Anything Anime

Kai

the character dynamics were absolutely great and goldof/chamo got a little more development, considering they were pretty bland on the first season.

Sweet. Those are my first and third favorite characters, respectively. Chamot make even take second at some point. I'm not really sure how she compares to Adlet for me yet.

the character dynamics were absolutely great and goldof/chamo got a little more development, considering they were pretty bland on the first season.

i wouldnt bother waiting for a second season if i were you, because at this point, im certain its not going to happen. the sales were just so bad that even garbage moe shorts like wakaba*girl sold more, smfh. nevertheless, the light novels are great.

And this make me very sad to hear... The anime hooked me on this series and shot it near the top of my "favorite anime" list, so I can only hope it gets a second season somehow. I'll give it some time, and if there's no word of a second season I'll start the LNs. I'd love to see more of Goldov's fighting style being animated though. It looked so cool, but we barely got to see it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Support Squad

Ok, I just finished Kill la Kill.

Thoughts, not typed elaborately due to a desire to not over think and thus contradict myself. Over hyped to shit. Good, certainly. Great? Compared to many things, yes. Fantastic? No. The whole thing about not letting fanservice take away from the writing? It did it, I didn't care about tits or ass through all of it. On the other hand I'd say it was the comedy that dragged it down. Certainly a show that could have benefited from Cerebus syndrome a la Gurren Lagann, especially in the last few episodes. I love you Mako but ffs that was NOT the time.

Speaking of, jesus christ but if they didn't have a few shared production staff I'd be shocked because KLK whiffed of GL till the very end, sans the well timed use of death that makes GL so much better imo.

Meanwhile, Soundtrack is the one part of the show that lived up to it's rep imo. Not Don't Lose Your Way, not Ragyos theme (Bluten something? idk). Easily my favourite part of the soundtrack was Sanageyamas theme, holy fuck was that tune was badass. Continuing on, the best characters were easily Sanageyama and Gamagoori. They both get the title of Best girl. Satsuki and Ryuko be damned. Gamagoori pulling through at the transmiter and Sanageyama taking off the kids gloves were easily my favourite parts of the show, yes I worded those carefully to avoid spoilers. Sadly the worst characters I have to say were Tsumugu and Aikuro (The teacher, I think.) By the end they were just so irrelevant, it was just sad. Especially the lackluster way they kept getting sat the fuck down. I'm genuinely sad they didn't get a moment just for themselves.

I'm just going to end all this with a precautionary IMO, cuz I feel like this is one of the more controversial shows you can see. Still, good watch, just not the best.

• Support Squad

one punch man is overrated

*runs away*

I actually have to disagree. Like, the only way you can't enjoy this is if the humour doesn't tickle the funny bone. In every other respect I can think of, it's a bloody miracle. Animation, character design, even the story that is starting to build up now, soundtrack. All of it, so good.

The humor isn't good. At first it was cool and I was enjoying it, but at this point they're just repeating the same old shitty joke of Saitama being a hero for fun, underrated and crazy overpowered every single episode. Every now and then, there is some relatively good comedy, such as when the ninja dude got hit in the balls, but even those are connected in some way with the show's pretentious way of being a "different" take on the classic super heroes genre. Every single time they're going to throw a joke at me I already know what's going to happen. Man, how do you even expect someone to laugh at the same joke for a full anime cour lol.

That said, the show doesn't know how to become a proper parody. All it is doing is relying on the same shitty joke it came up with, rather than developing it or exploring the super heroes genre. Looking at other parodies, let's say Shimoneta (which parodies the entire genre of dystopian societies), the show starts with a stupid premise and exaggerated ecchi humor, which is pretty funny at the beginning due to being so different, and, as the show proceeds, said humor and stupidity only go crazier and crazier, making it surprising and highly enjoyable. I will admit that at certain points the sex jokes got so old only a 7th grader would laugh at them, but overall, the show still managed to have some variety in the humor and a little character development to make up for the lack of an actual story. Furthermore, certain details, such as the usage of censorship that contradicts the entire point the anime is trying to make only further remind you of how the show is stupid and ridiculous, acknowledges it and proceeds to make fun of itself.

Now if you take a look at other (actual good) comedies, rather than just parodies, such as Nichibros, you can tell the show's humor at least has some sort of variety. Despite having a repetitive structure, it still manages to have unique gags every episode, which can often have me laughing for 5 minutes straight, depending on how good/unique the humor is. I know One Punch Man and Nichibros are different types of comedy (i.e. one aims to parody of a certain genre, while the other is an episodic comedy that is immensely relate-able and often makes fun of itself as a show), but the latter is still clearly superior because it does not commit One Punch Man's error which is lacking in variety.

I will admit that production-wise the show is great. Not the best I've seen, but nonetheless pretty good, which is expected considering it's Madhouse. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know how good the show gets after this, but if it's the same as it is currently, then it really is nothing special. At the end of the day, the entire show's story boils down to super serious heroes/villains who contrast with Saitama's "hero for fun who doesn't care about what standard heroes care about, yet overpowered" character and their respective predictable af character interactions. The serious heroes/villains get surprised upon finding out Saitama's true power. Everyone, except for Genos, looks down on Saitama. He makes stupid and silly faces, which is all that I currently find funny about the show (and a few original comedic moments every now and then). Genos will eventually develop to think the way Saitama does. Saitama's development so far is practically non existent, and all he does is beat anything in his path, shocking everyone near him. Not the audience though. I doubt someone would actually be stupid enough to be surprised at Saitama beating an opponent after watching half a cour of this show. Unless Accelerator somehow teleported to the One Punch Man universe, nope.

Finally, this show is currently rated 8.8+ on most networks and fucking 9.6 on imdb. It has a higher rating than certain TV classics which are incomparably better than it. I'm not saying the show is terrible by any means, because even I can enjoy it to some extent and appreciate the good things about it. But it is nowhere near as good as you're making it out to be. That said, One Punch Man is just a new Attack on Titan/Sword Art Online, but more like the former: just over-hyped, not bad. And it is not anime of the year or of the season for me. Iron-Blooded Orphans is better imo, and if you wanna look at the entire year, I can name at least 10 shows that did better than One Punch Man.

Edited by Gore

i wanna start gintama so bad but every time i try, i just think 200+ episodes and go bleh. ive already seen the first two episodes and found them pretty enjoyable, and from what i've heard, it's only supposed to get "good" at 50+.

Trust me. The humor in Gintama is much more varied and diverse than the stale humor in Gintama, in my opinion. But that's not the only asset Gintama has. A lot of the arcs in Gintama are amazing. For a show revolving around comedy, Gintama can be pretty serious at times. And while it is a lengthy anime that's still ongoing, it's one of those animes that are one of a kind.

Edited by Skullgasher

• Support Squad

The humor isn't good. At first it was cool and I was enjoying it, but at this point they're just repeating the same old shitty joke of Saitama being a hero for fun, underrated and crazy overpowered every single episode. Every now and then, there is some relatively good comedy, such as when the ninja dude got hit in the balls, but even those are connected in some way with the show's pretentious way of being a "different" take on the classic super heroes genre. Every single time they're going to throw a joke at me I already know what's going to happen. Man, how do you even expect someone to laugh at the same joke for a full anime cour lol.

That said, the show doesn't know how to become a proper parody. All it is doing is relying on the same shitty joke it came up with, rather than developing it or exploring the super heroes genre. Looking at other parodies, let's say Shimoneta (which parodies the entire genre of dystopian societies), the show starts with a stupid premise and exaggerated ecchi humor, which is pretty funny at the beginning due to being so different, and, as the show proceeds, said humor and stupidity only go crazier and crazier, making it surprising and highly enjoyable. I will admit that at certain points the sex jokes got so old only a 7th grader would laugh at them, but overall, the show still managed to have some variety in the humor and a little character development to make up for the lack of an actual story. Furthermore, certain details, such as the usage of censorship that contradicts the entire point the anime is trying to make only further remind you of how the show is stupid and ridiculous, acknowledges it and proceeds to make fun of itself.

Now if you take a look at other (actual good) comedies, rather than just parodies, such as Nichibros, you can tell the show's humor at least has some sort of variety. Despite having a repetitive structure, it still manages to have unique gags every episode, which can often have me laughing for 5 minutes straight, depending on how good/unique the humor is. I know One Punch Man and Nichibros are different types of comedy (i.e. one aims to parody of a certain genre, while the other is an episodic comedy that is immensely relate-able and often makes fun of itself as a show), but the latter is still clearly superior because it does not commit One Punch Man's error which is lacking in variety.

I will admit that production-wise the show is great. Not the best I've seen, but nonetheless pretty good, which is expected considering it's Madhouse. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know how good the show gets after this, but if it's the same as it is currently, then it really is nothing special. At the end of the day, the entire show's story boils down to super serious heroes/villains who contrast with Saitama's "hero for fun who doesn't care about what standard heroes care about, yet overpowered" character and their respective predictable af character interactions. The serious heroes/villains get surprised upon finding out Saitama's true power. Everyone, except for Genos, looks down on Saitama. He makes stupid and silly faces, which is all that I currently find funny about the show (and a few original comedic moments every now and then). Genos will eventually develop to think the way Saitama does. Saitama's development so far is practically non existent, and all he does is beat anything in his path, shocking everyone near him. Not the audience though. I doubt someone would actually be stupid enough to be surprised at Saitama beating an opponent after watching half a cour of this show. Unless Accelerator somehow teleported to the One Punch Man universe, nope.

Finally, this show is currently rated 8.8+ on most networks and fucking 9.6 on imdb. It has a higher rating than certain TV classics which are incomparably better than it. I'm not saying the show is terrible by any means, because even I can enjoy it to some extent and appreciate the good things about it. But it is nowhere near as good as you're making it out to be. That said, One Punch Man is just a new Attack on Titan/Sword Art Online, but more like the former: just over-hyped, not bad. And it is not anime of the year or of the season for me. Iron-Blooded Orphans is better imo, and if you wanna look at the entire year, I can name at least 10 shows that did better than One Punch Man.

*cough*

Did I not say in my last post

Like, the only way you can't enjoy this is if the humour doesn't tickle the funny bone.

All I got from your text wall was "It's not funny" and "It can't parody". I don't actually know what you expect, it's a comedy/action show not a drama, why does Saitama have to develop or change? Or any of the other characters? You complain about joke variety but already you can see that issue being resolved by bringing in more and more and more characters and heroes. I think you're comparing it to things it can't be compared to and that's unfair on the show itself.

I think you're just too picky about random things...

All I got from your text wall was "It's not funny" and "It can't parody". I don't actually know what you expect, it's a comedy/action show not a drama, why does Saitama have to develop or change? Or any of the other characters?

I'm not complaining about it not being dramatic. For a show to be good and enjoyable it has to be well written and even comedies can be well written without being serious in any way. Writing has nothing to do with a show being dramatic or super serious, if that's how you think about it.

You complain about joke variety but already you can see that issue being resolved by bringing in more and more and more characters and heroes. I think you're comparing it to things it can't be compared to and that's unfair on the show itself.

Care to explain exactly how do the new characters introduce any variety in the comedy?

- Ninja guy: punched in the balls and rekt by Saitama. I bet they will make him Saitama's main punching bag who gets destroyed whenever on screen, despite always being so cocky. No variety here.

- Tornado green haired chick: she has gotten almost no screen time so far and I'm already expecting some sort of tsun/thugdere personality towards Saitama, to contrast with all the other heroes who look down on him. Or the author could be even more stupid once again, and have her look down on him and praise Genos, like everyone else does.

- Old-ish guy who was having a chat with Genos before Saitama showed up to save the day: so far his character is not original since I have seen this role being played many times before, but that doesn't mean much right now. He is probably the only character so far that's interesting enough. I have many different expectations from him, so I won't develop on this one too much.

- Every other villain/hero: Irrelevant, as they all act the same way, meaning there's even less variety in the "comedy" here, if you can even call that shit comedy at this point.

If by variety you meant the heroes/villains all have original/distinguishable character designs, super powers and whatnot, then that's just standard shounen traits. It doesn't contribute to the comedy in any way and you'll come across it on almost any shounen, no matter how good or bad it is.

Like, the only way you can't enjoy this is if the humour doesn't tickle the funny bone.

You almost make it seem like this isn't a hard thing, but it's more the opposite. It's like saying "the only way you can't enjoy ecchi is if you're not into fanservice". How can you actually find such a badly written comedy funny? It is no different from standard ecchi/harem/comedy or action/comedy/shounen shows, structurally. The only thing special or unique about it is the different take on super heroes, everything else is the same: repetitive and shitty, because the author can't come up with good jokes other than the initial one.

Imagine super hero parodies were actually an entire genre much like ecchi/harems, as if there were at least three per season that sold relatively well, regardless of the writing. Now think about the most common tropes and how those shows would try to handle the diversity in the genre, the comedy and whatnot. You know what a "good" comedy would be like? Something that can surprise the viewer with an even funnier moment every single episode, rather than relying on the same shit for an entire cour. And a good parody of super heroes would do much more than what One Punch Man does, but that's besides the point.

If you're going to say something like "but super hero parodies aren't a common thing like ecchi/harems which makes one punch man original and thus good", this rule doesn't apply to just ecchi/harems. Take a look at other original twists to genres that are now turning into genres themselves, like cute things/moe with psychological/horror. Higurashi and Madoka, which were some of the first ones doing this are good regardless of the time they air at, even if the latter relied too much on shitty shock factor to be enjoyable. That is, except if Madoka aired after something like YuYuYu, as it would be seen as a rip-off when the real rip-off is the latter.

But those situations aside, a show would still be good because of how well written it was, rather than how original it was. So even if things like Gakkougurashi or Selector aired in past ages they would still be garbage, as the writing wouldn't change. These two examples only rely on the shock factor and contrast between two different genres to be good, failing pretty much everywhere else. On the other hand, things like Higurashi manage to explore their world and the twist to the genre well, making good use of the shock factor and not failing in the writing. Good writing equals to enjoyment. Whenever I'm not enjoying a genre I'm into, that means there is likely something wrong with the writing. In the case of One Punch Man, originality does not equal to variety in the comedy, because, as you can see, the comedy is the same throughout the entire show and it is still an original anime.

In the end, it just relies too much on the comedy to be good. And the comedy isn't good, so no surprise the outcome isn't good. There are many shows that have comedy mixed into them that isn't necessarily great. In fact, the average anime with comedic relief, such as Noragami or No Game No Life, has almost the same quality in the comedy as One Punch Man, despite being pretty different. But now imagine you took almost every other story element from those two shows and were only left with that comedy. You think that shit would be funny or enjoyable? Even if it was a parody or if it was original? Fuck no. If you want a show that relies entirely on comedy to be enjoyable you have to do the comedy right. Even episodic comedies with no actual story like Nichibros and Plastic Nee-san do it right. One Punch Man does not, for the reasons I have already stated.

• Support Squad

I don't know why you're getting so worked up, you're agreeing with me that you don't find it funny and thus don't think it's good. You're also continuing to make bad comparisons. Noragami and No Game No Life also include Romance and Drama in their genre mix. They're in their own genres and further they use comedy in a different way, as a relief and not a focus. OPM is literally meant to be purely comedy and action. This doesn't change throughout the manga. Story is not and has never been made out to be any kind of focus, just a tool to establish some sort of continuity to introduce more and more consistently appearing characters that an episodic nature would hinder more than help. You're talking like you expect every character to be as complicated as a 12 year olds Sonic OC name.

As for the character cast, not OPMs fault you pride originality over everything else. Yes there are going to be archetypes like the smug psychic woman or the "sensei" Bang. That's a common feature of parodies, you can't complain about it being a bad parody and then whine about how it's using a staple trope of parodies.

And for the love of god stop talking about how "well written" something can be as a reason to bash on it, that's another very subjective thing, you can't assume we know what passes as well written for you.

I don't know why you're getting so worked up, you're agreeing with me that you don't find it funny and thus don't think it's good. You're also continuing to make bad comparisons. Noragami and No Game No Life also include Romance and Drama in their genre mix. They're in their own genres and further they use comedy in a different way, as a relief and not a focus. OPM is literally meant to be purely comedy and action. This doesn't change throughout the manga. Story is not and has never been made out to be any kind of focus, just a tool to establish some sort of continuity to introduce more and more consistently appearing characters that an episodic nature would hinder more than help. You're talking like you expect every character to be as complicated as a 12 year olds Sonic OC name.

That's exactly the point I made and why I said it's overrated. The show is average because it uses the comedy as a focus and has nothing else to offer. Even if the comedy is original and different, it's just so repetitive and poorly executed that I find it impossible to laugh at the same thing for a full anime cour. The shows I used to compare have average, if not below average comedy as well, and because they don't focus on it and have other significant traits, they provide more enjoyment.

As for the character cast, not OPMs fault you pride originality over everything else. Yes there are going to be archetypes like the smug psychic woman or the "sensei" Bang. That's a common feature of parodies, you can't complain about it being a bad parody and then whine about how it's using a staple trope of parodies.

What I said has nothing to do with whether the character cast is good, bad or original. In fact, I mentioned how most of the times originality is irrelevant and has little effect on how good a show is.

Take a look at other original twists to genres that are now turning into genres themselves, like cute things/moe with psychological/horror. Higurashi and Madoka, which were some of the first ones doing this are good regardless of the time they air at, even if the latter relied too much on shitty shock factor to be enjoyable. A show would still be good because of how well written it was, rather than how original it was. So even if things like Gakkougurashi or Selector aired in past ages they would still be garbage, as the writing wouldn't change. These two examples only rely on the shock factor and the contrast between two different genres to be good, failing pretty much everywhere else. On the other hand, things like Higurashi manage to explore their world and the twist to the genre well, making good use of the shock factor and not failing in the writing. Good writing equals to enjoyment. Whenever I'm not enjoying a genre I'm into, that means there is likely something wrong with the writing. In the case of One Punch Man, originality does not equal to variety in the comedy, because, as you can see, the comedy is the same throughout the entire show and it is still an original anime.

I was trying to understand exactly how those characters introduce any good comedy at all, as you said they do, when the comedy is still the same in terms of structure. And again, by good comedy I mean this.

You know what a "good" comedy would be like? Something that can surprise the viewer with an even funnier moment every single episode, rather than relying on the same shit for an entire cour.

Also, please stop complaining about my comparisons just because the genres are different. When using the moe/horror one, I am in no way linking One Punch Man to the actual shows, but merely trying to exemplify how originality can be a good or a bad thing, or even have no effect at all on the outcome. According to your logic, it would be almost impossible to compare any anime at all, especially One Punch Man since there isn't anything similar to it out there. And if you can't compare One Punch Man, you can't label it as best anime of _____ . When I make comparisons, I connect the similarities between the shows and how one does good and the other doesn't, and the first thing you do before even looking into them is bitch about the differences when they have nothing to do with what I was saying.

And going back to my initial statement.

Disprove this. Explain why you think a show which people call "best anime of the season" or "of the year" or "ever", while shitting on pretty much everything else currently airing or that aired recently isn't overrated. You're not allowed to answer with "because it's worth the hype", in which case I can just mention 3 shows this season that are worth as much if not more hype. You're also not allowed to say "because the humor is good", as that is nothing but an opinion. To me, the humor is average structurally and relies entirely on being "different". Calling that sort of humor good would be like calling comedy anime shorts and shitty sitcoms like the big bang theory god-like.

Edited by Gore

Gore, on 18 Nov 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:snapback.png

Disprove this. Explain why you think a show which people call "best anime of the season" or "of the year" or "ever", while shitting on pretty much everything else currently airing or that aired recently isn't overrated. You're not allowed to answer with "because it's worth the hype", in which case I can just mention 3 shows this season that are worth as much if not more hype. You're also not allowed to say "because the humor is good", as that is nothing but an opinion. To me, the humor is average structurally and relies entirely on being "different". Calling that sort of humor good would be like calling comedy anime shorts and shitty sitcoms like the big bang theory god-like.

I'll let you two dish this out, but I can't help but point out the flaw in your argument structure here. You're asking him to disprove an opinion (Which first of all is pointless to try to do), but then you go on to say that he can't say the humor is good because that's "nothing but an opinion." You can't ask somebody to prove or disprove an opinion and then forbid them from using opinions to do it. Almost every point that can be brought up for either side for this topic is opinionated. It's an inductive argument. You can't prove either side; all you can do is strengthen your support, for which you need to be able to use opinions. Of course, those opinions need support of their own to be proven strong or weak, otherwise you get into the "It's good because I think it is" or "It's bad because I say so" arguments.

-Flux out

• Support Squad

OPM quite literally cannot be over rated. There is no limit to how high a rating should be for any one show, nor how low. Only a boundary to make the scale reasonable. Logically disproved, check.

OPM is not over-rated because you are rating it on standards it does not try to meet. Story, character development and originality (which is irrelevant seeing as a parody isn't original, they are all derived fro another work or genre).

OPM is not over-rated because you are not taking into account the hyperbolic nature of such statements like "Best of the season/year/ever". Even respectable media outlets that make a living rating these shows use this hyperbolic language to try and sell their audience on the show. Thus, your basis for the statement is shoddy.

I disproved your statement not once, not twice, but three times with sound, logical arguments. Not an opinion.

OPM quite literally cannot be over rated. There is no limit to how high a rating should be for any one show, nor how low. Only a boundary to make the scale reasonable. Logically disproved, check.

And you call the current ratings reasonable? Man, according to that logic, I could even make the shittiest most overrated shows seem good, no matter how "bad" they actually were.

OPM is not over-rated because you are rating it on standards it does not try to meet. Story, character development and originality (which is irrelevant seeing as a parody isn't original, they are all derived fro another work or genre).

I dropped the character development/story arguments long ago, given that was your main complaint. I am rating it based on the comedy, which is repetitive and poorly executed, despite people praising it to be godlike. And a parody is original exactly because it's a different take on a classic genre. It pokes fun at the over-used tropes on said genre rather than having a serious story. That makes it original if you compare it side by side with other shows of that same genre. Otherwise, say, Shimoneta wouldn't be original when comparing it to Ergo Proxy, Psycho-Pass or Shinsekai Yori, which is clearly false lol.

OPM is not over-rated because you are not taking into account the hyperbolic nature of such statements like "Best of the season/year/ever". Even respectable media outlets that make a living rating these shows use this hyperbolic language to try and sell their audience on the show. Thus, your basis for the statement is shoddy.

The show being overrated has nothing to do with how the media uses/sees the terms. It is based on what the fans say. Whether the statement is hyperbolic or not is subjective. For a fanboy with little experience, saying "best of ___" wouldn't even be an overstatement, it would just be the truth to them.

And when you consider said statements to be of "hyperbolic nature" you're only further proving my point, which is that the show isn't as good as it's being made out to be. It isn't even close to living up to the hype the media/fans set.

• Support Squad

1: Whether the current ratings are reasonable isn't relevant. It is logically impossible for something to be over-rated. It's pretty simple. Don't whine about being unable to refute this point.

2: Whether you dropped them as arguments or not, you still judged it on those grounds, thus they are the standards you are using. I also discounted your judgement on comedy because we've already been over this to death. You don't find it funny, I get it. There's also the fact that your biggest complaint so far about the comedy was the originality, so that was included in my point. Further, Shimoneta really is unoriginal as a show, so using that as an example is not applicable.

3: I was referring to both fans and official information outlets that actually put ratings on shows, not how they use or see any terms at all, I actually don't know what you're talking about there. You can't simply dismiss them, especially after referencing outlets like Imdb yourself. You also haven't even defined exactly how it's being over rated, you're just busting out random phrases which no sane person actually evaluating the show would consider.

I actually don't get why you're so insistent on bashing this show. You were so hyped about it before but now that everyone likes it you seem to have taken a completely different stance on it.

I was hyped about it and was enjoying it on the first two/three episodes. The comedy was good and I liked what the show was doing. Me liking or disliking it has nothing to do with other people's opinions on it, if that's how you see it. The comedy just turned to shit, because it got so repetitive and boring. And there's little in the show that makes up for that decrease in quality.

1: You are assuming a show has no limits to how good in can be rated as, because you're not setting that limit. I am basing the fact that it is overrated on networks where the users rate it from 1 to 10 on how "good" the show is to them. Afterwards, you proceed to compare the average rating it gets with other shows' average ratings. When a show is overrated/underrated it means it has an abnormal rating comparing to other shows' ratings, often due to a large increase in popularity. Said increase in popularity results in an overly subjective fanbase most of the times, especially if the first few episodes are engaging and have high production value. Attack on Titan is overrated. Sword Art Online is overrated. One Punch Man is overrated. The term doesn't necessarily imply they are bad, but just not as good as they seem to be, before being watched. If you're going to keep insisting on that shitty logic to try to prove nothing can be "overrated" then drop it, 'cause it's just irrelevant on this specific argument and is leading to nowhere.

2: No, those aren't the standards I am using, though it seems you want me to use them. You yourself said I couldn't use those standards to judge a show like One Punch Man, which I agreed with and decided to express how the show failed in meeting the standards it set: being stupid-funny and entertaining. So now you're forcing me to use those standards again just to prove your point? Man, that's just pure arrogance lol.

"Not finding it funny/finding it funny" are both highly subjective. Up until now I have explained how the comedy isn't well done objectively, because simply spouting "i like it" or "i don't like it" results in nothing. I explained why I don't like it and how I would've found it funny if it had been executed properly, whilst you chose to ignore anything objective about it and instead went with your personal opinion. Also, pls re-read my post. I said Shimoneta is original when comparing it to the shows it parodies. Even if exaggerated, the ecchi humor isn't always different, though that's besides the point. A parody is always original when comparing it to the shows it attempts to parody. A well done parody, that is.

3: I'm not dismissing them, after all it is due to them that the show is overrated.

When you say those type of statements are hyperbolic you're taking away all of their importance. Acknowledging the statements as hyperbolic means that they are far from reality and are not actually true. Really, I don't know how to put this in better words so that you can understand me, so I'll just use an example:

Person A: "OPM is the best anime ever"

Person B: "That is an hyperbolic statement"

Meaning OPM is far from the best anime ever. Aren't you just confirming that the show is overrated in the end?

I started watching The Seven Deadly Sins anime. :D Opinions?

man, this shit is one of my favorite things to have come out in the most recent years. such a good shounen with an engaging story. even the ecchi humor is relatively different from what you're used to. it only gets better and better as you go through it, especially during the second half. and there's also going to be a new season in 2016, in case you end up liking this one.

Edited by Gore

@ Honchy

Forreal, this is really good. I enjoyed the anime very much and considered it be one of the best from this year imo. Definitely recommend reading the manga if you enjoy this, especially with the latest chapters are amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Support Squad

If you're a romantic and are looking for a new thing to watch, watch Golden time if you haven't already. I can't promise an over-abundance of feels or quality but It's still worth your time.

I've been re-watching Gundam 00 recently. I forgot how good this series was. For all the criticism that the first half of season 1 is slow, I never would have gotten as emotionally attached to the characters as much as I did to the point when I was crying at the season 1 finale if they never did the first half of it the way they did.