pick :-)

so far 2016 is looking pretty amazing, might be one of the best years we've had in a while. not sure if there's any confirmed date for this yet, but if it does air in 2016, then it'll be joining

- persona 5

Please, P5's release date as of now is summer 2016. No way the anime adaptation is coming out the same year, unless you mean the video game.

Please, P5's release date as of now is summer 2016. No way the anime adaptation is coming out the same year, unless you mean the video game.

on mal and hummingbird it is listed to air sometime during 2016. i just assumed it was right and put it there so that people wouldn't get angry for not mentioning it, no need to get so pissed about it lol.

• Support Squad

Jesus christ Atlus must have some faith in P5 to have an anime slated already. Don't get me wrong, Atlus is one of the few companies I actually trust to pull through with some good quality in everything they put out, but so soon? Even after pulling the game back to presumably fix things? Idk man.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a reboot or straight continuation like fairy tale was?

From what I read, it sounds like a reboot. New voices and all that. I also don't think there is an official ending to D-Gray Man for them to continue with, iirc.