Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

2 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

True, also is Nexus going to be worse at puzzles than Shofu considering how long it took him to do the puzzle?

Shelly's gym will actually make him question reality

• Haha 1

Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

True, also is Nexus going to be worse at puzzles than Shofu considering how long it took him to do the puzzle?

That made me realize that shelly's puzzle is coming up, they're gonna hate it so much

Like you would have thought he would have guessed to walk behind the pipes considering with the slums path being more subtle with the fence. If they pass through Shelly, Shade and Aya then they're good until Charlotte time.

Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

Like you would have thought he would have guessed to walk behind the pipes considering with the slums path being more subtle with the fence. If they pass through Shelly, Shade and Aya then they're good until Charlotte time.

knowing nexus he will probably look up shelly's puzzle after 3 minutes since he already spoiled himself on the pulse muk

1 minute ago, LeoYT said:

knowing nexus he will probably look up shelly's puzzle after 3 minutes since he already spoiled himself on the pulse muk

that was Twit

Just now, LeoYT said:

Probably. I think they're truly starting to find their feet within Reborn and they're doing better now that the fields are being used more by them. 

Also I think Twit was halfway between a normal woman voice and Mercury's voice as he did the moan thing at the end of one of the things for Ame's voice. 

13 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Shelly's gym will actually make him question reality

That puzzle definitely made me question reality. I basically had done everything I needed to do to get through the GYM like 5 times, but for some reason I never got the idea to go up stairs until I looked up a guide. I kept thinking leaving the room reset the puzzle.

3 minutes ago, Damashi The Kaotic said:

That puzzle definitely made me question reality. I basically had done everything I needed to do to get through the GYM like 5 times, but for some reason I never got the idea to go up stairs until I looked up a guide. I kept thinking leaving the room reset the puzzle.

you're not alone

Just now, J-Awesome_One said:

Haha. HAHA. HAHAHAHAHA! You think Shelly's Gym will make Nexus question reality? What about Radomus' Gym Puzzle? Or Luna's?

I was about to say I don't get why anyone would struggle with Luna's puzzle but then remembered that he tends to forget to talk to things twice so yeah.

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Haha. HAHA. HAHAHAHAHA! You think Shelly's Gym will make Nexus question reality? What about Radomus' Gym Puzzle? Or Luna's?

Luna's puzzle is very straightforward and her gym battle is a joke

Radomus gym puzzle was only difficult because you couldn't move bishops freely causing you to mess up and the battle is super annoying when you can't even stop the trick room from happening

6 minutes ago, DemICE said:

both luna and radomus never posed any problem for me at all... be it battles or puzzles.    radomus puzzle is just simple chess lol

Nappy is always saying that they don't read you really think all 5 of them know how to play chess?

Jay can't even put a crystal piece on an Arceus

20 minutes ago, DemICE said:

both luna and radomus never posed any problem for me at all... be it battles or puzzles.    radomus puzzle is just simple chess lol

Idk simple chess. Everytime I get to him, and I swear on my gaming life on this, I ALWAYS look up a guide on how to do his puzzle. I could never memorize it. Haha.

I enjoyed this episode very much, the crew learned to respect the gyms and appreciate the moon pool available to them, almost made me feel better from balding watching Nexus do the puzzle.

....Such a shame they have to face Shelly just as they found their feet, the Rain/buzz/intimidation combo really is not manageable trying to 1cc it.

As a chess player I feel like Radomus' puzzle need better clarification, I really didn't understand what I had to do after reading the explanation multiple times.

Radomus Puzzle isn't that hard if you know how to play chess and use your head for quite a bit. Arceus puzzle on the other hand are irritating. One in the citae one, and one in the cult. The cult one isn't hard, but really time consuming.

Out of curiosity, how many of them haven't lost their nuzlockes? I know for sure Jay, Nexus, Twit and Mo would've lost by Julia, or earlier, if it was an actual nuzlocke. Is Nappy's nuzlocke still legit, or just the penta-op rules keeping them alive?

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Out of curiosity, how many of them haven't lost their nuzlockes? I know for sure Jay, Nexus, Twit and Mo would've lost by Julia, or earlier, if it was an actual nuzlocke. Is Nappy's nuzlocke still legit, or just the penta-op rules keeping them alive?

Nappy is carrying this Penta-op kinda like how Jay carried them through the latter half of Pokemon Uranium.

4 minutes ago, Jess said:

I think Nappy is the only one left.

However, Twit has only lost once.

Somehow

Nexus and Mo have only wiped a few times

And we all know about Jay

Just now, Damashi The Kaotic said:

Nappy is carrying this Penta-op kinda like how Jay carried them through the latter half of Pokemon Uranium.

Nappy seems to be the only one well-prepared who takes it seriously. He has a good team and seems to always have a plan, so far at least. And plays seriously. Unlike others... e.g. Mo, who lost his god damn Chikorita to Trubbish's Aftermath. 🤦‍♀️

41 minutes ago, Jess said:

Nappy seems to be the only one well-prepared who takes it seriously. He has a good team and seems to always have a plan, so far at least. And plays seriously. Unlike others... e.g. Mo, who lost his god damn Chikorita to Trubbish's Aftermath. 🤦‍♀️

I'm hoping that if Nappy does happen to lose that they continue to play it through but just normally. It'll still be difficult and filled with rage but it'd be cool to see the teams they would pick.

What would be nice at the end of the penta-op is something in the style of the great gen debate. They could do 2 topics: Gym leaders and Story Arcs. They would rank the gym leaders from best to worst (discussing the gym battles and the leaders' interaction within the story). This is just an idea off the top of my head so not as fleshed out as it could be.

• Upvote 4

I'm curious over if they'll manage to get the Yureyu and possibly diverge the paths of their respective stories. What path do you guys think they'll take at each part of the story, even if it's a while away/possibly a pipe dream? Also...

7 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I'm hoping that if Nappy does happen to lose that they continue to play it through but just normally. It'll still be difficult and filled with rage but it'd be cool to see the teams they would pick.

Can't help but agree with this, but I'm pretty sure they all have to lose at the same time. Regardless, a normal playthrough would be a much more enjoyable experience than watching them stress out over losing or sacing a mon and getting irked at a bunch of things... also wouldn't hurt if they read more, but w/e. If anything, a general criticism that I have with them doing this nuzlocke is the learning curve. I'm just speculating, but I feel that doing a nuzlocke caused them to stagnate on picking up some strats and learning, more so blind... ish. While I do believe they can weave some strats together, it's rather that it is very limited due to them losing pokemon left and right. Even though some persist, one day that poke will be a fleeting dream, which brings me to another point.

They don't seem to "appreciate" the mons as much. I mean, I do believe they consider each mon they get valuable, but in the sense that it keeps the nuzlocke running a bit longer. They're either saying this mon is good, shit, etc.... but mostly shit from what I recall and basing it off the tiers they're in. I think they might be... sort of... moving past this, but I'm rather unsure. Regardless, if they weren't doing a nuzlocke, they could keep certain pokemon in their party, train them, and put them into a situation in which said mon shines, whether on accident or purpose, which would probably make them respect the mon... maybe.

Despite these changes, I think I'll forever be a bit salty they didn't get the Growlithe before fighting Taka and ZEL.

3 minutes ago, Savo said:

I'm curious over if they'll manage to get the Yureyu and possibly diverge the paths of their respective stories. What path do you guys think they'll take at each part of the story, even if it's a while away/possibly a pipe dream? Also...

Can't help but agree with this, but I'm pretty sure they all have to lose at the same time. Regardless, a normal playthrough would be a much more enjoyable experience than watching them stress out over losing or sacing a mon and getting irked at a bunch of things... also wouldn't hurt if they read more, but w/e. If anything, a general criticism that I have with them doing this nuzlocke is the learning curve. I'm just speculating, but I feel that doing a nuzlocke caused them to stagnate on picking up some strats and learning, more so blind... ish. While I do believe they can weave some strats together, it's rather that it is very limited due to them losing pokemon left and right. Even though some persist, one day that poke will be a fleeting dream, which brings me to another point.

They don't seem to "appreciate" the mons as much. I mean, I do believe they consider each mon they get valuable, but in the sense that it keeps the nuzlocke running a bit longer. They're either saying this mon is good, shit, etc.... but mostly shit from what I recall and basing it off the tiers they're in. I think they might be... sort of... moving past this, but I'm rather unsure. Regardless, if they weren't doing a nuzlocke, they could keep certain pokemon in their party, train them, and put them into a situation in which said mon shines, whether on accident or purpose, which would probably make them respect the mon... maybe.

Despite these changes, I think I'll forever be a bit salty they didn't get the Growlithe before fighting Taka and ZEL.

that tier list stuff is 90% Nexus, if not 99%. Jay will make what he has work usually. NAPPY tries to see the power in what he has (Luminion is one of his powerhouses right now), Mo will just do what he can and Twit... is Twit