[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut: The Whole Bus

Hal Henderics

Calvera, now more upset upon the argument that had transpired, had tears now rolling down her cheeks once more. She knew this would be coming... and as she thought, she was not prepared for it mentally. Throughout the argument, she had clenched her face tightly, digging her nails into the flesh from the stress. The pressure enough was enough to draw a little blood on her forehead, until she heard enough, to which she stood up suddenly from her seat, to release that buildup of emotional pressure. "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP! I TRIED MY FUCKING BEST, SORRY! I KNOW I FUCKED UP! CAN JUST FUCKING GET PAST IT YOU ASSHOLE! YOU DON'T THINK I FEEL GUILTY FOR ALMOST HITTING YOU WITH SOMETHING THAT I COULDN'T EXACTLY WARN YOU ABOUT BECAUSE YOU DECIDED TO RUN OFF ALONE ALL HERO-LIKE!??! THAT I DON'T FEEL GUILTY FOR BLINDING EVERYONE IN THE SURROUNDING AREA?!? THAT I FUCKING BROKE LUCILLE, PRACTICALLY!?!? I'M OVER HERE JUST SURROUNDED IN GUILT, I DON'T NEED YOU TO REMIND ME OF HOW MUCH I FUCKED UP, BECAUSE I WAS FUCKING THERE, AND I HAD TO SEE THE FUCKING CONSEQUENCES FIRSTHAND, SO JUST FUCKING SHUT UP!" Calvera screamed, taking a sharp breath, as her heart rate rose, and she began to hyperventilate. She sunk to the floor by her seat, and just fell into the fetal position, and rocked lightly. The guilt was too much. The guilt... it was all she could think about. It occupied all of her thoughts, besides the obvious feeling of dread of even being on this journey. They'd do better without her, in her biased opinion. She was deadweight at this point. Too much of a safety hazard.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arminius stood there in shock, not really expecting the outburst. After a moment's hesitation from the shock he runs over to Calvera, trying to comfort her quietly. After a few seconds he starts petting her head, falling back on past experience.

Proditor himself nearly sighed to himself as he listened to the argument behind him. If they didn't shut up themselves they might damage Lucille's hearing even more, based on how loud they wee being. The Ethereal himself didn't butt in, however. Instead, he simply focused on driving. They would settle this themselves, since they seemed to be on that path already. If he had to interject himself in to stop anyone from hurting each other even more than they already were, then he would.

She blocked out the petty argument in the distance. Just as she tried to block out the stabbing pain that bloomed from the back of her eyes, sliced its way through the general space of her head, before finally ending in the back of her neck- right where the stem connected to the spine. His attack may have been over, but she could still feel the lingering sensation of assault and violation, coating her mind like a foul residue. Memories were fogged, senses were dulled and only now beginng to return to full strength, but most of all...

They were horrified. No longer it was it speculation, beyond of a doubt, they had lied to her. They had used her. And they had tried to cast her aside once their purpose was made null, save themselves. Even now, she heard the frantic cries, their whispered nothings, almost indecipherable with the speed they came, but quiet enough that if she really wanted to, she could've ignored them. The jig was up. They knew, Andral knew, and now she did as well. It was plot that mere days ago, she hadn't even imagined as feasible. Yet here they were....

"This is where you've been, all this time?" She felt as though she wanted to scream, to make no end of foul evocations cursing their names and very beings. Yet try as she might, her strength still waned from the madman's hellish fever-dream, and all she could verbally muster was a quiet groan of frustration "This....entire...fucking time. You were with me ,and you were silent... all the times you could've said something, done something, prevent a disaster or at least help me mitigate it... and you did nothing. When I stumbled like a fool, trying to figure out things on my own, you were silent. When I was fighting for my life, being hunted like an animal, you were silent. When Avada was dying right infront of me, and I was too much of a coward to try anything, you were silent then too. What did you pigs ever really see in me? Some hideyhole you could hunker down in? What were you hiding from, why did you lie about time running out, of having to stop what you taught me?  Were you just going to let me take the heat of whatever made you run in the first place? Is that it? Was I really just a fucking meat shield? ANSWER ME!"

A great, nigh overwhelming silence, washing over her like a wave of static electricity. The beast huddled around her, bodies tensed, looking to one another, uncertain what to do, even if they should do anything at all, with the raw torrents of impulses beginning to arise from her. It was to them as if they were suddenly connected to something far greater, far more ancient, than their mistress had ever been. Faint, but even so, still nigh overpowering. There was no answer. The great presence, seemed to convene amongst itself, deliberated for a few moments...And then it was gone. Shrunk back down to a mere pinprick- try as Lucille might to force it back out, it was like digging through a stone wall with a wooden spoon.

"....." The beasts were silent, but backed away as she trembled. But instead of the explosion they all anticipated, there was a bitter, weak chuckle "Silence... why am I not surprised? I followed you pigs, trusted you pigs, and in the end, you were just using me as some pawn. And now that you've been exposed and I want the explanation I'm due, you hide again...."

Fuck them. Fuck all of them. And Fuck the madman as well. She'd spent far too much of her life living under the heel of that pig and the Maven's alike, even if she'd only now realized that what her tutelage under the latter was. Infact, she was glad of what she'd done in the fever dream- the bastards were going to up and leave as she was destroyed because of them, eh? Or so they thought... but they'd forgotten one thing. 

The fools had given her not just their secrets to safeguard, but their own damn essences; and in the process of setting up all their little protections, they'd practically bonded themselves to her, just like she bound beasts. And of course, she had eventually noticed the it over the years, toyed with the connection, fiddled with it, tried to see if she could use it to bypass those protections, even just a little. None of those attempts had ever revealed a back door, but they'd revealed something... If she wanted to, she could play with those bindings like rope, twist them together, entangle them. That knowledge had never been of much practical use though... Until the fever dream. Now the connections they'd made with where as tangled as some vermin's nest. And not a god damn one of them could undo it, and neither could she... It may have also made brute forcing her way past their restrictions nigh impossible, given the connections she once used were about as chaotic as a section of spaghetti code, but....

25 minutes ago, Projeck said:

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP.... CAN JUST FUCKING GET PAST IT YOU ASSHOLE! YOU DON'T THINK I FEEL GUILTY FOR ALMOST HITTING YOU WITH SOMETHING.... THAT I DON'T FEEL GUILTY FOR BLINDING EVERYONE IN THE SURROUNDING AREA??! THAT I FUCKING BROKE LUCILLE, PRACTICALLY!?!?....I DON'T NEED YOU TO REMIND ME OF HOW MUCH I FUCKED UP, BECAUSE I WAS FUCKING THERE, AND I HAD TO SEE THE FUCKING CONSEQUENCES FIRSTHAND, SO JUST FUCKING SHUT UP!"

but try as she might, the damn argument had finally risen to levels she literally couldn't shut out. Head only throbbing even more from the outburst, she had Vera hop onto one of the seats, and take a look at what the fuck they were doing...

Only to receive a very vague, roughly converted soundmap as she borrowed the bird's eyes, followed nigh immediately with a wave of sensations that were all too familiar; all manors of tastes and smells, mixing and mingling like some party for divorcees, creating abominable combinations that turned her stomach and threatened to make her heave right then and there. Within an instant, she cut off the connection. The pigeon turned and gazed at her, cocking her little head with confusion. And in that moment, Andral's words again flashed across her mind...

"And I shall also claim the sight you have drawn from your thralls. Enjoy, Lucille..."

Shaking her head, not wanting to accept the obvious implications, she made another go at it, this time using one of the dragons. And this time, coming far closer to almost puking. Teeth clenched, stomach churning like a storm, there was one thing on her mind as she slowly accepted the facts.

It mattered not how powerful Andral Co had become, since that fateful night. He would die. And He would die by her hands, and her's alone.

Kusuke similarly took a very deep breath before replying. "If nobody ever points out that you made a mistake, you'll never know you did so. I'm not going to apologize for being angry about nearly being incinerated, and I'm not going to let anyone guilt trip me over it. It's not going to work. If you want to be angry at me, get mad that I fucked up trying to rewind her and somehow managed to pick out a timeline that was even worse. But don't bitch me out because I don't feel like having my ass set on fire and I'm willing to say it out loud." 

Calvera continues to have her panic attack on the floor of the bus, being petted by Arminius. Her breathing slows only marginally, as she's comforted by her friend. Her thoughts continued on, about her uselessness, and her being a nuisance all things considered in this group. She considered the idea of retiring from this... mission, or whatever it was. This war. Settling down somewhere to live out her days. Alone. She was too much of a danger to those that she is near. Her raw destructive power... it wasn't good for anyone. She continued lightly rocking, and staring at the same spot of the floor silently.

"Yeah. Stunning deduction, suprised you figured it out. Was mainly curious if you knew the details at the end or whether you needed some info to fill in pieces. Nevermind that." Harry muttered as the thing that could loosely be called a discussion continued, likely clueing Tattletale in to everything she could possibly want to know. Harry stayed out of it of course, preferring to mainly sit with his arms crossed behind his head, staring at a shuttered window. Force of habit, mainly.

"You have any interest in psionics?" Harry asked the question out of the blue to Tattletale. It seemed to him that it could add a lot to the parahuman's repertoire. Her limit was currently based on information she could gather, if he remembered correctly, and if the amount of info she could receive was expanded, among the many other capacities of psionics, that'd likely complement her abilities nicely. "Obviously up to Proditor, but it could be useful to you, right?"

Alyssa spent most of the time trying to ignore the squabbling strangers. Wishing for a window to stare out of, she instead starts looking around at the interior of the bus. Ragged, a bit anacronistic, and certainly odd. An abstract piece of art if she ever saw one. Alyssa goes to the inventory in search of a suitable canvas.

Not noticing the label on the box, she finds a few fairly nice looking cursed items. Upon seeing the cloak in it, she remembers that she needs to give Jun back her cloak at some point, and takes the cloak and tries it on.

Spoiler

Alyssa feels very safe in the cloak.  She recieves the ability to roll resistance saves twice and take the better of the two results.  This ability is always on while the cloak is.  She also feels very unsteady.  She recieves the ability to roll dexterity saves twice and take the worse of the two results.  This ability is also always on while the cloak is.

The cloak feels nice, but will need a new paint job at some point. 

She finally spots a quality canvas at the back of the pile. As she makes her hasty way towards it, however, she trips over the box of cursed items and makes a noise not unlike that of a disgruntled cartoon dog. Without a shred of gracefullness, she stands again, grabs the intended target and carefully walks back to a seat. 

Paintbrush in hand, artfully done strokes fill the canvas with solid colors, acrylic to the trained eye. Slowly, a picture starts to form of a beautiful woman, a man dressed like an oompa loompa, and a teenager arguing in a school bus with darkened windows. The scene takes on full form, including everyone aboard, even herself painting, only barely visable in the corner. Each color is in sharp contrast with the next, creating an uneasy vibe in the piece. 

A while passes and the scene is done. She finds somewhere relatively safe to put it, and gives Jun her cloak back while she's at it.

Edited by Irbsandcheese

Everyone

As the arguments seemed to die down, the party would suddenly hear a strange sound. Specifically, the sound of something glass shattering, followed by the sound of light metal hitting metal as a small, roundish, smooth grey device bounced along the main aisle of the bus, before coming to a stop. Proditor himself turned his head slightly to look at it, before turning back towards the controls, letting anyone who wished to pick it up... Well, pick it up.

As the bus drifts through the in-between, something metallic floats towards the group. It gets bigger as it approaches, revealing it to be some sort of... scuffed up yellow escape pod. On the side of it, are two white vertical bars painted on, with the midsection of the bars marked through with the word "Hyperion" in similar white paint. The white paint is slightly chipped, and worn, as if it's been aged by some erosion. Some rust also appears on some of the fine edges of the bolted down metal plates of the escape pod. On the side, there is a hatch, with a simple lever handle, and a small window. Anyone looking can see a small blue light coming from the other side of the window.

Lilly just looked at them like they were all insane. WHY. She may not have known soma very well. she barely knew her at all. But she did NOT like the idea of a teammate turning into a rampageing monster. Nor did she like the idea of LEAVEING THEM THERE. And it sounded like they had issues with friendly fire to.
They should have called her. But, could she have even done anything?
Her recent attempts at talking things out with the monsters of that world had not gone as she would have hoped.

Then the rusty pod shows up. 

"Now what....?"