Pokemon Full Moon Blind Run (Complete)

Filthy Casual

Chapter 21: 420 Blazes Back

After our encounter with Reshiram, we decided to continue onward to the next route. As we were heading out, however, we first had to inform our friends, Ariëtta and Hakon. We told them about our adventures with Team Lightning, and how we defeated Reshiram in battle. This prompted Ariëtta to say this:

7qGiXsR.png

Honestly, this is the worst possible setup for a badge ever. We are fighting is a small train station for a badge, only because she says "Hey, let's fight, lol." Still, the fight couldn't be that hard, right?

Spoiler

Wrong!

FuQU8uL.png

First, DAMN IT GAME, YOU HAD TO RIP OFF VALERIE, TOO?!

X5S7LJq.png

The battle begins with Baron going for a couple Endeavors. This brings Clawitzer down to 23 HP. However, Baron ends up going down.

E9nEjsR.png

Mary gets off a couple Thunderbolts before Clawitzer is forced to switch out.

yglv3Z5.png

Mary gets one good hit in before a Flash Cannon decimates her.

lI2OXVp.png

Achilles manages to put in enough work with Mud Shot. However, he activates a berry boosting Empoleon's Special Attack, allowing it to OHKO with a crit Hydro Pump. At this point, I'm petrified, as I'm sure I am going to lose without KOing one of her Pokemon. However, heroes come in the most unlikely of places.

2H0AJiF.png

420 Mega Evolves and KOs with a Petal Dance.

ZBu6Piw.png

He then KOs the Clawitzer. It's now 4-3.

JGlmZCl.png

Mega Gyarados is actually at a disadvantage here, as it becomes weak to grass in its mega state. Despite hitting Mega 420 with a Dragon Dance boosted Earthquake, 420 lives, breaks through the Petal Dance enhanced confusion, and picks up the KO. It's now 3-3.

O69emdh.png

Of course, since he's locked into Petal Dance, there's no switching out from a Starmie. However, 420 more than proved his worth.

9dWAKCn.png

Ira banks on Starmie not having Ice Beam. Luckily, the prediction is true, allowing her to set up six Calm Minds. She is able to decimate Starmie with a Dragon Breath.

MKmLOul.png

Ita is still able to KO with Psyshock.

Pf6lGzV.png

Ira goes for a Psyshock. It doesn't KO. This causes Golisopod to go for...

...Dark Pulse?

I'm not too familiar with Generation 7, but Golisopod looks like a Physical Attacker. Plus, playing through Rejuvenation, I know it has access to a bug move called First Impression which takes lives. With that in mind, I really hope Ariëtta just made a misplay here, because otherwise, that would have been pathetic.

Ol0alp7.png

Even Ariëtta's sprite screams rip off.

Still, without 420, we would have lost. He is the obvious MVP.

For our efforts in our battle, we received the Overcompensating Badge!

qCAjlvM.png

Seriously, why is there so much on that badge? It doesn't have to be that fancy...

...anyway, we also got a new TM: Rain Dance!

tPBcz21.png

Either way, we continued on with our adventure, where we found a haunted house. As we ventured toward the house, however, we found someone waiting for us: Dinor!

s8W2pOF.png

It was time to fight!

Spoiler

VQxsvFO.png

jwH0DKZ.png

Once again, the battle starts off with a less than stellar matchup. Mary is forced to switch out.

ZYAuYEY.png

Luckily, Achilles is able to pick up a KO with Scald.

diKN6bC.png

Mary goes for an Ice Beam, but it doesn't KO. Instead, Tyrantrum gets off a Dragon Claw before going down.

4LTrROL.png

Here, I make a huge misplay. I go for Sleep Powder, not realizing that Lycanroc has Vital Spirit. Still, Lycanroc eventually goes down to Petal Dance.

WhPCVUR.png

However, since I'm locked into Petal Dance, this gives Aerodactyl enough time to KO.

unXWNiZ.png

Baron is only brought in to get off an Intimidate drop. He goes down, but allows enough time to heal Achilles (Swampert). Achilles then manages to get a burn in on Aerodactyl, crippling it even further. However, it instead opts to switch out while Achilles heals.

8TD59eZ.png

Alolan Golem goes down to a Mud Shot.

TkDPlKa.png

Bloody Mary tries to KO with a priority Ice Shard, but it's not enough. She goes down.

NQUMRVF.png

Luckily, one Extremespeed from Hobbes brings the beast down.

KLQg9IO.png

Ira is brought in to try and paralyze Carracosta with Dragon Breath. It works, but it ends up KOing Ira.

AccA0uF.png

Achilles is still able to KO with Mud Shot (I can't wait for Earthquake).

8DxbGgn.png

Now? Maybe you can give me a badge...?

Seriously, who's the rock leader now? Did they ever find a backup?

After our fight, Dinor tried to taunt us, saying that we would kill him, like how we killed Lavius. However, this caused Luna to say this stellar comeback...

Tcbobd3.png

...wow. Just wow...

After that amazing line of dialogue, however, this prompted Dinor to tell us this:

4lGZRrw.png

That's right! Not-Solaris has passed away! Chan is now the new dragon leader! Strangely enough, Luna doesn't act as if it's a big deal whatsoever. I suppose I'm not surprised, as this game does not do a good job developing personalities, but it's still jarring to see.

Before we entered the house, however, we found a little girl about to be abducted by a Drifloon! We quickly went to save her!

uRhX8lX.png

Afterwards, we entered the house, where we found out that the thing which kidnapped Redi was in fact the ghost leader Scuros!

06TTm2B.png

Again, bravo to whoever did this sprite.

We explored the haunted house a bit, catching new members along the way.

Spoiler

WdMsMJm.png

40SiV5J.png

Eventually, we ran into a strange spirit in the mansion.

rOdOvyV.png

I'm not going to lie; I almost lost here. Luckily, Mary (Froslass) came through for me, but I may actually need to train! Next time, we will be continuing to explore the haunted house!

Current Team

Spoiler

RkOuIQX.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the part I dislike most about this game.Luna and others came to this place to save Redi.
Suddenly why not take 2 gym challenges? Redi can wait.

Why not bring a legendary pokemon Reshiram to get caught by Luna?

Spoiler

There is another gym battle soon.

So basically,It isn't even a priority to save Orchedy's brother,Redi.

These gym battles could have done later in the story.
I think Arietta has a very good team.So,it would make sense to fight in a rain or at least a different place.But let's fight a water type gym leader in the top of a volcano.

Chapter 22: The Distorted Disturbance

Before we went further into the haunted house, I decided to box Ira (Latias) for a bit. She would be useless, and I wanted to try out a secret weapon. Don't worry, you'll see who in a bit...

Eventually, we found Redi at the bottom of the house. However, Scuros had prevented us from moving, trapping us with him.

EtvHorz.png

Now, for a personal side note; I love using ghost types. They are generally tricky to use, but they are masters of utility, whether it be through status ailments, good sweeping, or just being Destiny Bond suicide bombers...

...but by god, I HATE FIGHTING THESE THINGS!

Spoiler

EgQpL8a.png

Oh, look! An original sprite, and funny enough, it's pretty good!

OI9B3XS.png

The battle begins with Hobbes wasting away Scuros's Max Potions by spamming Dig and Bite. Eventually, Chandelure goes down.

c1nKVXN.png

420 mega evolves, putting Rotom to sleep with a Sleep Powder. That's when the secret weapon is brought out...

RVeCrtn.png

Hugsalot decides to go for a Spooky Plate boosted Hex. It almost KOs. Even better, Rotom doesn't wake up, allowing Hugsalot to pick up his first knock out.

9sYbZDx.png

Achilles goes for a Mud Shot (please come soon Earthquake), only to discover...

wkLRDcS.png

SHIT.

Achilles goes down.

VQfm49b.png

Here, I think 420 can survive a Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, or Sludge Bomb...

...EXCEPT GENGAR INSTEAD GOES FOR PSYCHIC!

0qyKEj2.png

Mary inexplicably outspeeds Mega Gengar and hits with a Shadow Ball. However, she then gets KOd by a Shadow Ball of its own.

GZcTVgj.png

Baron's turn is used to revive Mary (Froslass).

nJWrZwa.png

Mary picks up the KO.

OwLo4eH.png

Hobbes gets in a Flamethrower, forcing Aegislash to switch out to Dusknoir.

EIcv4ai.png

Hobbes gets in another Flamethrower before Dusknoir KOs with Earthquake.

am3EScY.png

Mary goes for Shadow Ball. However, Mary doesn't knock it out. Mary goes down again.

5sSR5ua.png

Hugsalot inexplicably lives and picks up the KO on Dusknoir.

FmizhPB.png

This turn is dedicated to reviving Mary (Froslass) again. Hugsalot goes down.

jCYVTAX.png

Luckily, Mary picks up the KO on Aegislash.

UnnpFDi.png

Focus Sash Shedinja eventually goes down to Mary's Shadow Ball.

8mYpbnt.png

I HATE FIGHTING GHOST TYPES! Still, that battle was pretty well designed.

We eventually made our ultimatum to Scuros:

kHBF68t.png

However, as we were doing that, it was time for a plot twist...

g65R02q.png

JuINmNa.png

That's right! The professor is the one who experimented on Hakon's family! It was time for revenge!

Spoiler

qlVWxHn.png

That's not a bad sprite, either. We're starting to make some progress!

4nRsWbS.png

The battle begins with a switch to 420 (Venusaur).

Tqfo2DA.png

420 mega evolves, putting it to sleep and using Leech Seed. He switches out again, only for Baron (Staraptor) to be brought out into a Dragon Pulse as Zweilous wakes up.

Xv7LFzu.png

Fortunately, Zweilous gets hit with a POWERFUL Close Combat.

wL4kwAw.png

Ludicolo does massive damage with Hydro Pump. However, Hugsalot also goes for his secret move: Curse.

xhsTDN2.png

All Mega 420 has to do at this point is stall to win.

aI2ZfTA.png

Bisharp still gets hit by a POWERFUL Close Combat.

HmVoY11.png

Pupitar easily gets KOd by a Scald.

wfYxrvH.png

Hobbes goes for the Flamethrower, while Lucario...

gPWJnNq.png

...NO! You can't have the professor talk about how bonds and love don't make a Pokemon strong, and then have Lucario achieve a form only possible through the power of bonds and love! It's lazy, and he really shouldn't be able to do this!

Regardless, Hobbes goes down to a Close Combat.

KEdo8nV.png

Mega Lucario actually misplays and goes for a Bulk Up. Mega 420 gets off a Leech Seed before going down.

viLMPVA.png

Achilles goes for Protect first turn to get some HP back. He lives the next Close Combat with 2 HP, KOing the threat with Scald. He levels up in the process.

RxSy6D3.png

After winning, Scuros decided that we weren't worth his time, taking Redi with him.

0B5tg7G.png

Thanks for reiterating that, Scuros!

Where did they go, you may ask?

cFLDR71.png

No, Luna. The sentence should read "Redi has been sent to the Distortion World..."

Before we headed in, we decided to explore the room for a bit. We turned right, and...

qxNqWop.png

We're catching Giratina, aren't we?

We ended up in the Distortion World, where Olvin was waiting for us! He told us that Scuros took Redi to the forest. Luna didn't trust him, prompting Redi to say this:

h7amRPS.png

We decided to trust him, following him to... to...

bN5GbV1.png

We're at that point, folks...

We ventured into the woods, where we found the Demon Chicken about to feast upon Redi! We quickly went to battle in the only way we knew how:

Rq6RZpF.png

Called it!

P2MS8tt.png

There was only one intimidating name for Giratina:

3lhotYe.png

Nailed it.

We took our time to escape from the distortion world. Redi vowed to quit Team Lightning as a favor to us for saving his life, and...

Y7vEIBw.png

I've noticed something about this game; when it's at its best, it's being original. Take Scuros for example; you know, evil Shade. What do you think is more intimidating? Shade's sprite...

...or this?

tP9KycG.png

Yes, it's strange that his laugh is from Flowey, but I'm still loving the game when it's original. Unfortunately, there are too many instances where the game goes through the motions as if it's a corporate movie. That battle against Ariëtta was beyond unfortunate. She didn't deserve that treatment. However, we're finally starting to head in the right direction!

Next time, we will be heading back to Chan to continue the story!

Current Team

Spoiler

KLZwIJW.png

Don't worry, this is the last we'll see of Hugsalot. Ira (Latias) is coming back next time!

42 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

2 questions.

1. Are you planning on using Dusclops on your team and if so

2. Did you get Reaper's Cloth in Chan's house at the beginning of the game?

To answer your questions:

1) No. He was only there since I expected a ghost type gym to come up.

2) I don't remember. Still, I might use Eviolite Dusclops if he will be used again

Chapter 23: Here Comes Team Lightning Leader Aria

On our way back to Chan's house, we ran into Olvin waiting for us at the volcano. He had some things to give us for helping him. First, we got the Edgelord Badge!

mlVLtJN.png

Second, we got the TM for Shadow Claw...

fnmVrep.png

...and honestly, we've gotten so many good moves that now, only the mediocre moves are being gifted to us.

We eventually made it back to the village, where Redi and Orchedy had a heartfelt reunion. However, said reunion didn't last long, as Redi explained to us that Team Lightning was planning to attack Dinor's old city. We quickly ran off to stop them! As we were heading out, however, Chan was stopped by a surprising figure...

Spoiler

CclBJ3g.png

Latios! Remember how he was supposed to catch him? Well, guess what? This is the newest member of Chan's team!

That wasn't all, however! Even we should found some neat things!

Spoiler

First, we found this:

BqSn9Ah.png

If you insisted on adding Mega Evolution, this, in my opinion, is the earliest you should do it. However, it should have been the Audinite.

However, that wasn't all!

emCy9i7.png

"If I must..."

7UD4Kk2.png

B2H2iKo.png

To the box!

P90X even got a friend to rot with!

m0WwK7J.png

Finally, we found this...

1Z4g1ke.png

Eat your heart out, Generation 2!

We eventually made our way through the cave and to the next town, where we found the champion, Aria, informing the town that a new gym leader had been selected. However, she also said the town shouldn't be worried about Team Lightning, because they are only "security guards" and not the real Team Lightning...

0vzRJ9k.png

...she's clearly the leader. There's no other reason why she could be so stupid. She's probably a rip off of the Auger from Insurgence, where she wants to use them as means to achieve justice. That's me just ranting, though. I know it sounds stupid, and I have no proof of it. It's just my thoughts on the matter...

...speaking of which, Dinor had some thoughts of his own to say about the new leader.

MxVXGmC.png

Needless to say, he didn't like him. In fact, he kidnapped Esteban! As such, Aria invited us to speak with her. Next time, we will be answering Aria's request.

Current Team

Spoiler

sD3cZkn.png

Chapter 24: The Twist we All Saw Coming

After the end of the last part, we decided to talk with the champion. We resolved to find Esteban as quickly as possible. However, before we could do that, we hear a person behind a wall. Rather than do the logical thing and use Rock Smash on it, we decided instead that it would be a better idea to get the mining kit, because of course.

Along the way, we ran into Ariëtta, who proved to be quite the helpful companion. Here, we found a new HM...

Spoiler

...and it sucks.

xP948Dl.png

In the early game, Echoed Voice may have been useful, but now, hw have too many powerful attacks. Nothing is a big deal anymore!

We ended up finding a lot of Team Lightning grunts! I will post all of their battles below.

Admin 1:

Spoiler

UZxU16c.png

Indeed, it was Sam! We quickly went to battle with her!

2dc5jKG.png

wXXx7HE.png

You're going to see this a lot; I get ridiculously counter teamed in this part.

The battle begins with...

7aC28o0.png

...just... Ira didn't deserve the slaughter...

Still, Clawitzer managed to OHKO with Aura Sphere.

NeqkWQy.png

Mary tries to live a Crunch from a Mega Salamence. She inexplicably does, only to get blown away by Houndoom's Beat Up. Salamence still goes down to an Ice Beam from Clawitzer.

sinOBdZ.png

Baron fortunately lands the Close Combat on Aurorus, annihilating the thing. He lives an attack from Houndoom, getting decimated by Clawitzer.

4oK9zI7.png

Baron uses his last turn to Kamikaze Brave Bird the Emboar.

jXOdYPi.png

WORTH IT!

Admin 2:

Spoiler

Our ultimate enemy we had known for the longest time was next...

LyPWGKg.png

...this guy!

Oh, we also got a Mega Stone!

SeumOSw.png

It was time to fight!

2i5QMn2.png

IT'S FUCKING ANGRY ALDER!

E2FK3oP.png

The battle begins with me being counter teamed AGAIN! I am forced to make the hard switch into Achilles (Swampert). However, Clawitzer gets another KO on the Omastar with Aura Sphere.

QzPjCUe.png

Achilles goes for Protect to get the Leftover boost. Luckily, Seismitoad attacks Clawitzer next turn, allowing Achilles to KO with Scald.

1uDhTeQ.png

Achilles goes for Protect again while Clawitzer picks up another KO.

Ha6TJph.png

Here, Mega Charizard X and Seismitoad double team Achilles, taking him down.

hmPHwTm.png

Ira luckily paralyzes the Charizard, allowing Clawitzer ample time to finish it off.

2ZmCLPm.png

This poor Seismitoad...

2jLDUJE.png

Just like my interest...

Admin 3:

Spoiler

This was it! Admin 3! Who could be the mysterious figure behind...

...it's Lavius, isn't it?

WuY2iO0.png

...no, Lavius, I'm not. It was obvious that you weren't dead, and it's kind of sad they used that as a big Shyamalan-esque twist. Still, it was time to fight his actual team!

wnNydwi.png

BtHXAb7.png

Again, Hobbes gets played! He switches out for 420 (Venusaur), who gets double teamed, but manages to survive.

kMutYy7.png

420 Mega Evolves, going for Leech Seed on Goodra. Little did I know that beast had Sap Sipper. This allowed them both to double team Clawitzer.

RhO0ROL.png

Mega 420 gets put out of the way next, but not before Nidoking is seeded. As he goes down, so does Nidoking to Empoleon.

68XYKfn.png

Mary gets brought out to get damage on Goodra. She lands an Ice Beam, only to be blown away by Mega Blastoise's Dark Pulse.

WFCAzY8.png

Here, Hobbes is used to bait out the Gallade and Blastoise by going for Dig. However, Gallade still decides to KO Empoleon with Close Combat.

34YthM9.png

Kabutops is brought out next, only to immediately get blown away. However, Hobbes manages to survive a Close Combat.

aIRX1Ty.png

Gyarados Mega Evolves, allowing Hobbes to do good damage with Extremespeed on Gallade while Mega Gyarados goes for Dragon Dance. However, Hobbes ends up going down.

jpJ1ycS.png

Baron gets destroyed by a Stone Edge. Gyarados misses his attack.

zZWJg1e.png

Achilles decides to Protect while Mega Gyarados destroys Blastoise.

8WW76vS.png

The battle ends with Achilles landing a Scald for the finishing blow.

YEgeUle.png

HOW COME ALL THREE OF YOU COUNTER TEAMED MY STARTING POKEMON?!

We eventually saved the miners, getting our Mining Kit in return. Next time, we will see what is behind that wall!

Current Team

Spoiler

8Asqx42.png

I gotta say, I started playing this today, and I have to say how hilariously absurd this game is at tossing strong Pokemon at you from the very beginning.

There's even a hidden switch puzzle in front of Chan's house that leads to a cave with a wild Lapras holding a Mystic Water, although there are also wild Squirtle in the area with a mega stone for a Blastoise. And at the academy, if you visit the wrecked room with a large TV in it at night, you can get a Rotom from there.

Edited by Alilatias

On 8/15/2017 at 0:48 AM, Alilatias said:

I gotta say, I started playing this today, and I have to say how hilariously absurd this game is at tossing strong Pokemon at you from the very beginning.

There's even a hidden switch puzzle in front of Chan's house that leads to a cave with a wild Lapras holding a Mystic Water, although there are also wild Squirtle in the area with a mega stone for a Blastoise. And at the academy, if you visit the wrecked room with a large TV in it at night, you can get a Rotom from there.

WHAT?! How did I miss that?! I've got to go back when I get the chance!

Chapter 25: We're Back!

After a brief hiatus (thank you Insurgence), we decided to continue our adventure! Luna started off by mining a hole in the Champion's wall only to reveal a hidden room. Inside said room...

Spoiler

XMJYZg2.png

Aria's definitely their true leader. There's no way anyone else would be so stupid to forget about an entire section of their house!

As we gave chase, however, Dino revealed a secret: a machine which could travel back in time! He used this power to revive an old character...

lZtFPKg.png

...and honestly, I'm getting sick of death meaning nothing in fan games.

Therus was not happy with us trying to apprehend his student. As such, he rushed to his defense!

Spoiler

NsWwecH.png

The battle starts with...

ZoHwdQu.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why not an Aurorus? That would make this more challenging. Needless to say, Hobbes manhandles the poor creature.

a3CiiVZ.png

Achilles is easily able to handle the Probopass.

BG5xwJl.png

420 Mega Evolves and decimates with a Petal Dance.

vefVUGN.png

Tyranitar gets a Dark Pulse in before being forced to switch out.

4tf1Eg5.png

Dance is unfortunately able to KO.

uDnvmNn.png

Achilles falls victim to a crit Moonblast after landing a crit Earthquake.

ZLyCEgb.png

Luckily, Mary finishes it off with Ice Beam.

O1h76FU.png

Mary also takes out Tyranitar.

84Q9URy.png

Crustle unfortunately lands a Stone Edge, KOing Mary.

iKrVqvn.png

Hobbes gets in a Flamethrower before getting knocked out.

hJmjpas.png

Ira finishes the job with Psychic.

utPA7Zm.png

Easy.

After our victory, the duo decided to run, with Dinor claiming he would be abandoning Team Lightning. As they were running, however, Therus decided to create a diversion. As such...

...just look at how stupid this is...

Spoiler

bipGW7k.png

First; where did he get that thing? That's a mythical Pokemon! Even they are treated as if they aren't extraordinary!

Second; how is this thing at level 50? It was at level 56 ten seconds ago!

We ended up catching the beast, giving it one appropriate name:

oWZrgvy.png

As we went into the time machine, we also found this:

qOvwCz7.png

We eventually saved Esteban, allowing us to challenge his gym, and...

2MsAWgs.png

Oh, look, a virus which plays with generation 1 music.

DOESN'T THAT SEEM FAMILIAR?!

Either way, we eventually made it to Esteban. It was time to fight!

Spoiler

W0JZNC1.png

Come on, man! It's just a Reborn sprite with colored hair!

G7yCESN.png

The battle begins with 420 Mega Evolving, going for a Petal Dance. It then...

x9rDquK.png

ycg0ygu.png

...wow. That just took out half of her team.

Hz6HtxT.png

Armaldo proves to be a challenge, as I forgot to reteach Scald. However, it eventually goes down to some Earthquakes.

J1TmPR9.png

Ira goes for six Calm Minds, decimating Lunatone with a Dragon Breath.

pCdyVXR.png

Ira only gets in one Dragon Breath before going down. It barely does anything, even at +6.

CWQyLJW.png

420 gets off a Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. As Tyranitar wakes up, 420 gets off a Petal Dance before going down.

cX4fKxy.png

Achilles goes for Protect to secure the Leech Seed KO.

zsbR7Hd.png

The funny thing is that we actually have three badges left! We're getting closer to done!

For winning, we got ourselves the I-Don't-Even-Know Badge!

Yvf2fL8.png

In addition, we got ourselves the Rock Slide TM!

C75qx8t.png

Next time, we will be continuing on with the adventure!

Current Team

Spoiler

BsxVIZ2.png

Chapter 26: Death Fodder

Since we won our gym battle last time, we were able to continue exploring! We decided to head to the next route.

Spoiler

9tSnV8X.png

Now this is what I'm talking about! Beautiful scenery, luscious wildlife, and a unique setting to make this route feel truly unique and larg-

DItalMS.png

-or, the unique stuff ends in a few steps. Sure, why not?

As we passed through the route, we once again ran into Team Lightning. They were blocking the road to the next town! As such, we took an alternate path, where...

Spoiler

ndKATD7.png

OH GOD DAMN IT!

eCQ8x3h.png

Jq40Dhs.png

I'm starting to run out of good nicknames. If anyone has any recommendations for future nicknames for legendaries, I would love to hear them (because I assume the others in this trio are now going to try and "test" us, totally not allowing us to capture them)

Eventually, we made our way to the next city, and quite frankly, it's my favorite place in the game so far.

Vlv1GrP.png

THIS IS SO UNIQUE! An island in the sky is a neat idea, and apparently, it's being held up by the power of Lunala. However, I also noticed that this is only the second drawn cutscene in the whole game. What took them so long?

We even ran into the gym leader of the town, Fethis!

p0CqVzk.png

He decided that he wanted to challenge us to a battle. We easily accepted! After all, seeing a guy with wings could make for a unique sprite, right?

...right?

Spoiler

f4DxX89.png

COME ON, GAME! YOU JUST MADE HIM NOEL!

Anyway, Baron (Staraptor) has been struggling, so I got a replacement. Say hello to the newest member...

xljAwLp.png

The battle begins with Fodder mega evolving, easily KOing the POWERFUL Staraptor with a couple Diamond Storms.

EGmP1sK.png

Mary is able to tank an Earthquake and KO with Ice Beam.

PbT7xCd.png

Achilles takes this time to let us heal up both Fodder (Diancie) and Mary (Froslass). This unfortunately costs him the battle against the Xatu.

7M35eRl.png

Luckily, Hobbes is able to finish it off with a couple Flamethrowers.

LMBmBSk.png

Salamence comes in, Mega Evolving. It misses the first Zen Headbutt, allowing Mega Fodder to hit a Moonblast.

6BPJzGC.png

Let me just say that THIS SPRITE LOOKS SO COOL!

...anyway, Mega Salamence inexplicably misses the second Zen Headbutt, allowing for an easy Fodder KO.

3g6NVeo.png

Crobat gets off a Cross Poison, doing massive damage. However, Mega Fodder gets a defense boost from Diamond Storm. While she is healed, Crobat is switched out.

erjmVrL.png

Fodder goes for Stone Edge, getting the crit in the process!

Sbj01RL.png

Crobat goes for a Life Orb boosted Cross Poison. Unfortunately, it crits, taking out Fodder. However, she easily pulled her weight.

O1vckzr.png

Mary is able to KO with Ice Shard.

kAp90mL.png

Come on, game. That sprite is cool! You couldn't even attempt to make that?

With that win under our belts, we got ourselves the...

TwtqwxO.png

...don't do this now, please. I don't want another Reborn/Rejuvenation tro-

aYHrhWk.png

...damn it...

Tfj6iM5.png

There is one lesson to be learned from this episode: everyone in this game is a moron.

Next time, we will be seeing what the commotion is all about! Also, is there a name rater nearby? If I can rename the newest team member, I might consider it. If we did that, however, what do you think would be an appropriate nickname?

Current Team

Spoiler

6Zf3LC3.png

IIRC there's a name rater in the desert-themed construction town with that tower.

Also, if there's one major criticism I have of the game so far, beyond the awkward writing and the fact that it literally throws broken Pokemon at you (which I find oddly charming), it's that I feel that the AI cheats more often the further you get in the game. A lot. Like the AI seems to act based on player inputs and has already calculated RNG from your action that turn when deciding what to do against you.

For instance, one of my attacks that would have KO'd the enemy under normal circumstances misses when the enemy is at below half HP, and the AI just picks a move to use as usual. Yet when I use the same attack again the next turn and it hits, the AI will suddenly use a recovery item that turn to stop their Pokemon from being KO'd (when regular AI would have already used it in the previous turn or not at all). Another example is that I switch my Pokemon and the AI responds with an attack that's super effective against the Pokemon I'm switching in, when the attack would have been ineffective against my previous Pokemon. Then there's the AI using a not very effective attack but it ALWAYS inflicts a status effect (like Scald on a dragon type and it inflicts burn). It's happened too many times for it to be sheer coincidence, and I've never noted the AI having such behavior in other fangames.

EDIT: Also, I like how different our teams are, mostly. I'm at the volcano and my team consists of...
- Arcanine (starter)
- Latias (mandatory capture)
- Breloom
- Lapras (considering benching if I run into a more interesting ice or water type, like maybe a Glaceon)
- Rotom (considering benching in favor of a ground type, hopefully a Golurk is available soon? Or I'll just use the mandatory capture Mudkip...)
- Archeops 

I haven't read through most of the LP to avoid spoiling myself on this hilarious train ride of a plot, but is there a move relearner and something like ability capsules somewhere soon? I'm thinking of benching Archeops in favor of Togekiss (which is also a mandatory capture now that I think about it), but I won't use Togekiss unless I can get Air Slash.

Edited by Alilatias

2 minutes ago, Alilatias said:

IIRC there's a name rater in the desert-themed construction town with that tower.

Also, if there's one major criticism I have of the game so far, beyond the awkward writing and the fact that it literally throws broken Pokemon at you (which I find oddly charming), it's that I feel that the AI cheats more often the further you get in the game. A lot. Like the AI seems to act based on player inputs and has already calculated RNG from your action that turn when deciding what to do against you.

I've noted far too many instances where one of my attacks miss when the enemy is at below half HP and the AI just picks a move to use, and yet when I use the same attack again and it hits, the AI will suddenly use a recovery item to stop their Pokemon from being KO'd (when regular AI would have already used it in the previous turn or not at all). Another example is that I switch my Pokemon and the AI responds with an attack that's super effective against the Pokemon I'm switching in, when the attack would have been ineffective against my previous Pokemon. It's happened too many times for it to be sheer coincidence.

Maybe you're just horribly unlucky? Haha.

11 hours ago, Alilatias said:

I haven't read through most of the LP to avoid spoiling myself on this hilarious train ride of a plot, but is there a move relearner and something like ability capsules somewhere soon? I'm thinking of benching Archeops in favor of Togekiss (which is also a mandatory capture now that I think about it), but I won't use Togekiss unless I can get Air Slash.

I haven't found one yet, and I'm pretty far in the game. You might want to consider using Staraptor. It comes relatively soon, and is pretty POWERFUL.

Chapter 27: Blowing some Steam

We ended last part with a huge explosion from outside. The gym leader quickly ran out, only to find something terrible...

untNLYq.png

...MORE LEGENDARIES TO CATCH!

Luckily for us, the luck came through for us, as it took only one Ultra Ball!

OMVQ4b9.png

Understandably, however, the gym leader still wanted Team not-Meteor's heads on a pike. After all, they attacked his city.

olWpU3M.png

We elected to try and calm him down, allowing Luna to say one of the dumbest things I have ever heard...

dfwaE6p.png

...now, Luna... let's read that again...

VPaoSJm.png

Now, if I were going to calm someone down from a Volcanion attack, I sure as hell wouldn't include a fucking pun!

Was this intentional?! This is the last thing I would do to calm him down, especially after something so terrifying!

...anyway, enough of that nonsense. We decided to head out  to the next town. Along the way, we fought a couple Lightning grunts. As we beat them, someone from Team Meteor Shadow told us that the academy had been taken over by Team Lightning. This led to an important revelation:

Spoiler

01YnISL.png

Oh, no! Not...

...wait, you have a brother?

A7ALGHR.png

Really?

Luna then goes on to explain that we were clearly supposed to know about his existence, as her parents might have told Chan about Lumos one time. If you are trying to get us to relate to a character, that's a ridiculous way to do so. It reminds me of the character Bill from Nostalgia Critic. Bill is a spoof of a certain type of character from corporate Hollywood movies; the one who comes in at the middle of the movie and acts as if they have had a huge bond with the hero because there might as well be a bond.

After that revelation, we continued back to the academy. Along the way, Ariëtta stopped to give us the HM for Strength...

...alongside Aerial Ace?

6E7SV1p.png

Why would she do that? It's not like the gym leader gave us the badge...

...unless...

qEYhomB.png

I'M NOT EVEN MAD!

After realizing we received the Sailboat Badge, we continued on, where we discovered something that this game would do:

Spoiler

GwPw9qy.png

iormGoo.png

Just to remind everyone: Virizion comes out of nowhere.

SgtDwdL.png

I guess I could call you this...

9i8l5tT.png

We eventually made our way to the academy, where we discovered the entire place had been overrun with people from Team Lightning. We eventually ran into the Sensei, who told us everything that had been going on.

8WDs74c.png

NO SHIT.

We fought our way through the beach. However, as we got to the end, we noticed something extremely jarring...

...a blue mountain?

tvIrOkg.png

Next time, we will be heading inside to investigate!

Current Team

Spoiler

tJit8ZD.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

Chapter 22: The Pointless Episode

As we entered the strange mountain, we ran across none other than Olvin!

EUm67bp.png

He informed us that the other Team Shadow grunts had been captured, becoming mind controlled by the rest of Team Lightning. We decided to team up with Olvin to stop this threat. We ended up at the base, where we were confronted with the perfect counter.

5bsA9EV.png

With the Malamar using Hypnosis on us, we were brought into a deep sleep. Clearly, a smart person would use this opportunity to throw us into prison...

...so what did they do?

IzRqAVo.png

PUT OUR SLEEPING BODIES OUT OF THE DOOR!

YOU IDIOTS ARE GIVING LUNA ENOUGH TIME TO WIN!

As such, we decided to do some investigating. Through our investigations, we determined that Malamar's powers were both being amplified by the mountain and these strange machines.

S0pZwe9.png

We shut off both of the machines, even capturing one of the Malamar along the way!

caRH8NN.png

Afterwards, we decided to head back. However, Sam was still set on capturing us. As such, it was time for a battle that honestly took way longer than it should have!

Spoiler

HYYpWio.png

eOxVOPi.png

The battle starts with Vanilluxe taking out the Zweilous while Aurorus goes down to a Brick Break by Achilles.

zLyqgE2.png

Achilles has no choice but to switch out to Ira (Latias). She gets hit while Vanilluxe goes down.

wQQFahM.png

Ira tries to Psycho Shift the burn onto the Mega Salamence. However, Salamence outspeeds and KOs while Ludicolo goes down to a critical Close Combat.

2dLqxLJ.png

Fodder is brought out to die to Bisharp's Iron Head while Poliwrath goes down to Salamence.

28pNrgP.png

Salamence misses the Crunch on Mary (thank you Snow Cloak) while it simultaneously goes down to Ice Beam. Mightyena sustains serious damage.

bRsfmeA.png

Mary gets the paralysis off on Houndoom with Thunderbolt. Both Mary and Mightyena go down.

U8lEHFi.png

Cryogonal takes down Bisharp with a critical Ice Beam, while Achilles KOs the Houndoom with Brick Break.

TMH1MBa.png

Mega Lucario takes out Cryogonal with Close Combat. However, Achilles avenges with Earthquake.

6xhARJE.png

Achilles outlasts while Tyranitar KOs his own teammate with Earthquake.

YZD4SSH.png

One Brick Break finishes the job.

xzBRL0F.png

fGivA2W.png

That fight was actually really hard. It doesn't help that Olvin has a Mightyena. Still, we managed to pull through thanks to Achilles's Bulk and Mary's ability of Snow Cloak.

After we won, the professor and Sam tried the same strategy again, attempting to put us to sleep with Hypnosis. However, they didn't realize that we had handled the Malamar earlier. Therefore, there hypnosis strategy didn't-

a0KvNP9.png

...wait... does that mean everything we just did was pointless?

In fact, if they could do that the whole time, why didn't they just do that the first time?!

Everything we did this episode was pointless if they could have just done that from the beginning. In fact, a lot of this game appears to be filler, whether it be fighting and losing to Dinor for no reason or fighting one Genesect when you have had access to Arcanine for the longest time, a lot of stuff appears to be there because it feels obligated to be there, and that's a shame.

Next time, we'll try and get out of this cell!

Current Team

Spoiler

wlM1LRy.png

I'm actually past you now, and I have to say, I'm finding this game more hilarious by the day.

Consider what you've been getting from gyms lately (and will get from the next one soon). It's like the developers realized 'oh shit we gave away way too many powerful Pokemon and TMs, we need to scale back, HARD'. Indeed, the obtainable TMs later in the game are way, WAY weaker than those given out towards the start.

Also, the writing has reached completely nonsensical levels. They had something good going on early on, but now the plot feels completely disjointed. The whole 'everyone is convienently ignoring that the Security Station/Team Lightning are exactly the same' thing was only the beginning. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Edited by Alilatias

19 hours ago, Alilatias said:

I'm actually past you now, and I have to say, I'm finding this game more hilarious by the day.

Consider what you've been getting from gyms lately (and will get from the next one soon). It's like the developers realized 'oh shit we gave away way too many powerful Pokemon and TMs, we need to scale back, HARD'. Indeed, the obtainable TMs later in the game are way, WAY weaker than those given out towards the start.

Also, the writing has reached completely nonsensical levels. They had something good going on early on, but now the plot feels completely disjointed. The whole 'everyone is convienently ignoring that the Security Station/Team Lightning are exactly the same' thing was only the beginning. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Your post has made me nervous, excited, and giddy at the same time!

Chapter 23: The Incredulous Inspiration

...I'm not going to lie, here; @Alilatias really wasn't exaggerating when she said the game was about to get even more ridiculous.

Our episode started off with us trying to break out of our prison. While there, we noticed that we had a neighbor.

9O0chA5.png

As it turns out, this was Lumos, Luna's long lost brother (which makes it strange that she didn't recognize him at first, but whatever, I suppose). Together, we escaped by...

...and I can't believe I'm typing this...

Spoiler

THROWING KEYS OVER A WALL TO LUMOS SO HE CAN HACK AN OPERATIONAL COMPUTER, ALLOWING US TO ACCESS THE DOORS!

Holy shit, this is so stupid! If we could throw the keys over the wall, then why couldn't we just escape by climbing out?! In fact, why leave something so important in the base?!

Fortunately, we did manage to see something cool: Hobbes out of his Pokeball!

Eg8PVuD.png

This makes me question what would happen if he wasn't in the party. Would he show up anyway?

Regardless, Lumos ran ahead to save the day. He ran back to the mountain, where-

-oh, who am I kidding, he's going to get caught, isn't he?

sA2o5Y3.png

That's right! Our villain we've known for so long caught him. This gave us insight into his character...

Of course, to make good villains, they have to have a reasonable motive. Dr. Doom, for example, wants to rule the world because he legitimately believes the world would be safer under his control (and in a way, he's actually right). Mr. Freeze is evil in order to save his wife from a deadly disease. Even Solaris from Reborn has a good motivation. He does what he does because it's his job to protect the gateway from being opened by outsiders. It doesn't help that his parents were murdered by bandits...

...so what's Elia's motivation?

iXzQZxD.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy is only doing all of this to become the principal?! What a ridiculous thing! Next thing, you'll tell me that he killed him to feed him to a-

GnWgyWD.png

...there are no words for the sheer lunacy of this... let's just fight...

Spoiler

IhpUgl3.png

4Xkovjh.png

The battle begins with Ira setting up three Calm Minds. After tanking many of Hoopa's attacks, she eventually goes down, but performs admirably.

1bH4fBC.png

One Shadow Ball from Mary takes it down.

XucERY5.png

Achilles decimates with Earthquake.

L7ew01y.png

420 Mega Evolves and dominates with Petal Dance.

eJUn36k.png

Mega 420 tanks a Flamethrower, allowing him to get off one more Petal Dance before going down.

0DmJ0P5.png

uLmkwZa.png

Hawlucha misses the Focus Blast, allowing Fodder to KO with Moonblast unscathed.

hsdzcNv.png

Achilles tanks two Ancientpowers before finishing the job.

lyPbbqD.png

Somehow, I have even less respect for you after that battle.

After that battle, however, Hoopa decided to take out its anger on the prison gate.

BttjYhL.png

While everyone fled, it gave us enough time to do something you all probably saw coming...

63TDiL1.png

...and with the first Quick Ball, as well! Hell yeah!

oKL4VHJ.png

A6BWoGu.png

With that, we defeated Team Lightning and Team Shadow. There would be no more ridiculous claims of becoming the-

ynn6rSr.png

JESUS CHRIST, WHY?!

This just might be the second most ludicrous part of the game so far (first place being Chan and Luna's relationship). This motivation is not only silly, but it works, despite being so silly!

Either way, we went back to Lumos's room, where we resolved to continue our journey (no kidding). However, we discovered that in order to get to the next town, we needed HM03 for Surf. We needed to fight a gym leader, with the only one close to us being...

Spoiler

...Chan.

JOAoruY.png

5oxUx3o.png

The battle begins with Mary surviving an Earthquake, KOing with Ice Beam.

jeXKv5D.png

Ira is able to waste a couple Full Restores before taking out Kommo-o with a critical Dragon Pulse.

pWD31NH.png

Haxorus takes Ira down with an Outrage.

9TVpTzk.png

Luckily, Fodder takes this opportunity to Mega Evolve and set up Trick Room. She OHKOs with Moonblast.

uhuOFUC.png

420, now being able to outspeed, goes for Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. He ends up going down to Ice Beam, but the job is done.

1xWrB8N.png

Achilles is able to finish it off with Earthquake.

knb0O3A.png

Achilles goes down to Mega Latios's Draco Meteor. His special attack lowers.

yikst8T.png

Hobbes puts up a significant chunk of damage with Bite. He almost KOs before going down himself.

PC6PBMq.png

Mary outspeeds with Ice Shard.

2QKaDo9.png

Ice Beam almost takes Dragonite down. However, Dragonite is locked into Outrage.

j09CfBI.png

At this point, the battle is over.

vbQHdHx.png

For winning our battle, we received the Watercolor-Teardrop Badge!

Wf0H7dZ.png

We also received a new TM for...

...Dragon Tail?

dyGweNe.png

I guess all of the good moves have been given away, huh?

Regardless, we will be moving back to Ariëtta's city soon, where a leader has replaced her! As such, next time, we will try and catch up to her!

Current Team

Spoiler

Kqkdhxc.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

2 hours ago, Filthy Casual said:

Chapter 23: The Incredulous Inspiration

...I'm not going to lie, here; @Alilatias really wasn't exaggerating when she said the game was about to get even more ridiculous.

Our episode started off with us trying to break out of our prison. While there, we noticed that we had a neighbor.

9O0chA5.png

As it turns out, this was Lumos, Luna's long lost brother (which makes it strange that she didn't recognize him at first, but whatever, I suppose). Together, we escaped by...

...and I can't believe I'm typing this...

Hide contents

THROWING KEYS OVER A WALL TO LUMOS SO HE CAN HACK AN OPERATIONAL COMPUTER, ALLOWING US TO ACCESS THE DOORS!

Holy shit, this is so stupid! If we could throw the keys over the wall, then why couldn't we just escape by climbing out?! In fact, why leave something so important in the base?!

Fortunately, we did manage to see something cool: Hobbes out of his Pokeball!

Eg8PVuD.png

This makes me question what would happen if he wasn't in the party. Would he show up anyway?

Regardless, Lumos ran ahead to save the day. He ran back to the mountain, where-

-oh, who am I kidding, he's going to get caught, isn't he?

sA2o5Y3.png

That's right! Our villain we've known for so long caught him. This gave us insight into his character...

Of course, to make good villains, they have to have a reasonable motive. Dr. Doom, for example, wants to rule the world because he legitimately believes the world would be safer under his control (and in a way, he's actually right). Mr. Freeze is evil in order to save his wife from a deadly disease. Even Solaris from Reborn has a good motivation. He does what he does because it's his job to protect the gateway from being opened by outsiders. It doesn't help that his parents were murdered by bandits...

...so what's Elia's motivation?

iXzQZxD.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy is only doing all of this to become the principal?! What a ridiculous thing! Next thing, you'll tell me that he killed him to feed him to a-

GnWgyWD.png

...there are no words for the sheer lunacy of this... let's just fight...

Hide contents

IhpUgl3.png

4Xkovjh.png

The battle begins with Ira setting up three Calm Minds. After tanking many of Hoopa's attacks, she eventually goes down, but performs admirably.

1bH4fBC.png

One Shadow Ball from Mary takes it down.

XucERY5.png

L7ew01y.png

420 Mega Evolves and dominates with Petal Dance.

eJUn36k.png

Mega 420 tanks a Flamethrower, allowing him to get off one more Petal Dance before going down.

0DmJ0P5.png

uLmkwZa.png

Hawlucha misses the Focus Blast, allowing Fodder to KO with Moonblast unscathed.

hsdzcNv.png

Achilles tanks two Ancientpowers before finishing the job.

lyPbbqD.png

Somehow, I have even less respect for you after that battle.

After that battle, however, Hoopa decided to take out its anger on the prison gate.

BttjYhL.png

While everyone fled, it gave us enough time to do something you all probably saw coming...

63TDiL1.png

...and with the first Quick Ball, as well! Hell yeah!

oKL4VHJ.png

A6BWoGu.png

With that, we defeated Team Lightning and Team Shadow. There would be no more ridiculous claims of becoming the-

ynn6rSr.png

JESUS CHRIST, WHY?!

This just might be the second most ludicrous part of the game so far (first place being Chan and Luna's relationship). This motivation is not only silly, but it works, despite being so silly!

Either way, we went back to Lumos's room, where we resolved to continue our journey (no kidding). However, we discovered that in order to get to the next town, we needed HM03 for Surf. We needed to fight a gym leader, with the only one close to us being...

Hide contents

...Chan.

JOAoruY.png

5oxUx3o.png

The battle begins with Mary surviving an Earthquake, KOing with Ice Beam.

jeXKv5D.png

Ira is able to waste a couple Full Restores before taking out Kommo-o with a critical Dragon Pulse.

pWD31NH.png

Haxorus takes Ira down with an Outrage.

9TVpTzk.png

Luckily, Fodder takes this opportunity to Mega Evolve and set up Trick Room. She OHKOs with Moonblast.

uhuOFUC.png

420, now being able to outspeed, goes for Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. He ends up going down to Ice Beam, but the job is done.

1xWrB8N.png

Achilles is able to finish it off with Earthquake.

knb0O3A.png

Achilles goes down to Mega Latios's Draco Meteor. His special attack lowers.

yikst8T.png

Hobbes puts up a significant chunk of damage with Bite. He almost KOs before going down himself.

PC6PBMq.png

Mary outspeeds with Ice Shard.

2QKaDo9.png

Ice Beam almost takes Dragonite down. However, Dragonite is locked into Outrage.

j09CfBI.png

At this point, the battle is over.

vbQHdHx.png

For winning our battle, we received the Watercolor-Teardrop Badge!

Wf0H7dZ.png

We also received a new TM for...

...Dragon Tail?

dyGweNe.png

I guess all of the good moves have been given away, huh?

Regardless, we will be moving back to Ariëtta's city soon, where a leader has replaced her! As such, next time, we will try and catch up to her!

Current Team

Hide contents

Kqkdhxc.png

I love reading all of this. So entertaining. ^_^ Btw, to answer your Arcanine question, no matter what, she will call upon her Arcanine whether it's in the party or not. I just pretend she used the thing from Sun and Moon to call Arcanine there to get out of situations. Haha.

The thing with Arcanine is that it'll show up in mandatory cutscenes no matter what. However, there's one event Pokemon where you MUST have Arcanine in your party to obtain.

Also, I'm just going to mention this now before you get caught off-guard: Prepare for Pokemon that use moves that they normally shouldn't, period. Acrobatics Gyarados, anyone?

I have finished multiple runs of the current last Episode and enjoyed the whole game and story on each run, because there were secrets that I did not notice in the previous runs. I do not want to spoil anything and wish you guys a nice journey through Everia :).

I should warn you about something too, something that might potentially break your game.

Later on, there's a part where you are assigned one of three tasks of your choice. Stay with your assigned task. Or, explore, but don't save if you notice anything weird going on. I ventured out of my task area, ignored the plot characters standing in the way, and went towards one of the other two areas. By mining a specific rock in the other area, the game suddenly had me initiate dialogue with a different character that wasn't supposed to be with me. I thought my game broke afterwards, but then I left the area through a different entrance that is normally walled off, and the game proceeded as if I had chosen that specific task instead of the one I actually chose. I don't know if similar glitches are present in the other two paths, but I wouldn't risk it at all.

EDIT: I've advanced a bit more and now it's looking as if my save file is broken because of the above now. I've gone everywhere I could have possibly gone and the major NPCs are nowhere to be found, meaning I'm stuck. The only thing I can do is go capture the legendaries in the area, which I'm fairly sure is optional. There's a gated area that looks like where I'm supposed to go, but it won't open, likely because of the sequence breaking bug from above. I'll have to restart the game.

Edited by Alilatias