Hospital Mafia Game [Game Over - Town Wins]

Anti_Hero

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is interesting. Unless I am mistaken, the only reason Dive could possibly show up as ??? is because he was killed by the Greedy Janitor, who decided to use up their role right off the bat.

Monokuma @Anti_Hero, I have a question about that message. Did you leave it, or do you allow mafia members to leave a message at the scene of the crime?

Does anyone else have any information they'd like to share?

So..the greedy janitor hides their alignment when they use their ability? Well guessed we gotta just figure out how to sort this out, in the meantime losing Myrmidon was a strong blow early probably gonna have a rough ride of it trying to sort out this mess.

Guys this is cold. You could have given Dive a chance to win :P

Anyhow, as Eviora pointed out, the most interesting fact here is that Dive's alignment was not revealed. Could be the doing of the Janitor. If they decided to use their power right after the first kill, we can infer that Dive had an important role, worth stealing without hesitation. A role the Janitor now has...

Alright. Let's try to find out what it could be.

I think we can eliminate Weak Doctor, ICU Doctor, Psychiatrist, Mortician, Heroic Doctor and Receptionist. Either those aren't very powerful, or they don't synergize well with the mafia's playstyle.

More probable possibilities include ECT Doctor (ultra powerful in the hands of the maf), Organ Donor (can save another maf in a pinch), Hospital Director (almost looks more like a maf role than a town role tbh), Pharmacist (would make the Quack almighty), and to a lesser extent Lover and Amnesiac.

Edited by Alistair
added Heroic Doctor

Actually, Alistair's post raises a couple of questions for me. @Anti_Hero

Does the Janitor take over the role if his victim? That wasn't clear at all to me from the roles section. It seemed to me that the Janitor just got to deprive us of the knowledge of the deceased's role.

Also, what is the amnesiac's win condition?

The janitor just takes the knowledge

He can't use the ability that dive had 

The amnesiac doesn't have any real win condition. Since it's a role that takes on another role, it also changes alignment and thus gains their win condition

Edited by Anti_Hero

Dark Rogue has a point...

Oh and alright Alistair, it just came across as weird that you believed the mafia could somehow deduce the role before killing the target.

Anyway any thoughts on what kinda person the Amnesiac will be? the type to side with us or want to secretly become mafia? (in before I am the Amnesiac with my forgetful behaviour :P)

Guest Sparkin'

Since the janitor already used their skill, I can't be sure if amnesiac is either dead or alive. But well...

Thinking about the amnesiac, I think it's most likely that they will choose an alignment that gives them an advantage.

For example, if it seems that the mafia is going to win, I think they are going to take a mafia role.

If they think that the innocents are going to win, I believe they will take a innocent role.

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to have the amnesiac take Dive's role so that we can know his role too?

It could help us stop the mafia from claiming his role.

Well, there are three options:

1) Dive was the Amnesiac, and since he doesn't have an alignment, it couldn't be revealed;

2) Dive got killed by the janitor;

3) Dive was the amnesiac AND got killed by the janitor. (Most unlikely)

Guest Sparkin'

I don't think any mafia is crazy enough to murder themselves, so I bet every dead player that's killed at night is innocent/amnesiac

With that said, nobody strikes as suspicious for now, so I'll [Eliminate] No One

Unless anyone else has worthy info, I think all we can do is hope the doctor's protection will be guessed correctly

Let's not say the curse is back and I'm doctor/pharmacist again because everyone has a hospital-related role

Edited by Sparkin'

@Anti_Hero Suppose the ECT killed the amnesiac on N0. Would we be told the amnesiac's role was "amnesiac" or "???"?

Basically, we're trying to get a clarification regarding how the rules work, so I think this question ought to be fair game.

I agree with Venus that, if the amnesiac is still alive and wants to side with the town, they ought to take Dive's role so at least they know what it is.

So he was indeed killed by the janitor. Yes, he could still be the amnesiac, but I think thats a low chance, thus the amnesiac is probably alive.

Well, as this is the first day and we don't have any good leads, I'll [Eliminate] No one (I'll change my vote if some worthy info comes up).

I can't see where people are getting any ideas from on who might have been killed, given what Anti has told us about how the kill works and the roles mafia have they knew nothing of the role they targeted and the info revealed to us we know nothing except those few people with roles to learn information, so on that note how is there any less of or more of a chance of a role being the one that is dead? It could be the Amnesiac as much as any other role, only the mafia roles not being the dead ones makes any sense.