X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

4 hours ago, Zander said:

You'd have to bring in a steel type to resist dragon and not be affected by poison. Anything else gets bodied on the spot.

And that Beast Boost ensures that the bodies keep dropping. Let’s hope this isn’t in our future

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So before you guys star freaking out about the sudden boom in bugs, that's actually an unnatural amount of bugs for a beta test. This beta period has been absolutely insane and all the newbies are doing the lord's work finding so many bugs...and I forgot to check sprites...I'll to that later...anyways, this probably has been one of the most fun beta tests we've had in a while. There's even a meme going on but unfortunately I can't tell you guys until after the community release. It's not a spoiler in and of itself but it could spoil something not entirely related to it at all.

So one thing I can reveal is one of my hilarious unexplained glitches since it is spoiler free:

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=683&height=578

I don't like weather and the weather really doesn't like me.

Sadly, I can't say much since there's this untold contract with like 1k things I can't say mostly to avoid overhyping the episode or teasing. Just think of it this way: It's 1,800 bugs less to be fixed in the final version.

42 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

How long does it usually take to fix one bug ?

With my knowledge when it comes to programming, it all depends on the skill of the programmer and the type of bug/error. Bugs and errors fall into three categories: syntax errors, run-time errors and logic errors. Syntax errors are simple, small spelling errors, Run-time errors occur during execution and logic errors are flaws in a program's code and are difficult to find.

When it comes to the reborn team...with their immense skill in crafting Reborn throughout the years, I assume fixing an average bug might be flicking a flea away or telling a dog to go bark outside. In this case of boom in bugs...they might have accidentally hit a beehive and caused the little buggers to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. That's assuming the beehive isn't actually a hornet's nest...

1 hour ago, JoStarNight said:

With my knowledge when it comes to programming, it all depends on the skill of the programmer and the type of bug/error. Bugs and errors fall into three categories: syntax errors, run-time errors and logic errors. Syntax errors are simple, small spelling errors, Run-time errors occur during execution and logic errors are flaws in a program's code and are difficult to find.

When it comes to the reborn team...with their immense skill in crafting Reborn throughout the years, I assume fixing an average bug might be flicking a flea away or telling a dog to go bark outside. In this case of boom in bugs...they might have accidentally hit a beehive and caused the little buggers to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. That's assuming the beehive isn't actually a hornet's nest...

well we can only hope that most of the bugs are simple ones. I also wrote a Message to Marcello, asking him how the beta testing is going. He told me that the AI was less troubling then they expected.

14 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Aegislash maybe ?

That would probably be the safest bet.

Also, the main reason i brought up Naganadel, is because i don't see her having any dragon mega.

Mega-Chomp is probably reserved for Solaris.

Mega-Mence is probably reserved for Heather.

Mega-Zard X gets outspeed and ohkoed by Garchomp if it doesn't get the set up.

Mega Sceptile is to frail and would get walled by Aegislash.

What about mega-latis or rayquaza? 😄 

1 hour ago, luis said:

What about mega-latis or rayquaza? 😄 

Would be hilarious, but probably not.

On a serious note though, am i the only one who is afraid of Saphira being a Pushover ? Remember that it is confirmed that we will be able to catch dratini in E18, which means that we will have our own broken Dragonite. Unless she has a stealth rock lead like Garchomp or Tyrantrum or a different lead like Mold Breaker Haxorus, i can see it playing out like this:

I'm gonna lead with my sturdy Donphan to set up Stealth Rock. Then i'll sack it and switch in Dragonite. I'll Dragon Dance up and it's pretty much game over. Oh and we access to Weakness Policy. So if she hits you with a dragon move, it's pretty much decided. Congratulations, you've reached +4 Attack and +2 Speed in 1 turn with your Dragonite. Enjoy your sweep. And her own Dragonite ? Well i've set up rocks at the beginning of the battle. Highly doubt that it will be able to take a +4 Outrage/Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw at 75%.

14 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

She won't be a pushover. You guys are still inside the box. 

btw physical M-Scep is a thing

You're probabky right.

If there's one thing that we learned in the past, it's the fact that Ame always finds a way to give us a proper challenge.

It depends on team composition. Some will find her easy while others will have to reset 100 times. That's always been the case with every reborn gym leader and I don't see why it would change.

18 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Noivern is definetly another option. Also i forgot another Mon that could deal with Naga.

Life Orb Greninja with Extrasensory.

But Extrasensory isn't as powerful as Psychic, and Noivern has better Special Attack than Greninja. And Noivern is easier to obtain.

Edit: I made a mistake. Greninja has the better special attack. But Psychic is still a better attack. Extrasensory only has a flinch chance.

56 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

But Extrasensory isn't as powerful as Psychic, and Noivern has better Special Attack than Greninja. And Noivern is easier to obtain.

Edit: I made a mistake. Greninja has the better special attack. But Psychic is still a better attack. Extrasensory only has a flinch chance.

Dont forget that Greninja has the ability Protean, so you can attack with STAB Extrasensory.

31 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

bet.

I bet Five-hundred kajilion dollars!!!!!

...I have been informed that that's not a real number, and would like to change my bet.

I bet, ALL MY LOVE AND APPRECIATION FOR YOU AND THE DEV TEAM!!!!!!!!!