Retiring EXP, Ace, and introducing...

Amethyst

• Administrators

Ok, so what about showdown custom sprites? This was original an option everyone could have with paying rupees (the old currency of the forum). Then it became an ace member perk only and now getting ace can't be acomplished anymore. Will everyone can get a custom sprite if they want? Maybe some, and who? And what about those who paid with the old currency and lost their custom sprite (or never got it cause in the last period of the said system the sprites were broken)? Same thing applies for voice on PS too

Iirc the plan for showdown avatars is just to allow access on request to all Veteran forum users. 
Same for voice. 
There will still be a limit on frequency of updating avatars/names, of course. 

I imagine users will be able to have joint membership across any number of clubs. Division will exist anyway, but that's usually manifested in sub-communities that have already branched off from Reborn.

This is definitely true.

1 hour ago, Fantastic Mr. Fox said:

2f74a6bb0da163cf4ae9ad2bc2d5162e.png 

;n;

the story of my life :(

Personally, I am pretty happy seeing the outdated EXP system go. In the end, people didn't even use it anymore, blocking the way on any new people getting Ace.

The old site had rupees, and you could buy the Ace Membership for 6000 of them, provided you were part of the community for 6 months.

They became almost useless after the "Mess With Others" part of the site shop was removed, so too many people became Ace at the same time.

Therefore they had to come up with a system that limits that. 

Then the EXP one happened resulting in no new Ace members.

2 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

They became almost useless after the "Mess With Others" part of the site shop was removed, so too many people became Ace at the same time.

The rupee system was removed because it wasn't compatible with the new site. It was no longer possible to use it at all, that's why it ultimately had to go.^^

The biggest difference between the new and old forums is going to be the complete removal of the $R system.

That kind of sucks, but unfortunately there isn't a way around it. Our currency system is part of a third party mod which is completely incompatible with new forum versions. This is also the main reason that we haven't upgraded yet, but as it is now this forum software is nearly three years outdated and its age is starting to show.

Yes. The second line refers to the added requirements to become Ace. 

The EXP was an attempt to imitate the rupee system on the new site.

I didn't imply that they removed the Rupees in order to use the EXP one.

Probably poor wording on my part.

15 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

I had noticed the surge of new Aces back in the last days of the rupee system. After the EXP system was introduced, complotist me thought it was designed to not produce Aces anymore, because there were too many of them. Looks like I wasn't that far from the truth :P

On 10/29/2017 at 9:36 PM, DreamblitzX said:

I think you got exp for getting 100 rep or something?

The idea was always tossed around that getting rep should or would earn you a bit of exp, but it was never codified and implemented, to my knowledge.

Also, bring out tfw topic. that's probably the one topic that makes up the Ace board and doesn't really have anything that would be better left hidden. Hell, I might just go back and scroll through memory lane myself.

8 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

doesn't really have anything that would be better left hidden.

Speak for yourself. I'm Psure I've put some rather uncomfortable stuff in there even just recently and certain I've doneso in the past.

13 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Also, bring out tfw topic. that's probably the one topic that makes up the Ace board and doesn't really have anything that would be better left hidden. Hell, I might just go back and scroll through memory lane myself.

Nah you dead wrong on that one. 

I think y’all need to go into the Ace forum and address some shit. Y’all literally pulled the rug up from under us on this one.

Trust me, it's nothing particularly bad.  Just, there's an unspoken level of comfort that there is/was in the Nightclub tends to allow us to open up a little.  Some of us, myself included, have things like diary threads in there.  And well, I think you understand why I'd prefer to not have that be seen ya know?

• Upvote 2

I see. I can definitely understand that. I only hope this level of comfort, or something approaching, can be brought to all members with the introduction of clubs. I have no doubt they were designed with this idea in mind. Let's hope they are successful, so everyone can be part of their own little Nightclub.