Fire Emblem on the Forums: Deceitful Turnabout [IC]

Aurorix

Doran couldn't help but laugh at the girl. She honestly seemed to be not quite all there but she was amusing and honestly seemed like she deserved to be somewhere better than here. Though so did most of the people here... Still. How would she react to knowing who they were?

FQz6uvl.png

"Not guards, no. Though with Viola's armor I can see how that mistake would be made. We're prisoners. Well, all of us but the guy in the cloak. He's the one who helped us break out. So now we need to push further and get out of here for good. Are you willing to help us with that?"

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OhWhgDc.png

"So, not guards, just very determined perverts. Good to know~" Chance mused to herself, out loud. She stood there in silence for a moment, not really answering the man's question. She seemed to space out again for a time, before just suddenly talking again out of nowhere. "l can help l've got nothing better to do, should be more interesting than cleaning that's for sure." She giggled to herself. She didn't really know any of these people but... should be more fun than being stuck in this dingy old place forever. She was really really tired of having to clean dust every day somehow.

"But l can't fight. Never something l had need of learning. However, l do know my way around. There's quite a few ways around the patrols of guards and a few paths they don't know about. Perks of being a maid you know all the ways around so people don't notice you. So, easy enough to minimize the amount of fighting you will have to do." She said with a smile. 

He ground his teeth, as he attempted to ignore the constant "perversion" jokes, grinding his nerves though they did. Well, if she was coming with them, at least she wouldn't be total dead weight, if what she claimed to know was true. Mercadier turned to the rogue, eyes.... not quite ornery, but nowhere near as amiable as when the man had broken them out of the cells and given his offer either. The expression he'd seen plastered on his mug earlier was one he had grown all too familiar with, a few times over the years, and not once had it ever led to anything good. How long before whatever power this fool thought he had started to go to his head? How long before the reasons he claimed to have broken them out and chosen to oppose the emperor became nothing but a mere afterthought? He didn't know, he couldn't know, and that more than anything was the most troubling.

But sitting around worrying would do nothing to get them out. And like it or not, he was stuck with the rogue for now, and probably for the foreseeable future.

BTdWTkK.png

"Look, if this is all sorted, we need to get back on track."

7YQyExq.png

"The Plan. What is it? You were just at the beginning before she walked in."

FQz6uvl.png

"Hmm... willing to work with a bunch of people you believe are perverts... Must be a pervert yourself! Still, someone who knows the area will be useful. Do you have any other talents besides cleaning? Healing, singing, balancing things on your nose?"

There was a clear joking tone throughout his whole comment, clearly trying to lighten the mood a bit. He was nervous, but that didn't mean he couldn't try and help everyone relax a bit, right?

OhWhgDc.png

"Who knows? Maybe l am~" She curtsied at the statement. Of what that indicated... who knew? She took a moment to ponder his question, she wasn't really sure of any talents she had like that. Or, why he was asking. Well, healing made sense... the rest? "Singing? Not unless you want your ears to bleed. Not sure how that'd be helpful anyway. Guess it'd be really distracting... or inspiring maybe. l can balance things on my nose though yes! Not sure that'd help either."

She did know a little healing magic, she'd used it to take care of him... once. She never really used it after he died though. She didn't really want to remember that time of her life. Not that it was a bad time, or time she regretted, but it was the past. He'd passed on into... whatever happens after one's death. She left the manor he left her, because it was too painful. She wasn't sure she should use that magic again either. "l'm really good at cooking and baking too~" she said trying to hide the pain of remembering. They'd not know her well enough to know she was deflecting, she used that to her advantage. "l'm the perfect maid, Chaaaance at your service.~" She gave another curtsy, this one deeper, before standing at attention. 

jVlVv79.png

The rogue decided to just ignore all these jokes about perversion and the such. It's a lot easier to just let comments like that not get to you, but the anger boiling inside him was there. His honor wouldn't let him harm a defenseless and most likely innocent person. By now they've definitely wasted more time than necessary and they should get back on track sooner rather than later.

5ndolEO.png

"AHEM, let's get back to explaining the plan shall we?" Zentilin spoke as to bring everyone's attention back to the main goal. He sat down on a barrel before beginning his explanation.

"Now I think it's time you all know the purpose of this temple. No, I shouldn't call it a "temple" rather a "magical device". This place is sort of like a giant magical cannon, capable of launching blasts that could turn huge capitol cities like Ridian or Nocia into ash in mere moments. One can only assume the Emperor wants to use this device to conquer the world. How his court wizards could come up with such a destructive device I have no idea, though I guess with enough funding any idea is possible.

As you all know, this place is nearing it's completion which means we have very little time to stop this man from using this machine."

njitoR9.png

"However, no device is without it's flaws. Hidden within the center of this temple is a giant mana pylon which harnesses power from three smaller pylons. There is one pylon for each type of magic, so a light, dark and anima pylon. These key parts of the temple keep it stable and are vital to it's functionality. But say if a rogue equipped with dark magic somehow got into that chamber and overloaded one of the pylons, what would happen then? Well, the structure looses stability and blows up of course. Granted the pylons haven't been fully charged nor is it in operating conditions so the blast should be small enough to not harm us or any of the prisoners still locked up. Plus the sound of a huge blast is sure to cause some chaos so while they panic we sneak out of here. With the main components destroyed and most of the mages "sent away on an important errand" by a mysterious letter that just happened to appear one day, that should give us extra time to stop the emperor's plans."

5ndolEO.png

"So here's how it'll go, I'll sneak into center of the temple and overload the pylons. I should have enough time to get out before it explodes if I'm quick about it. Once you hear the blast run out to the courtyard, our maid friend here is should know the way. After that it'll be a short detour to the stables, there's a certain winged horse that one of you will be glad to reunite with. After that we'll head straight out the front gate, this place is surrounded by cliff-sides so that's really the only way out of here. If all goes according to plan we should be able to make it to a camp site I have hidden in a cave far out from the temple grounds. We take a rest there and continue out into the forest. As a side note, for once not of my own doing, the original man in charge has caught a major illness so the next heir to the throne has taken his place for the time being. That person being the king's grandson. Now I'd prefer if we didn't kill the boy, it'll just be asking for the kingdom to place bounties on our heads. Killing royalty tends to have that effect. But if he DOES become an issue let ME deal with him, understand? That's the plan, any questions?"

RAcOJxG.png

"Lenn-"

tGhrrsv.png

"..."

jSgGsTJ.png

he almost, almost let her name escape his lips, but caught it just at the last possible second, not daring to risk the chance, no matter how small, superstitious, and asinine, that by so much as uttering the mere name of the last living being in this world he- apparently -still had left, he would condemn her to a fate beyond his power to intervene in, just as the all the others had suffered, just as all the others had been robbed of their lives and their very souls by the fires of this hell. How she had survived the chaos of that night was beyond him, he'd been almost certain she had been struck down out of sheer spite by that rat-faced peice of human trash who'd seen fit to break them one by one, make them his helpless bitches, utterly unable to do anything. 

Afterall, the fucker had done the same to Agate, when the mighty drake had gone into a rage at the sight of his master's corpse. Well, it probably wasn't that big a mercy, either way. Chances were, she had been captured instead of euthanized solely because she was in good health and able-bodied, the bastards likely felt it was a waste to simply kill her without extorting every drop of draft labor they could... and it was far easier to control a pegasus than a full grown wyvern with a chip on it's shoulder. 

And just like that, any joy he might've felt over the news she was alive, was soon replaced by dread at the condition he would find her in.

And almost as swiftly, dread gave way to something else. Something familiar. Something he'd felt since he first picked up the deadman's lance. Again, his grip went bone white.

7YQyExq.png

"No... none at all..." he answered once the rogue was finally done, trembling, but not out of fear. Far from it.... "The... sooner we get out of here... the better."

bF7MQmNoemAJNGoiyz3MQWYI8G5n6uF9tgLyC15CbrBUnlFrDw_s4HGRIT1dYo_VR_QqF3qH3HQaSUJ00Kg_tOttrZ7Wv_khXEGq4LAu8g6cFKOQsbiZOhx6j8_YzrhZc-kCshSu

Once Zentilin made it clear that he wanted everyone's attention again, Tekeshi switched his focus solely to the Rogue. The plan he explained could be summed up in simple terms: Wait for an explosion triggered by the destruction of a magic pylon, and then run like hell, make a stop at the stables, and then get the hell out of the place. Overall, simple... On paper, at least. It would definitely be more difficult than what it was sounding... At least for Tekeshi, if the last fight was any indication.

"No questions here" Tekeshi replied, once Zentilin was finished with his explanation.

8CEOjCs.png

"Um. . . are you saying you're going to. . . Nevermind." It seemed like the rogue was saying to let HIM kill the grandson. Why it had to be the rogue, and why they had to kill him at all if they encountered him were things Viola wasn't sure of, but she didn't particularly want to ask the rogue about. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say. 

Doran simply shook his head. No questions and no desire to draw this out any longer. The truth of the rogue's words wasn't clear to him, but if it got him out of here, he didn't care. He'd no love for any government, not anymore. All he wanted was to escape, complete whatever ridiculous tasks this man put in front of him, and then live peacefully away from everything else. That was the goal for him that would hopefully keeping him moving through these trials.

Edited by Swordstar

5ndolEO.png

"Alright then, stay silent and wait for the queue. It shouldn't take too long." With that the rogue went out the door to get the distraction ready. However, after a while the sound of boots and voices came closer to the door. As they approached they group could overhear their conversation. One voice was that of a man and the other, a woman.

"Hmph, so some prisoners escaped did they. Damn!" The manly voice spoke with noticeable anger

"Sir, reports say that they headed this way though they're most likely hiding out somewhere as they haven't been spotted since their initial escape." The feminine voice spoke with a formal tone before adding more concerned.  "Also Sire, do you really think think the kingdom should be doing this? I mean look at what's-" She's soon cut off by the man.

"Enough, I know where this is going. My Grandfather has entrusted me with this. He told me he believes I'm ready for higher tasks than just staying in the castle training."

"But Sir, look around! Can you really just command our troops to force your citizens to work in such a cruel manor!? Is this really the legacy you want to follow!?"

"Silence! This conversation ends now! We will capture the prisoners and make them an example for the others who want to force thier way out of here. Do I make myself clear?" Before the Lady had any time to respond, the clanging of boots made its way to them.

"Sire, a suspicious individual has been seen entering the center of the Temple!"

"Just what in the world are they trying to do? Come one, I bet that's where the rest of the vermin are!"

The sound of their footsteps heading out fades and a short while later a large explosion is heard. The group heads out towards the courtyard as the plan entails. When they get out the Rogue is already outside the door waiting for them, as well as some guards who are in obvious shock by the explosion they just heard. Though strangely there seems to be some prisoners working as well, with one in particular using this moment to run off.

cgls4HE.png

5ndolEO.png

"The Stables should just be down the path. Currently there are some people working the graveyard shift, though I feel it'd be best to ignore them. The longer we stay here the worse it'll be for us."

Win Condition: Defeat Alunda Freya or All escape into the Stables (O5)

Loose Condition: All Party members die

Optional: Help the other prisoners escape.

Cheat Sheet:

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon
Initiate A: (18/18) (K2) Slim Sword (35/35)
Initiate B: (18/18) (O14) Slim Sword (35/35) 
Initiate C: (18/18) (J16) Slim Sword (35/35)
Initiate D: (18/18) (G11) Slim Sword (35/35)
Pupil A: (17/17) (N3) Fire (40/40)
Pupil B: (17/17) (K9) Wind (40/40) (Dropable)
Pupil C: (17/17) (L17) Wind (40/40) 
Pupil D: (17/17) (F16) Fire (40/40)
Journeyman A: (21/21) (I1) Hatchet (35/35)
Journeyman B: (21/21) (M8) Hatchet (35/35)
Journeyman C: (21/21) (L16) Hatchet (35/35) 
Journeyman D: (21/21) (J11) Hatchet (35/35)
Journeyman E: (21/21) (F15) Hatchet (35/35)
Recruit A: (21/21) (L4) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit B: (21/21) (N11) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit C: (21/21) (N18) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit D: (21/21) (H17) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit E: (21/21) (F11) Slim Lance (35/35)
Alunda Freya: (20/20) (N5) Iron Rapier (40/40) Vulnerary (3/3)

Players: Health, Location, Weapon
Chance: (19/19) (E4) Heal (30/30) Vulnerary (3/3)
Doran Kearn: (21/21) (F6) Hatchet (29/35) Vulnerary (3/3)
Mercadier: (19/19) (F5) Slim Lance (29/35) Vulnerary (3/3)
Tekeshi: (18/18) (F4) Slim Sword (33/35) Vulnerary (2/3) 
Viola Sonnen: (18/18) (E6) Fire (38/40) Vulnerary (2/3)

Allies: Health, Location, Weapon
Zentilin: (19/19) (E5) Bolo Knife -1 (35/40) Flux (37/40)E Vulnerary (3/3) Lockpick (14/15)

Prisoners: Health, Location, Weapon
Vivianne: (15/15) (F10)
Prisoner A: (10/10) (K15)
Prisoner B: (10/10) (M15)

EXP:
0/100 

FQz6uvl.png

"You may be able to ignore helpless victims. But if situations had been slightly different, it would have been me in their shoes. So no. We're not leaving them."

Doran spotted one nearby woman with an extravagant hat that seemed to be trying to escape even though she was being pursued. Moving over towards her, he threw his hatchet at the guard chasing her, giving her a slight nod.

FQz6uvl.png

"My name is Doran. You willing to come help us out? Interesting hat by the way."

Doran to F-9, hatchet the soldier

bF7MQmNoemAJNGoiyz3MQWYI8G5n6uF9tgLyC15CbrBUnlFrDw_s4HGRIT1dYo_VR_QqF3qH3HQaSUJ00Kg_tOttrZ7Wv_khXEGq4LAu8g6cFKOQsbiZOhx6j8_YzrhZc-kCshSu

"Well, doesn't feel right to just let us leave and keep other trapped here. Though I guess if things get too bad, then it can't be helped. Let's just see what happens"

Tekeshi moves to G7 to try and stick with the group.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Doran 

Attack: 5 (10-6+1)

Hit: 105.5 (95.5-5+15)

Crit: 7 (8-1)

Ignis: 6 (5+1)

Recruit E

Attack: ---

Hit: ---

Crit: ---

Doran Attacks: 62 Hit! (100) [64]

Recruit E takes 5 damage

Doran strike lands dealing some damage to the guard.

Cheat Sheet:

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon
Initiate A: (18/18) (K2) Slim Sword (35/35)
Initiate B: (18/18) (O14) Slim Sword (35/35) 
Initiate C: (18/18) (J16) Slim Sword (35/35)
Initiate D: (18/18) (G11) Slim Sword (35/35)
Pupil A: (17/17) (N3) Fire (40/40)
Pupil B: (17/17) (K9) Wind (40/40) (Dropable)
Pupil C: (17/17) (L17) Wind (40/40) 
Pupil D: (17/17) (F16) Fire (40/40)
Journeyman A: (21/21) (I1) Hatchet (35/35)
Journeyman B: (21/21) (M8) Hatchet (35/35)
Journeyman C: (21/21) (L16) Hatchet (35/35) 
Journeyman D: (21/21) (J11) Hatchet (35/35)
Journeyman E: (21/21) (F15) Hatchet (35/35)
Recruit A: (21/21) (L4) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit B: (21/21) (N11) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit C: (21/21) (N18) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit D: (21/21) (H17) Slim Lance (35/35)
Recruit E: (16/21) (F11) Slim Lance (35/35)
Alunda Freya: (20/20) (N5) Iron Rapier (40/40) Vulnerary (3/3)

Players: Health, Location, Weapon
Chance: (19/19) (E4) Heal (30/30) Vulnerary (3/3)
Doran Kearn: (21/21) (F9) Hatchet (28/35) Vulnerary (3/3)
Mercadier: (19/19) (F5) Slim Lance (29/35) Vulnerary (3/3)
Tekeshi: (18/18) (G7) Slim Sword (33/35) Vulnerary (2/3) 
Viola Sonnen: (18/18) (E6) Fire (38/40) Vulnerary (2/3)

Allies: Health, Location, Weapon
Zentilin: (19/19) (E5) Bolo Knife -1 (35/40) Flux (37/40)E Vulnerary (3/3) Lockpick (14/15)

Prisoners: Health, Location, Weapon
Vivianne: (15/15) (F10)
Prisoner A: (10/10) (K15)
Prisoner B: (10/10) (M15)

EXP:
2/100 

CUTE_HAT.png

"Oh greetings!" Vivi puts a hand on her hat as she ducks under Doran's axe, looks behind her and sees it hit. She turns back to Doran with a thumbs up. "This hat belongs to the one and only Vivianne an illusionist the world has not seen the likes of. And probably never will! Pray thee, you plan on escaping? I the spectacular Vivi would need the help of able bodied fighters to make my daring escape. So if you are offering to be one of these fighters, and hope to get out of here I will gladly take you as an assistant!"

CUTE_HAT.png

"Correct!" Vivi snaps her fingers forward. And then she twirls and with one hand on her hat and the other stretched forward palm open she says. "But if you help me, I must in turn help you. I Vivi the stellar, as the greatest illusionist that this world has ever heard will perform for all of you. But as an illusionist I require an assistant. And since you just offered to help me, you can fill this role as an assistant. Do you accept?" 

OhWhgDc.png

Chance snickered at the little situation Doran had gotten himself into. Apparently... these kidnappers really like crazy people. Wait... did that mean she was CRAZY?!? Probably not... clearly they just needed a maid. For what reason though... who knew. Chance certainly didn't. She walked up behind Doran and tapped him on the shoulder. "Looks you found another crazy person for your gang! You guys just attract weirdos huh?"

Move to F8

OhWhgDc.png
"Well, l would've, but you agreed to help her already. l'm afraid my hands are tied~ After all, don't promise strange women things if you don't mean to keep them!" She smiled, and gave Doran a reassuring thumbs up. She would've helped him out honestly, but he did agree to it. lt wasn't her job to bail him out anymore. "l'll cheer for you!" she said shaking around the featherduster she was still carrying around like a pom pom. 

While the other ones in the group ran off and began to... banter in the distance, the knight glanced back to their roguish benefactor, his expression unreadable,

jSgGsTJ.png

"I'm inclined to agree with the boy," he said,

7YQyExq.png

"afterall, it's easy for you to stand there and just say 'leave them'. You haven't been forced to live as a slave for the past all these months. You haven't seen your family or companions worked to death and their bodies discarded like broken tools. Nor have you seen the type of sicknesses that occasionally tear through your fellow workers and leave even more bodies in their wakes."

jSgGsTJ.png

"But you and I are not the same. I can not leave these people to their fate without, at the very least, trying. And if, by some chance, I fail, or it proves to be impossible for all of us to get out of this hell... then so be it. If I cannot save them, I will avenge them instead... but one way or another, I will not stand by and do nothing at all.

Xr2utS0.png

"But you know, getting out of here alive and springing them as well may actually be feasible... if you lent us your help," with that said, he turned and began to walk away, 

7YQyExq.png

"So, make your decision, rogue. The boy and I have made ours."

He did not wait for the man's response. His words meant nothing to him at this point; his actions would provide all the answers Mercadier needed. 

G6