Anything Anime

Kai

Man... if only I actually had a way to paly those games and actually get hype... I don't so.... watching an anime about it would be weird for me imo XD>

Can't you use Desmume or another DS rom emulator to play it? You can just get the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the first 3 games if you have a 3DS.

Anyway I love the concept of the ace attorney anime, I'm hyped.

I re-watched an anime recently that I haven't watched for a long time and I noticed a lot of things I didn't notice the last 2 times..

it's sort of like when you watch a movie as a kid but then when you watch it again when you're older, you notice a lot of hidden meanings and whatnot.

Prime example, it's Toradora, since the last time I watched it, my friend told me Taiga is supposed to have Bipolar disorder and you can actually kinda see it 0_0

Another example is when you re-watch it and you've met someone since the last time who has the same name as one of the characters..

I love Toradora, that anime occupied me well last weekend when I finished all my stuff. Taiga and Ryu's interaction was comical to me at times. I also liked Ryu's mum as well (not in a sexual way). The ending was cute to Toradora in my opinion. Might start watching Maid-sama over the weekend as I've heard that anyone who likes Toradora will love Maid-sama.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you use Desmume or another DS rom emulator to play it? You can just get the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the first 3 games if you have a 3DS.

I try to emulate as little as possible personally. ANd no... I do not have a 3DS lol.

It's AMAAAAAZING, and I'm sure you'll love it. I'm still hyped for season 2, even though it's been so long.

I kinda will probably just skip AoT and probably never watch it. It's been so hyped to this point I highly doubt I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is and just be let down entirely. Like... the hype for that was so high I have no desire to really even try since I know it won't live up to it. Least not for me. So... I'll just avoid that anime personally lol.

I kinda will probably just skip AoT and probably never watch it. It's been so hyped to this point I highly doubt I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is and just be let down entirely. Like... the hype for that was so high I have no desire to really even try since I know it won't live up to it. Least not for me. So... I'll just avoid that anime personally lol.

Still better than all the SAO stuff. The only thing I really saw from AoT was the opening though you have to at least see that before deciding to pass on the anime (I still need to watch that one, but it's not on my priorities).

Right now though, I'm actually watching Full Metal Panic. It hilarious and I'm really enjoying it.

. The only thing I really saw from AoT was the opening though you have to at least see that before deciding to pass on the anime (I still need to watch that one, but it's not on my priorities).

I highly doubt an opening is going to change my mind lol, no matter how good it is.

Well, that's understandable. Personally, I'd probably watch it anyway whether it's hyped or not, but then again, I'm a huge fan of SAO too, despite the criticisms it gets. I started AoT just before it exploded with popularity, so I didn't have any hype for it to live up to, which my be why it was so great for me. (It was also one of the first anime that I ever watched entirely, so that probably helps its case as well.)

for those interested, a sword art online movie and a new accel world anime were announced.

http://myanimelist.net/news/42481711

and on other sad news, there's still not going to be an index III in a good time :[[[

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2015-10-04/dengeki-bunko-editor-no-season-3-yet-for-a-certain-magical-index/.93770

An SAO original? I'm getting excited...

As for Index, they at least seem to recognize how badly Index III is wanted, so that's a good sign. It'll come soon enough.

AYYYYYYYYY

Accel world was one of the first thing I watched and I honestly prefer it to it's sibling series SAO. New series is dope

To bad it isnt a season 2 and just the same thing with more characters and a bit of difference in story to S1, from the things I read so far.

Watching the first episode of One punch man.

And GODDAMN IT WAS SUCH ACTION AND BADASS.

Loved it every second.

Just so you know... me and my little bro watched that the other day... and we sat there in silence for 10 minutes straight then burst out into insane laughter cause we didn't know what the hell we just watched.... XD

• 2 weeks later...

So I've -almost- finished Log Horizon season 2 (I need to get around to watching those last three episodes), and I've started watching DanMachi/Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka/Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?/Dungeon Boobs/Whatever you want to call it. Honestly, even for first impressions, I recognize it as not a very deep or complex anime, yet I still find it super enjoyable for whatever reason. The main three characters (Bell, Hestia, and Aiz) All have very good designs appearance-wise in my opinion. It instantly established them in my mind, and they've definitely become my favorites in the show. At the same time though, they all have pretty straightforward personalities. You can expect them to do certain things at any situation (Except for Aiz sometimes. She seems kind of random, which I like.), and while that can be called bland characterization, they all fulfill their roles fairly well. I get the impression that the show is supposed to be pretty straightforward in general in terms of characterization.

The worst thing for me is the abundant fanservice. While it's to be expected based on the title and it admittedly can be enjoyable in its own ways, I honestly think the show could have been much better if they had focused more on the plot, world, and characters, and less on the boobs and one-sided romance. It also suffers from "Main character harem" syndrome, which works in some cases, but I don't necessarily think this is one of them. (Plus I've watched way too many anime right in a row that do the same thing.) It's sad to me, because I like the world it's set in, and I like the majority of the characters and think they're designed very well, but I know that I can't really expect much more from the series than what it's already given up front. All in all, I do have to say that it's given me a very positive opinion though. I realize that it has its flaws, but at the same time, it's entertaining enough that I've been binge-watching over the weekend whenever I had time. It draws some obvious parallels to SAO in my mind, and unfortunately most of those parallels are to SAO's downfalls, rather than its good points. I still love SAO despite its faults though, and this anime seems like it's likely going to remain memorable for me as well.

On another note, I'm going to start watching Rokka no Yuusha at some point. After taking a look at it, I realize that Dobby's most likely seen it based on his sig, but if any one else has any opinions on that or anything else I've mentioned, I'd love to hear them.

On another note, I'm going to start watching Rokka no Yuusha at some point. After taking a look at it, I realize that Dobby's most likely seen it based on his sig, but if any one else has any opinions on that or anything else I've mentioned, I'd love to hear them.

WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT.

No, seriously, watch RnY. It's good.

When you do watch it, pay attention to every detail so you can possibly solve the little mystery that the series gives on your own before the final episode. :P

WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT.

No, seriously, watch RnY. It's good.

When you do watch it, pay attention to every detail so you can possibly solve the little mystery that the series gives on your own before the final episode. :P

I'll second this, however I'll add a caveat. It won't be as much a problem since you'll know about it beforehand but still it's worth a warning. I know quite a few who dropped this anime because it starts out very action heavy and seems more like an Adventure type one at first. However a bit in it turns into more of a Mystery and it slows down a bit and gets more cerebral and becomes more about figuring out what's happening etc...

Personally, I loved this and was hooked on it. However, others it was a turn off which is understandable. Knwoing nothing about the series going in some ended up being disappointed in it. I can;t really blame them too much. However, I'm pretty sure you;ll like it especially knowing what you're in for rather than going in totally blind. There's also more to the story in the Light Novels if you so choose to read those. ((which I've yet to do since... Overlord is amazing and I started those first XD> I'm still in love with Overlord XD.))

I'll second this, however I'll add a caveat. It won't be as much a problem since you'll know about it beforehand but still it's worth a warning. I know quite a few who dropped this anime because it starts out very action heavy and seems more like an Adventure type one at first. However a bit in it turns into more of a Mystery and it slows down a bit and gets more cerebral and becomes more about figuring out what's happening etc...

Personally, I loved this and was hooked on it. However, others it was a turn off which is understandable. Knwoing nothing about the series going in some ended up being disappointed in it. I can;t really blame them too much. However, I'm pretty sure you;ll like it especially knowing what you're in for rather than going in totally blind. There's also more to the story in the Light Novels if you so choose to read those. ((which I've yet to do since... Overlord is amazing and I started those first XD> I'm still in love with Overlord XD.))

I still need to finish the last of the SAO LNs (Except Alicization because I don't want to get ahead of the anime) before I worry about reading other LNs, but if I enjoy it enough I'll definitely give them a shot. Sounds to me like the series must be pretty good, so I'll make sure to give it a watch when I finish up all my current stuff. Switching towards mystery probably won't be a problem for me. I'm not in desperate need of action.

Sorry for the double post, but I feel like posting this and it's relevant so whatever.

I just got to reading this part of an interview with Reki Kawahara about the new SAO movie and I have to restrain my self from slamming my head into the wall repeatedly.

What kind of story have you planned?
Kawahara: We have decided to endeavour an original plot for this one as well, thankfully. As for the content, the pivotal aspect of 『Sword Art Online』- that this is a story with Kirito and Asuna at its centre - will be the same as always. Of course, highlights for the other characters will be prepared as well, thus I believe that the fans of the respective characters will have something to look forward to. This story is going to take place before the latest novel in chronological order. Because even I am not sure what the situation of the series’s world will be after the ≪Alicization≫ arc…… (laughs). There was also an idea to once again reboot the Aincrad arc from the first floor, but we were concerned whether that was what the audience wanted to see. As a result, it was decided to continue the story after the ≪Mother's Rosario≫ arc.

There was also an idea to once again reboot the Aincrad arc from the first floor, but we were concerned whether that was what the audience wanted to see.

reboot the Aincrad arc from the first floor

You just missed your greatest chance, Kawahara. This is most definitely what I'd like to see. More Aincrad? YES PLEASE. Then again, there's no guarantee that a reboot would have meant new content, so maybe it wouldn't be that great.

Either way, I'm still super hyped for the movie. Original SAO content coming 2016, and its likely that season 3 of the anime will be released the same year.

Sorry for the now TRIPLE post, but I've been told by mods that if it's relevant there's no problem so here we go. Plus, it's been two days.

So as soon as I started Rokka no Yuusha, I pretty much got hooked and binged the whole season over the last two days. I'm just about to start the last episode, so I figured I might as well share my thoughts on the series's mystery before I learn the answer. Obviously, there will be spoilers, so don't read this if you don't want to see them.

When the mystery of who activated the barrier was first introduced back in Episode 4 or whatever one it was, my first hypothesis was that Nashetania was the seventh. They had ruled out that nobody could have entered the temple before Adlet at that point, so I figured that someone might have put the sword in the dais without entering. For me, Nashetaia was the only one who might be able to do that, being the Saint of Blades. I wasn't sure if she could move other blades like she does with the one she creates, so it wasn't guaranteed, but it didn't seem outside the realm of possibilities to me. But the problem that presented was the incantation required. She would have needed to have a hand on the pedestal and say the words, which she would have no way of doing from the outside. Still, that was my first guess with the most support. But we later we find out that that isn't the method for activating the barrier at all, which kind of throws that theory out the window.

So then towards the later episodes, we get Adlet's theory that there is an eighth as well, which turns out to be the correct theory. (As far as I know before watching the last episode.) The eighth is the Saint of the Sun, who set up the fog, and the seventh proceeded to activate the real barrier sometime after Adlet's entry, but before Adlet and Hans searched the forest and found out that the barrier was indeed active. The only one we know for sure did not activate the barrier (At least not on purpose) is Adlet, as he's the only one we saw get their Crest legitimately. I've excluded both Hans and Flamie/Fremy as potential candidates, as Adlet trusts them and it's his theory that is correct (Presumably). Plus, Hans had the chance to kill Adlet and didn't, which I think was pretty convincing, and all of the events and backstory dealing with Flamie (This is how my subtitles spell it, so that's what I'm going to use even though the wiki says otherwise) make me pretty confident that she isn't the one either. This leaves Maura, Chamot, Nashetania, and Goldov as potential candidates.

From here, one of my thoughts was that the seventh had to be someone who knew Riura in order to have her kidnapped, but from what I can tell it's likely that they all knew who Riura was, so that didn't help much. Goldov searched for her, Nashetania knew of her, Maura obviously knew her, and Chamot had probably heard about her through Maura. But the scene where they find Riura's body did help me narrow things down. Because of that scene, I've eliminated Maura from the list of candidates (Even though she still pisses me off.) They all relied on Maura to confirm the body, which she did. Presumably, Maura's the only one who knew what Riura looked like, so she could have lied if she was the seventh just to prove Adlet wrong. If she had said it was a different person, blame could be turned to Adlet once more. The fact that she tells the truth removes suspicion from her in my mind. (This isn't completely guaranteed though. It's based on the assumption that Maura is the only one that knew what Riura looked like, which may not be the case. If Goldov was searching for her at one point, he probably would have known what she looked like. Plus the priestess robes Riura wore combined with her age were a pretty dead giveaway anyway.) But the fact that she concedes that Adlet probably isn't the seventh pretty much seals the deal for me.

As for Chamot, I also find her to be without much suspicion. Sure, she's a wicked kid, but she also appears to be on Adlet and Hans's side during Episode 11, which I found convincing. Plus, if we are to believe her answer to Adlet's earlier question about whether she knew how the barrier activated, then there's no way it could have been her. In addition, there's very little evidence to support Chamot being the seventh.

This leaves Nashetania and Goldov. I find that Goldov also has very little suspicious activity, and his loyalty to Nashetania is genuine. I just can't imagine him being the seventh due to the lack of convincing information that would prove him to be. I think we're supposed to be able to reason this out, and there really is almost no evidence to support Goldov being the seventh. (Plus he's my favorite character, so I hope he isn't.) All in all, I don't have much information to prove Goldov one way or the other besides the intent of the writing, but you're innocent until proven guilty, right?

So my final and best hypothesis is Nashetania. She was my first guess and my last, so I guess I'll find out if my original hunch was correct in some way. Other than the fact that she is the last one on my list after narrowing down, I do think she has the most convincing evidence to support Adlet's theory. If the barrier had to be activated between when Adlet opened the temple and when Adlet and Hans searched the forest, the only times for the barrier to be activated would be 1: When Adlet, Flamie, Nashetania, and Goldov are trying to deactivate the barrier, or 2: When all seven have gathered and are explaining their backstories. I didn't notice anything suspicious regarding the dais happening when all seven were gathered, which means it had to be when the first four tried to deactivate the barrier. The most suspicious thing here was Nashetania flailing the sword around and breaking the tablet. I have a feeling that that might be what caused the barrier to activate. The only other thing of note during that time was Adlet cutting his hand, which I don't think would serve to activate the barrier. Perhaps it could do it accidentally, but I believe we're supposed to be able to deduce the seventh, and for these reasons Nashetania is my best guest.

So now I'm off to find out. I have to say, I LOVE the way this series is presented. The mystery is exciting, the character designs are generally pretty good, the Mayan influence is strong (Which I like), and the tense atmosphere is perfect. I'm definitely excited to see how it ends.

EDIT:

I finished it.

Well, my guess was right for most of the right reasons, so that makes me happy, though it was technically a combination of accidents caused by Adlet/Goldov and then the purposeful breaking of the tablet by Nashetania. All in all, that series was amazing. Definitely worth watching.

The only thing that bothered me in the last episode was the end. As they all line up after Nashetania escapes, I thought to myself, "Yeah, this is a group of six I can really get behind. There's something I like about every one of them. Nashetania was my least favorite of the seven anyway, and now Goldov will have a chance to expand his character without her around."

...And then cow lady appears. So now I have to hope that she's the new seventh, even though I get the feeling there's pretty much no chance of that. Which means one of the other six is. Which makes me very sad. Because they've been the coolest six all along. Arrrrghdaojepnpoewndwfedse. Dammit cow lady. You ruined my perfect ending.

Now I can't really make a full judgment without learning more about her first, but basing things purely on what I've seen now, I despise her. She's already clinging to Adlet

(Poor Fremy. [i've already switched my stance on names... It bugs me not to use the official one]) and her design is awful in my opinion. Why a cow?!

Anyway, despite my minor gripes about the end, the series was indeed very good. I love when a series makes me go through that whole reasoning process to solve a mystery. Very rarely am I actually inclined to make my own hypothesis in such detail, but I definitely wanted to give it a go for this one. I'm already anxious for a second season.

-Updated my previous post with thoughts on the ending of RnY.

RnY

I started reading the LNs and immediately all my speculation during the series was proved right. I just accused certain characters for very wrong reasons.

Do the LNs (Not counting the ones further than the anime) have much extra info about things in them? This would be one of the few series with a world and characters that I find interesting enough to consider delving deeper and finding more information about. I don't like to read ahead, as I feel like the anime won't be as good that way, but I do like to read the parts covered in the anime after I watch it if they go into more detail about things.

• Support Squad

No more than the standard advantages books have over traditional media. More insight into character emotions, the occasional PoV from the seventh etc. Thing is, the translation is meh so if you read it you have to pardon a lot of meh grammar and metaphors that just didn't carry over well.

the only problem i (might) have with the rny lns is that if they drag on for too long with the "who's the seventh" thing it might get boring. when i started the anime, i thought we would discover the seventh in no time. when i noticed how long the process of figuring it out was i got hyped and was pretty happy, but now, after finishing volume two we only have solid proof of two characters not being the seventh.

adlet: for obvious reasons, as we directly saw him become one of the braves.

mora: because when tgurneu directly told her "you are the seventh", the pact made with the saint of words made it so the core of the kyoma he was manipulating was destroyed. if that had been the truth, he wouldnt need to hide the fact that the manipulated kyoma died because, well, it wouldnt have died lol.

furthermore, tgurneu knows who the seventh is, as shown at the end of the second volume. it could be anyone besides those two: fremy, hans, chamo, rolonia or goldof.

really gotta wonder if this riddle is going to be fun at all times or if the author will rely on a couple of ass-pulls every now and then just to keep this up for like 10 volumes. a good example of an ass-pull that would make me flip all the motherfucking tables would be

nashetanya actually being a potential brave and having to figure out two sevenths instead of one.

anyway, so far it's doing good and it seems consistent enough. ive only read the prologue for volume three and im already curious on how

the reunion between nashetanya and the braves is going to turn out. and also dozzu.

sucks that ive been too busy to even start chapter one :[

also, i dont know if ive said it yet, but i highly recommend checking out volume two, for anyone who's watched the anime. the final mystery at the end was more or less the same as season one of the anime (i.e. how they presented the clues and how complex the process of figuring it out was). there wasnt as much science, other than a couple of tools adlet used, which were made by atro spiker. the main thing that makes volume two so much better than the first one is that we got a major focus on the "seventh" and their motives, as dobby mentioned. the character dynamics were absolutely great and goldof/chamo got a little more development, considering they were pretty bland on the first season.

i wouldnt bother waiting for a second season if i were you, because at this point, im certain its not going to happen. the sales were just so bad that even garbage moe shorts like wakaba*girl sold more, smfh. nevertheless, the light novels are great.

Edited by Gore