[IC] TotM DC; Borderlands Subplot: Pandora's Box

Projeck

"I see Tim. I'll certainly be trying to keep everything human safe for now. I believe I understand your power a bit, so is there some material that is particularly EMC dense? So that we might stockpile things on the ship? If we cannot land for a while, it'd be good for you to be able to continue your work." Ena took a moment to direct one of the loaderbots to a different segment of the frame she was beginning to assemble, before resuming the conversation.

"Can you collect EMC from something, and then recreate it into a different shape? Removing the need for welds in the frame of the ship might increase the structural integrity."

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Generally the more valuable and hard to come by something is the higher the EMC cost will be, other things such and complexity, uniqueness, and effort need to make something have weight on it's value.  Common staples are gold, tungsten, and other heavy metals as well as most gemstones.

Sadly I cannot alter the shape of something I create, however if you want to take the time to create a high quality joint I can copy that."

Tim walked over to get a closer look at the piles of materials.

"I would like to also take copies of some of these materials, some of them(especially the Oxidizer and Thrusters) look like they could be useful in the future.  Never know when you're going to need to make a batch of explosives on short notice."

Lucine and Law, after a fair amount of work, managed to get their project put together. 

The Paracognitive Computer (fancier name pending) can tell the user how to learn anything perfectly, but at a currently-unknown cost in corrupted and damaged chips in the system itself. However, yet to be discovered by the two is the interference caused by making the thing run off of the existences of a famous slayer of extradimensional beings and one of the most powerful of extradimensional beings; the information is filtered through whichever of the two happens to be winning.

After awhile of messing around with various items here in the techbay, ORION appears once again to the group, gathering them around.

"Sorry to bother you all, but I've detected something that may be of interest to you. I've picked up readings of something nearby, emitting massive amounts of energy. The odd thing, is that the readings are coming from below the factory. Now, I became curious, so I sent down a small scout drone, and I discovered dug tunnels that were not here some time ago. If you're interested, feel free to pursue this energy reading. The path to the tunnels is down into the generator room, the stairs to that are in the storeroom to the North." ORION gestures towards the particular door he's referencing. "Typically things of such a reading are native here to Pandora, meaning they're ancient artifacts, according to my records."

Freya

At Orion's comment about ancient artifacts managed to catch Freya's attention, causing her to quickly close her journal and stow it away, "That sounds pretty interesting. I'm up for checking it out" she replied, before turning to Law, "Say, later, do you think you can use that thing-" she points towards Law's Alloy Printer to indicate what she was talking about, "-to make some armor for my little guys? Never really get the chance to suit my stuff up."

"Taking copies of those items is acceptable. I will work on a set of joints, and those will take the place of every necessary weld in the structure." And Ena did so, with a bit of assistance from the loaderbots. She had just finished when ORION mentioned the mystery.

"I would like to investigate. We can work on this at a later time, Tim. Additionally, it may be of use for you to imprint my armor plating. In any case, we must investigate." Ena called over one of the loaderbots, and explained quickly what her goals were for the ship, three thrusters, two main rooms, an engine room and a cockpit. For now, she expected that the loaderbots would only be getting started on the work of creating a frame.

"I'd want to come along, too. Is that okay?" Lucine asked, the oddness of the question not quite clicking until a moment or two asking the question. It was weird for her, not being around her family. She guessed it was nice to not have people telling her what to do all the time, though. "Um, while we wait, though, I'm gonna mess with the computer a little." The girl wandered over to where the thing had been placed, booting it up and trying to ignore the fact that it sounded like it'd taken lessons from Opal. Lucine asks the computer to teach her how to refill her mana without just sleeping over a leyline.

Tim looked up from his work and glanced in Ena and ORION's direction.

"Sure, I've always had luck in the past when r- exploring ancient ruins.  Occasionally you find something interesting and more often than not something that want's to kill you as well."

Tim finished what he was working on then moved towards the northern store room.

"Massive amounts of energy, Ancient Artefacts?" A certain terror knight muses as he walks over, Armor clanking and... literal screams echoing in his wake- soft, muffled, almost as if ethereal beings were screeching just beyond the thin veil of life and death 

"Hmmmm... perhaps this world has some facsimile of a Chaos Gate then. Along with men foolish, or insane, enough to bargain with whatever's on the other side..." He turned his sights on the transparent image of a man- still throughly convinced he was some sort of phantom in his mind, "Aside from artifacts or other ancient horrors, can you give us anything more specific about it's nature? Regardless, I'll be accompanying those who go to investigate. Something bodes ill here..."

The computer gave her an output, though it seemed. . . questionable. Still, there wasn't supposed to be much of an issue with it, right?

Crazed Mana Warping (Active)- Lucine restores 20% of her mana, at the cost of the power of Kozilek messing with her mind, and temporarily losing 1 SYN until she sleeps. Cooldown: 2 turns.

Still, she wasn't really sure this was the correct way to tap ambient mana - especially after using it experimentally to boost her energy a bit. It was way, though, which was useful.

"The only thing I can compare it to... well, is an artifact that Hyperion executives found before. I'm not sure about the nature of it, but it has similar energy readings to that of a Vault Key fragment. Intriguing that one would be directly below, but weirder things have happened."

ORION strokes his chin, before the distant sound of moaning and creaking metal sounds out through the bay.

"I've opened up the service hatch below in the generator room, that leads to the exposed area that leads to the tunnels. I believe there's lighting equipment down right inside of the service hatch entrance."

"Yes. Let's go." Ena was getting slightly restless, and set off in the direction of the generator room. She didn't have anything to do until they actually started on the task at hand. In any case, as she continued, she prepared the rifle she carried, and began checking through her visual filters, needed to be able to see in the dark as best as possible.

Lilly after somehow ending up upgradeing the staff of that one girl in the hat, talks to orion a bit.

Spoiler

Lilly turns towards Orion.
"oh about your earlier question, neither of us are really from around here. what kind of wildlife do you usually see?"

"Well, the most common things you'll see around are Skags and Rakks. Skags come in a lot of varieties, and are hard-bodied dogs, essentially. As for Rakks... imagine almost bat-like dragon birds. They're decent sized, but are cowardly without a flock. Let's see... there's Spiderants, which are quadrupedal insect-like creatures. Very territorial, and burrow into the ground. Then there's Scythid's, who are leech-like invertebrates. I don't have much information on wildlife outside of this zone we're in. If I were to get access to some databases around Pandora, I could learn and tell you more, however."

"Mmmm...do you have the equipment needed to tan leather here?"

"Definitely not. You could likely find something like that somewhere on the surface. A lot of people tan hides for clothing here."

"Would they....attack like the ones from before?"

"The ones before? Not that I would know of. The people of Pandora are a paranoid kind, but some can be hospitable."

"Are there any useful plants in the area? Im pretty good with plants, So i might be able to make something I could trade for getting the leather tanned."

"Not much is around this area... pretty barren, mostly desert. There's more... colorful areas of Pandora, but they're far away."

"..........."
"Rawr"
"Well...i guess i could go hunting or try and tame something...."

Lilly turns back to the group.
"Hey im thinking about exploring the surface a bit more. Finding a town, maybe taming wildlife. Anyone want to come with?"

As Tim walked towards the back of the facility he overheard some of Lilly's conversation with ORION and noticed the large bundle of scaly hide she carried.

"Excuse me, while I do intend on investigating the underground I would like to know what exactly that is--" He pointed to the Death Wyvern hide. "--and if you would mind me borrowing it for a moment?"

Tim took the piece of skin and with his other hand pulled out his Philosopher's stone.  With a burst of white and pink flames he imprinted the hide and handed it back.

"Thank you.  I just copied that piece of skin into my Philosopher's stone here, if you ever need more say something.  I con't make infinite items, but well...I could turn a large pile of rocks into one of these."