Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

What I hope ninty does is make Lucina an alt for Marth, Chrom an ult for Ike, and Robin as the 3rd playable character. It would make perfect sense.

Marth is a speedy character, Ike is a heavy hitter, and Robin is a Mage. So they fit the archtype tree of speed, power, and range.

As for competitive play, Ike got more spotlight in Project:M than he did in brawl. And don't get me started on Roy... I do not, DO NOT! Want to see Roy make a return

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know for Ike, I wouldn't have minded his FE:A design, as it was one of the few redesigns I actually liked (Besides Ephiram and Celica...which is why I like Rouges and Redeemers) or his Vanguard class at the end of Radiant Dawn. Oh well, I'll take beefy Ike anytime.

And as for gameplay, PLEASE make him good, Nintendo. If fans of the series could make him good but not, well, completely broken, then you guys can too. And I personally wouldn't mind Chrom, Lucina, Robin, or hell even Validar to make an appearance or even playable.

• Administrators

On that note- I have no idea who Celica is in-universe tbh but I saw her Awakening art and from that alone she's one of my favorites

What I hope ninty does is make Lucina an alt for Marth, Chrom an ult for Ike, and Robin as the 3rd playable character. It would make perfect sense.

Marth is a speedy character, Ike is a heavy hitter, and Robin is a Mage. So they fit the archtype tree of speed, power, and range.

As for competitive play, Ike got more spotlight in Project:M than he did in brawl. And don't get me started on Roy... I do not, DO NOT! Want to see Roy make a return

As much as I liked Roy I agree; his time passed (and his respective game wasn't even localised) so there's really no reason for him to come back.
As for the first two points honestly even that would be okay with me, I guess. It just confuses me that they haven't represented Awakening at all when it's probably the best FE game yet, and instead re-confirm a character that had nothing to write home about competitively... I guess I should withhold that sort of comment until we see what sort of... pacing, I suppose is a good term, the game has overall. If everything is made faster like Melee (or at least relative to Brawl) and he's kept slow as he was, he's going to get absolutely demolished.

Ike was mid to upper mid tier for most of the game's lifespan.

The brawl community is always crazy indecisive regarding tiers.

The common issue with Ike is that he sucks at approaches so projectile users tend to give him trouble.

As well as super cautious defensive types. Ike eats Rushdown and heavyweights for breakfast.

Unfortionately, Rushdown is my main gameplan QQ

Why can't Samus be good?

I mained Roy and Mewtwo in Melee I know the argument you're going to present and personal preference should probably be seperate from arguments about effectiveness. He's not terrible but his best matchup was 65% in his favor against Ganondorf, with barely 30-40% against higher tier characters. He was super slow and it was a terrible representation of how good he was in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

If he was as good here as he was in the Tellius series then everybody else in the game would be dying to a couple of aethers :I

If he was as good here as he was in the Tellius series then everybody else in the game would be dying to a couple of aethers :I

If he was as good as he was in the Tellius series he'd be more OP than Meta Knight

#2fast4me

The fact that he was lighter than Marth in Brawl didn't make too much sense imo. Hopefully that isn't the case this time.

On that note- I have no idea who Celica is in-universe tbh but I saw her Awakening art and from that alone she's one of my favorites

One of the two main characters of Fire Emblem Gaiden (which goes way back to NES). I would explain the story of FE2 but it's too complicated.

I personally hate her Awakening art because it looks pretty nothing like her from the original game.

My personal faves though were Katarina (<3 FE12), Seliph and Catria

EDIT:

I also like Katarina for the same reason I mentioned above, sorry >>

<<

Katarina is my favorite non-main character in the series. Story's a little easier on this one.

She's recruited as a member of the Altean Knights at the beginning of the game (as is the avatar/main character and a few others, but eventually she confesses to the avatar that she's a spy sent to kill Marth, but she can't bring herself to do it.

She's part of a group of assassins trained from birth to be cold-hearted killers by Gharnef Eremiya, and tries to involve herself in offing Marth numerous times, but out of respect for the avatar decides not to. She and the avatar fight in a sidequest about 2/3 into the game, but if the avatar talks to her three times, she'll stop attacking and be recruited.

IIRC she's the Avatar's only possible love interest (assuming avatar is male).

• Administrators

I also like Katarina for the same reason I mentioned above, sorry >>
<<

Anyway, because this is Melee 2 Smash 4 and not Fire Emblem I have a general concern- the fact that it's on two different platforms (Wii U and 3DS) is a bit troubling to me because, despite the fact that hey I can get it on the 3DS and not buy a Wii U, obviously there's going to be differences between them; considering Nintendo is seemingly appealing to the competitive community with some of the things they've shown off, will the 3DS version be too much less competitive than the Wii U version? And I forget, was there anything said about connectivity between the two? Honestly I'm more interested in Bravely Default and Persona Q at the moment, but that would probably influence the decision

Any competitive features that would be on the WiiU would most likely be on the 3DS as well, I would like to believe. Especially after cross-platform multiplayer being hinted at a bit ago (don't ask me for the quote).

Oh, and get Bravely Default anyway, it's a fantastic game.

Man I haven't played Awakening in a LONG time.@_@ Need to get back into it eventually. lol. & I still haven't beaten Bravely Default yet.-.-

Anyway for Smash, I've just been thinking here, & I'm not sure if its been discussed yet, but I at least want to say every character revealed for Smash will be playable from the get-go aside from Megaman & Sonic & maybe Luigi. Back during Brawl's time before release, every character that was revealed for it aside from Snake & Sonic, were playable by default, so I'm just wondering if Smash 4 will be the same, most characters revealed already will be playable from the start. Thats just been on my mind for a long time.

Anyway for Smash, I've just been thinking here, & I'm not sure if its been discussed yet, but I at least want to say every character revealed for Smash will be playable from the get-go aside from Megaman & Sonic & maybe Luigi. Back during Brawl's time before release, every character that was revealed for it aside from Snake & Sonic, were playable by default, so I'm just wondering if Smash 4 will be the same, most characters revealed already will be playable from the start. Thats just been on my mind for a long time.

Most likely. Same company publishing the game, and with how well Brawl was received they might as well do the same thing they had going on before.

That and if such weren't the case, they'd piss a lot of people off.

I'm really hoping/expecting that they do character reveals like brawl, and don't reveal any hidden characters before the game's release; otherwise, I'd feel like they're ruining any possible surprise that Smash 4 has to offer. And honestly, I really wouldn't be surprised if everyone revealed thus far--Save MM and Sonic--were starter characters.

Ike, Diddy Kong, Shiek, Toon Link, Luigi, Yoshi, Charzard, Lucario, Peach, and King Dedede won't be playable in the demo.

And I doubt we will see the remaining 10-20 remaining characters at gamer Christmas.

I think we will see only a handful of veterans and 2-3 newcomers at most. I am expecting to see Metaknight and Ice Climbers at e3. That way the devs can show us how they are changing them up to be less OP

In both brawl and melee, nana and popo could take any character at 0%. And kill them by touching them once. One hit and they just beat the fuck out of you.

I'll look up some footage for you if you like.

release date for 3DS was October, 8th!

All aboard the HYPE-Train! :D

@ Abbey Street:

actually 4 new Characters!

you forgot about the 3 Mii-characters - Brawler, Swordsman and Gunner

Each of them with a customizable Moves from a pool of 12! (3 Characters with 36 Moves!!)

Is your Body ready?

Regis Fils-Aime's sure is ;)