Choose My Team: Rejuvenation Edition (LP COMPLETE)

56 minutes ago, Yellowspaghetti said:

Litleo! 😍 Name her Ashanti, which is African for warlike or aggression.

Damn you was faster then me, because I will like to see Growlithe :P

But I let you the first place for Litleo ;)

Take Seviper(Name is Snake) to your team till you get Stunky

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FactoryofSadness said:

Chapter 7: Venam's Arsenic Assault

Last time, we were being chased by the dreaded Team Meteor Xen. We were ready to tell Professor Jenner about this dreaded team, in order to stop them once and for all...

...but first, side quests!

This is another aspect I prefer in Rejuvenation. Not only are side quests easy to find, but they offer lucrative rewards. They are the best of both worlds. For this side quest, we went to stop a local gang from running away with a girl's Starly. While the thieves were about to get away, this woman crushed the boat with stone. How she did that, you may ask? Well... magic...

Reveal hidden contents

595b06fdab9c6_ScreenShot2017-07-03at10_06_04PM.png.f124257a6e99be8dd3bfabe2b39f53f1.png

I know a lot of you already know who this is, but for those who may not, let's just say I think her ace may be a certain custom fusion we see later on in the game...

After that happened, we went back to speak with Jenner, and... turns out he was a spy. We found Madelis, and as Melia was escaping with Alpha Metronome, she used her Houndoom to snipe the Togepi, limiting her movement. Jenner explained to us that he gave us the snag machine in order to stop the Xen grunts. As he was explaining, however, a woman named Crescent sent in her Gothitelle and kidnapped Jenner. You may not remember Crescent, but she was actually on the boat with us and our mother. This brings up another point about Rejuvenation compared to Reborn:

Reveal hidden contents

We haven't even got the first badge yet, and we have already met a lot of characters. We have met:

• Our Mom
  • Crescent
  • Piano Lady
  • Augustus
  • Nastasia
  • Tesla (the lady with the Talonflame)
  • Amanda
  • Jan
  • Jenner
  • Ren
  • Venam
  • Melia
  • Eli
  • Sharon
  • Zetta
  • Madelis

Keep in mind, there are the only required characters to meet at this point. If you do side quests like I do, you can even run into Karen and another Alolan character we will meet next time. In Reborn, your required meetings include:

• Ame
  • Julia
  • Victoria
  • Cain
  • Fern
  • Florinia
  • Aster
  • Eclipse
  • Sirius

Nine is still a lot, but Rejuvenation has 16 REQUIRED MEETINGS! That's almost double! Just something I thought was interesting...

Anyway, we ended up doing some training, and one of our members evolved:

Reveal hidden contents

595b06fd3cd58_ScreenShot2017-07-03at10_19_50PM.png.0af54cf8a7975e9e266788670f608279.png

By the way, that color scheme is gorgeous!

Next, we went on to challenge Venam's gym. We didn't find a Stunky yet, but we DID find an abandoned yard in the back of Venam's gym. She explained to us that her old Seviper gym was closed down when Jan showed up. She then told us to take whatever we found, which was fine by us, because we found this:

Reveal hidden contents

595b06fbe86a4_ScreenShot2017-07-03at10_50_33PM.png.7a6b97ff6b5cda4d1670393e8e776653.png

A Seviper egg! Seems as if Dangerous is happy he found a new friend!

Finally, we made it to Venam to challenge her to a fight, and to be frank, I misplayed way too much. The second Pokemon she sent out was a Grimer. However, I didn't think it would be an Alolan Grimer, and I left Chime Chime out. I needed to switch out, and that messed me up. I almost lost because of my carelessness. Thankfully, we managed to pull through.

We will be doing the side quests next, as well as Rock Smash from the local gang leader. Where can we find a Stunky? Who else should we catch? Replace? Use? Should we use the Seviper? If so, what should we name it? Let me know!

Team Recap

Reveal hidden contents

Dangerous the Grovel (level 20)

Chime Chime the Chingling (level 19)

Fenrir the Rockruff (level 17)

Satyr the Vivillon (level 17)

What is the mod that you're using that allow's Pokemon to follow you?

Filler Chapter 1: A Hazardous Helper

Before we will be meeting Venam at Amethyst Cave, we decided to complete the remaining side quests of East Gearen. As I said, overall, I believe these side quests are better than Reborn. However, I will be reviewing each one individually, rather than spending a part for each side quest:

Save Starly!: We actually did this one before we fought Venam, but it's a pretty standard introductory side quest. You end up meeting Karen, who has magic powers for some reason (at least, that's your impression at first). Overall, a great first side quest.

Missing Mother: An interesting fetch quest which gives you some insight on Grand Dream City. You learn a bit about some mayor named Cassandra, who is apparently strict with the way she runs her business. This side quest is quite good.

The Hidden Library: Oh, boy, here we go. This side quest leads into a bigger story line involving the Garufa, a tribe which hated Pokemon, but were fascinated with their powers. This side quest is quite interesting...

Love Letter!: ...but then we get to this side quest. I'm not going to lie, this side quest is pointless. Here's what you do. You talk to a person, walk 50 feet right, talk to another person, walk back, talk to his secretary, and you win. It's too short and linear for my tastes. I would give the player the option to give the love letter to someone else if necessary. It IS a key item, after all, and could lead to some hilarious interactions. Sadly, this mission is a bit too linear to my liking.

Dangerous Pokemon!: I like this mission! It provides a good challenge with a good reward if you win. You have to beat up the Growlithe and their Arcanine leader, which provides for a unique challenge, but it's very much worth it.

Spoiler

595b8961bf994_ScreenShot2017-07-04at7_40_21AM.png.e47edd294b723bab91a12e878457d79b.png

...oh, by the way, meet one of our newest members, Hazard Smell the Stunky (female)!

Battle Me!: This one is my personal favorite missions! You get to fight a girl named Novae in what is actually a pretty unique fight! She uses only Gen 7 Mons, and she can be tough if you come unprepared. Otherwise, this fight is fun at the worst.

Spoiler

By the way, here's what you get for winning:

595b8960be7f2_ScreenShot2017-07-04at8_12_17AM.png.4d50e7d974f78910ccf81e21acd9d4d9.png

Our other newest team member, Ashanti the Litleo (female)!

We then got to fight Karrina for Rock Smash, and won rather handily. For the first time, we have more than six party members. Who should we use? Box? Catch (don't worry, we WILL get the Buizel)? What should their names be? Let me know!

EDIT: The Buizel has been caught! The party has been updated accordingly!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Party

Dangerous the Grovyle (level 22)

Chime Chime the Chingling (level 21)

Fenrir the Rockruff (level 20)

Satyr the Vivillon (level 19)

Hazard Smell the Stunky (level 15)

Ashanti the Litleo (level 15)

In the Box

Name is Snake the Seviper

Flojet the Buizel

Growlithe (what should its name be)?

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Chapter 8: Hazard Smell vs the World

Finally, after our fight with Venam, we were able to move onward to save Melia... at least, we WOULD be unless we weren't stopped by a mysterious new figure named Nim. Fortunately for us, Nim is actually a good character. She is funny, interesting, and helpful during the main story.

Spoiler

595ba92f628cc_ScreenShot2017-07-04at9_58_50AM.png.bfba2a037dd25884c8131fa3860950a6.png

This area is another example of the superior environments Rejuvenation has over Reborn. A beautiful forest is a nice change of pace from a dark city rather than in Reborn, when you go from one dark city to another. This place is another great training ground for the new guys.

Eventually, we found Nim, and she gave us back our money. However, despite this, she still required that we defeat her in a fight in order to advance. Because of this, we went on to battle.

Spoiler

595ba92e5e384_ScreenShot2017-07-04at10_24_07AM.png.6e974ea75faace79c3f49dd465fe5344.png

This is another area which has seen great renovation. There is one area, however, that blows all the other's out of the water, but we'll save that for next part.

This battle was really intense! It started with a lead of Dangerous the Grovyle and Fenrir the Rockruff teaming up on the Solrock. However, when it didn't take it out, Solrock and Lunatone ended up taking out Fenrir. I then sent out Hazard Smell, the Stunky. It was only level 16, so I really didn't expect much. I used Poison Gas on Solrock and Lunatone. While that happened, both teamed up and took out poor Dangerous. The two proceeded to sweep through most of my team. While Chime Chime the Chingling was able to handle the Solrock, Nim's Inkay was able to take it out. Lunatone died from poison, and that's when things REALLY got interesting.

At this point, it was a 2v1 against Hazard Smell. I had used Poison Gas the previous turn to poison the Inkay. I decided to go for a risk, and use Poison Gas one more time for the Espurr. That's when I realized something: the Espurr couldn't touch me. The only attacking moves it had were Confusion (which doesn't affect me) and Shadow Sneak (which gains a psychic typing in the Altered Dimension, nullifying the attack). That meant all I had to do was stall out the Inkay, and I win. That's exactly what I did: I Rock Smashed the Inkay, and then healed when necessary. We ended up barely pulling through with a worn down Stunky.

We will be going after Melia next! Who should we catch? Use? Name? Also, there are some battles coming up which give us the choice of either teaming up with Ren or Venam. Which of the two should we team up with? Let me know!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Party

Dangerous the Grovyle (level 23)

Chime Chime the Chingling (level 22)

Fenrir the Rockruff (level 20)

Satyr the Vivillon (level 19)

Hazard Smell the Stunky (level 19)

Ashanti the Litleo (level 19)

In the Box

Floret the Buizel

Growlithe (what should the name be?)

Chapter 9: Zetta's Really Bad Day

At this point, we are on the tails of Melia, who was chased to Amethyst cave. While we were looking for her, we took a quick moment to appreciate the beautiful scenery:

Spoiler

xorlNwj.png

In my personal opinion, this is the biggest and best renovation in the entire game. The colors are unique, the environment feels and look vast, and there are many unique Pokemon to be found in these caverns (even if all are not accessibly to us yet).

While we are there, however, we ran into some Meteor Xen grunts! We stole their Shadow Vanillite and Bonsly, who are now sitting in our box. We then learned some unfortunate news: Melia was killed off by a Galvantula. Needless to say, Zetta didn't seem too happy about it...

Spoiler

vmXPyOJ.png

This is something else vastly improved upon in this version: Zetta's character. In the original, he only makes some comments about us being "weak" and "powerless", but here, he seems to care more. Right now, this may seem like there is no motivation, but down the line, it makes more sense.

We end up teaming up with Ren, and there isn't much to say here, except that Ren's Scraggy put in work. Unfortunately for us, however, he still had one trick left up his sleeve:

Spoiler

lqyVmd0.png

A PULSE Dimensional Rift Galvantula! This Mon had the unique typing of Fire/Electric with the Parental Bond ability, allowing it to hit twice with Sucker Punch. It took time, but Venam's Whirlipede was able to hit the Galvantula with the Poison Point ability, crippling it.

We ended up escaping the Dimensional Rift, and to Zetta's dismay, Crescent came back to send Zetta to an alternate dimension.

Now, in the original version, Crescent disappears, Venam leaves, and Ren makes this REALLY angsty comment, saying something along the lines of "I wonder who the real girl is, Venam, or Veronica..." I hated that line so much the first time I played it. It is angsty for angst's sake. However, in the new version, Jan replaced that with a pretty interesting conversation between our friends and Crescent, who proceeds to tell us this:

Spoiler

QyjUCOl.pngE9YJUZS.png

Meanwhile, Ashanti is thinking to herself "Why is there a bunch of jelly on that backpack?"

Venam certainly wasn't happy to hear that, as she began to punch the wall repeatedly. This is what makes her a better character than Cain in my eyes. She has clear problems, and has to work to develop herself as a person, whereas Cain is set up to be the guy who can do no wrong, no matter what.

We will be moving on to Sheridan next! Who should we catch? Box? Name? Should we use any of the Shadow Pokemon? Finally, who should be used for the Keta fight? Let me know!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Party

Dangerous the Grovel (level 23)

Chime Chime the Chingling (level 23)

Fenrir the Rockruff (level 24)

Satyr the Vivillon (level 21)

Hazard Smell the Stunky (level 21)

Ashanti the Litleo (level 19)

In the Box

Floret the Buizel

An unnamed Growlithe

Chapter 10: The Sunset Sheridan Smackdown

We finally made it to Sheridan village! As soon as we arrive, we meet two more characters: the eldest, who is the caretaker of the village sensei, and Aelita, a student of the Sensei. Aelita in my opinion is the second best opinion in Rejuvenation, right behind Venam. She is the first one to act in a situation, and always thinks of others before herself (generally, but we'll get there when we get there). She also goes through a lot of development in this game, but that discussion is for another day. Reborn could use more characters like her (as the closest comparisons I have to her at this moment are Shelly, who is extremely timid, and Charolette, who is extremely aggressive).

Spoiler

mak0aX4.png

Even Satyr seems to be enjoying the village! However, I still wish they got the sprite for the shiny correct, but I won't complain. The fact that someone actually made this mod is awesome to me.

We entered the Sensei's domain to find: Keta, the village Sensei! He gave us the task of finding a Soul Stone and bringing it to the place where Melia was eaten alive. Ready for the task at hand, we went ahead and...

Spoiler

tmuBAo9.png7JwC2YI.png

Hey, look, two new awesome evolutions! Darwinism be damned!

We ended up finding the Soul Stone and taking it to the site where Melia was killed. Strangely enough, no soul was absorbed into the stone. While this displeased Keta, he agreed to battle us and let me tell you, this fight was fun!

Spoiler

wGonQOs.png

The fight started off relatively well, with Chime Chime (Chimehco) easily handling his first four Mons. However, we soon ran into a huge threat on Keta's team: Medicham. It easily tore through Dangerous (Grovyle) and Satyr (Vivillon). However, I decided to try one last thing: I used yawn with Chime Chime, and it worked! Medicham went down, and Lucario followed soon after! The fight was extremely satisfying!

You'd think that would be the end of it, but of course, the game does something Reborn is too guilty of doing, and decided "lol no badge yet". Therefore, next time, we will be entering Sheridan's secret cave! Who should we use? Catch? Name? Let me know!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Main Party

Dangerous the Grovyle (level 23)

Chime Chime the Chimecho (level 25)

Fenrir the Lycanroc (level 25)

Satyr the Vivillon (level 22)

Hazard Smell the Stunky (level 21)

Ashanti the Litleo (level 23)

In the Box

That Unnamed Growlithe

Daycare

Fojet the Buizel

1 hour ago, Alphagar said:

So, how does Scatterbug's evolution happen? Like what determines the pattern/color?

I'm not actually sure. Mine came from Goldenwood forest, but I'm not entirely sure. I think that would be a better question for Jan.

Hee hee I have a vivillon with the same pattern too :)

And I name my male growlithes Gary because he had an arcanine...

Anyway I'll follow this thread cause it looks interesting!

Chapter 9: Blatantly Unfair

After Keta went off into a mountain to stop team Xen, were we ready to answer the call to charge and fight along si-

-oh, who am I kidding, of course not! It was time for another side quest!

I wanted to get some training in before we left, so I accepted another mission. Apparently, some people were at a dock stealing goods. It wasn't too bad: Chime Chime (Chimecho) really saved our butts during the fight.

Afterwards, we went into Caratos Mountain, a place of rich and vibrant wildlife, only to find that the place had been destroyed from the inside.

Spoiler

JDxTJ2K.png

We then ran into SEC, a very interesting robot to say the least. It seems to attack any intruders with Shadow Mons. On the way up, I snagged a Shadow Salandit (female) and Quagsire (female).

Spoiler

cSN5kuD.png6aThWEX.png

SEC's redesign is also great! It actually looks like a robot instead of a demon!

Along the way up, we fought grunts, repelled SEC, and even got a cool new evolution:

Spoiler

6YmUhOw.png

For a new team member, no less! Meet Normal_One the Hariyama (male)!

We finally made it to the top, but two kids invading a base of terrorists worked about as well as you'd expect. Fortunately, while Aelita was captured, we managed to find Keta! Aelita's team was really strong, so surely Keta could-

Spoiler

8N9lgsn.png

OH MY GOD HOW DID HE BECOME A GYM LEADER?!

Some of his highlights include:

Using this crappy Crabrawler, which would die in one hit

Trying to use Counter on a Magneton repeatedly while my team gets Thunder spammed

Using Rock Tomb and Thunderpunch on a Servine instead of Flame Charge

Anyway, we finally got to Madelis, who:

ZcokSyj.png

Oh, no...

6HdaSK7.png

OH, NO...

jRH2pDR.png

OH GOD, NO!

Anyway, some of you may be wondering why there's this Quagsire following me around. Well, there's actually a way to cheese this fight:

Spoiler

Q3BvC5W.png

R2xgsfw.png

Quagsire uses Shadow Rush, takes enough damage to activate Hyper Mode for Mewtwo. Quagsire goes down, but Mewtwo starts to take recoil damage.

96Lphnp.png

Normal_One uses Fake Out, Mewtwo breaks through and kills him, but takes recoil (did he break through because my ability is Sheer Force?).

7OPOzyU.png

Fenrir uses Accelerock, Mewtwo blows him away while taking recoil damage.

wg0GyG0.png

Chime Chime gets blown back, but takes recoil damage.

P1vdG5Q.png

Dangerous gets KOed, but the recoil damage takes down the Mewtwo.

Tgj7KNm.png

Easy.

wxXBEwg.png

Thanks! I know that took a bit of cheesing, but I'm glad to see you were fine with-

Nf1TWAj.png

...yes it is. I knocked it out. You were there when-

3Nkq3Am.png

NO I'M NOT! MY WHOLE TEAM GOT REVIVED!

qc4l11S.png

You know, I hate it when games are blatantly unfair just to show how powerful an enemy is. Reborn only had one of these battles with Solaris, so it was fine. In Rejuvenation, however, you have three (even if the Gyarados fight got nerfed).

Eventually, after Keta sacrifices himself, we move on to the generator room and-

Spoiler

eVL4yT0.png

...welp.

Honestly, this fight isn't too hard. I attacked once with Quagsire and let Dangerous (Grovyle) get the KO.

We are now ready to move on to Keta's second fight! Who should we use? Catch? Name? Box? Let me know!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Party

Dangerous the Grovyle (level 27)

Chime Chime the Chimecho (level 26)

Fenrir the Lycanroc (level 27)

Hazard Smell the Stunky (level 27)

Ashanti the Litleo (level 28)

Normal_One the Hariyama (level 25)

In the Box

Gary the Growlithe (level 15)

Name is Snake the Seviper (level 1)

Shadow Quagsire

Shadow Salandit

Shadow Alolan Grimer

Shadow Finneon

Shadow Meowth

Chapter 10: Ode to a Bad Gym Leader

We finished up our last part with beating the Shadow Volcanion. Aelita and the Sensei wanted us to follow them to a place where Shadow Pokemon could be purified...

...but why do that when we have more side missions?

We decided to challenge Novae from the Alola region once more in order to gain some free experience, and trust me, the battle was extremely easy. Having Fenrir (Lycanroc) made the fight really easy.

We ended up picking up our reward afterwards:

Spoiler

wYNXLDR.png

Waffles the Pichu (female)!

We then were on our way back out, but were stopped by Keta's, who challenged us to a battle. We swapped our newest member out for Normal_One (Hariyama) and went down to the secret Grotto, where Keta was looking to fight us one last time.

This is one thing Rejuvenation does WAY better than Reborn: it doesn't give you nonsense about "lol your badge is invalidated". Once you earn a badge, you earn it, no exceptions. Anyway, onto the fight:

Spoiler

fMtUQQg.png

QgHywNE.png

I led off with Hazard Smell in order to poison the Hitmontop, but it used Dig. In response, I switch out to Chime Chime (Chimecho).

kILiNE7.png

With the boost, Chime Chime is able to decimate the Hitmontop. However, Keta tried to send in Pangoro as a counter. Fortunately, I came prepared.

poj8Xr3.png

Normal_One was barely scratched after a few Force Palms took the Pangoro down.

ZP3wqff.png

I sent in Chime Chime next in order to deal with Hawlucha. The Gale Strikes did nothing, allowing for an easy KO.

SAnVL7h.png

Finally, Sawk came out. I expected it to have Sturdy, so I let Normal_One whittle down Sawk so Chime Chime could finish it off. However, this sets up Keta's fifth Pokemon...

JGxISj3.png

...REALLY?!

...Okay, I think you all know why I don't like Keta too much, and in my opinion, he's even worse in this version. Keta is supposed to be easy for the first time, as he is dealing with emotional trauma. However, in the old versions, for the second round, he was much harder, since his team was more balanced and higher leveled. Here, he actually loses Pokemon, and is in a field effect where he is at a huge disadvantage against psychic types. It's not as if I'm on easy mode, either. This is Reborn styled difficulty. At least with Kiki, she didn't let her sickness stop her from being a good trainer, but here, he still is awful. Keta is essentially a very poor man's Kiki, but without the maturity.

Now that we have won, we will be looking for Saki in Goldenleaf-

Y5wYMuF.png

...I guess I should explain this, huh? After Keta moved on, his soul manifested in this statue. What does this mean? Good question, because it's never brought up again. Yes, we get a mention of the Soul Stone, but I would have loved to see this point explained in further detail for V9. Oh, well, perhaps we will see some more in V10...

...anyway, next time, our quest to Goldenleaf begins! Who do we catch? Box? Name? It's up to you!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Party

Dangerous the Grovyle (level 27)

Chime Chime the Chimecho (level 27)

Fenrir the Lycanroc (level 27)

Ashanti the Litleo (level 29)

Normal_One the Hariyama (level 26)

In the Box

Gary the Growlithe (level 15)

Waffles the Pichu (level 9)

Chapter 11: Ren Cockblocks Temere

After a disappointing battle with Keta's spirit, we continued our quest to Akuwa in order to fix the Snag Machine. Along the way, we ran into Amanda, who seemed depressed about Melia's and Jenner's disappearance. She felt even worse for Jan, who was stuck with all of the paperwork. Despite this, she still felt well enough to challenge us to a battle.

Spoiler

WPsvprx.png

nUU7xbe.png

I wanted to get Waffles a bit of experience, so I started off with Waffles, then switch to Fenrir.

bC9kSoP.png

A few Rock Tombs put it down, but Fenrir suffered a bit of damage.

DW9nlTz.png

I switched to Chime Chime in order to heal Fenrir. Chime Chime went down, but she was able to get off a confusion.

TNwSTPW.png

One Rock Tomb was an OHKO for Magmar.

umM2gLX.png

Torracat was brought down by a Rock Tomb, allowing Fenrir to learn Stealth Rock!

After beating Amanda, we ran into some guy named Rorim B. I would post what happened, but I feel as if Rorim B as a character is inconsequential. He contributes nothing, and demonstrates something else I think is a shame.

You remember those cool Shadow Pokemon? It was a fun and interesting gimmick, right? Well, you are now only able to catch two left: Rorim B's Vivillon (which isn't accessible until later), and a Jumpluff Zetta has. While Shadow Pokemon are cool, there are barely any to catch. In fact, there are only seven total in the entire game (excluding Shadow Beldum, which I like to consider more of an event), so I must ask: why even bother? They clearly were not important enough to the plot, so why make it a thing? Yes, you see more Shadow Pokemon (like Rorim B's Sudowoodo in this fight), but you aren't allowed to catch any of them. It's a missed opportunity, and I can only hope they are brought back for V10.

Either way, we then ran into Aelita, who was about to enter Goldenleaf. However, before we did that, she wanted to test her abilities as a trainer. It was time to battle!

Spoiler

17QaCDa.png

ybECNtC.png

Normal_One does not kill with Force Palms, but he DOES waste Aelita's potions. This allows him to pick up the KO on Scraggy.

LwYSMJu.png

Hawlucha is next, and it misplayed HARD. It used Feather Dance twice, allowing for an easy KO by Chime Chime.

f0ROxux.png

Combusken proved to be more of an issue. It decided to use Flame Charge, knocking out Chime Chime. However, she DID land a Confusion.

Jpj5Avr.png

This allowed Fenrir to KO it with a Rock Tomb.

vQUwpPz.png

You know, I like to think that this Mienfoo is her ace, because it gave the team a fair amount of problems. I decided to lower it's speed with Rock Tomb. Unfortunately, it countered with Drain Punch.

lm8JMv7.png

Normal_One used a Sheer Force Fake Out to get off some damage, but Mienfoo used Drain Punch again.

hhDFYDH.png

Dangerous used Leaf Blade to bring it down to the red, but even he goes down to a Dual Chop Drain Punch combination.

3r7HM81.png

I have only one chance at this point, as my last Pokemon is Waffles (Pichu). I decided to go for Echoed Voice on Ashanti, and Mienfoo uses...

...Dual Chop?

D0NXrbh.png

Not a bad first battle, Aelita, but next time, try not to misplay so much. Still, quite an impressive first bout by you!

But that's not all!

RE5neOK.png

Ashanti is now a Pyroar!

Finally, after we had our battle, we were ready to head out to Goldenleaf Town! However, as Aelita was entering...

...just look...

eQxUnLq.png

o8iCMU2.png

xfzrCbX.png

rcecRhH.png

rdDfFwY.png

aXSYs2Q.png

Cool! I'm heading in for a gym battle, anyway! How can I-

3wpEAQS.png

...wait, what are you-

o2OLm15.png

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

Ren's motivation here is laughable, and one person later in this version are not afraid to say it. Apparently, he is doing this for Melia in order to get stronger, but this whole motivation is going to lead into another plot point later on that I would prefer not to discuss at this point.

Either way, we need to find Venam. Who do we catch? Box? Name? Let me know down below!

10 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

100% my reaction every time I replay this part.

After this, I kind of started disliking Ren's face (though unfortunately a character I'm building shares the same name) :P

Chapter 12: "It's the Power... of RELIGION!"

*Bonus points if you get the reference

What a crazy series of events that was. We started off this journey attempting to find Venam. Of course, the first logical place to look would be in her sewer network. Therefore, we go down, and we find this:

Spoiler

YOaX9ra.png

Of course, we decided to press onward, and to our surprise, things only got more strange. We went from the sewers to this:

Fdtd3GD.png

MpYHcUv.jpg

Either way, we decided to investigate the premises, and to our displeasure, we saw a face who looked all too familiar...

Spoiler

zbx0RhL.png

As a side note, I hate how during all three times you visit the mansion, it looks different. It does not match up slightly to the one at the beginning of the game, and the third time you see it, it's supposed to take place during the events of that first game.

KQXfudY.png

What, are they going to escort us out or someth-

OAcTaW2.png

Wait, did they just teleport?

cVtHZnn.png

Are they teleporting us away?!

9ZDgMoK.png

...shit.

Still, we end up meeting another "new" character as a result of this. Remember Marianette? Well, she's here now!

fRKXwOR.png

With Marianette, we decide to confront her father about our friends, but we are stopped by a maid:

bAIlaYl.png

Get used to these this chapter, as they are everywhere. They act as glorified fetch quests. We complete her trial, only to confront her father. Fortunately, we made a deal:

DGeBHL2.png

Thus began a long and tedious part of the game. While I do not like this overall, there is one moment which sticks out to me in particular:

Spoiler

djzoIrH.png

rwb82hb.png

U8QlRxG.png

j1LZeMx.png

yAiEZS9.png

ZHlhpaI.png

Ozzq456.png

This is a great moment of development for Venam, and why I think she is way better than Cain. Cain is set up by Ame to be the guy who can do no wrong, and while that makes Cain extremely likable, he is overall quite flat. We have seen that type of character thousands of times before. Venam, on the other hand, is clearly selfish, but still wants to do her best for her friends. She is willing to acknowledge her shortcomings, and try and move past them (even if that usually fails). It creates a more interesting character.

Eventually, we ended up finishing all of the trials. There was only one trial left...

...but first, it's time for a secret!

Spoiler

a2Kpz1e.png

We ended up getting a pendant from this mysterious lady. Only time will tell what it does...

Finally, we were ready for our final trial, only to learn that we were to battle Marianette. Interestingly enough, she was also a gym leader. Quickly, it was time to fight!

Spoiler

eUyuMUZ.png

ENAysZZ.png

The battle starts off with Fenrir and Heliolisk. Fenrir uses Rock Tomb a couple of times, wasting Marianette's Hyper Potions. Fenrir gets KOed.

qqnrBix.png

Ashanti easily finishes the job with a field effect boosted Echoed Voice.

vMSQzlG.png

Ashanti gets off another Echoed Voice, but it's not enough this time. Snuggles picks up a KO.

iEnFmhf.png

Luckily, Chime Chime picks up the KO with a field effect boosted Confusion. However, it got a Hammer Arm on Chime Chime. It was time to switch out.

YgIdmvQ.png

Normal_One uses Vital Throw, and Cinccino uses U-Turn. It goes out to Porygon2 , who blows it away with Tri-Attack.

Gv25ha7.png

Chime Chime gets off a confusion, but it's not enough. Porygon2 gets another KO.

lBp14Vy.png

Luckily for us, Dangerous is strong enough to knock out the Porygon2. Still, however, I have no choice but to leave it in on a U-Turn Cincinno in order to revive Ashanti (Pyroar). This called for the riskiest play of the whole match.

docfdNp.png

With Waffles, I decided it would be best if she went for Thunder Wave. Of course, Pyroar outspeeds...

...but Waffles survives the Snarl, and gets the paralysis!

UF4TW1x.png

Ashanti gets healed up again, while Waffles gets KOed. Now it's up to Ashanti to finish the job.

XEuPVjk.png

Ashanti uses Echoed Voice twice. Luckily, Pyroar is crippled from paralysis, and can do nothing.

vHDFbR6.png

With the field effect boost, the second Echoed Voice annihilates Cinccino.

mlcG0kW.png

Finally, it was time to send Marianette back to the void.

5RNF4mh.png

While Ashanti was the clear power house in this fight, without Waffles (Pichu), we would have lost.

We ended up having to leave Marianette behind (due to some drama I will get into later... trust me, it's a low spot for the game), and can FINALLY move on to Goldenleaf Town! Who should we pick up along the way? Box? Catch? Name? It's up to you!

Team Recap

Spoiler

Current Team

Dangerous the Grovel (level 28)

Chime Chime the Chimecho (level 29)

Fenrir the Lycanroc (level 29)

Normal_One the Hariyama (level 28)

Ashanti the Pyroar (level 35)

Waffles the Pichu (level 22)

In the Box

Gary that Growlithe (level 15)

Daycare

Flojet the Buizel

Chapter 13: Wrath of the Demon Chicken

When we finally made it to Goldenleaf, we were extremely surprised that the citizens there treated its people like garbage. In fact, what made it even more disturbing was the fact that there was a noose on one of the statues!

3EP5Ks3.png

Despite the strange cheerfulness of Waffles, we proceeded to the Pokemon center, where we dispatched of a couple of citizens terrorizing the "outsiders". One of the people helping us was Aelita! It was nice to see a familiar face again. However, when informing the gym leader, Narcissa, of the incident, we ran into this guy:

n4aHT3R.png

He ended up trying to kill both Aelita and Narcissa, only to frame us in the process. Luckily, we were rescued by a girl named Mosely, who was willing to help us stop Geara.

Spoiler

sEeve1J.png

Despite the fact that her lines are way better in this version, Mosely is still pointless. Despite the focus she gets in this chapter, she is never seen or brought up again after this, and this is another problem Rejuvenation has: the characters. There are just too many to keep track of, and the plot can get extremely confusing as a result.

Eventually, we made it to Team Xen's lair, which was an abandoned radio tower. Of course, this place got a massive visual update, which was much needed. After we fought through the grunts, we ran into Sharon and Eli, who handed our butts on a silver platter a few times. Because of this, we needed some training:

Spoiler

U6rWFLP.png

d7Ne9zd.png

With our upgrades in tow, we were able to easily dispatch of Sharon and Eli, only to find something even more dangerous lurking below:

YsXwzcI.png

I love that line to this day!

...anyway, onto the fight:

Spoiler

OrJjUM6.pngyJdvfyn.png

The fight starts off with Normal_One and Fenrir focusing on the Haunter (with Fenrir going for Rock Slide). Fenrir goes down due to a crit Water Pulse.

oZpMFJX.png

A Max Potion is used on Frillish. Giritina, the legendary monster, goes for...

...slash?

He goes down immediately.

wVJnjo8.png

Marowak takes down Hazard Smell, but is brought to low health by Normal_One.

FvzIOKN.png

Dangerous takes out Frillish with a Mega Drain, while Marowak is taken down by a Knock Off.

zOf40v7.png

I mean, to be fair, you're the one with a Drifblim...

...to be fair, it outspends Normal_One and goes for...

...Will-O-Wisp on Dangerous?

GpJUGt9.png

Man, you sure were tough...

After Geara was defeated, we celebrated by eating a nice meal at Narcissa's house.

Spoiler

7PRIae8.png

As a side note, if anyone could draw everyone celebrating their win with Narcissa's great meal while Normal_One crushes Temere, that would be amazing!

Next time, we will be taking on Narcissa in order to win the hearts of Goldenleaf!

Current Team

Spoiler

QU4B0rb.png

EFAiEza.png

Chapter 14: The Shadow Queen

Before we went to fight Narcissa, we decided to do a bit of training. There were two tough battles coming up, and I wanted to make sure we would be prepared for both of them. I decided to get another haircut for Waffles, and she seemed so happy, she evolved!

BDWjo3m.png

With our new evolution on hand, we went to the gym, where Ren was begging Narcissa to let him battle her. After grilling him for being a raging hypocrite (since he locked us out with a fence), she decided to hold a competition. Whoever would reach her first would get the chance to battle her. Of course, along the way, she would perform in a play.

leQEXgF.png

I have always appreciated this about V9. This is exactly what her gym should have looked like in the first place. Before, the only way we would have known that she was an actor is her saying "Oh, by the way, I'm an actor. Just take my word for it." Here, her personality is on full display.

Either way, we ran into Ren, and had to fight for the fight to face Narcissa!

Spoiler

XhPvjUP.png

wWfBfCZ.png

The battle starts with Hazard Smell using Toxic. Confuse Ray seems to gain the psychic typing in this field, so it does nothing. Poison damage takes out Sableye.

56tE576.png

Waffles goes for Thunder Wave. Scrafty gets paralyzed, and then confused from Sweet Kiss. Scrafty KOs Waffles and gets the Moxie boost.

XekpH02.png

Normal_One uses Fake Out followed by Force Palm. Scrafty hits itself, causing to be 2 hit KOd (also, I uploaded Scraftys from two different battles: Ren took me a while).

RVfO8uf.png

Ashanti gets blown away while Normal_One gets healed.

s2suSG8.png

Normal_One gets off a Force Palm, but it does nothing. He gets burned from Scald, so he gets switched out for Dangerous.

uiUabbw.png

Dangerous gets blown away by Gunk Shot while Normal_One gets a Full Restore.

ws667d4.png

Normal_One uses Fake Out, gets destroyed next turn. Life Orb damage takes its tole.

hkQe5u5.png

Hazard Smell goes down, but so does Greninja from recoil.

eYONbDh.png

One Rock Slide puts down Houndoom.

kWpmwS5.png

Another Rock Slide ends the fight.

XXQVVkR.png

That took WAY longer than it should have.

After we beat Ren, we were able to meet Narcissa on stage! It seemed to be awesome!

...well, at least for most of the members. Dangerous may have gotten stage fright...

tfK0l8G.png

Either way, it was time to fight for the spirit of Goldenleaf!

Spoiler

And let me just say, this fight goes so well with the final boss theme of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door!

ddKwe9n.png

WR87SQq.png

Two Knock Offs are enough to take down the Gengar.

7QN4ZQb.png

Fenrir tries to take down Chandelure with Rock Slide, but it's not enough. He gets KOd by Energy Ball.

K4aF7qS.png

With a combination of Toxic and Night Slash, Hazard Smell brings down Chandelure.

4xzk6AD.png

Ashanti is able to get in a couple Embers before being taken down by Thunderbolt.

pvGflf8.png

Dangerous takes down the Rotom with a couple Dual Chops.

p7pdHmM.png

The Mimikyu takes out Dangerous this turn while Normal_One (Hariyama) gets healed.

9SRVwZ4.png

With Toxic and a few Lemonades, Mimikyu goes down.

QzZnuVj.png

Hazard Smell gets off a toxic before going down to Spectral Scream.

dNMTggd.png

I thought Normal_One may have been able to take a hit, but the Mismagius had gotten a Calm Mind off on Hazard Smell. He stands no chance.

lsGyJmB.png

At this point, I use a Max Revive on Fenrir while Waffles gets blown away.

paazeZ1.png

Fenrir is able to KO with Accelerock.

DSal4bI.png

Finally, with a couple Rock Slides, even the Spiritomb falls.

SiG8j8n.png

We ended up getting our fourth badge! Next time, we will be completing more Side Quests. Who should we box? Use? Catch? Name? We will be trying to win against Madame X, so is there anyone I should attempt to use? Also, should Waffles become a Kantonian or Alolan Raichu? Let me know!

Current Team

Spoiler

tmbjKUJ.png

ePCDcjv.png