Reborn Movie Nights

Amethyst

• Administrators
Reborn Movie Night: It's happening. #dealwithit. For the next few weeks we're gonna be doing a movie night, Sunday night, 10 PM-12 EST. This week's movie is going to be Miyazaki's Spirited Away -- Join us~ or ELSE

Just making an official announcement for everyone here, and some details

We're probably going to do this either via Synctube or a Livestream. Does anyone have a preference as to which?

We're gonna be doing this for all of November! Here's our show itinerary as it is (we're doing a Miyazaki theme for now, obviously)

11/4- Spirited Away

11/11- Howl's Moving Castle

11/18- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

11/25- Princess Mononoke

If this is a successful thing, we may keep doing this beyond November too, but for now this is all we're counting on. As far as potential future movies, I'm sure you all have approximately 398398985847289923853 suggestions between you, but let's keep those to ourselves juuuust for now. ^^;

I understand there's also some concern about people in other parts of the world/their timezones. If someone is up to running it, I'm totally fine with having two different showings, the other at a more appropriate hour for people who might be in EU/Australia (though I realise those two are kind of difficult to coordinate in themselves.)

If someone's interested in taking this up, talk to me or post here or something

See you then!

Well I'll probably see you before then too

but you know whatever

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

It isn't. I was focusing more on Miyazaki's epic things. ^^; Totoro is more of a happy-kid's movie versus the fantasy/majesty of these other ones.

ninja'd by the squid.

Anyway um

I plead the fifth.

Intrigued I am. Miyazaki's movies are all good. I wouldn't have a problem with any of them and they are all amazing movies. Maybe if this goes well we can have different genre's for every month.. I'm sure that would solve some problems but for now I think the selection is fine the way it is.

Every Miyazaki film is amazing.

If this is a successful thing, we may keep doing this beyond November too, but for now this is all we're counting on. As far as potential future movies, I'm sure you all have approximately 398398985847289923853 suggestions between you, but let's keep thos e to ourselves juuuust for now. ^^;

If this month works we'll be able to get to the other Miyazaki movies among others. Let's no flood with suggestions, eh?

Plus Ame has good judgement. He put the best movie first.