Maximum Effort! A Fighting Monotype Playthrough (Latest Defeated: Noel) (ON HIATUS)

Filthy Casual

Chapter 1: The Cambria Fight Club Joins Reborn

This is something I wanted to do for a while. I feel as if fighting types as a whole are not as appreciated as many other types (water, ghost, dragon, fairy, psychic, dark, fire, etc.). However, despite this, fighting types are actually my third favorite type. Because of this, I wanted to dedicate a run to this awesome type. First, however, we need to name our character:

Spoiler

MFx2F4d.png

That's right, meet Mickey Goldmill, Rocky Balboa's old trainer. He's our hero for the LP.

Of course, our first order of business is going to be picking our starter. I had no idea who to pick, since there were actually a good size to choose from. Luckily for me, however, with your help, we were able to choose the first starter.

Spoiler

5fVeOvv.png

Meet Artemis, a Torchic with the Jolly nature and Speed Boost.

"You got to get speed, demon speed. Speed's what we need; we need some greasy, fast speed!"

After we got our starter, we went down stairs to find an interesting man waiting for us. His name was Cain, and he challenged us to a battle! Of course, we aren't going to deny his request!

Spoiler

2kgAcAa.png

(for the record, I originally named him Doc Louis, but then had the urge to change the character's name to Goldmill instead)

hM2fumR.png

...unfortunately for him, he got burned turn one. You can see how this ends up for him.

Cain then proceeded to take me to the healing station, where he let me heal my Pokemon. Victoria then returned from the starter room. As it turns out, she, too, is an aspiring fighting type trainer. Our eyes locked, and the battle began!

Spoiler

kmVOAej.png

N5CZNVa.png

THIS was a lot closer to a traditional tackle fight. Artemis barely pulled through in this battle, but she managed to win.

After we won, we were given some Pokeballs and a Pokedex, and we were sent off on our journey. Next time, we will be investigating the power plant with Julia and Florinia!

Edited by FactoryofSadness

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Chapter 1: Eating Lightning & Crapping Thunder

This is something I wanted to do for a while. I feel as if fighting types as a whole are not as appreciated as many other types (water, ghost, dragon, fairy, psychic, dark, fire, etc.). However, despite this, fighting types are actually my third favorite type. Because of this, I wanted to dedicate a run to this awesome type. First, however, we need to name our character:

Reveal hidden contents

MFx2F4d.png

That's right, meet Mickey Goldmill, Rocky Balboa's old trainer. He's our hero for the LP.

Of course, our first order of business is going to be picking our starter. I had no idea who to pick, since there were actually a good size to choose from. Luckily for me, however, with your help, we were able to choose the first starter.

Reveal hidden contents

5fVeOvv.png

Meet Artemis, a Torchic with the Jolly nature and Speed Boost.

"You got to get speed, demon speed. Speed's what we need; we need some greasy, fast speed!"

After we got our starter, we went down stairs to find an interesting man waiting for us. His name was Cain, and he challenged us to a battle! Of course, we aren't going to deny his request!

Reveal hidden contents

2kgAcAa.png

hM2fumR.png

...unfortunately for him, he got burned turn one. You can see how this ends up for him.

Cain then proceeded to take me to the healing station, where he let me heal my Pokemon. Victoria then returned from the starter room. As it turns out, she, too, is an aspiring fighting type trainer. Our eyes locked, and the battle began!

Reveal hidden contents

kmVOAej.png

N5CZNVa.png

THIS was a lot closer to a traditional tackle fight. Artemis barely pulled through in this battle, but she managed to win.

After we won, we were given some Pokeballs and a Pokedex, and we were sent off on our journey. Next time, we will be investigating the power plant with Julia and Florinia!

Yay! Fighting Mono Run! I did one a couple of years ago. Jesus. Later in the game... Hell x10... My god.

1 minute ago, Vhandrake said:

Fighting run! I'm praying that you'll get a Hitmonlee at some point, one of my favourites fighting-type Pokémon. <3

But... Hitmonchan is one of my favorite fighting types.

Fighting types underrated? I think they're the most common part of the game. I have more fighting types on my main team than any other. They're an awesome species that boast strengths against 5 different types.

Good luck in your run though, I'm sure it'll be a breeze with Torchic! :D

1 hour ago, RedAlert said:

Fighting types underrated? I think they're the most common part of the game. I have more fighting types on my main team than any other. They're an awesome species that boast strengths against 5 different types.

Good luck in your run though, I'm sure it'll be a breeze with Torchic! :D

Generally I would agree with you and fighting types, but I have always seen people use fighting types as a second typing. For example, when people identify Toxicroak, they usually associate it with a poison type instead of a fighting. The same applies to mons like Blaziken and Chesnaught. Also, fighting type moves are quite common, but they seem to be put on other mons for coverage. Brick Break is a huge example of this (at least in game).

Thank you for the kind words, though! This is my first in game use of Blaziken, so we'll see how it goes!

5 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Generally I would agree with you and fighting types, but I have always seen people use fighting types as a second typing. For example, when people identify Toxicroak, they usually associate it with a poison type instead of a fighting. The same applies to mons like Blaziken and Chesnaught. Also, fighting type moves are quite common, but they seem to be put on other mons for coverage. Brick Break is a huge example of this (at least in game).

Thank you for the kind words, though! This is my first in game use of Blaziken, so we'll see how it goes!

Well, I can say you're right about the three examples you've given, but I have others in my team like Gallade, Hariyama, Medicham, Scrafty, etc, and I consider fighting to be their primary type.

Oh, Blaziken is an absolute monster ingame. Speed Boost + Bulk Up is a very effective set. You can even use it as a support mon by Breeding Baton Pass on to it ;)

Chapter 2: Artemis Eats Lightning and Craps Thunder

Holy crap, was that terrifying! We just got through a big chunk of the beginning of the game, and all of it was extremely tense! We started off by looking for Julia at the abandoned lab, only to find this character:

Spoiler

55Zige3.png

I would upload more on this fight, but it went about as well for him as you'd expect.

1wjHE3y.png

I mean, I know Torchic is good, but it was only level 10! You couldn't come up with a strategy to win?

After Fern rage quit, we went back to Julia's gym, only to discover we went to the wrong power plant. We arrive there, and lo and behold, we have to team up with Fern... yay...?

We discovered in the warehouse that these mooks from this organization named Team Meteor have taken over the place. Fern and I took them out, and along the way, Artemis ended up evolving!

i5gnjSg.png

At this point, I was EXTREMELY worried, because I only found one common candy. I had to use it after I met this character. This guy was one of the higher-ups of Team Meteor:

Spoiler

kDvMXxk.png

Vegeta?!

Seriously, though, why the scouter? Is it supposed to accomplish anything?

We beat his mooks, foil his plans, and move on to the electric gym. This part had me petrified, as the fight would be a 1v6, where I might over level in the middle of the fight. Luckily, I had a plan...

Spoiler

lFnnMBD.png

Two things before the commentary starts:

1) Why Comic Sans???

2) It doesn't look like it immediately, but from the side, it seems as if Aelita's sprite from Rejuvenation took some inspiration from Julia's (at least the hair)

With that being said...

nmg2IQi.png

ZQcCduG.png

We start off with an Electric/Normal type. One double kick brings it down.

ShGw28Z.png

Emolga comes out next. I don't want to get hit by Nuzzle or Acrobatics, so I use Sand Attack. It works like a charm. I knock it out with Ember while taking no damage.

sWdKN6w.png

This seems like a bold move, but I decided to get rid of peck because we would not be seeing any major fighting types at this point, and fire moves could be used for grass types. Anyway, back to the battle:

4aCmMFq.png

Another Double Kick knocks it out with ease, but here's where things get tense:

IT HAD AFTERMATH!

WUpxSYx.png

SO DID THE OTHER ONE!

mszXPwz.png

Luckily for us, Blitzle provided an easy KO with Double Kick, which led to the main matchup:

A31vLQF.png

I decided to use the same strategy as I did with Emolga by using Sand Attack first. Luckily, it worked: Electrode missed, and I got a critical hit Double Kick to win the match!

3inxtI4.png

Well played, Artemis...

Now that we have our badge, we can FINALLY catch other team members! Next time, we look for more backup for Artemis!

Chapter 3: Goldmill goes Recruiting

After we managed to pull through Julia's gym, we went onward to Florinia's. Before we could get there, however, we were stopped by a gate keeper.

MRJ0oPx.png

Honestly, that seems fine by me. In a place like Reborn, you need to make sure you are in top condition. Besides, a trainer like that would have to have something interesting, like a Gible, or a Bagon, or maybe even a-

Spoiler

NQcpXDT.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After that little incident, we met up with Florinia. According to her, some vines were causing some damage to the city, and she wanted our help to solve the problem. Without hesitation, we went on to find the source of the problem...

...is what I would say if Victoria decided not to stop us. She thought we were "too weak", because apparently Artemis (Combusken) beating Julia by herself wasn't enough. With that in mind, we went to battle:

Spoiler

0Bq6U1Y.png

OEjH3NM.png

The fight starts off with a Ralts, who gets blown away by a Flame Charge.

rc8edyg.png

Makuhita is next, who gets in a Sheer Force Fake Out before Artemis takes it out.

TCfQfDF.png

This part wasn't too hard. Two double kicks were more than enough to take it out.

Before we went on to the Slums, I noticed Artemis was getting pretty high leveled. I went to the candy store and bought 15 Common Candies. Afterwards, it was time to move on to the slums, where we found something awesome:

Spoiler

X8LQNQO.png

ANOTHER FIGHTING TYPE! FINALLY, SOMETHING ELSE TO ADD TO THE TEAM!

u73PGcM.png

"I pity the fool, and I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got!"

That wasn't all, however. The recruits kept coming:

OPg7D7J.png

"I'm scared of failure all the time, but I'm not scared enough to stop trying."

BhfKtUT.png

"Lemme just tell YOU somethin'... Fortune's going to be smiling on ME in the end, punk!"

fP1cshE.png

If this egg isn't a fighting type, should I trade in on Wonder Trade, or just box it?

We ended up finding another potential member, as well: a Scraggy! We followed it to the end of the Slums, but we ran into something unpleasant:

46oRkMv.png

Now, it was time to fight!

Spoiler

6UOSfnM.png

The fight starts off simple enough, me karate chopping the Scraggy on the right, while Artemis took out the Scraggy on the left with a Double Kick.

OsJmsWA.png

For the next set, I did the same thing as turn one.

Uac0PCD.png

That's when Scrafty came out and took down Ronda Rousey, boosting its Moxie. Fortunately, Artemis was their to clean up house with Clubber Lang (Pancham).

PMjGOJu.png

Next, we will be moving onward to the PULSE Tangrowth! Let's hope it doesn't give us too hard of a time!

Current Team

Spoiler

7249uMu.png

Chapter 4: Wrath of the Tankgrowth

After healing up our Mons, we were ready to assist Florinia. First, however, we were required to find Amaria, one of the higher ranking members of the Reborn league. She was trying to save an Oshawott from poisoned waters, but fortunately, Cain was able to save it with his Grimer. This caused Oshawott to want to follow Cain, giving him diversity to his team. Armed with a new member, we were asked a favor:

zyRPdRa.png

Of course, Goldmill isn't going to take no for an answer, so it's time to fight!

Spoiler

tEddibW.png

jzrCuJ3.png

Flame Charge KOs it.

7nAbclV.png

Nidorino gets KOed by two Flame Charges.

xRkVPOl.png

Venonat gets blown away. At this point, I'm thinking:

z24raHm.jpg

But of course, he has one Mon left:

KgeON2R.png

I decided to give Clubber Lang some experience here. I though he may need it.

xRRJlew.png

Really, because I thought we were fighting...

Afterwards, Amaria and I traveled upward to see what was the cause for all of the vines. We found someone named ZEL, a person with three personalities in one body. They were the ones responsible for the PULSE Tangrowth. In order to show it's power, Zero sent the Tangrowth to attack us...

Spoiler

...and my GOD, is this thing a tank!

rcx9aol.png

I started with Rousey (Mankey), hoping to get some EXP. I then switched to Combusken in the middle of a Vine Whip.

KjBlV7i.png

Here's where I think I misplayed. I used Flame Charge, where Ember may have done a bit more damage. I wasn't sure, because Ember is trash. Nevertheless, I had to switch out, because Acid Spray was doing a number on Artemis.

TAiLDKH.png

Poor Grubba never stood a chance. I used this opportunity to heal Artemis.

DVHPs2K.png

Rousey's turn was also used to heal Artemis.

X1SO7Cu.png

This time, I went for the Sand Attack. While Artemis went down, Tangrowth did miss a Mega Drain, allowing for extra damage.

1JMEfjW.png

Clubber Lang put on the finishing blow, landing a solid Iron Fist Comet Punch.

g16RsU4.png

"Dead meat..."

We will be training for a bit, as Rousey (Mankey) and Grubba (Makuhita) really need it. I found out that the egg I have is a Ducklett egg. Should I wonder trade it, or should I just box the Ducklett? Next time, we take the fight to Florinia!

Current Team

Spoiler

8hmlix3.png

Chapter 5: Clubber Lang Predicts Pain

After we took care of that nasty Tangrowth, we moved on to the Grass type gym. We were going to give Florinia the thrashing of her life, but Fern decided to be a jerk and block out our path once more. We fought our way through the school, until we finally reached Fern. Here is how the battle went:

Spoiler

xMwaGaI.jpg

I have yet to use anyone other than Artemis against Fern.

After dispatching Fern, we went into Florinia's chamber! As we entered, we saw that it was a sand field. Since the battle would be a 4v6, I didn't want to take any chances. Because of that, I devised a plan that would put Florinia down for good. Here is what happened:

Spoiler

NmHUPA2.png

WdbMMad.png

While we took a Nature Power Sand Tomb, a few Flame Wheels were still enough to take it out. That is when my plan came into action.

Re9Eudl.png

Rather than fight Breloom directly, I decided to spam Sand Attack in the Sand Field, lowering Breloom's accuracy to its minimum. That's when I made the switch to Ronda Rousey.

d0d7UgA.png

With Breloom at -6 accuracy, Rousey was allowed to spam Seismic Toss. That would waste Florinia's last Super Potion. However, Breloom is still superior to Mankey, so Rousey went down. That's when we shifted to part three of the plan:

GiFxk8X.png

Without its healing, I decided to use Work Up on Clubber Lang six times, maxing out its attack. I followed up with Slash: instant KO.

FUBRqoo.png

Karate Chop was an easy KO, despite the Iron Barbs.

nZrvFwy.png

One Karate Chop took down the Cacnea with ease.

zwujCPw.png

Cottonee had the type advantage, but it used Leech Seed instead, allowing for an easy Slash KO. All that was left was Florinia's ace, Cradily...

YPVPUaN.png

Of course, there was only one possible outcome for this fight...

"Pain..."

asLQ7Zz.png

With enough preparation, brawn triumphed over brain! Our egg will be hatching soon! Since it will only be a Ducklett, should we trade it away on Wonder Trade for a Fighting Type? The next one we can get doesn't arrive until after Shelly. Regardless, next time, we will investigate the strange happenings in the Jasper Ward!

Current Team

Spoiler

e60qSS5.png

I don't think anyone will fault you for wonder trading ducklett for a fighting type. Maybe try Corey and Shelly with the team you currently have, and only trade if you hit a wall? But it's up to you regardless. 

Great work so far! :D 

News Update!

The Ducklett hatched! I decided to try my hand at Wonder Trade in order to get a fighting type. However, it has been... uncooperative...

Luckily, I did get something really cool!

ct1tPKp.png

Would anyone like a shiny Clamperl for a fighting type that is not a Torchic, Pancham, Mankey, or Makuhita? You will be the one who also decides the nickname. If so, let me know down below!

Chapter 6: Chatot's Chattering Carnage

After we got our second badge, we went onward to the Jasper ward in order to investigate the weird plants. Of course, we realized that the PULSE Tangrowth was likely responsible for the attacks on Jasper, as well, but what we didn't count on was the police asking for our help. The chief asked us to find five police officers. So far, only two have been found.

While exploring through the woods, we stumbled upon someone named Taka. He seemed nice, as if he was someone you wanted to hang out-

LZVYzQp.png

DEAR GOD NOT AGAIN

We put two and two together quickly, realizing that Taka was likely a part of Team Meteor. We immediately took to battle...

Spoiler

...and my goodness, was it hard. For a fighting mono, there is one Pokemon of his that gave me a lot of problems.

FWtCO53.png

L9oy86c.png

The battle started off with Rousey using Screech on the Lileep, wearing down its defenses. After a couple of Karate Chops, Lileep went down, costing Taka his Super Potions. That's when the fight got intense...

N0K53n9.png

The move Chatter for this part of the game is way too strong. I think it guarantees confusion, and is a relatively strong Flying type move (at least for that point in the game). Luckily, Artemis got in two max damage Flame Wheels while Chatot went for Nasty Plot on the first turn. This meant only one Pokemon was left...

dHmpzno.png

...and it was the tank himself, PULSE Tangrowth. I started with an Ember, thinking it's Special Defense wouldn't be as good. My goodness, how incorrect I was. I had to resort using Sand Attack on Tangrowth while switching in to Rousey.

7BLzzeC.png

While many of Tangrowth's attacks missed (allowing for free Seismic Tosses), it did eventually hit a Mega Drain. I ended up bringing back in Artemis, who Flame Wheeled the beast to death.

3UmNby0.png

Afterwards, we ended up finding a little girl named Heather, who has quite the personality...

iMpL665.png

f3X0lBI.png

She ends up telling us that in the Beryl Ward, there is another PULSE Tangrowth hooked up. All is well, but then:

J9Rs3kx.png

SALEMENCE?!

7xDt2Nm.png

...so do you have any spare Jangmo'os I could use?

Next time, we will be taking on the last PULSE Tangrowth!

Current Team

Spoiler

I6U1sVR.png

Another Quick Update

Since there would be no new fighting types for the next few areas, I decided to try and get one off Wonder Trade. However, that didn't work. What I did get, however, was a shiny Clamperl. I wanted to see if anyone would take it for a fighting type, and luckily, one awesome user, @Zarc, really helped me out. It is thanks to him I now have this awesome team member:

Spoiler

snOLfDh.png

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."

I will call this member the "big, blue button", as I will mainly be using him for emergencies only.

Soon, we'll be taking on ZEL and Taka! Thanks again Zarc!

Chapter 7: Law and Order: Meteor Victims Unit

After dealing with Taka and the PULSE Tangrowth, we investigated the strange happenings in the Beryl Ward, only to be captured ourselves by a group of wild Nuzleaf. Fern offered to let us go if we begged, but there was no way we would beg to Fern, especially if he hasn't KOed even ONE of my Pokemon. Fern decided to leave us rot, but then out of the blue...

Spoiler

UxS9wKn.png

Taka's Chatot?

It's going to be interesting if the rest of the Meteors find out about this...

We ended up saving the remaining Police officers, who offered to repay us by assisting our raid against the Meteors. Along the way, we even got a cool new evolution!

Spoiler

rqs8Gpl.png

"MAAAAAAAAAACHO GRUBBA!"

As we finally reached the last PULSE, we discovered something horrifying...

Spoiler

oTq8YY5.png

...oh, goodness, I have to fight both of you, don't I?!

Given how much trouble Taka gave me last time, I knew it would be unwise to leave him out on the field with a partner. Because of this, I came up with a plan to nerf Taka and his stupid Chatot:

Spoiler

hxH5jar.png

u4Zgk8b.png

The battle starts off with Bruce Lee and Artemis against Glaceon and Lileep. I begin the fight by focusing my attention on Glaceon. It goes down first turn with two Double Kicks. I teach Counter to Bruce Lee over Double Kick, as Low Sweep does more, and I could use Bide for the poison gym.

7JlcpBS.png

I waste no time using Low Sweep on Espeon, lowering its speed. Artemis follows up with a Flame Charge, and Espeon goes for Future Sight. Artemis gets confused, but breaks through to pick up the KO on Espeon.

fVChJDV.png

This part gets a bit frustrating, as the combination of Acid, Quick Attack, and hitting himself in confusion takes out Bruce Lee.

udeo9uK.png

Fortunately, Rousey is there to finish the job.

1IVOVec.png

Without the others, it's a matter of time before Lileep gets blown away...

...but then Tankgrowth comes back.

GrE9j71.png

Artemis ends up getting Acid Sprayed a few times, and Rousey gets Mega Drained to oblivion. I switch out Artemis for Clubber Lang.

su0pwxS.png

Grubba uses Sand Attack, lowering the Tankgrowth's accuracy to abysmal levels, and Clubber Lang uses Slash. He goes down to a Mega Drain, but the damage is done.

UJfX048.png

Artemis and Grubba are able to take out the Tankgrowth without taking damage.

BkhyPck.png

Finally, Chatot focuses its efforts on Artemis, leaving Grubba enough time to finish the job.

hMRUDzS.png

mChJmNw.png

However, drama ensued, as the police arrived on the scene. They ended up catching one of the culprits.

iZWJBJS.png

NJScaUd.png

We unmask the culprit, only to find out it's...

Spoiler

1CpiD62.png

GYM LEADER COREY?!

"And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids, and your stupid Grubba..."

The culprit still ran away, however, and is waiting for us at his gym. Next time, we bring Corey to justice!

Current Team

Spoiler

CPmsHsD.png

Chapter 8: The Battle of Beryl

After doing a bit of training, we confronted Corey in his gym. Before we could do that, however, we noticed that he hypnotized the police officers in the vicinity with his own poisonous gasses. We defeated them relatively quickly, and moved on to confront the poison leader himself.

Clearly, he was not in a normal state of mind. He started to blame me for everything that happened, claiming that if I hadn't shown up, his daughter would not have run away from him. While the logic is laughable, I can still understand his motivation. His daughter DID leave him, after all, and she was apparently the one thing holding his sanity together. However, he still broke the law, and as such, we must take him in. We quickly went to battle!

Spoiler

8g0PIIv.png

I'm not going to lie, this fight took a few tries. Luckily, we were able to barely pull through, thanks to a carefully laid out strategy.

q3Rw9uS.png

Bruce Lee started the fight by Rock Smashing the Skrelp, lowering its defense. While it didn't kill it, it made it much easier for Artemis (Combusken) to clean up.

1k9vp38.png

One Flame Charge does the Skrelp in. Poison activates, but Artemis's Pecha Berry negates the effect.

kkb9DbX.png

Corey's Croaking has the ability Dry Skin. You can probably guess how well it handled a Flame Charge.

s6rAIbr.png

Artemis was able to quickly take out the Grimer with two well placed Flame Charges. Thankfully, it had missed a Mud Bomb, allowing Artemis a clean KO.

However, here's where things got tricky. I had little health on Combusken, and one of Corey's two major threats came up: Skuntank. That thing was bulky enough where it could sweep through my team. Luckily, I had a move which could deal with it:

Screech.

4rFZec5.png

Rousey uses Screech after surviving an Acid Spray. I use the second turn to heal Artemis.

MjZawE2.png 

The plan works, and a Flame Charge takes it down. Unfortunately, a field-effect boosted Aftermath takes effect and KOs Artemis (brings her down to 6 hp, having poison damage finish the job).

5Ng9Bs3.png

At this point, I revive Artemis and heal Artemis while Lang takes hits. He goes down, but he performs valiantly.

M9e3b3Z.png

Artemis is able to quickly take out Nidorina with two more Flame Wheels...

...but then this monster comes out.

m5Nh7Ov.png

This Crobat gave me SUCH a hard time. I used Flame Wheel on it once, but Crobat eats the hit and takes down Artemis.

t6StFDJ.png

Grubba is the last Mon standing at this point. I click Sand Attack. Unfortunately, Crobat goes for Air Cutter...

...AND MISSES!

Pecha berry activates, and I am able to get in another Sand Attack while Crobat goes for Venoshock. I heal Artemis to full health, and Crobat KOes Grubba with a Venoshock.

0Lxho62.png

Suddenly, Crobat starts missing everything, and Artemis is able to finish the job with some Flame Wheels.

Also, this happened:

chUux8j.png

THANK YOU, AND GOODBYE EMBER

wQ9aCK8.png

After that long fought battle, Corey invited me to visit him at the Beryl bridge, where he promised to give me "everything I want". Clearly, this means I will be getting my badge soon, which is extremely exciting! Next time, we will be collecting our shiny new badge...

...right?

Current Team

Spoiler

A7TPD8s.png

Chapter 8.5: Top 10 Saddest Anime Deaths

I decided to let this be a separate mini part, since you could analyze these ten minutes by itself, and it would be an exciting enough moment (even if it is not exciting in a positive way). We went to the bridge to get our badge, when this happened...

Spoiler

h23a1GB.png

atyXDNS.png

Actually, I'm just here for my badg-

xrA7cAE.png

...and what does this have to do with-

bK7iMkF.png

Okay, but I'm just here for-

DXmlY2r.png

...I'm sorry, who? I'm not paying attentio-

k3Rbh8W.png

...yeah, but you also promised the league to give those who win your challenge a badge. Also, who did you serve agai-

mdEhkl8.png

7WV3jzD.png

IJzogeW.png

Who, the girl with the Salamenc-

5h8E1qI.png

...what are you doing?

Wp5EqD0.png

...are you going to give me my badge or what?

xKIFkjA.png

...so, can I call you back in a week when you heal it off?

As you guessed, we lost our opportunity to get another badge. On the bright side, however, we did get something else pretty cool: a brand new evolution!

Spoiler

OAAibkf.png

"Everything you're going through and everything you've gone through will be worth the struggles and frustrations."

Next time, we will be investigating the strange explosion at the gateway!