Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, Zero is a prequel, so that first. Then UBW and, if you really want F/SN. Just be prepared for a quality drop with F/SN

I think I'll watch them in production order. Otherwise if I watch F/Z first then F/SN then I really can't handle the quality drop.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT : Change of mind. I decided to watch F/Z. After I am done with it, should I watched UBW or SN? They are alternate routes, right?

Edited by BlackMage

I still have not read Heavy Object or Zashiki Warashi…

or Blood Sign for that matter but that is not fully translated yet.

I should get to reading the Kamachi LNs I have yet to read...

• Support Squad

This thread, Summer/Fall Anime Season 2015 (will change with each new season), and Anime/Manga Recommendations are the ones that I think should be pinned.

This

• Administrators

I was going to ask the same thing a couple days ago but decided maybe not, thinking that having the general topic pinned and all the attention brought to it might take away from the reason (or justification) behind making an individual topic for a given series. Since Jericho got that ball rolling when I initially decided against it, I'll go ahead and see what you guys think this time.

Additionally, would anyone be willing to take care of making the new seasonal topic each... well, season? The way I see it, we'll rotate pinned topics like Jericho does for in-season sports in the Radio Tower, except it'd be a new topic each time.

• Support Squad

I was going to ask the same thing a couple days ago but decided maybe not, thinking that having the general topic pinned and all the attention brought to it might take away from the reason (or justification) behind making an individual topic for a given series. Since Jericho got that ball rolling when I initially decided against it, I'll go ahead and see what you guys think this time.

Additionally, would anyone be willing to take care of making the new seasonal topic each... well, season? The way I see it, we'll rotate pinned topics like Jericho does for in-season sports in the Radio Tower, except it'd be a new topic each time.

I mean, I can start the seasonal anime topics. I made the first one and it's no trouble to keep doing the rest.

• Administrators

So it is written, so it shall be done. Remember Dobby- with great seasonal power comes great seasonal responsibility.

Although, I'm going to avoid pinning this one since we recommended that everyone tries to use other topics now that there's an entire subforum for what used to be this topic's purpose. If you guys disagree I can still do it, but, as of right now I don't think I want to.

• Support Squad

Has anyone else noticed that the MC from Charlotte is basically Lelouch?

Oh absolutely. Oddly enough though he's the first Lelouch wannabe I've actually come across personally so I'm fine.

I can already see the plotwist where his sister isnt dead and was actually kidnapped, by the "scientists". Also I have the strong feeling Overlord is going to have an more then open end and will never see a second season.

Edit: Also Chaos Dragon wtf pls, way to many twists like srsl I have no idea, what is actually going on in that series.

Edited by Helios2

I'm thinking of watching Log Horizon. Has anyone here seen it? If so is it any good? I've heard it's along the lines of SAO, and some people say it's even better. Though personally I'm all like, "Pssh, no way. SAO is my jam."

• Support Squad

I'm thinking of watching Log Horizon. Has anyone here seen it? If so is it any good? I've heard it's along the lines of SAO, and some people say it's even better. Though personally I'm all like, "Pssh, no way. SAO is my jam."

It's SAO but with a focus on the world, not the characters. I saw the first season, was pretty dope but nothing to yell about. If it wasn't coming along just after SAO I imagine it would have blown up more. Second season was pretty well received iirc

In my opinion, it's better. Log Horizon is what you would normally want out of a VRMMO anime. Focuses on the group as a whole as well as a nice and diverse character cast, interesting and well-done boss raids, in-game politics, and more. I would say give it a look.

I personally prefer it over SAO for a lot of the same reasons Illusion killer mentioned in that it has a diverse cast and has a large focus on the world. Plus I like the main character in and it doesn't have very much focus on a main romance, as someone who is not a big fan of heterosexual romances it's a big bonus for me personally.

Can only recommend it aswell, but you shouldnt expect much action from it, it completly lives of its story and character development, what especially the guys that compare it to SAO find boring and slow paced.

Finished Fate/Zero :D. It was a great anime and I really liked the animations and the characters.

My thoughts on the ending :

First of all, I didn't like seeing Kariya die :(...he endured so much for Sakura and in the end, she didn't care for him (admittedly she was brainwashed) but he did die having a good dream. Also, what happened with Saber? After she destroyed the Grail, she died and visualized a scene from her human life? I am glad Kiritsugu learned a lot from this incident and that he adopted Shirou and Waver's character development :D.

Tbh, I can't understand why people like Gilgamesh. He just seems like a selfish person wanting personal entertainment...AND WHY WON'T KIREI DIE! I know that he became a zombie in the end and I hated him, but I started hating him even more when he gave Rin the same dagger with which he murdered her father! Does Kirei die in the sequels? I hope he does!

Edited by BlackMage

Finished Fate/Zero :D. It was a great anime and I really liked the animations and the characters.

My thoughts on the ending :

First of all, I didn't like seeing Kariya die :(...he endured so much for Sakura and in the end, she didn't care for him (admittedly she was brainwashed) but he did die having a good dream. Also, what happened with Saber? After she destroyed the Grail, she died and visualized a scene from her human life? I am glad Kiritsugu learned a lot from this incident and that he adopted Shirou and Waver's character development :D.

Tbh, I can't understand why people like Gilgamesh. He just seems like a selfish person wanting personal entertainment...AND WHY WON'T KIREI DIE! I know that he became a zombie in the end and I hated him, but I started hating him even more when he gave Rin the same dagger with which he murdered her father! Does Kirei die in the sequels? I hope he does!

^Pretty much my exact thoughts right there. I literally agree with all of that.

As for Log Horizon, I'm definitely going to give it a watch. Combat isn't as important to me if the world is interesting enough. And despite how bad most people say SAO's romance was executed, I still liked it. There isn't much I don't like about the series, despite its criticism.