Choose My Team: Rejuvenation Edition (LP COMPLETE)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filler Chapter 4: WHAT? HOW?!

Now that we have completed the main story of Terajuma, all we had to do was complete the side missions. Luckily, these side missions are actually pretty enjoyable. Here is a quick review of them:

Lighthouse: This mission is a generic fetch quest. However, it once again involves Team Anti Assist, who I am already starting to get sick of seeing. Luckily, for completing this mission, you not only get a Mareep, but the lighthouse goes on at night, attracting more Pokemon. Should we use the Mareep? If so, what should the name be?

Quiz!: Honestly, while this mission may overall be pointless, it's still hilarious, and my second favorite mission in the game. All you have to do is answer three questions. You can try as many times as you want. If it ended there, it would be pointless, but your reward more than makes up for it.

Spoiler

dAr4Jpy.png

WHAT?! HOW DO YOU KNOW?!

mXVRoVY.png

Oh, boy, we're finally going to learn the answer to an awesome myster-

bQ9KYfo.png

fFK6MSe.png

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! WHO WAS THAT?!

In all seriousness, I love the sheer lunacy of that scene. We even get an introduction to another character we will be meeting sooner than you may think!

Defend Me!: This is just a side quest where you beat up Anti Assist grunts. At least it's pretty much free experience, which Mr. Krabs (Crawdaunt) needs!

Research: This is a mission featuring Dr. Jenkel. It's another fetch quest, but in all fairness, this is also the introduction to another feature: two part side quests. Once you beat the mission, you get access to...

Spoiler

???: Indeed, this is the final side quest of Terajuma! After discovering all of Jenkel's robots, we discovered that they were possessed by none other than an army of Inkay!

UVElKkR.png

Keep in mind the number of Inkay on the screen.

As we descended into their secret lair, we discovered their leader, a Malamar, had possessed the move tutor of Sheridan Village. Honestly, it was pretty disturbing.

feG87WC.png

It was easy to beat them all. I softened up the Inkays until Dangerous (Sceptile) could finish them off with X-Scissor.

You may be wondering what happen to the seventh Inkay (as there are six Inkay fighting you and a Malamar possessing the girl). Well, that seventh Inkay was captured by Jenkel and given to us as an award. Dark, but also hilarious!

We are finally done with Terajuma! We will be heading off to Amber's place to hang out next! Who should we capture? What should their names be? Who should we use? Box? Also, there will be a point coming up when we get the choice to save either a little girl or a police officer. Who should we save? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

TYiWGMQ.png

niFmIrw.png

I suggest Cottontail for the Mareep!

As for the choice between a cop or a little girl... while I would automatically go for the girl, I heard there were different outcomes for each choice and I don't know which one would benefit.

Chapter 27: Pokemon Rejuvenation- WARPED!

After finally completing our side quests, we were ready to meet up with Amber...

...after collecting something extremely neat at Carotos Mountain.

Spoiler

8BXKG6c.png

When this hatches, what should its name be?

Also, I forgot to take a picture, but we added Cottontail the Mareep (female)!

After that side mission, we went back to Amber's house, where we picked up some disturbing news:

i93r5vx.png

Apparently, West Gearen had been hit with a gas attack. However, just as this was happening, Venam came in and informed us that it was time to look for Melia again. While we promised Amber, she reluctantly let us join Venam. This led us to that strange door on top of Valor Mountain, where we found two more neat things:

Spoiler

First, we found yet another new team member! Meet Mustache the Abra!

iun1fhc.png

Second, we found this thing while walking back:

uSJHYTJ.png

Should we use her on the team? If so, what should her name be?

After those detours, we walked through the door, where we found Melia by a strange crystal. Oddly enough, she didn't seem too happy to see us.

Spoiler

6D0mFn4.png

We don't care...?

WE DON'T CARE?!

It was you who decided to walk around and talk about how sad you were instead of start a meeting to save Nim! It was you who ran off without us, putting Nim in an even worse situation! Also, you were the one who talked poorly about your father until right now! Your motivations and personality traits are laughable, and you are just as bad, if not worse, than Victoria from Reborn!

Despite the situation, Melia let us travel with her to another period of time...

Spoiler

...and now, I get to fanboy for a bit:

I LOVE GEN III!

upcenYL.png

bquYCPI.png

This part of the game makes me smile so much! Generation three holds a special place in my heart, and to see it featured in the game with the original RSE music makes me smile! While this part drags on, the fact that it embraces RSE elements makes it all the more enjoyable for me!

With Venam's purple hair, we stood out like sore thumbs. Melia took us back to her hideout, where we all went for a quick change.

Spoiler

PDjRY3H.png

Most of these designs are excellent! I'm not quite sure about Melia's, as she reminds me too much of Marianette in that outfit. Having said that, it still works.

After we got changed, Melia told us about how two women named Spacea and Tiempa saved her from Zetta and the Xen grunts back in Amethyst Cave. Honestly, though, I have always been put off by Spacea and Tiempa (RANT COMING UP).

Spoiler

VmKazvv.png

These two ladies are supposed to be the embodiment of space and time. They are able to travel across realities without fail, and are able to know what is to come in the future...

...so why can't they find out where Crescent got the blood from?

In fact, why are they there? I really hope they end up being reserved forms for Dialga and Palkia, because otherwise, they are two more characters to be introduced for the sake of character introduction. Reborn did this pacing much better, focusing on a specific group of characters (Cain, Fern, Titania, Victoria). This is Rejuvenation's biggest weakness by far: the game has trouble keeping track of its own characters.

After learning a bit about Spacea and Tiempa, we met another new character.

6El3OEW.png

Kanon and Venam certainly didn't seem to get along, and while helping Venam vent, we discovered that that a woman named Anathea was being attacked by some Shiftry. One Flamethrower from Hazard Smell (Skuntank) quickly put them down. She offered us some food as a thank you. As we entered their house, we noticed something troubling...

Spoiler

D8BRflx.png

...Marianette?

9Cz0EDg.png

INDRIAD???

No, these were Maria from the beginning of the game and Vitus, right at the beginning of the game. I always wondered why the Mansion from the beginning of the game was not designed to look more like this one. This is because we have now traveled to the same mansion three (four if you count the hotel) times, each iteration being radically different.

That was not all, however: we had another new character:

pnM7d0s.png

This was Gardevoir, and it was clear that she was not fond of our presence.

Our new friend, Vitus, informed us that he was on the verge of losing his home to the Blakeory family due to a legal dispute thanks Saki. However, as he was leaving, we noticed some police officers walking toward another path in the woods. We followed them, only to find Gardevoir striking a deal with them.

Rvlo8kV.png

She told them that if they destroyed Vitus's house, all of them would receive infinite Golden Nuggets. Why they believed that is beyond me, but whatever, it's Pokemon. If there can be magical creatures who can control the elements, I guess at least one of them can create gold.

However, as we were leaving, we noticed a sparkling item by Gardevoir. We decided to pick it up, only to find out it was an Apartment Key. This is where things got weird...

Spoiler

We opened the apartment, only to find a journal down below.

qw4Ylb6.png

As we were reading through, the person writing the journal said they knew who would save the world.

JXqsqyf.png

BtlkXF1.png

HOLY CRAP!

This scene is awesome, but it also convinces me that Gardevoir is Madame X. There is another side mission in Amethyst Cave where you discover that Madame X's are being mass produced. Gardevoir would just have to possess one of them. Why else would Gardevoir have a key which would allow people to access this area? It would also be a neat twist, as she would be playing the Maids and Team Xen at the same time.

That wasn't all, however. We found a second journal.

kmYNm9d.png

This journal told us how to cure Dimensional Rifts. We quickly took to retrieving the journal.

UsQ60e6.png

Next time, we will be confronting the police officers! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Who should we box? Also, should we save the police officer, or Maria? Finally, should we give the journal to Melia when confronting the next Dimensional Rift, or should we be jerks? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

1q2Q8pd.png

Qj91qaZ.png

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Chapter 28: Extra Life

After a bit of a hiatus, we are back for our adventure! Last time we left off, Gardevoir convinced the police to destroy Vitus's house. We tried to reach him before the police could, but it was too late.

CMet5VX.png

Before we could do anything, the police arrested us for obstructing their work. One of the officers sent out his Tangrowth to demolish the house, and...

...let's just say he missed...

ED537le.png

Poor Anathea was killed right in front of our eyes. This pushed Vitus over the edge, much to the pleasure of Gardevoir, who decided to sacrifice the officers. We tried to save Maria, but Gardevoir ended up kidnapping her, as well. We eventually caught up to her in the Theolia household, where we discovered something sinister...

SkJUazE.png

Indeed, Vitus had decided to embrace a darker personality, going by the name of Indriad. Gardevoir was quick to inform the maids about their plan: they were to blow up the city with a bomb. Right as the plan was to be put into action, however, an old friend tried to put a stop to it:

Spoiler

AIHWh2c.png

Come on, Kanon, Gardevoir is part fairy type! You're at a disadvantage!

Needless to say, it didn't go so well for our friend. We were then given a choice: either attempt to save Maria, or save the officer. With that in mind, we decided to save...

Spoiler

2DJnZC9.png

Indeed, we decided to go for the officer. While we were attempting to save him, Venam took it upon herself to save Maria. While we freed the officer, however, Gardevoir caught us in the act.

olSTTGp.png

She gave us a chance to escape with our lives. However, we instead decided to confront her head on, even if it spelled our impending doom. That's when Venam came in to save us!

md4M0Ay.png

Venam commanded Charizard to use Heat Wave, building up smoke in the room and allowing us to escape. The officer was extremely thankful, stating that he would pay us back one day (perhaps in a future update).

We ended up escaping the mansion unharmed. However, there was still the matter of the bomb. We ended up finding Kanon and heading to the city in order to stop the bomb...

...but we were too late.

Indeed, Gardevoir had won. The city had been destroyed...

...if it wasn't for...

Spoiler

Madame X?!

BGq7JQj.png

mK5ppCC.png

P8ClnBM.png

5BebAp7.png

1m1ZO1W.png

Clearly, she is saving us because she thinks we are a part of the dark prophecy, just as Kanon is a part of it. However, this scene still gives me chills. It is extremely well done, and one of the stronger scenes in the game.

After that intense encounter, we were brought back to the square, as if it were a checkpoint. We found the maid at the Blakeory HQ, and were able to foil their plans!

3DNlhCJ.png

Unfortunately, Spacea then took it upon herself to...

...send Kanon through time?

But I thought only Tiempa could do that!

As we were getting ready to head back to the future, however, our egg hatched! Meet our newest member:

Spoiler

YBjvOTN.png

This Cyndaquil does not have a nickname yet. What should her name be?

Next time, we will be investigating the strange smoke in West Gearen! Who should we use? Box? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

Hs83b1G.png

Qj91qaZ.png

Chapter 29: Hyper-Charged Upset

After our escapades in the past, Melia brought us back to the present, where we learned that Kanon had been brought to West Gearen City. We explained the situation to one of the agents, Karrina (that's kind of neat), trying to ensure that we received safe passage. However, we did so in the worst way possible...

Spoiler

FLjBRNt.png

Great job, Melia! You just told her we had a bomb!

Maybe I'm a bit too hard on her here. After all, she only told Karrina that the bomb could "knock people and Pokemon out." It's not like she told her that it could be lethal. I mean, imagine how stupid that would-

lqre9Ph.png

Vz5T0RQ.jpg

DAMN IT VENAM!

Needless to say, Karrina would let us travel with her. We were forced to knock her out and commandeer her ship. Fortunately, the ship had plenty of gas masks, allowing us to traverse through the city. How our Pokemon could do that is beyond me, but whatever, it's Pokemon. While we were there, we stumbled across a horrifying monster.

m60Jti7.png

Fortunately, we were saved by Erick, the backup electric gym leader for Volta.

xzoW0rI.png

He explained to us that it was the monster causing the chemical attack in West Gearen, and that he has been trying to subdue the beast for a while. With our assistance, we eventually subdued the monster, only to find out something tragic...

Spoiler

r87qCok.png

SqKU1u1.png

It was poor Garbodor from the Garbage Crew. Apparently, it had been infected from Gyarados's Dimensional Rift, turning it into a hideous nightmare. 

All had seemed lost, but fortunately, we found hope in the strangest of places.

Spoiler

1rhJlNr.png

Remember that diary we found? We decided to show it to Melia, allowing us to cure Garbodor of its disease. We had found a way to stop Dimensional Rifts! Erick even got a neat orb out of the deal!

X6JkZmx.png

We'll see how that plays into the story later...

I forgot to mention: while traversing through the sewers, we got a cool evolution!

Spoiler

skdVS11.png

Cinnamon the Quilava has joined the team! She even knows Extrasensory!

We ended up saving West Gearen from the chemical attack! As a thank you, Erick let us challenge him in his gym! We quickly went to battle!

Spoiler

wqN32Pe.png

Alright, I'm getting hyped for this battle! The Sun/Moon Elite Four theme goes really well with this environment! Let's see what levels he has on his Pokemon...

jvylxye.png

...shit.

As you can see, I was quite under leveled for this fight. Luckily, I came up with a plan.

The battle starts with Waffles building up Nasty Plots. Waffles takes hits from Rotom, while Hazard Smell gets hit with a Fake Out from Raichu. At this point, the best bet is to sacrifice Hazard Smell while Waffles maxes out her attack. As she does, Raichu KOs Hazard Smell with a Thunder Pulse. Fortunately, Aftermath activates, and damages Raichu.

oAxBQTB.png

Cinnamon is brought out for fodder. Waffles is healed, and then goes for a +6 Psychic, OHKOing the Rotom.

wzlbXRy.png

A Psychic brings down the Eelectross, while Dangerous's Leaf Blade hits Raichu. Raichu's Psychic doesn't do much to Waffles.

lsJiZXi.png

Waffles and Dangerous double team the Mega Ampharos with Psychic and Leaf Blade, KOing it in one turn.

6eHmJHr.png

Waffles decimates Jolteon with a Psychic. Dangerous baits Raichu with a Detect, causing zero damage.

rJEzTOa.png

Waffles receives a Hyper Potion while she simultaneously goes for a Psychic, OHKOing Electivire. Raichu goes for Psychic on Waffles, but it doesn't do any major damage.

GOHTdkV.png

The poor Raichu never stood a chance...

NBmGhhC.png

Waffles was the only reason we were able to pull off the upset. She is easily the MVP for this fight.

We were able to pull off a win against Erick! Next time, we will be completing some more side quests! This includes getting the Type: Null and Shinx requested long ago. Who should we use? Who should we box? Who else should we catch, and what should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

b4kaE18.png

maxDHAV.png

if you do the help center quest you can get your self a starter egg and i think you this be the time to get type null and shinx if shinx is there 

i also forgot there alolan vulxix that you can get you can find alolan sandslash in valor mountain when it calm breed alolan sanslash so you can get alolan sandshrew because you can trade alolan sandshrew for alolan vulpux which the woman is at the bottom right of the place where angie used to be

Edited by espeon860
forgotten information

Filler Chapter 5: Personal Demons

After that intense battle with Erick, we spent the day completing side missions. The first thing we did was attempt to enter the Odd House in Goldenleaf. As we entered the house, we noticed a mirror, smashed it, and witnessed the worst...

Spoiler

29lDGTP.png

We released a "demon"! My guess is that Dufaux here is a Dimensional Rift Rotom.

After the beast fled, we took the time to catch two more members to the team! Meet the two newest recruits...

Spoiler

LB96ooc.png

5DJfTX1.png

Gladion looks absolutely jacked! Both will make fine editions to the team.

With those out of the way, we began our side quests.

Generator Problems: This one requires that you activate the Odd House event. Rotom sent by Dufaux have taken over the Power Plant, and it's up to you to confront the demon. This quest is difficult, but satisfying. It's ending is also quite disturbing.

Spoiler

6jg4rDS.png

DhNw69f.png

What are you-

CorZABR.png

...don't tell me...

7Yhr4ZF.png

U4c7F7I.png

JESUS CHRIST!

It's even more disturbing when you realize that's the last you will see of Narcissa for this update. Yes, the plot point will be resolved eventually, but until then, this is disturbing.

Fortunately, we received a great reward. We were given access to the generator room. This allowed us to evolve another member...

Spoiler

4D0Rrvf.png

House Sit: This is one of the most boring missions by far. It may seem interesting at first, but then you realize that the mission consists of one battle, and nothing else. I like to call it an interactive cutscene, because you don't even do anything major after the fight other than interact with Sakitron's diary. Fortunately, during the fight, we did get a cool new evolution!

Spoiler

oe7Ruyt.png

After she evolved, we went to the move tutor in Sheridan and taught her Eruption!

Hidden Library 3: ...oh, boy, where do I begin with this?

I understand why this may be a cool mission, but when you start to look at it, you begin to notice some cracks (see spoilers below):

Spoiler

First, the battle system:

cZBw751.png

It's way too different for this point in the game. While it reflects some aspects of the RPG elements of Pokemon (rock/paper/scissors-esque fighting), it's just too slow.

Second, and more importantly, the main story assumes you did this side mission. Later in the game, you will run into Allen and Alice again, where it is assumed the MC freed them from their dimension. That is not fair, as not all players are going to focus on side missions their first time playing. It just makes the plot even more confusing.

Either way, we got an awesome payoff for this mission. First, we got a Mega Stone for Banette. Second, we even got a starter egg!

Spoiler

vqb6sHQ.png

Should we use this on the team? If so, what should its name be?

Finally, we bred an Alolan Sandshrew in order to initiate a trade! Say hello to the newest member of the team...

Spoiler

kDibOrd.png

Next time, we will be taking the train to Grand Dream City! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Who should we box? Also, more importantly...

Spoiler

Should we partner with Flora, Florin, or Erin? Also, should we rat Flora out to the others?

It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

t7SlrGR.png

whmbWEC.png

I vote partner with Flora, and keep her secret. I have never seen a playthrough where someone sided with her, and I wanna see what happens.

And I have no idea what that egg is, but I offer the nickname Swiss, on account it looks like swiss cheese that's bluish.

Chapter 30: Stand By Me: The Bladestar Chronicles

After our escapades with those side missions, we were briefed on the happenings in Grand Dream City. All of the citizens were being turned to stone! As such, Melia and company decided to try and stop these mysterious happenings...

...but not before Amber tried to take her Mom's Charizard back from Venam.

0zWuHGN.png

This made Melia pissed... and by pissed, I mean slightly annoyed. Honestly, though, whenever Melia gets angry, I consider it a victory.

As we were riding on the train, we met yet another new character...

Spoiler

5s97Vsu.png

Meet Krystal. She's totally not the champion of the region, and totally hides that fact very well...

Seriously, that took away a lot of the suspense. At least when Ame was introduced as the champion in Reborn, it came as a shock. In fairness to Rejuvenation, however, we did get another piece of information which was actually really cool! Krystal was telling us that she was doing research in Amethyst Grotto, telling us she was waiting for help. She then dropped this piece of information on us:

cWyBtbG.png

OH MY GOD, KRYSTAL IS NIM'S SISTER APRIL! THAT'S SO COOL!

April is a side character you meet in the side quest involving the Solrock/Lunatone Fusion. Since we never did that side quest, however, we got that quick blurb of dialogue. Indeed, the champion is related to Nim, and Garufian to boot! Now, a pointless character has received a real purpose. That's awesome! Bravo, Jan!

Unfortunately, the train received an unfortunate delay. While traveling, there was a break in the tracks, causing the train to stop.

hHggweD.png

It was clear that nobody wanted us in or out. We went out to look for someone who may be able to fix the tracks. Instead, we found these two characters.

vNZYk2r.png

Meet Florin and Flora, the Grass Type Gym Leaders. Both were in charge of investigating "corruption of the land" by the mayor of Grand Dream City, Cassandra. However, as we were looking through the forest, we realized Flora was up to no good.

Spoiler

oX9b0Qu.png

You know you really don't have to talk to yourself out loud, right?

k63r151.png

Bladestar? Don't tell me you are as bad as Anti-Assist...

pwuZcCi.png

You know, that doesn't look-

EBFhc49.png

You're lucky there's no Al Gore in the Pokemon universe, or he would have had your head on a platter right now.

Of course, we went to confront Flora about this suspicious activity. However, as we were walking, our egg hatched! Meet our newest member...

Spoiler

Swiss the Popplio (male)!

pLi2qDf.png

We ended up following both Flora and Florin right onto a trap, falling into a cellar below. Luckily, we met an extremely sarcastic young individual:

772XiBI.png

Indeed, this was Erin, yet another new character. She ended up freeing us all. However, we were given a choice: who do we team up with? We decided to go with...

Spoiler

HIkYkIl.png

That's right! We picked Flora! This would give us time to confront her about her shady dealings with this "Team Bladestar".

Of course, here are the results of this pairing...

Spoiler

7bKtUIK.png

It was obvious that she wanted to extract something from that computer. We had no choice but to confront her.

7Slexja.png

Of course, we expected her to get really angry, possibly denying everything we say. After all, anyone crafty could-

AiCzTLx.png

...or, that, I guess...

Flora explained to us that Bladestar is an organization dedicated to stopping Cassandra from spreading her corruption in Grand Dream City. As such, we were forced into joining the team. We fought through countless grunts, until we ran into something unique...

PohsNqa.png

CFWBHGE.png

hIhiUmQ.png

Indeed, the Spelunker Grunt was ready to make an awesome first impression...

...if he wasn't attempting to fight his boss.

rImg6Pu.png

GTe6g7J.png

We were easily able to dispatch of the enemy. Needless to say, Flora was pissed.

deZ1L23.png

After those misadventures, we had a choice: either tell Florin and Erin about Flora's secret, or keep quiet. We decided to...

Spoiler

jsVHjsg.png

We decided to keep quiet. For now, this means we will be fighting Flora next time! It has other story ramifications later on, but honestly, both options are awful choices. Without revealing too much, this is why I love this chapter. It just goes to show you that sometimes, there are no right answers.

Next time, we will be taking on the gym leader! Who should we use? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

CMr64sS.png

jN7WtwS.png

Chapter 31: Weeded Out

This was it! We were ready to get our next gym badge, getting one step closer to taking on the league! We just had to find the place. As we were looking, however...

rtHpBb3.png

AELITA?!

I forgot to mention this last part, but as it turns out, Erin and Aelita are friends. Erin was in the Darclight Woods looking for her. Before we could catch up with Aelita, however, she ran away. Regardless, we ended up finding the battlefield. It was time to fight!

Spoiler

aZJzMIA.png

KPQ2Y0p.png

The battle begins with Siren going for Hail, getting rid of the rain. She goes down, but the damage is done (as you also see, this battle took multiple attempts, hence the different genders of the Ferrothorn).

PsyZIFc.png

Here, I try and Thunder Wave with Raichu. However, that was a huge misplay, and I am forced to switch out.

Qf6nG61.png

Ashanti is able to take care of the Ferrothorn with one Magma Drift.

wZeJ7hd.png

One Magma Drift is not enough to KO. Tangrowth takes out Ashanti with a Rock Slide. However, the hail also stops.

eSspNgb.png

Cinnamon goes for an Eruption, taking out the beast.

gEstydk.png

Hazard Smell toxic stalls the Cradily. While she barely attacks, I use this time to heal Waffles (Alolan Raichu) and Hazard Smell when needed while Toxic and field-effect boosted Night Slashes wear it down. Cradily is forced to switch out.

bkecMSx.png

One Toxic and Explosion combo cripple the Ludicolo.

Clm7Nfv.png

Dangerous is able to take it out with a critical field-effect boosted Leaf Blade.

D0CnIDS.png

Here's where the strategy got interesting. Rather than attacking directly, Cinnamon spends her time lowering her accuracy to zero with Smokescreen. She then gets as much damage off as she can before going down.

TZc8SZA.png

With zero accuracy, Waffles is able to set up three Nasty Plots and KO.

jzJsE6X.png

Cradily is easy fodder for Waffles's wrath.

skfCcP1.png

Despite the fact that this Mega Venusaur has incredible bulk, Waffles's Special Attack is maxed out. Mega Venusaur goes down without a fight.

zqRWYtL.png

We would have lost had Cinnamon and Hazard Smell not pulled their weight. They are today's MVPs.

After winning, we received the TM for Energy Ball! Finally, Dangerous (Sceptile) isn't stuck with Mega Drain! As we were heading back to the train, however, we noticed something troubling.

yUqwRdc.png

After all this time, there is finally a trace of Saki, Valerie, and Adam! We knew they had to be in Grand Dream City, so we went back to the train, and discovered it was fixed! April Krystal even let Erin on the train after seeing an image of a Latios on the ground. Who knows, we may learn more about that soon enough...

We are almost done with this LP! We are about to head into Grand Dream City! Who should we catch? Who should we box? What should our new member's names be? Also...

Spoiler

Should we get the red ribbon or the blue ribbon?

It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

exZpG09.png

FaGDEDy.png

Chapter 32: Who Are You People?!

We have finally made it to the home stretch! We began this episode by finally arriving in the long-anticipated Grand Dream City. We decided to wander the city where...

1KlwwuR.png

Oh, no...

K6O2SON.png

I thought we were done with this nonsense...

0shSgkj.png

Just why...?

zjwr3iu.png

Why...

yLT7Bpq.png

Seriously, WHY?! How do you people have any significance whatsoever?!

I may be in the minority here, but I personally detest going through Chapter 9. The characters introduced here are borderline irrelevant, and the story splits into way too many subplots. I'll just give a quick blurb about most of the characters in the spoilers below:

Spoiler

Rhodea: She'd better be a member of the Elite 8. Otherwise, she's completely pointless.

Huey: I like the guy, but he actually is pointless. He could be written out of the plot, and it would effect nothing. It's not as if he's an Elite 8 or Gym Leader, either. He's just some guy with a Flareon.

Risa Raider: Hey, it's Texen's sister! She gets a pass for being a Gym Leader.

Lavender: This person, on the other hand, does not. She's even a gym leader, and manages to be pointless! She's only there to act as a love interest for Huey, and she's written off almost immediately! I hope we get to battle her, because otherwise, that would be disappointing

Cosmia and Comet: Cosmia also gets a pass, because she is someone introduced in the side quest where the person tries to reveal Madame X's identity for winning the quiz (See Filler Chapter 4- What?! How?! for details). Comet, however, is still pointless. I like the idea of there being duplicates of ourselves, but at this point, I'm sick of tired of new characters.

Thomas Bakeory: Here's his character in a nutshell:

"Oh, look. I'm the stereotypical Hollywood corporate bad guy with no redeeming qualities whatsoever! I'm pretty much Aloysius O'Hare from The Lorax Movie!"

In fairness to him, however, I think he's the one responsible for turning people to stone (or at least sets them up). As soon as Lavender slapped him, she received that letter to meet him abandoned in the park. That's when she turned to stone.

With that out of the way, however, there are a few events I want to cover:

Spoiler

ZuBksew.png

We found Valerie! She seems to have lost her memory, strangely enough. We also don't happen to know the whereabouts of either Saki or Adam.

Spoiler

The event which occurs when you don't rat out Flora:

LTCV5gg.png

Long story short, she explained to us that she was thankful that we didn't rat her out. She even took us to her secret base.

mHluCbA.png

However, that's not to say there weren't hiccups along the way...

8eHANkl.png

xWm1Wee.png

XXzQDz7.png

Flora was forced to subdue Erin's Absol, knocking even Erin out cold in the process. We followed that up with entering the Bladestar base. Honestly, they know how to decorate!

hI8c6Bq.png

Needless to say, however, Erin was rightfully a bit pissed at us.

o1dtT8x.png

3QeCqmt.png

Flora quickly put her plan into action: to create a speech which would rally the troops, possibly convincing Erin to join.

lfPjMgw.png

Of course, however, this was Erin. There was no way she would-

jtPhmOp.png

...or that, I guess.

Erin quietly told us as Flora left that she was not mad at us, as Flora made us join the team. This is something I do like about this chapter. Neither Bladestar nor Cassandra are good. It goes to show you that not everyone is fighting for what is right, even if they hide behind the banner of righteousness.

Spoiler

I probably should have mentioned that Madelis lost her status as an Admin! She now works for none other than Cassandra, the mayor of Grand Dream City!

jYb1dk7.png

I would be surprised, but this was something alluded to from one of the first side quests, where you help Sasha find her mother. This is a case where Rejuvenation introduced a character properly, with plenty of buildup.

Finally, we ran into Venam, who wanted to get a gift for Melia for her birthday. She wanted us to pick whether or not her bow would be red or blue. We picked blue, but Venam wanted red. As such, we fought to determine who would pick the bow...

Spoiler

...and HOLY SHIT, Venam became really strong!

BtMTZJV.png

The battle begins with Dangerous going for Detect while Mr. Krabs goes for Night Slash. He knocks Gengar down to its Focus Sash, while the next Night Slash takes it out.

Ri395Lc.png

Both Muk and Venusaur are easily able to take both Dangerous and Mr. Krabs down.

bpCXNwG.png

Waffles and Cinnamon take down Venusaur with an Eruption/Psychic combo. However, one Gunk Shot from Muk blows Waffles away...

...only to bring out THIS FUCKING SEVIPER!

6UfOyVE.png

It takes FOREVER to take this thing down! Luckily, with a flinch Rock Slide followed by a crit Eruption, Seviper gets KOd. However, Cinnamon is KOd by a Gunk Shot.

ph3KmUW.png

Here's the part I'm not proud of. I started to use this time to revive team members.

eqkl6ZR.png

Hazard Smell goes for a Toxic on Charizard, while Fenrir (Lycanroc) gets revived.

OGO2Jx6.png

Venam goes for a Full Heal on Charizard, allowing ample time for two Accelerocks to KO the beast. However, Hazard Smell goes down.

FFG8Xmp.png

Waffles gets off one Psychic before getting KOd. Fortunately, Fenrir gets a Rock Slide Flinch on Muk.

30T9Vb0.png

Waffles is revived again while Dangerous is sent out for fodder. Fenrir gets another flinch on Toxapex, and Dangerous dodges the last Gunk Shot. Eventually, however, Dangerous is brought down.

ohZkdcH.png

Fenrir and Waffles KO the Toxapex before Fenrir is brought down.

qi7it4p.png

Luckily, all Muk has left is Fire Punch. Waffles is able to clean up.

E5FGvId.png

I am not proud of that fight at all, but I'm just happy it's over!

Next time, we will be continuing on with the events in Grand Dream City! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Who should we use/box on our existing team? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

jekP6Tf.png

OatYTL5.png

Chapter 33: Sayonara

We are finally getting into the meat of the chapter! We started off the day by receiving presents from this mysterious "Toy Box". When we opened the box, we happened to find some interesting gifts...

fkMZo45.png

Oh, god, not you again!

ggZeoIT.png

...what?

That's right, it was Alice and Allen from the Hidden Library. She explained that she was sent by the Puppet Master to send us to a place called "Nightmare City". While we didn't know what she was talking about, Karen ran off, and the twins decided to stay with us. Unfortunately, Lavender also received that mysterious red letter. We went to bed for the night, and were treated to a cutscene.

Spoiler

5bEvxHA.png

Unfortunately, this confrontation works about as well for Venam as you may expect.

As soon as it was morning, we heard that more people were turned to stone! We ran down to see who it was, and...

...well...

Spoiler

XHZlUbS.png

Poor Venam. This is the last we see of her in this episode, and it's on a real down note you can really-

...wait, who is that?

TDERMJ5h.png

OH GOD, THEY WORK FOR CASSANDRA TOO!

But that wasn't all. Another person was caught in the crossfire.

yO6sdCs.png

Both were taken to the hospital. A worried Melia and Huey followed closely behind.

We went back to the Penthouse, feeling defeated. That is when Alice and Allen told us some interesting information...

liwb3tr.png

lW0OFNj.png

We ended up buying a Nightmare Medallion, allowing us to be transported to the city. That's where we met a familiar face...

olDwoha.png

AELITA, IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!

But that's not all! We ran into another good character!

lUxTnUt.png

Same here, Zetta! You're actually interesting!

He explained to Aelita what she missed, as well as how he died and ended up here. However, this also lead to a really touching scene (and the best one in the game):

Spoiler

g2zNS1m.png

You're cool, Zetta, but I really don't-

6w89Xzy.png

...oh, dear...

InwqmV7.png

lF3e2sz.png

ATLDv0z.png

C8uGtVB.png

Who put the onions in the room?!

v9cPWXg.png

lIO0dxb.png

veBidZG.png

hz9vKgY.png

KOYHeM1.png

iIZyjiv.png

h6Ce9tB.png

p53yNJT.png

...damn, man!

This is an awesome scene! It really humanized Zetta, making him much more relatable. It's too bad we are probably never going to see him again after this chapter, though (excluding that side mission).

After that brief cutscene, we ran into another familiar character...

XRuBG8C.png

uyQrpqU.png

That's... unsettling...

Either way, before we could see the Puppet Master, Zetta challenged us to a battle!

Spoiler

dlnayuI.png

I guess now's as good a time to say this as any; Guzma's theme really doesn't work for the Xen admins. It's really distracting when you hear "Team Skull, uh, uh" in a Xen battle. Anyway, back to the fight...

gTGcJP1.png

The battle begins with Cinnamon taking a massive dump on Vileplume with an Eruption.

B2fOWUT.png

Weavile goes for Icicle Crash, missing. Cinnamon goes for Flamethrower, wasting one of Zetta's Hyper Potions. As he heals, Cinnamon KOs with Eruption.Uv9rXof.png

Here, Cinnamon goes for a Smokescreen while Silvally goes for Swords Dance. She is KOd by a Multi Attack next turn.

kpHkF77.png

Because of the Smokescreen, Waffles gets off a Thunder Wave and two Psychics before being taken down. Mr. Krabs (Crawdaunt) is also KOd, but the footage is too graphic to be shown.

WvkPcCB.png

Luckily, Dangerous finishes the job with a couple Energy Balls.

QVutnTE.png

Hazard Smell gets off a Toxic. While Dragonite tries to finish her off with a Fire Punch, she lives, going for Explosion.

n7NvoHR.png

Dangerous goes for a Detect. As Dragonite is about to go down, one Energy Root is used on Waffles (Alolan Raichu). However, Zetta switches out to Absol.

WuJcOrs.png

Dangerous goes for an X-Scissor before being taken down.

HiwF4Ni.png

An Energy Herb is used on Dangerous (Sceptile) while poor Waffles is destroyed.

sg71xut.png

One X-Scissor finishes the job.

D27PO9t.png

A combination of Detect, Energy Ball, and poison damage finishes the Dragonite. However, Dangerous is also taken down. This is where things get intense. All I have left is Fenrir (Lycanroc). Who else would I have to-

g7z4Tyy.png

bhZDj4w.png

XOr1tg9.png

Sayonara.

This is it! Next time, it's the final episode! There is only one question left...

Spoiler

Which six Pokemon from our entire adventure should we train and use for our upcoming fight against the Puppet Masters?

It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

w3lckyI.png

bloIFZN.png

5 minutes ago, HellBoyOnEarth said:

Ouh haha xD

Never fought against him :P

I stopped @ Zetta^^

Ah, fair enough! It's a pretty intense fight, so we'll see how we do! You should definitely try it out when you have the chance. It's really unique!