[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 2 - Crossing

Notus

On 10/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, rustytengo said:

"Also just let me know when you start watching mine I will put on something cuter for ya."

Asuka answered Beverly's remark with a sharp stare, but kept bowing until Kyou answered.

18 hours ago, King Murdoc said:

"It's alright, I shouldn't have acted the way I did afterward. . .So, uh, what were you going to show us?"

"It was only the natural reaction, don't worry about it." Asuka said, standing up straight again. "As for what I want to show... it's better if you just see it yourselves. It's nothing important though, so it's your call if you want to come or not." 

She started walking towards the door, only stopping when Ahmed made his comment. 

"Yeah, sure. You are all growing fast and we are humanity's last hope so, if you like it, I guess you could call us heroes in that sense. But not for a moment think that being 'the heroes' makes us invincible. We may fail and die any time, so just focus on doing your best not to let that happen... and enjoy everything that comes your way. You never know when it may all end."

That last part of the speech left the atmosphere a bit heavier than Asuka intended, so she just signaled for them to follow and exited the room.

She walked upstairs and then opened a door that led to the outside of the transport, the wind blowing strong and making her hair wave behind her while she walked into the empty service balcony. The sun was rising, a different glow than the one they were used to on Earth - brighter, younger - and the few clouds were painted in a light orange tone by it. The sillouete of the Noah was still visible in the distance, like a small mountain looming over the forest where it landed. She checked her comm for the time and nodded to herself, looking at the ship once again.

A flash of light even brighter than the rising day suddenly appeared and a roar like thunder was heard. Smoke and dust rose and covered the ark for a moment, only for them to see the space ship rise above it moments later and start to accelerate towards the sky, leaving a trail of light and smoke and sound behind it. Asuka stared in silence as the colossal vehicle vanished in the distance, carrying the last of humanity with it - everyone they were supposed to protect.

"I thought you guys would like to see that." She said to whoever had followed.

Kyou stared up at the rocket, at the flash of light, feeling a mix of emotions. It was a majestic sight, and it was good to know that everyone was safe for the moment. . . but with it, the rocket took everything she knew. All of the nooks and crannies, secret shortcuts and greasy machinery, all of her life experience flying away into space and leaving her in an alien world with who knew how many monsters. And her family, or what remained of it. "It's. . . really something." Her expression was unreadable, the androgynous girl trying to sort out how exactly she felt. 

Her eyes shifted a bit as she gazed off into the distance; not back toward the group, but toward the horizon as the dust cleared. She still wasn't quite used to walking around in a place where there was no ceiling, no light panels or hanging support structures, but this sight. . . "I've never actually seen a sunrise before." Kyou felt a little odd admitting it, and she glanced down for a moment as she realized that she might well be the only one there experiencing it for the first time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Satomi was fairly quiet as she watched the ark rise, leaving them all on this alien and quite possibly hostile planet. But it was what they had to do, to protect all the people aboard.  "...Yeah. Thanks." she said. She adjusted her glasses, and watched it rise. As the smoke cleared, the sunrise became apparent. The sunrise here was different from those back home, but a sunrise it still was. She didn't say more, just watching for a bit. 

Ahmed made one final comment before he followed after the rest of group, clearing his throat a little before he said,"I know miss Asuka, I know, even the mightiest heroes in Arthurian myths still fell in the end, after all," with a slightly deadpan, matter of fact tone of voice. Ahmed remained silent the whole trip up to the balcony, and he waited with bated breath as he saw the ark start to rise up above the ground, only stopping to let out a slight sigh of relief when he saw the ark safely fly off into the distance just before he leaned in one of the balcony's railings, and turned to stare at the eyes of the rising sun.

"Tch" Beverly rolled her eyes at the sight. She wasn't one for such a romantic thought besides anyone who she would care to protect died hundred's of years long before she came here. So sights like this didn't do much to make her mood any better. 'Yeah yeah yeah, didn't think you had such a romantic view of things Miss Ace Pilot." Beverly turned to go back in "Well once there is something for me to actually do other than stand around and stare at the sky I'll be sleeping." She said as she moved back into the convoy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 11:15 PM, King Murdoc said:

"I've never actually seen a sunrise before." 

"Really? Well, I hope you liked it." Asuka answered simply, a shadow of a smile on her lips. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:17 AM, rustytengo said:

'Yeah yeah yeah, didn't think you had such a romantic view of things Miss Ace Pilot." Beverly turned to go back in "Well once there is something for me to actually do other than stand around and stare at the sky I'll be sleeping." She said as she moved back into the convoy. 

...Then the smile turned into the usual mocking grin. "Ah but of course there is something Bevs. Or did you think I'd let you guys off the hook with physical training?" she spun around and walked inside the ship again, patting on Beverly's shoulder when she passed her. "Come on everyone, let's find that dojo so I can teach you some moves."

The dojo was pretty small compared to what they had in the ship, but still had all the equipment - and mock weapons - they could need. Asuka showed were they had kimonos and protective gear and then asked the group to choose their weapons and pair up for practice. It was while that was going on that Alma appeared at the door with the usual cheerfull smile. "Hello everyone, great to see you're all hard at work! I just need a word with you real quick..."

She explained that they would also need to attend some medical and psychological check-ups daily - just an usual procedure - but that she would do that with one of them a day. 

"Ranga dear, what do you think if we start with you?"  The doctor asked.