[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 2 - Crossing

Notus

Satomi rather quickly realized that it would be rather foolish to attempt to get away - so she may as well try to do damage. She lunged with the progressive knife, apparently going for a vertical slice from the head down - but it was a feint, and when Asuka dodged the lunge would quickly become a tackle as she tried to bring the red Eva to the ground. 

Kyou's response was rather lacking, mostly consisting of another squawk of pain over their comms channel. She knew it was VR, and even without that the Eva getting hurt, but having someone straddle you with a knife wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing, let alone having that person kick you across the ground. Eva Unit 19 simply curled up and minimized the amount of area it was taking up; whether it was a deliberate move to make it easier to dodge or simply a reflexive response to being struck painfully again was up to interpretation.

The first part of Satomi's plan went smoothly, but her heavily armored EVA wasn't a match in speed for Asuka's 02; as she went for the tackle, the red Evangelion stepped aside, letting Unit 17 get past it and going for a knife strike to the back of it's neck.

After a few awkward moments of directionlessly rolling on the floor, Ahmed picked himself up from the hard floor, he decided that it was indeed time to strike once more as he cautiously approached the red EVA with his progressive knife in hand as he threw a large chunk of miscellaneous train parts at Asuka to distract and annoy her once more.

Satomi mentally swore as the red Evangelion dodged the tackle - she was in a poor position, stumbling as she was, and rather than let the strike towards her neck follow through she attempted to twist and put her own knife in the way to parry the blow. 

Seeing the now fly Eva of Kyou's flying at her Beverly did the first thing she could think of which is to dive out of the way of the Eva. Luckily for her Kyou had the sense of mind to have her Eva curl up so it was easier to get out of the way. So if Beverly manages to get out of the way of Kyou's Eva and look up to see Satomi in trouble she would do the only thing that she could think of at that time and Charge Asuka attempting to actually tackle Unit 2 to the ground well she was busy paying attention to Satomi's Eva.

Although Satomi did avoid a strike to her back, that didn't help very much - her EVA was off balance and she obviously had much less practice than Asuka with knife fights - so Unit 02 effortlesly grabbed 17's wrist to stop her attempt at parrying.

And then sunk her own knife deep into the opposing EVA's head from under it's chin. 

Sorry about that, but I don't have the time to play nice. Asuka knew full well that must have hurt but, since they were beginners with lower sync rates than her, it wouldn't be enough to shock or traumatize Satomi. Probably.

She didn't have the time to apologize verbaly though, as she had train parts and a charging Beverly incoming.

Asuka extended one arm and deployed her AT field against the train parts that Ahmed threw at her, and those bounced harmlessly in the barrier and fell to the ground. 

She fainted being distracted by this as she waited for Beverly to get close, holding Unit 17 between them by it's Umbilical Cord - only to disconect the cord and step out of the way as she approached, like a giant sized toreador.

Beverly's Eva barreled into Satomi's sending them tumbling along the ground. Well normally Beverly wouldn't mind rolling around with Satomi but this was in giant robots so the fun of it was gone. After they stopped rolling on the ground Beverly spoke through the coms "Hey Princess you okay?" While waiting for response Beverly stood up her Eva and readied the knife watching Asuka and the others. She didn't have much time so she had to at least try and make it count. She was starting to get how these Eva's moved a bit and had a plan but she needed a opening so she waited for one. 

Satomi did try her best, but the red Evangelion was simply too fast - she attempted to struggle out of it's grip, and had made some progress when the knife slipped into the Eva's head. On the one hand, at least it wasn't the entry plug. On the other hand, she was now screaming because of the terrible pain of having a knife thrust into your head. Unit 17 stopped struggling as her synch rate dropped like a rock - and thankfully the pain dulled and eventually stopped as it did. Satomi was left breathing heavily in the inert Eva, unable to collect herself enough to even activate what cameras there would be remaining after being stabbed in the head, let alone move the giant mech. It was around this point she heard Beverly and attempted a response. "I-I'm... I'm fine..." Satomi stammered. She did not sound fine. "I can't r-reconnect though... looks like I'm out for now..."

Well, that was unfortunate. What was the point of this exercise again? It was like playing a video game with a bunch of people who'd never even touched it before (actually, that's almost what it was,) you just roll over them entirely and they don't learn anything. It was frustrating, to say the least. She picked herself up off the ground, trying to do so as quietly as it was possible to do in a massive robot. . . thing. She tried to move into position behind Asuka, and waited for her to open up an attack on Beverly before commencing the most elaborate and advanced of combat maneuvers: the backstab. 

Ahmed decided that his initial plan of 'throw shit at Asuka to distract her while somebody else stabs her' was good, but that it was missing exactly one key component; namely that there was really no one in position to exploit that gap, which is why this time he picked up several cars and repeatedly threw them at Asuka to distract her while Beverly and Kyou did the actual fighting, and he tried his best to circle everyone else and approach whatever remained of Satomi's EVA.

Finally, they are taking this more carefully. Asuka thought to herself as she took note of everyone's positions (except for Ranga, who was probably behind a building or getting some distance between them). Luckily, right now she could use some time off herself.

As Ahmed's cars kept bouncing off her still active AT field her countdown timer reached two minutes. Beverly should be close to shutting down, and Ahmed too, but she still had Kyou and Ranga to deal with - so she used the space the other pilots gave her to connect Satomi's former Umbilical Cord to her own EVA. The timer froze.

Ahmed threw one final barrage of cars at Asuka to distract her from his advance as he took several long strides forward before he leapt forward to claim Satomi's knife for his own and charged back towards Asuka with both of his progressive knives in hand as he yelled out "Stop being so reactive Sir Kay! Your mother's winning!," directly to the girl's comms.

If he made it to this point he would focus primarily on fighting defensively and parrying or dodging Asuka's blows in an attempt to distract her for long enough to allow someone to land an actual blow on her.

Beverly glared at Ahmed in a normal situation she would have probably hit him but decided against it there were more pressing matters at hand. "Please, My mom was a lot prettier, and stop calling me Sir I'm not a guy. " SHe said though the coms as she started to move "You take one side and I'll take the other." she continued as she moved to the side of Asuka that Ahmed wasn't on. While she was moving she looked at the knife in her Eva's hand. "Why the Hell am I using this. I don't know the first things about fighting with a knife."  She thought to herself as she looked at the timer for her Eva. Only one minute to go. "Screw it, I don't have much time left. Let's try something I do know." She thought as she smiled to herself. She then started to pick up speed as she moved towards Asuka. Once she was a few strides away from Asuka she threw the knife at Asuka then charged in trying to land a heavy punch on the face of Unit 02. 

Ranga circled around the buildings as the others fought Asuka straight on. Already she was missing a gun, and having thoughts about missing a gun... But with a knife all she could do was try and get closer, which was impossible, and, considering how everyone else was losing badly, what could she even do?

The way she positioned herself was on the opposite side of Asuka from where Kyou was readying her sucker punch. She positioned herself diagonally to EVA 02's back, several tens of meters away...but she was still scared. It felt like Asuka could jump at her any moment now even though she seemed mostly focused on handling Ahmed and Beverly. It sent shivers down the girl's spine. "..." She gulped down and slowly started creeping her way through the buildings over to Asuka's side while she was hopefully busy. She didn't know much of what to do after their plan had failed almost instantly, b-but she really couldn't think straight.

Ugh, that was reckless Asuka thought when she saw Beverly's knife leave her hand. Reckless but effective. I would have done something like that if I was in her place. 

The thing is, she wasn't. In a fraction of a second Asuka ducked under the knife's trajectory (hoping it would now be flying towards Ahmed) and stepped towards Beverly, under the line of her punch. Unit 02 grabbed Unit 16's wrist with one hand and a leg with the other, and used the momentum from the enemie's charge to lift the other Evangelion on her shoulders - a judo movement called kata guruma. On a swift continuation of this motion, she proceeded to hurl Beverly to the opposite side, where Ahmed was coming from.

Not only she was showing these fighting techniques, but it seemed like the reaction time, precision and overall the agility of Unit 02 were getting even better as the fight raged on - and that was why Asuka took a moment to look at her Sync Rate indicator and didn't see Ranga moving closer. Kyou was now on a blind spot of her EVA's cameras, but she did take note of her position before starting the throw.

Kyou decided that now would be the best time to strike, as Asuka was occupied with throwing her teammates about. She approached as quickly and quietly as she could (not that the latter was entirely feasible given she was in some sort of giant death machine) and tried to go for a hit on one of Unit 02's limbs, attempting to cripple its ability to defend itself. 

As Kyou drew closer, so did Ranga. Somehow, it seemed Asuka hadn't noticed her yet. G-good, then she wouldn't hurt her for now, but she'd still hurt the others... So the most the girl could do was fight as well.

Unit 20 threw itself forcefully at Unit 02 from the side opposite to where Kyou was coming from. It grabbed 02's legs, holding them tightly together which was sure to lose Asuka's balance, while holding the progressive knife tightly and slamming it into the power cable. Ranga would keep holding Asuka's legs together no matter what.

"Pfft show off," Beverly thought as Asuka moved and scooped her up but Beverly wasn't going to let her get away with that without an attempt at countering. Though Beverly may not have any fancy martial arts training like Beverly or maybe any of the other she did have at least some experience from getting into fights with people. So acting on instinct she reached out the free hand to the closest arm of Unit 02 attempting to grab on to it (if this was a normal fight Beverly would have gone for the hair but Eva units had a distinct lack of that)  and pull it down with the momentum that Unit 16 had from Asuka's throw.

Ahmed did what any reasonable person would do when faced with two projectiles being thrown at his direction, as in he almost immediately tried to jump to the side to dodge the knife before he would charge ahead once more as part of a desperate attempt to somehow jump over Sir Kay and bear hug Asuka's EVA.

Asuka pulled her Eva's elbow back violently when she felt Beverly trying to grab it, avoiding the other girl's grasp while being put just slightly out of balance. Nothing that would prevent her from spinning and hitting said elbow right in the face of Kyou's unit...

If it wasn't for Ranga appearing out of nowhere and grabbing her legs. 

Verdamnt. Asuka thought while Unit 02 was knocked to the ground. 

After that everything was a mess. Kyou's knife hit the air and her EVA ended up falling over Asuka's.

Ahmed managed to avoid the progressive knife, but Beverly's flying Unit 16 hit his EVA's feet and sent him face first against the mess of EVAs on the ground. The red head felt the impact through Kyou's and Ranga's Evas, which meant she had three behemots piled up over her.

Beverly groaned as she hit the ground. She was becoming a bit irate at Asuka being just a step ahead of her in this fight and using her as a crash test for the other Eva's. So she slowly stood up the pain of all the bumps she been in starting to finally effect her. Looking at the pile of Eva's she couldn't help but grin and laugh a bit to herself as she moved around the pile to where units 02 head would be "Stay ahold of her if you can." She said over the coms to the others as she picked up one of the knives that fell out of the grip of one of the others during the crash. '

Standing over Unit 02's head she looked down at the knife in her hand. "It's a simulation and not real and Asuka is really annoying me right now. But we can feel the pain and I'm mad at her but...." Beverly thought to herself as she stared at the knife "Satomi doesn't seem to bad off and Asuka acts like she can take more...." She continued to think as she raised the knife "Besides she the one who wanted up to fight like this... I think. " She finished thinking as she stabbed the knife at Unit 02's face going for one of the eyes.

Kyou cursed out loud at the results of her action; technically she was impeding the motion of Asuka's EVA now, but not nearly in the way she'd intended. . . Still, may as well try to make the best of the situation. Crash tried to focus on holding down whatever part of Unit 02 was convenient, perhaps with the occasional punch if she saw the opportunity. 

Ahmed and unit 18 decided to do the one reasonable thing he could perform in this situation, he threw away his progressive knives so that Asuka couldn't grab onto it, he opened Unit 18's maw to reveal the amount of sharp teeth the EVA had (read: Too many), and he bit down hard on any part of Unit 02's body he could reach while his hands tried its best to simultaneously hold her down and tear off her umbilical cord.

Ranga was wholeheartedly surprised that they managed to take EVA 02 to the ground. Her move played a very unexpectedly important role in taking the giant down but now they were all dogpiled together. Ranga still held to EVA 02's legs with all her might and wouldn't let go even as she felt sore all over from the weight of the other EVAs on her own.

"I-I'm holding-"