Pokemon Full Moon Blind Run (Complete)

Filthy Casual

2 minutes ago, Alilatias said:

I should warn you about something too, something that might potentially break your game.

Later on, there's a part where you are assigned one of three tasks of your choice. Stay with your assigned task. Or, explore, but don't save if you notice anything weird going on. I ventured out of my task area, ignored the plot characters standing in the way, and went towards one of the other two areas. By mining a specific rock in the other area, the game suddenly had me initiate dialogue with a different character that wasn't supposed to be with me. I thought my game broke afterwards, but then I left the area through a different entrance that is normally walled off, and the game proceeded as if I had chosen that specific task instead of the one I actually chose. I don't know if similar glitches are present in the other two paths, but I wouldn't risk it at all.

Thanks for the heads up! It's kind of a shame to hear that happens, but hopefully that bug gets fixed in the future.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Alilatias said:

The only thing I can do is go capture the legendaries in the area, which I'm fairly sure is optional.

If the legendaries you're referring to are the ones I think you're referring to, you actually do have to capture or defeat them to proceed with the story. If I remember correctly, the characters were also absent from the overworld during that segment. I didn't feel like resetting so many times to capture the legendaries, so I tried to seek out the characters in the hope I could just ignore the legendaries, but you get a call from Orchedy after catching or defeating the last one and the game proceeds from there. 

aghkaldfjlka WHY

Oh well, I'll just KO them all and be on my way. If there's one thing this game is making me appreciate, it's the fact that it's forcing me to realize I'm never going to use most of the legendaries that the game forces you to fight throughout the story anyway, and that I shouldn't really bother trying to catch the ones I'm not even remotely interested in if I'm running low on Master Balls. >_>

Edited by Alilatias

Well, you can find plenty of master balls during your journey. I do not know if I found all of them, but I had 9 in total before finishing the last Episode.

So, even when you catch all legendaries that are currently in the game, there is only one reward for catching a certain group of them. I do not want to spoil that yet... 

I am not aware if any other rewards might be in the game, but at least I could not find any. 

Also be careful when fighting with or against Gen7 Mons. Some of the abilities/moves do not work like intended yet or could cause error messages. Should you ever fight against Alolan Ratticates at some point, you either need to kill them twice or flee from them. 

Chapter 24: This...

After defeating Chan in a battle, we resolved to head out to the next town, where Ariëtta's gym was taken over by someone who is apparently evil... I guess...

...anyway, we learned that we couldn't proceed, since there were poisonous plants in the way. We would have to find Lumos's ex-girlfriend in the woods on the other side of the country...

...yay?

Still, we at least got this:

B8V15Va.png

Along the way back, we even found this:

HlapXUc.png

Either way, we were about to head into the woods, where we saw some guards blocking the path. With logic and reasoning, however, we were able to-

5xUnTYx.png

...okay, then. I guess they're trying to make the ground leader important...

Still, we managed to make it into the rainforest. After running into the Absolite, we found the person we were looking for!

Spoiler

7e6GNxX.png

Funny enough, this is only the third custom image we've seen all game. It's kind of jarring it took them so long to make consistent images, but I still appreciate the effort. They look great.

Sky, the ex-girlfriend, agreed to help us if we could help her find her brother. We agreed, heading deeper in the rainforest, where we found...

...well, I couldn't find anything for the longest time, to be honest. I got really lost! That's why it took me so long to upload this part. It's not the game's fault, either. I kept walking in circles like an idiot. It's my own fault it took me so long to navigate through the forest.

At the end of the forest, however, we found something admittedly pretty promising.

uFUkrOp.png

Look at that! Original and unique designs! Once again, this showcases the game at its strongest. When everything isn't a recolor, more life is put into the game.

Regardless, while looking for her brother, we ran into a Team Lightning base! While exploring, we found two things:

Spoiler

First, a new team member!

hRlIYNU.png

When we get out, 420 (Venusaur) is going to get replaced. I will probably post a montage of 420's greatest moments, as I'm legitimately going to miss him. I just enjoy Muk more, and Alolan Muk is quite the capable fighter.

We also found a-

v4wfd0g.png

GOD DAMN IT!

When you give someone multiple chances to get an extremely rare item, it completely diminishes their value. Take the Holographic Charizard card, for example. It wouldn't cost so much or feel as special if the Pokemon Company handed out many of them.

While making our way through the base, we discovered a master control panel. When we tried to press it, however, we were confronted by none other than Sam.

k1FgtTa.png

It was time for a fight!

Spoiler

Zh8xhEq.png

kCOtTsu.png

The battle begins with Fodder decimating the Houndoom with Diamond Storm.

ED5ng7W.png

Achilles attempts to KO with Freeze Dry, but Aurorus outspeeds and KOs with Freeze Dry...

...honestly, the whole episode was just me making bad decisions.

XstDnbs.png

420 mega evolves and KOs with Petal Dance.

rfiS3aB.png

Salamence mega evolves and attempts to Crunch 420 to death. However, he breaks through the Petal Dance enhanced confusion and gets off his Sleep Powder and Leech Seed combo. Salamence ends up taking 420 down, but he does his job.

0LRBCdJ.png

As Hobbes is about to KO with his second Extremespeed, Salamence gets a Full Restore (WHY). Hobbes eventually goes down, but Salamence sustains heavy damage.

DSECDYv.png

Fodder easily decimates.

HOoz7UZ.png

Fodder survives the Water Pulse and almost KOs with Moonblast. This prompts Greninja to switch to Emboar.

pEZQhTC.png

Fodder is forced to make a switch.

zzuihzl.png

Ira sets up two Calm Minds before knocking Emboar out.

qRkLUwj.png

Greninja goes down without a fight.

YUW2gA4.png

Come on, now. I misplayed like hell, and you still lost.

Next time, we're going to continue our raid on Team Lightning, while I try not to lose my bearings!

Current Team

Spoiler

WvseRQ7.png

15 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

Chapter 24: This...

After defeating Chan in a battle, we resolved to head out to the next town, where Ariëtta's gym was taken over by someone who is apparently evil... I guess...

...anyway, we learned that we couldn't proceed, since there were poisonous plants in the way. We would have to find Lumos's ex-girlfriend in the woods on the other side of the country...

...yay?

Still, we at least got this:

B8V15Va.png

Along the way back, we even found this:

HlapXUc.png

Either way, we were about to head into the woods, where we saw some guards blocking the path. With logic and reasoning, however, we were able to-

5xUnTYx.png

...okay, then. I guess they're trying to make the ground leader important...

Still, we managed to make it into the rainforest. After running into the Absolite, we found the person we were looking for!

Hide contents

7e6GNxX.png

Funny enough, this is only the third custom image we've seen all game. It's kind of jarring it took them so long to make consistent images, but I still appreciate the effort. They look great.

Sky, the ex-girlfriend, agreed to help us if we could help her find her brother. We agreed, heading deeper in the rainforest, where we found...

...well, I couldn't find anything for the longest time, to be honest. I got really lost! That's why it took me so long to upload this part. It's not the game's fault, either. I kept walking in circles like an idiot. It's my own fault it took me so long to navigate through the forest.

At the end of the forest, however, we found something admittedly pretty promising.

uFUkrOp.png

Look at that! Original and unique designs! Once again, this showcases the game at its strongest. When everything isn't a recolor, more life is put into the game.

Regardless, while looking for her brother, we ran into a Team Lightning base! While exploring, we found two things:

Hide contents

First, a new team member!

hRlIYNU.png

When we get out, 420 (Venusaur) is going to get replaced. I will probably post a montage of 420's greatest moments, as I'm legitimately going to miss him. I just enjoy Muk more, and Alolan Muk is quite the capable fighter.

We also found a-

v4wfd0g.png

GOD DAMN IT!

When you give someone multiple chances to get an extremely rare item, it completely diminishes their value. Take the Holographic Charizard card, for example. It wouldn't cost so much or feel as special if the Pokemon Company handed out many of them.

While making our way through the base, we discovered a master control panel. When we tried to press it, however, we were confronted by none other than Sam.

k1FgtTa.png

It was time for a fight!

Hide contents

Zh8xhEq.png

kCOtTsu.png

The battle begins with Fodder decimating the Houndoom with Diamond Storm.

ED5ng7W.png

Achilles attempts to KO with Freeze Dry, but Aurorus outspeeds and KOs with Freeze Dry...

...honestly, the whole episode was just me making bad decisions.

XstDnbs.png

420 mega evolves and KOs with Petal Dance.

rfiS3aB.png

Salamence mega evolves and attempts to Crunch 420 to death. However, he breaks through the Petal Dance enhanced confusion and gets off his Sleep Powder and Leech Seed combo. Salamence ends up taking 420 down, but he does his job.

0LRBCdJ.png

As Hobbes is about to KO with his second Extremespeed, Salamence gets a Full Restore (WHY). Hobbes eventually goes down, but Salamence sustains heavy damage.

DSECDYv.png

Fodder easily decimates.

HOoz7UZ.png

Fodder survives the Water Pulse and almost KOs with Moonblast. This prompts Greninja to switch to Emboar.

pEZQhTC.png

Fodder is forced to make a switch.

zzuihzl.png

Ira sets up two Calm Minds before knocking Emboar out.

qRkLUwj.png

Greninja goes down without a fight.

YUW2gA4.png

Come on, now. I misplayed like hell, and you still lost.

Next time, we're going to continue our raid on Team Lightning, while I try not to lose my bearings!

Current Team

Hide contents

WvseRQ7.png

Yea. I think it took me like 3 hours to figure out what to do in the forest. But awesome! Can't wait to see Alola Muk on your team sometime in the future! ^_^

Chapter 25: Rock Bottom

After our battle with Sam, we continued our expedition through the Lightning Base. While looking, we happened to stumble upon Sky's brother!

aRKgtA0.png

What he was doing there was beyond me, but whatever, I guess. With the help of Hobbes (Arcanine), we busted him out of the cage. While looking for the source of the pollution, however, we ran into something far more dangerous...

...monologuing.

lTcNfzY.png

The next part is a bit... unique, to say the least. As such, I'm going to put what happened in the spoilers tab below.

Spoiler

Lavius explained to us the history of Team Lightning. Apparently, even they aren't the leaders. Instead, it's run by some guy (emphasis on "guy", as Lavius refers to said leader as a "he", even if the twist is going to be the leader is still the champion) who disagreed with the practices of Team Light, the old iteration of Team Lightning. Those who didn't like the change eventually formed Team Shadow. It's simple, but it's still nothing we haven't heard a thousand times before. In fact, the plot screams of a Lin rip off. You know, the executive who rises through the ranks and changes the way a team thinks, changing their spirit from one of good intentions to one of malice.

However, if that wasn't enough, this happens:

SzwKZss.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on, man! I already destroyed your Gallade! It's not even a mega! You honestly think you stand a chance?

jFGypy2.png

No, you just suck!

As such, we went to battl-

A0cppEV.png

...I'm not... I beat your team already. In fact, why hasn't the game begun the fight yet?

IudxFHm.png

...is this going to-

iTulhgZ.png

...ladies and gentlemen, we've hit rock bottom for this game. Yes, I think we've finally something that surpasses Luna's and Chan's stupid romance. We've established that we're stronger than Lavius (to be honest, I really didn't need help in that double battle, as Bloody Mary the Froslass could have put in some major work on him). It's also ridiculous to think that Luna just kept her Pokemon inside her Pokeball while all of this was happening. She had plenty of time to send someone out! Ira (Latias) could have walled the Gallade, or perhaps even 420 (Venusaur) if he had fighting moves! With this game, I wouldn't be surprised!

Unlike the beginning of the game, which was just awful writing, to me, this scene is trying to be shocking just because it can. Personally, this screams sellout to me.

TLDR: I didn't like it.

Lavius ended up walking away (thank you restart button), allowing us to continue walking towards the base. We found something horrible at the center...

...a PULSE Muk!

nRVaOrr.png

God damn it, game! Even your fights aren't creative!

You may have noticed that strange man in front of the Muk. That man was none other than Finnian, the newest admin of Team Lightning. As such, we went to battle!

Spoiler

jIISQKV.png

KkdCfdU.png

The battle starts off with Hobbes going for a couple Digs. He goes down, but Muk sustains heavy damage.

ThOwkgk.png

I predict that Mud will get a Full Restore. The prediction comes true, as Mega 420 gets off a Leech Seed and Sleep Powder combo. This allows us to take Muk down.

h6p1zuH.png

This is indeed the last battle 420 is going to have on the team. I'm really going to miss him. He pulled through for us on countless occasions, and will always be remembered for clutching out tough battles. At least he can join the other members, like ICE-enberg (Bergmite), Ribbon (Cresselia), Jordan (Tauros), Original (Zoroark), and Baron (the POWERFUL Staraptor).

We eventually made it out of the base, sabotaging Team Lightning's plans of...

...what was their plan? We never actually saw any lakes be polluted, so did it even work?

Still, we ended up saving the day! Before we decided to continue our adventure, we did three things:

Spoiler

First, we found this neat Mega Stone!

Nu80uMF.png

Second, we got an awesome evolution!

2XpHVrW.png

Finally, we decided to rename Fodder (Diancie) to something more fitting!

2TGxz1h.png

Next time, we will be continuing on with our adventure!

Current Team

Spoiler

a0QxEwa.png

Chapter 26: Eat your Heart Out, Jesus!

After a long walk back to our "friends", we were finally able to move the toxic plants out of the way! How could we have solved the problem, you may asked?

WATER!

UaUviWM.png

We eventually decided to head into the city, where we discovered why Achilles (Swampert) is truly the best Pokemon:

Spoiler

XoMaN5r.png

You know how Jesus can walk on water? SWAMPERT CAN SWIM THROUGH LAND!

547lDIb.png

kgOUZNF.png

This glitch happens when you talk to certain people. However, you will happen to run into Wailmer and Tentacruel every few steps, so be careful.

We eventually found Arietta's gym, where...

jgpGIut.png

Oh, come on, Ariëtta! It's no different from where we fought! You should be thankful!

Seriously, though, we decided to confront Noxia about the issue. Along the way, we found something neat, however...

Spoiler

...a Battle Bond Greninja!

VnPl1gO.png

Eventually, we found Noxia, who is none other than another recolor!

almlQu0.png

We eventually made it through her gym, where we found Noxia was waiting for us.

pYmw4wn.png

There was only one problem, however...

...I FORGOT TO HEAL!

Spoiler

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

1cxTzRD.png

Also, COME ON, GAME!

3Z1lAkV.png

The battle begins with Mary lowering Dragalge's health with Ice Beam. However, one Draco Meteor decimates Mary.

5DX2Ssf.png

Ira comes out and sets up six Calm Minds. You can guess what happens next...

IsxFppq.png

I'm not even going to bother putting up a gag picture. Instead, I'm going to be serious for a bit: Noxia's team is awful. There's only one Dark/Poison type to counter Psychic types, and it's Drapion. You could have gotten Skuntank if you wanted to troll with Explosion, or at least an Alolan Muk, but no, it had to be Drapion? Really?

After our win, Noxia decided to reward us with...

...A KNOCK OFF ANGIE DIMENSION!

IqTBqnI.png

...you're not even trying, game...

Next time, we'll be looking for a way out of this dimension!

Current Team

Spoiler

zIF9rk4.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

Chapter 27: Cops - the Everia Chronicles

After being teleported to Angie's Noxia's dimension, we continued to explore. Eventually, however, we ran into Noxia at the top, who was holding Ariëtta captive...

JR32gFF.png

...WITH A GARUFAN DOOR!

However, Noxia wasn't done. She had one last Shyamalan-esque twist left!

Q0glLDd.png

I know. You're-

3O2YzRR.png

...oh, shit, I forgot about you! Now I'm happy again!

We eventually continued upward, where we found Arietta within a dimension of time and space. When we made it to her, Scuros began to question us.

dn7XqPp.png

Oh, you mean the artifact that traps-

HICzX4n.png

SHIT!

Spoiler

VIzlg4F.png

T20NuoN.png

The battle begins with Hobbes getting blown away by a Hydro Pump from Palkia. However, Mary uses Destiny Bond. She goes down to a Fire Blast from Dialga, but manages to take it down with her.

OKqfoxu.png

Palkia fortunately goes for Achilles instead of Gemini. Achilles goes down, allowing Gemini to get off a Moonblast.

C8uQxUq.png

Ira outspeeds and hits a Dragon Pulse. While she goes down to Spacial Rend, Gemini KOs the Palkia with Moonblast.

7NBLvZ7.png

That would have been close to impossible if it weren't for Mary (Froslass).

Needless to say, Dialga and Palkia weren't too thrilled with being mind controlled by Scuros. They eventually took out their frustrations on him. However, we were still trapped in an unknown dimension. Luckily, we had a savior: Djin Tim, our Hoopa!

y5ATlXt.png

He managed to escape from the box in order to help us out! Djin Tim teleported us out of the dimension, allowing us to continue our adventure. We were even invited to participate in another double battle for a gym badge!

RTK15pD.png

Before we decided to inform our friends, we got a few things done.

Spoiler

First, we found another Mega Stone!

zGMpdvA.png

Second, we found the Move Relearner!

vIHkJYG.png

With Knock Off and Crunch, Slurp (Alolan Muk) is going to... to...

pDOQBVs.png

WHAT THE HELL?!

Knock Off is supposed to have 65 Power. Why would you put an unnecessary nerf on something that doesn't need it? YOU MADE IT ALMOST AS WEAK AS BUBBLE!

After getting those errands done, we decided to inform our friends about our next task: to find our next gym-

kkw58iE.png

GOD DAMN IT!

JVqGWmS.png

As it turns out, police aren't fine with us murdering people. Before anyone says anything; yes, we did kill those grunts in the castle (even if most of them were from Kain). The news even stated that we were the bad guys as we were leaving. I remember Chan even saying that we should go into hiding! It's a miracle we weren't arrested sooner!

Still, we found someone else's mega stone.

UJjfPVe.png

Next time, we'll find a way out of the prison!

Current Team

Spoiler

GD9m4Hh.png

24 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Re: Knock Off. I don't think Full Moon changed its base power, I think it's whatever version of Essentials Full Moon uses. Knock Off was also 20 power in Spork until someone noticed and I fixed it. 

Interesting. The more you know, I suppose. I still have yet to play Spork. Perhaps I'll try it out soon...

Chapter 27: The City of Lost Patience

...I'm not sure how much more nonsense I can take. This game is starting to feel even more like a chore than it already did...

Luna started her day off by getting arrested in the back of a car. Where did we end up?

IN FUCKING REBORN CITY!

We were given the job to clean up after the city. Apparently, Kain was in charge of monitoring our progress. As such, he wouldn't let us do anything until we cleaned up the whole sewer, because what's more riveting gameplay than pressing C a lot?!

However, we decided to say "screw that", exploring the city anyway...

...thus breaking the game.

AoOPdAY.png

You see this cutscene? My guess is that it's supposed to happen if you select that you want to become a miner. This is because an invisible Redi taunts us for being a miner (even though we clearly were told to be cleaners), thus prompting an invisible Nello to give us a mining kit. However, since there are no models, we never receive the mining kit, meaning Luna is stuck in that position for the rest of eternity.

Of course, when resetting, I also happened to forget to save!

I'm growing really sick of playing this. If it weren't for the fact that I love most of my team (except for Slurp the Alolan Muk, since he hasn't been on the team for that long), I would have straight up quit.

Regarless, we cleaned up the sewers, only for Kain to send us to find a woman named Manth, who I guess has been like a mother to Orchedy...

...that's right. Orchedy and Nello are here, too. I'm guessing the story forgot about them for a bit, because they don't really have a reason for being there other than "We were captured." I would have loved to know how and why, but whatever... we still got Toxic!

kaoYMTa.png

We were unfortunately told that Radius had been invading their area. The prisoners, however, decided they had enough of his crap, resulting in them...

...making us solve the problem.

With the help of Orchedy, Ariëtta, and Manth, we rushed over to a warehouse, where we found...

...CHAN.

6dSzWq7.png

Orchedy was inside the house, observing another Pokemon stuck in those tubes (were they given a name?). This time, however, it was an Electivire! It ultimately wasn't much of a fight. Achilles (Swampert) took him out with ease. That's when things got interesting, however...

MMsqlWj.png

...Radius, let me give you some advice. Don't call Chan any names. The last time someone called him an orphan, he tried to kill him. Imagine what would happen if-

id8ANhU.png

nxn7PT6.png

dxQqhk3.png

...seriously, Radius, you don't want to-

e9usN5c.png

bc6sQ29.png

...well, you're fucked.

XSQEpsc.png

To put it nicely, the reason Radius is actually evil is because his ex-wife decided to run off with Chan's parents, people who betrayed Team Lightning. While this ultimately was Radius's downfall, that didn't happen to sit well with Orchedy, who lost a second parent...

...it's just too bad that this was put in a game with such a laughably ridiculous plot...

...where were we? With Team Lightning gone, all we had to do left was free the three legendary dogs from their prison. We couldn't get it done with our bare hands, so we had Hobbes (Arcanine) help us out.

qcn8RKG.png

With them gone...

...oh, who am I kidding, we're going to spend the next few parts looking for Chan, aren't we?

Current Team

Spoiler

tI5bLZY.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

43 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

Chapter 26: The City of Lost Patience

...I'm not sure how much more nonsense I can take. This game is starting to feel even more like a chore than it already did...

Luna started her day off by getting arrested in the back of a car. Where did we end up?

IN FUCKING REBORN CITY!

We were given the job to clean up after the city. Apparently, Kain was in charge of monitoring our progress. As such, he wouldn't let us do anything until we cleaned up the whole sewer, because what's more riveting gameplay than pressing C a lot?!

However, we decided to say "screw that", exploring the city anyway...

...thus breaking the game.

AoOPdAY.png

You see this cutscene? My guess is that it's supposed to happen if you select that you want to become a miner. This is because an invisible Redi taunts us for being a miner (even though we clearly were told to be cleaners), thus prompting an invisible Nello to give us a mining kit. However, since there are no models, we never receive the mining kit, meaning Luna is stuck in that position for the rest of eternity.

Of course, when resetting, I also happened to forget to save!

I'm growing really sick of playing this. If it weren't for the fact that I love most of my team (except for Slurp the Alolan Muk, since he hasn't been on the team for that long), I would have straight up quit.

Regarless, we cleaned up the sewers, only for Kain to send us to find a woman named Manth, who I guess has been like a mother to Orchedy...

...that's right. Orchedy and Nello are here, too. I'm guessing the story forgot about them for a bit, because they don't really have a reason for being there other than "We were captured." I would have loved to know how and why, but whatever... we still got Toxic!

kaoYMTa.png

We were unfortunately told that Radius had been invading their area. The prisoners, however, decided they had enough of his crap, resulting in them...

...making us solve the problem.

With the help of Orchedy, Ariëtta, and Manth, we rushed over to a warehouse, where we found...

...CHAN.

6dSzWq7.png

Orchedy was inside the house, observing another Pokemon stuck in those tubes (were they given a name?). This time, however, it was an Electivire! It ultimately wasn't much of a fight. Achilles (Swampert) took him out with ease. That's when things got interesting, however...

MMsqlWj.png

...Radius, let me give you some advice. Don't call Chan any names. The last time someone called him an orphan, he tried to kill him. Imagine what would happen if-

id8ANhU.png

nxn7PT6.png

dxQqhk3.png

...seriously, Radius, you don't want to-

e9usN5c.png

bc6sQ29.png

...well, you're fucked.

XSQEpsc.png

To put it nicely, the reason Radius is actually evil is because his ex-wife decided to run off with Chan's parents, people who betrayed Team Lightning. While this ultimately was Radius's downfall, that didn't happen to sit well with Orchedy, who lost a second parent...

...it's just too bad that this was put in a game with such a laughably ridiculous plot...

...where were we? With Team Lightning gone, all we had to do left was free the three legendary dogs from their prison. We couldn't get it done with our bare hands, so we had Hobbes (Arcanine) help us out.

qcn8RKG.png

With them gone...

...oh, who am I kidding, we're going to spend the next few parts looking for Chan, aren't we?

Current Team

Hide contents

tI5bLZY.png

Actually, I believe you'll be first be searching for the dogs. I only "spoil" this now because I'm like 98% sure that's what you're supposed to do right after this. But anyways, yay! You're back at this! :D  Missed reading more parts of this.

WAIT YOU CAN GET CRESCELLIA?!? Now I'm legit mad. The game keeps spamming messages for when you want to do something outside of the story range to make sure you follow the story and then they do this. I really dislike this kind of game design.

Also I just finished episode 1, so please don't spoil too hard when replying to this.

1 hour ago, FairFamily said:

WAIT YOU CAN GET CRESCELLIA?!? Now I'm legit mad. The game keeps spamming messages for when you want to do something outside of the story range to make sure you follow the story and then they do this. I really dislike this kind of game design.

Also I just finished episode 1, so please don't spoil too hard when replying to this.

Yeah, it confuses me, as well. All I'll say is that I also look forward to hearing what you think about the game, as it's always fun to hear another perspective.

Edited by Filthy Casual

Legendary with recover? check! Calm mind? check! Psyshock? Check! Leftovers? Check! A bunch of coverage moves? Check! Time to break this game. Honestly what are they thinking? RIP the 20 great/ultra balls and trapinch you were extremely valuable against Reshiram. I also don't get why they even consider giving us a thrid psychic legendary. In return we see the revival of the obligatory stealth section for some reason and the obligatory you win NOT moment.

Well I just got to the fourth(?) time related block in the game, just before the gym leader party. The fact that they block the plot progression based on clock just basffles me it makes no sense. In fact because of this you could easily miss some dialogue when waiting for the letter while trying to enter Nello's room. Apparantly he and girlfriend need some privacy which also explains the reason why the two are a bit further away from Chan and Arietta. It is too highlight/showcase their relation. I have to dissagree with the father dialogue though. He may profile his character but it is the most cliché dialogue you can get. Also mom your fight with your mother you were lucky: Infernape has punishment : which with two calm minds would have hit suppereffective with a basepower of 140. Also Mom is a cheat, hitmontop can't learn bite and machoke can't learn crunch.

At this point this game reminds me of Rejuvenation a bit, a butload of legendaries, victories that don't matter and one sided advantages.

I've been reading this thread for some time now and I've been enjoying it. Out of all the RPG Maker games, this one would have to be my least favourite. Not only does the game throw so many powerful Pokemon at you for doing very little, but there's a whole lot of pointless romance in the game. The other games dealt with romance in a more mature manner, in my opinion.

I will say this. While the game might not live up to the moment with Rejuv and Reborn and it's stupid and nonsense half the time... I still love it. I know you haven't gotten through all of it yet (or maybe you have. You just haven't posted it up yet.) but it's just impossible for me to say this is a horrible game. Yea you get legendaries like their Pidgeys. Yea you get TM's like you at the Golden Rod City Department Store. Yea they rip off characters from other games. But... Idk. The story is still new and, at least to me, is good. It intrigues me to want to keep playing. Maybe it's just because I'm like a huge Pokémon fanboy but as long as I can understand the dialogue (I know they have misspelled words or the wrong grammar but it's better than some of the other fan made game I've played) and see the new region and everything, I just can't hate it. And don't worry. I'm not one of those people that are like "Omg! You need to love this game! If you don't, you're stupid and blah blah blah." Everyone has their own opinions and I'm ok with that. But yea. There's my rant for this I suppose. Haha. I can't wait to see you post the rest of this up. Really excited to see what you have to say for the rest of the game that's here so far. ^_^

Chapter 28: A Serious Discussion

After Chan ran away like a coward, Luna was tasked with finding the other legendary beasts. It took a while, but we eventually cornered and captured each of them!

Spoiler

legdSir.png

YMRS4OT.png

SpJbFfG.png

But that's not all! While searching for the beasts, we found something even more amazing!

fyfyisS.png

HOLY SHIT YES!!!!

xBRDJwA.png

I'll be recoloring this Grimer sprite soon to match the color scheme of ESPN's trashy channel. This means Slurp (Alolan Muk) is leaving. He didn't do anything, so it's not a huge loss. Yes, Alolan Muk is technically better, but I like regular Muk more.

After catching each of the beasts, we decided to meet up with the others in the sewers. Orchedy told us that Chan, being the coward he is, ran away on his Dragonite, not wanting to confront the fact that he was a murderer. This seemed to devastate Luna, who still inexplicably has feelings for him. However, everything became much better when Manth told us this:

jNtFUPC.png

YES PLEASE!

We headed over to the gym, where the puzzle was essentially a guessing game. After completing the puzzle, it was time to battle!

Spoiler

4qLzofm.png

It's bad enough that this game rips off Reborn and Rejuvenation, but it's even worse when they choose to use Satan Victoria...

eQ7hOgX.png

The battle begins with Achilles whittling down Crustle with a couple Surfs. This causes him to switch out.

W2zQ3Qm.png

Luckily, Yanmega goes down to a Rock Slide. However, Achilles barely has any HP left. He is forced to switch out.

mTvpw2r.png

Gemini mega evolves, taking out Volcarona with a Diamond Storm.

is0olWW.png

One Diamond Storm doesn't take down the Vikavolt. However, it hits Gemini back with a Thunderbolt, knocking her out.

0PU9ccT.png

Hobbes is fortunately able to KO with a Flamethrower.

CBq78EN.png

Ira finishes off Crustle with a Psychic.

41t2h1h.png

Rather than fight Golisopod directly, Ira goes for Healing Wish, bringing Achilles back to near full health (CURSE YOU SPIKES).

HEVYjjm.png

Achilles flinches Golisopod to death with Rock Slide.

aYrRkzc.png

Bloody Mary ends the fight with a Destiny Bond.

HyKAAwV.png

Easy.

But that's not all! We even got another evolution!

gJadaZX.png

With another win down, we received the Michael Bay Badge!

b5S3gIN.png

In addition, we received access to U-Turn!

WCeGN2a.png

Before I end this episode, it's time I have a serious talk with all of you. You may have noticed that I've been posting less on this project. I actually have a question for you: how many episodes are left after this one ends? I'm getting to the point where I just want to focus my energies elsewhere. This game just doesn't fancy my tastes, and I don't want to continue to be negative each week. If it's one or two more episodes before this version ends, I'm fine with that, as that's not too much content (in comparison to the rest of the game). However, I still want to hear from all of you what you think. I'm sorry if I sound negative, but that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Next time, we'll be tackling Team Lightning at the police station!

Current Team

Spoiler

fi5Yxfa.png

• Global Mods

There's one more gym battle after Manth in the current version. There's a little more content after that gym battle.

As an advance note, there's also going to be an extremely frustrating tile puzzle in ep 9 content. I couldn't even solve it myself, I had to play in debug mode and press control to walk through the wall. Looking up what the puzzle is supposed to look like in Graphics -> Pictures -> Tile Puzzles doesn't even help, and you'll see why if you decide to continue playing.

Re: sprites. The creator has actually addressed their use of Reborn and Rejuvenation's sprites, since when the Full Moon thread was first posted here, there were some people who were angry about him recoloring those. 

gE6ZLJ3uRJyx4iu9yTYE4A.png

According to other posts in the Full Moon thread, he asked for permission and also gave credit (can confirm the second part as it's mentioned on his website).

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Re: sprites. The creator has actually addressed their use of Reborn and Rejuvenation's sprites, since when the Full Moon thread was first posted here, there were some people who were angry about him recoloring those. 

gE6ZLJ3uRJyx4iu9yTYE4A.png

According to other posts in the Full Moon thread, he asked for permission and also gave credit (can confirm the second part as it's mentioned on his website).

Okay, that's good to know. I wish I saw that before I started playing. I honestly thought the creator hadn't credited the creators (honestly don't know how I missed that quote). It's still extremely jarring to me, but at least I can be much more merciful (as if my opinion matters lol).

Also, sorry Esteban if you're reading this! Don't take what some idiot on the internet has to say to heart. There's my opinions at the end of the day, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Chapter 29: The Lament of Louis

Before we begin the episode, I would like to take a brief moment to acknowledge the fact that last episode, I caught a shiny Pokemon. However, I've never been a fan of that shiny's color scheme. As such, I took the liberty to change it. Say hello once more to our newest member!

Spoiler

NdSE0Cm.png

Meet the world wide leader in sports, as well as one of the most toxic news stations to exist!

Eventually, we decided to invade the police station, where Team Lightning was hiding. As we began exploring the base, however, we happened to find an unwelcome face...

jHTzFGC.png

X6ijqil.png

Without hesitation, we began to fight!

Spoiler

PCB5zRo.png

h0n1O5p.png

The battle begins with Hobbes trying to get the burn. That unfortunately doesn't work, and he goes down.

FKAp8gg.png

Gemini mega evolves, bringing down Hydreigon with a Moonblast.

BwsgmCO.png

Achilles is able to tank and KO with an Earthquake.

1WDhQPm.png

Unfortunately, ESPN misses the Gunk Shot, getting burned. Even worse, as he heals up, Ludicolo is switched out for Bisharp.

nx8ybz6.png

ESPN gets off as much damage as he can with Brick Break, but he unfortunately goes down.

Ak0V21V.png

Luckily, one Earthquake takes down Bisharp.

1lPRU8X.png

Ira is able to tank Ludicolo's attacks, Kling with Psychic.

WgIF7pO.png

Despite the enormous power increase, Tyranitar gets Destiny Bonded sealing the victory.

Kuv8Viw.png

Good! There's no reason you shouldn't have six Pokemon at this point!

As we continued through the base, we discovered that Team Lightning had been experimenting on the prisoners. Of course, you would think that would mean someone like Looker would join our side, but you would be very wrong.

RuWgcKu.png

While Looker's a moron for doing this, I'll give this game some credit. A single-minded cop is an interesting enough character, and something we haven't seen too much of in Pokemon fan games (police officer, not authority figure, otherwise we'd have the Augur). Let's just see how his team is in comparison...

Spoiler

RMmejTb.png

gR4oEuV.png

The battle begins with Ira setting up six Calm Minds. She walls the Magnezone to death.

3HPamjK.png

Ira is able to decimate Stoutland with a Psychic.

E6XUAY4.png

Not only does Greninja get the flinch with the Dark Pulse, but he then KOs with a critical Gunk Shot (FUCK YOU GRENINJA).

8sp7gRO.png

Luckily, Achilles is able to save the day once more, KOing with Earthquake.

1iLcItp.png

It takes a while due to Arcanine burning Achilles, but he eventually takes the Arcanine down.

5J5vxYD.png

Hobbes returns the favor by burning Mega Steelix. Earthquake doesn't KO, allowing a Flamethrower to finish the job next turn.

BUFAeUY.png

ESPN gets off a quick Toxic before going down.

x0sex24.png

Achilles is easily able to wall Lycanroc into submission.

xcZ477s.png

xSMePHx.png

You're a moron. I feel as if TheKingNappy would feel extremely thrilled with kicking your ass...

...but seriously, Looker's team is neat! I personally would have preferred if Greninja was replaced with Toxicroak (he had a Croagunk in D/P/P) and Mega Steelix was replaced with Mega Audino (as he had the mega stone for Audino on him for ORAS), but if the creator was looking to make a challenging fight, then this team was fitting.

Our rampage continued until we reached the center of the base. There, we discovered everyone hiding away.

x75ZhEW.png

Lavia was extremely mad at us for defeating her minions. She decided to call her new servant, Louis, to defend her. This made me furious. Another new admin?! Why would they need another one?! There's no reason to-

yOm5qYs.png

JnxGPt2.png

HOLY SHIT!

I didn't elude to this, but as we entered the prison, it was alluded to that a prisoner was being brainwashed into believing his name was Louis. As it turns out, that prisoner was Kain's father. I don't think I have to go into how messed up this whole situation is. We had no choice to but to engage in a rematch!

Spoiler

qcS34oH.png

EKSK4hy.png

The battle begins with a horrible mismatch. Gemini is essentially sacrificed.

lhXt1RL.png

Ira is able to bring down Roserade to the red. however, she is switched out for Serperior.

4fwcBpQ.png

Serperior tries to KO with Dragon Pulse. Fortunately, Ira is able to finish the job with a Dragon Pulse first.

W54Z7Nf.png

In the rematch of the century...

...oh, who am I kidding? It's not even a fight!

S5k5nNj.png

Mary is able to decimate with an Ice Beam.

UcsiHgA.png

Another Ice Beam decimates Alolan Exeggutor.

rQhVNdp.png

One more Ice Beam crushes Roserade.

WNk8tDn.png

Lurantis (who is at a huge level jump of 79) lives an Ice Beam to get off a Petal Blizzard. However, it's not enough.

Z5tHCer.png

I'm sorry!

After defeating our comrade, Team Lightning decided they didn't want anything with either us or our friends. They threw us out of the prison, and...

1PlKJrc.png

This has been my least favorite episode so far, as many of you can tell. It was nothing more than a giant chore. However, to the game's credit, that plot twist was awesome! Next time, we'll be continuing on with the story!

Current Team

Spoiler

lpLiJcD.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

Chapter 30: "Maybe if you Ask Enough Times..."

After our little escapade with Team Lightning, we decided that it was time to leave the city. Now, it would be up to us to head down to Kepler City and attain the next gym badge. However, during that meeting, Luna ended up saying something that has made me smile nonstop!

jMon7sH.png

That's right! She broke up with overly attached boyfriend Chan! Today, America has won!

First, however, we had to drop Nello off at the academy...

...wait, isn't that the worst place possible? Team Lightning's Elia is currently the principal of the school! We're just giving him to them on a silver platter!

Regardless of that nonsense, along the way, Luna ran into none other than Olvin.

760zsg5.png

Olvin made another pointless attempt to coax us into Team Shadow. Of course, given how he tried to kill Shaymin, we said no...

...and then he asked again...

...and again...

...and AGAIN!

Needless to say, we were forced to say yes, which I personally find ridiculous. For me, I'm immersed in a video game when I find the actions and decisions of the character to be believable. However, in this case, I'm only joining him so he can let me access the next area!

Regardless, we eventually dropped off Nello at the academy, moving onward to Kepler City. There, we found Lumos and Sky once more! Luna informed everyone that she became an admin of Team Shadow, and because of course, everyone just seemed to accept it as if it was a perfectly normal reaction (I'm giving Sky and her brother a pass since they aren't aware of what Team Shadow has done, but Lumos liking them because "there's a ghost guy" is silly). Still, we were given another task!

tmNEYFt.png

Along the way to the temple, we discovered a couple things:

Spoiler

First, remember how I said Achilles (Swampert) could swim through land? As it turns out, Luna is the second coming of Jesus Christ!

20aQRkA.png

This is a little glitch that occurs if you walk off the above ledge. It's just really silly to see. However, that's not the biggest change. We picked up another team member from the box.

Um2m0se.png

That's right, this means Gemini (Diancie) is leaving the team. I've just gotten bored with using her, and never got around to using Chespin. Chesnaught in particular is my second favorite starter of all time, so I'm excited to have him on the team.

After our evolutions, we decided to investigate the temple. However, we instead ran into Olvin being harassed by a mysterious trainer...

NWn5p0n.png

Oh, this will be interesting! I wonder what the creator has Gold using. Only one way to find out, as it was time for a fight!

Spoiler

cunv3AE.png

Disclaimer: Olvin, I appreciate that your team has gotten better, but you still suck.

7F1vqjr.png

HOLY SHIT, YES! I had a Sudowoodo and Typhlosion on my main team...

...anyway, the battle begins with Ira hitting Typhlosion with a Psychic. This nerfs Eruption enough where Vanilluxe isn't knocked out by it. Instead, it hits the Blizzard, freezing Typhlosion. Sudowoodo takes this time to set up Stealth Rocks. Eventually, Typhlosion goes down while Vanilluxe is switched out, causing Sudowoodo to miss a Stone Edge.

4dPBqWP.png

A good choice, but I never used an Ambipom. Oh, well...

Cryononal goes for a Blizzard while Ira goes for a Psychic on Ambipom. Ambipom goes down, but Sudowoodo takes out Cryogonal with a Stone Edge (FUCK YEAH SUDOWOODO).

ZGnCQvu.png

SUNFLORA?! GET THIS TRASH OUT OF HERE!

Ira is able to finish off Sudowoodo while Sunflora takes out Poliwrath (HA, YOU DIED TO A SUNFLORA) with Leaf Storm. Here's where things get a bit strange. Togekiss is sent out next (I also had one of those, hooray). Olvin decides it would be a great idea to send in Vanilluxe. However, with Stealth Rocks...

In7UBGE.png

Also, because the game didn't program Olvin to send in another Pokemon after the turn ends...

vOzuEYu.png

...you can imagine that this doesn't end well for Ira. However, she manages to bring Sunflora down to the red while Togekiss takes out Ira.

3Mav539.png

Juggernaut goes for a Spiky Shield, hoping both will go after him. However, instead, they both target Mightyena. Fortunately, the hail takes down Sunflora.

kDU5lQF.png

I never used Politoed, but that's an excellent last choice.

As you can imagine, this turn doesn't end well for Juggernaut or Scolipede.

vN0JBS0.png

Luckily, the Slowbro (which turns out to be a mega) helps support us by going for...

...Calm Mind...

Come on, Olvin, I need some help here!

Seriously, though, Mary takes down Togekiss with an Ice Beam. However, she then goes down to a critical Scald.

0h57s66.png

While ESPN gets burned by a Scald, he manages to use one more Toxic. This sets up Slowbro to pick up a KO.

u2Y69eC.png

Obviously, I was playing up the Sunflora thing for laughs. However, that fight was still pretty fun! I would replace Sunflora with Belossom or Heracross, but the fight itself was really cool!

Despite his defeat, Gold would not go down without talking to us. He explained why he came to the region.

4OtEisA.png

Apparently, the temple we visited belonged to Zapdos. Olvin was going to capture it for his own nefarious deeds. As such, next time, we'll be trying to stop him!

Current Team

Spoiler

u5tpRru.png

Excellent! Loving this so far! :D Btw, how was the dialogue between Luna and Olvin since you "decided" to join Team Shadow near that part of the story? I remember I chose to join them the first time I was offered and the grunts attacked me to try to stop... Something. I guess it was to not have me know what was going down there but it was just weird.