Choose My Team: Rejuvenation Edition (LP COMPLETE)

Chapter 21: Full Metal Jacket 2: The Terajuma Chronicles

After our run in with Ren, Crawli challenged us to a battle. We spent a lot of time getting the team ready, as well as training a returning member. However, during training, we found a Link Heart. We gave it to one of our members, and now she has an awesome evolution!

Spoiler

ip6gqnX.png

I have always wanted to use a Trevenant! This is amazing!

Eventually, our team was trained, and we were ready to enter the gym. Before we did that, we had to meet another new character...

Spoiler

IgL0Nvh.png

"You little scumbag! I've got your name! I've got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers and I will teach you!"

While I appreciate that there is another R. Lee Emery here, her character is pointless. That's something V9 did incorrectly; they added more characters which didn't need to be added. In Reborn, there are many characters, but they are generally restricted to gym leaders and Meteor members (with the occasional rival thrown in). Here, people are just added, and at this point, it's already starting to get a bit harder to keep track of everyone.

Despite the "challenging" obstacle course, we made it through, and were poised to challenge Crawli!

Spoiler

uRxf466.png

2TZkfdE.png

The battle starts off with Hazard Smell using both Toxic and Explosion. While it brings the Golisopod below half after poison, it doesn't switch out.

DDpNVNl.png

While Golisopod is healed, Satyr is brought in and uses Quiver Dance. He knocks out the Golisopod with a critical Hurricane.

ukQ9S1x.png

Satyr inexplicably survives the critical hit Air Slash (it's not very effective?) and KOs again with Hurricane.

OqHGC2d.png

Heracross outspeeds and KOs with Stone Edge (curse you brave nature).

vQ2v7cg.png

Since Heracross is Choice Banded into Stone Edge, Normal_One is able to tank hits until it struggles to death. At one point, I also switch in Ashanti (Pyroar) in order for her to prevent Normal_One from taking additional damage.

JN1RuLV.png

I decide to bring out Dangerous in order to get some free damage off. However, Dangerous blows away my expectations by getting two critical hit Leaf Blades...

...except they don't KO, and Araquanid gets off a Barbed Wire.

3yvWXeI.png

Normal_One is there to finish the job with Fake Out.

NfClwi1.png

I try and take an Electro Ball, but that works about as well as you may expect.

hT33mj4.png

Fenrir goes for Rock Slide and almost KOs, while Galvantula does serious damage with Electro Ball. It is forced to switch out while Fenrir goes for Accelerock. While Fenrir goes for Accelerock again, the Scolipede KOs.

02oD5VI.png

At this point, my only chance is to revive Fenrir. I do that, sacrificing Ashanti.

DfzU3es.png

Luckily, Fenrir outspeeds and KOs with Accelerock.

Tr3oGu7.png

Crawli, now's not the best time for one liners.

bdvKKSe.png

After that tough battle, we are now ready to head on to Route 6! Who should we use? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

yT612WJ.png

2AkrekF.png

Edited by FactoryofSadness

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there a totodile and a rowlet that you can catch rowlett can be caught after doing the timburr quest in the help center and totodile can be caught somewhere by surfing east of aquwa town just something to point out, oh yeah forgot about type null surf east from goldenwood south and you will find a house there you can find a shinx there also might need to get a manget, upgrade, and a normal pokeball to get type null

Edited by espeon860
forgotten information to say

14 hours ago, espeon860 said:

there a totodile and a rowlet that you can catch rowlett can be caught after doing the timburr quest in the help center and totodile can be caught somewhere by surfing east of aquwa town just something to point out, oh yeah forgot about type null surf east from goldenwood south and you will find a house there you can find a shinx there also might need to get a manget, upgrade, and a normal pokeball to get type null

What should their nicknames be (except for Rowlet: that has been reserved for a while)?

1 hour ago, espeon860 said:

totogator (sorry really not good at nicknames) for totodile and shinx blue lion(if it is a lion) and type null uh might need someone else help for that rip

i allways just call it Gladion

Filler Chapter 3: Anti-Assisted Agony

Before we headed out to Route 6, it was time to finish up some side quests! We decided to finish the quests in Kakori! Here is what we did:

Clear the Way!: This quest is pretty much a glorified fetch quest. However, it does do something useful: it clears away the vines, making traveling much easier!

Tropius...: It's pretty much a chase mission. However, the fun thing about this one is that you get to fight a POWERFUL Staraptor.

Building Bridges: This one is my personal favorite in the chapter. In it, you have to fight an angry Conkeldurr and his group of Timburr in order for them to finish their jobs. However, the Conkeldurr in particular is jacked up on steroids. Luckily for us, Waffles (Alolan Raichu) and Haikyuu!! (Azumarill) were there to finish the job. You also get introduced to Team Anti-Asist...

...yay?

Of course, when the bridge is built, you also gain access to an awesome reward!

Spoiler

mW5MACA.png

Sagitarius the Rowlet!

We finally got it @Lek

Find it...: This mission has you fend off a Roggenrola in order to take it back to its owner. Along the way, you fight off Anti-Assist grunts. I mean, at least it's free experience.

Battle Me Once More: I'm only now realizing Novae sucks. Without her field effects, that Lycanroc is no longer a threat, and she goes down without a fight. Honestly, it was really disappointing...

...but then we have to fight more Anti-Assist grunts to get our final reward: Magnemite!

Spoiler

I would say that Team Anti-Assist is pointless, but I have a theory: what if they are trying to stop Ayuda because they know he is trying to harness the power of Zygarde? Of course, you would have to complete all side quests, as well as find the cells, but that would be a neat plot twist.

Should we use the Magnemite on our team? If so, what should the name be?

Either way, we then traveled to Akora Forest, where we saw a Totodile being abused by a woman from Team Xen. As we were chasing her, we did some training, and got a neat new evolution!

Spoiler

V3Y6cPf.png

Of course, we eventually found her. In order to save the Totodile, we went to battle, only to find out something neat:

Spoiler

628oeK8.png

More Shadow Pokemon!

I may have to retract my statement about Shadow Pokemon being pointless if we find more of them soon! Our total count now is 13! That's much better than what I originally thought!

Eventually, we caught the Totodile! Here are the stats:

Spoiler

tOTqbGm.png

Next time, we will actually begin our quest through Route 6. I will eventually go back to catch a Shinx and a Type: Null, but until then, we will be continuing with the main story. Who else should we add? What should their names be? Who should get boxed/replaced? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

OdJCPFB.png

Za8dFd9.png

Chapter 22: Melia Ascends to Greater Heights

After all of that side questing, it was time for us to head out to the next gym! We had to move through Route 6, and while it was short, I did happen to find something fun...

Spoiler

RhBUANn.png

Should we use her on the team? If so, what should the nickname be?

Also, this happened:

9q8sh1g.png

MagnetMode is officially on the team!

Even so, we found a strange door where we found Saki, who was being attacked by Sharpedos! Melia and I raced to stop them, and...

...and...

LNzOFaF.png

Melia, how on earth did you grow ten times your size?!

I believe she is supposed to be normal sized here, but my goodness, I didn't know that she and her Togekiss not only knew how to fly together without the HM, but also how to grow exponentially!

uQXgR7W.png

"Yeah, I just had Togekiss eat the Sharpedo! Problem solved!"

We eventually made it to the next gym, where we found a familiar face: Tesla! Apparently, her daughter is a gym leader! We ended up finding her, but it turns out she is much brattier than anticipated. She wouldn't consider fighting us until we found Venam and asked her to give her back her Dogars CD. As we confronted Venam about this, she immediately took to confronting Amber!

Spoiler

NDKrqNS.png

Meanwhile, poor MagnetMode is just thinking to himself "Look, man, I'm just here..."

We ended up striking a deal with the brat: we could fight her if we beat Venam and Saki in a battle. Of course, because Melia has been such a "lifelong friend", she decides to fight with us...

Spoiler

FFedjf2.png

While Waffles uses two Nasty Plots, Metagross tries to take her out with two Meteor Mashes. Hapi lands a KO on Metagross with Flamethrower (and it's neat, too, because whenever I battle with her, she usually decides to go for Flamethrower on Toxapex, because logic) while Toxapex goes for Toxic Spikes and Liquidation on Hapi.

XdqDMHz.png

Waffles blows away Toxapex with a Psychic, while Aggron is hit with...

...flamethrower?

YOU HAVE AURA SPHERE!

Poor Waffles goes down to a Liquidation.

UecfLx8.png

Hapi goes for Aggron again, making Haikyuu!!'s Superpower completely useless (thanks, Melia). Seviper brings Hapi down to near death.

vuEDh0B.png

Haikyuu!! gets blown away by a Gear Grind, while Hapi manages to hit Klinklang with an Aura Sphere.

zdC1o1F.png

Normal_One decimates the Hyper Potioned Klingklang with Close Combat while Fortitude sets up with a Nasty Plot. Seviper hits with Aqua Tail.

FNibm53.png

Fortitude picks up the KO with Flamethrower.

gBfDA9d.png

Both Normal_One and Fortitude get KOd with Sludge Wave, but not before Fortitude hits with a Flamethrower.

A8mTHWG.png

One Flamethrower from Ashanti and one Moonblast from Hope finish the job.

Despite the victory, Amber still refuses to battle us, as she wants to party instead. This, combined with the fact that she calls Tesla useless, causes her to snap. As Amber runs away, distraught by the response, we heard her cry for help. Of course, we bravely rushed to help her ou-

...oh, of course we didn't! Instead, we decided to use this time to train and evolve our newest team member...

Spoiler

Siren the Dewgong (female)!

GnA4zt2.png

Next time, we will investigate that strange noise. Who should we catch? Use? Name? Also, we have a gym battle coming up soon! Which six team members should we use? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

4tzh6XM.png

Glt0NUP.png

Chapter 23: Over Halfway Done

After doing some offscreen training, we went to investigate the strange screaming earlier on. Unfortunately for us, Amber had been kidnapped!

Spoiler

7nWcy7f.png

No matter what you think about Team Meteor Xen, you must admit it was polite for them to wait for Temere to show up.

Either way, Madelis told us that she had to "play dirty" in order to save her standing as an admin at Team Meteor Xen, so she kidnapped Amber. Unfortunately, we then woke up in our beds with no knowable way of obtaining our next badge.

Spoiler

9C6PRma.png

...but how? What are you barking with?

Luckily for us, some maids appeared before us and told us a woman named "Angie" would allow us to challenge her for our next badge. She has been alluded to throughout our time on Terajuma, but if we wanted to use Magma Drift, we had no choice. We rushed off to Angie, when a girl told us that she could give us Magma Drift if we would just leave afterwards. As she was giving us the TM, however, Angie fired a beam of ice at the TM store and froze it.

This gave us no choice but to confront Angie, who was annoyed at our attempt to obtain Magma Drift first. She started berating our heroes, calling Venam a coward, Melia two-faced, and our hero...

...well...

Spoiler

4BRf4mP.png

fe3VBTr.png

That's nice, except he never did that.

I understand that in all traditional Pokemon games, the main character is kept silent because that is supposed to project the player's own emotions and feelings into the game. However, in Rejuvenation, they explicitly state that the main character never talks on multiple occasions. In fact, none of our comrades have called us the leader. Even more telling is the fact that even we have been following Melia. Yes, don't think she's good at her job, but clearly, the main character doesn't care, as he never speaks.

Either way, we ended up being trapped in a strange dimension created by Angie. She challenged us to free our friends. While we were there, we ran into an interesting character named Kreiss, who asked us to free him. As we did, we were given Rock Climb as our reward.

Eventually, Melia was about to be sacrificed. As she was, however, we learned a major plot twist...

Spoiler

cx6kkWB.png

Melia is Marianette/Maria! How her "special power" translates to catching Shiny Pokemon is beyond me, but whatever...

This infuriated Angie to no end. We were forced to try and stop her!

Spoiler

pfbnxMi.png

9Hp0tkm.png

The battle begins with MagnetMode blowing away the Ninetales with a Flash Cannon.

vfDfwUN.png

One Close Combat is enough to take the Mamoswine down to red. Two more then waste her Hyper Potions and KO the Mamoswine.

7Z5KfTf.png

Flash Cannon does serious damage, but Water Pulse lands and brings MagnetMode down to red, causing him to get KOd by the hail.

JUidCPV.png

Siren has the ability Ice Body. She goes for Aqua Ring to buy time, allowing ample time for Normal_One (Hariyama) to be healed.

OWtGQeZ.png

Normal_One KOs with Close Combat.

T05wgsy.png

At this point, Dangerous is sacrificed so Normal_One (Hariyama) can be healed.

VqEJ42D.png

Fenrir uses Accelerock, but goes down to Cold Truth.

gdddvbG.png

Normal_One gets paralyzed by Thunderbolt, but manages to KO with Knock Off.

7Gvofll.png

Hazard Smell manages to get in one Toxic before Cold Truth followed by Hail knock her out.

VuorGLI.png

I decide to keep healing Normal_One while Toxic takes its toll. Of course, while healing, Angie decides to switch out Walrein.

t9Dt4cA.png

While getting hit by Cold Truth, Normal_One manages to get off a Force Palm, paralyzing the Aurorus. This allows him to outspeed next turn and KO.

DxhWqxC.png

Angie tries to freeze with Cold Truth, but it's too late. Force Palm finishes the job.

SqK6xmy.png

Without Normal_One, we would have lost.

Angie, being displeased with the results of the battle, tried to kill us anyway. Luckily for us, we had backup!

Spoiler

azWTnRo.png

Kreiss decided to freeze Angie in ice. In her dimension, normal ice becomes NeverMeltIce, meaning she cannot escape no matter how hard she tries.

Needless to say, the party seemed happy about it!

DFaFkCt.png

Normal_One may have gotten a bit too into it, however...

With that problem solved, Kreiss awarded us with another gym badge! This means we are officially over halfway done with the main game! We shall find a way to access Magma Drift next time! Who should we box/use on the team? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

nCx0quz.png

pyTbnWN.png

Finally, since we have officially finished half of the game, I thought I would share with you what the current team looks like right now in all its glory:

Spoiler

W8MEoHv.jpg

Chapter 24: Satyr's Explosive Trolling

While we defeated Angie, we still had no way of accessing the TM shop for Magma Drift. Because of this, we decided to spend some time training some team members! We even got some cool evolutions out of it!

Spoiler

OrFIpmQ.png

TvW5V99.png

We eventually decided to continue our quest. We decided to head back towards Tesla's villa, where we found Aelita waiting for us! She had beaten Crawli, and challenged us to a battle!

Spoiler

stRHhd7.png

AzpVLlh.png

The fight starts off with Satyr decimating the Mienshao with a Hurricane.

snp5IyM.png

Hazard Smell gets the Toxic off on Blaziken, but it counters with a Blaze Kick. Blaziken then predicts the Explosion and goes for Bounce. Hazard Smell goes down for nothing.

4mpliFP.png

Since Bounce was resisted, Waffles comes out to take the hit and finish it off with a Psychic.

FtVBYnJ.png

Satyr is able to take out the Conkeldurr with a couple well placed Hurricanes, even confusing the Conkeldurr. He takes no damage.

Nu6u1UA.png

Satyr then follows that up by taking minimal damage against Machamp, KOing it with Hurricane and learning Powder over Stun Spore...

...we'll get back to that move in a bit...

FDHMGzX.png

Satyr is able to counter Hawlucha's Swords Dance with a Hurricane, confusing the thing to the point where it knocks itself out.

JRLY1Dm.png

A Fake Out and Close Combat combination finishes the job.

d8N1ZNE.png

If it helps, you're still a better trainer than Melia.

Afterwards, a trainer named Reina told us about something called the Magma Stone, which could melt NeverMeltIce. Since Carotos Mountain has lava in it, we went off to explore, only to find an unwelcome change.

ZO999ev.png

Meet Texen, the new Sensei of Sheridan. His attitude was extremely poor, and he treated Aelita like garbage. Of course, we couldn't wait to thrash him in a battle. One of the interesting things we ended up finding out about Texen is that he got the job because of his relation to his popular sister, a fairy type leader.

izAEiCk.png

Regardless, we went to battle!

Spoiler

FohgeAH.png

As Texen sent out his first Pokemon...

m5XYG5L.png

...man, they weren't kidding.

This is usually where I would post some funny picture, but to be honest, I would have preferred it if I had fought Texen for the rematch instead of Keta. Keta is the pits, and Texen's team is extremely unique. He has an Emboar, Infernape, and even a Toxicroak! It's nice to see a fighting leader not use something like a Blaziken or Hawlucha (cough cough SAMSON).

oXaHzVK.png

After that quick thrashing, we quickly went into the mountain, where we discovered it was poisoned! As we went downward, we discovered some unwelcome guests...

MkONDFQ.png

We dispatched of the two maids, and received an awesome new evolution!

Spoiler

QgHctNY.png

Rather than stop them, however, it bought Cera enough time to escape under the door! With the help of the Eldest and a Xen grunt we found, we were able to enter the labyrinth, only to find that the two maids we fought had died!

rNrhZ4W.png

The beast they were fighting was apparently too much for them. Unfortunately for us, Cera caught the beast, and to our displeasure, she caught...

Spoiler

6TyrxKl.png

OH COME ON! Not my favorite legendary! wanted that!

Despite her power, we had to make her pay! Surely, this would be an extremely intense fight which would be talked about for ages to come!

Spoiler

WjrhrAD.png

The fight starts off with Satyr trying out his newest move:

Powder.

uPtvq4s.jpg

For those of you who may not know, Powder causes all fire moves not only to not work, but damage the attacker. Groudon only got off one Hyper Beam, but it was too little too late.

frp01y1.png

jB4tu52.png

t7Bfqk5.png

Trust me, Cera, I know you're mad.

Also, it was fun to embark on the ways of the @Jess.

We ended up getting the Magma Stone...

...or at least half of it. Cera in a last ditch attempt ended up stealing part of the stone. We'll be ready whenever Angie decides to show up again.

Unfortunately for us, the Garufans set up a fail safe. If Groudon fell, those who held the doors open would enter an eternal coma.

S9wqUmV.png

With that heavy loss, we decided to head out and retrieve Magma Drift. Who should we use for this next part? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

wMfZUMn.png

nU8zzUG.png

Chapter 25: Consequences

After our battle with Cera and her Groudon, we were fortunate enough to unfreeze the TM shop. The owners gave us Magma Drift, and access to the shop whenever we wish...

...which is just a room with nothing else to do in it...

Why they call it a shop is beyond me if you can't buy anything in it, but whatever, I'll roll with it.

Either way, with our new TM in hand, we taught Ashanti (Pyroar) the move, allowing us to cross magma! We rushed off to tell our comrades, only to find something disturbing...

Spoiler

cn2HQXZ.png

Melia grew again!

Just kidding, of course. She went off to try and save the day herself.

With this in mind, we ran with Venam to the mountain! When we entered, we met a mysterious character new character...

Spoiler

PQKLdUS.png

Seriously, who is he? More importantly, why are they still introducing new characters? Reborn didn't have this problem! It limited the character design, and the pacing is great as a result, so what happened here?

This character told us that a group of people stumbled across an ancient monster down below. We arrived to find the monster, only to discover it was none other than Kyogre...

X6bsOrz.png

This made me petrified, because in this scenario, Kyogre is much scarier than Groudon, especially with the field effects in place. Regardless, we went to battle!

Spoiler

mFCSrpC.png
The battle starts off with Siren going for hail after Kyogre misses Hyper Beam. She gets destroyed by Thunderbolt next turn, sadly.

xt9tam6.png

One Leaf Blade brings the beast down to yellow...

...only to activate his Sitrus Berry.

Dangerous never stood a chance against Ice Beam.

WMLAfZ1.png

Ashanti is brought out to try and land a Noble Roar, but that works about as well as you may expect.

1P98rBW.png

Kyogre misplays and goes for Hyper Beam. Hazard Smell goes down, but Kyogre now has to recharge. Hail stops.

n2z2RpS.png

Waffles uses this new time to finish off the beast, even paralyzing Kyogre in the process!

pm9Nzmh.png

UddtPLP.png

Awesome job! Now that we brought him below, we can use a ball to try and catch-

jlBupGm.png

...or, we just free them. That works, too...

Along the way up the mountain, we ran into some old friends.

Spoiler

8ZwfAIr.png

Saki was even nice enough to give us a revive! That was awesome!

Eventually, however, we ran into Sharon and Eli, who weren't in the mood to play around, this time. Luckily for us, we had Venam on our side!

Spoiler

nyEDCcY.png

ooWbS7D.png

The battle starts with Hazard Smell going for a Night Slash on Mismagius. The Honchcrow, in the meantime, goes for a Night Slash on Hazard Smell (just why). Eventually, with a Night Slash and Liquidation, Mismagius goes down.

ngkfiPS.png

Hazard Smell gets off a Flamethrower on Tangrowth before Honchkrow brings it down with a field effect boosted Brave Bird. Luckily, Aftermath also kicked in, causing massive damage. Toxapex would get hit by a field effect boosted Ancientpower.

cyuYKV9.png

Ashanti brings down Tangrowth with Magma Drift, while Honchkrow brings itself down with a Brave Bird.

Gsxg5oS.png

Satyr goes for Hurricane on Gyarados while Toxapex goes for Liquidation on Rhyperior. Needless to say, both Gyarados and Rhyperior decide to double team Satyr with Thrash and Rock Wrecker respectively, blowing him away.

tJ145fr.png
Dangerous goes for Leaf Blade on Rhyperior while he was recharging. One Baneful Bunker poisons the Gyarados. Dangerous goes for the Gyarados while Toxapex attack the Rhyperior with Liquidation...

...only for Rhyperior to switch to Milotic.

iR358yH.png

Ice Beam and Thrash take down Dangerous, but Venoshock takes out Gyarados.

s9unfrr.png

Surf brings down the Rhyperior, while Milotic is assaulted with Venoshock.

jJcHtv0.png

Siren uses Hail to negate Leftovers. At this point, it's only a matter of time.

jtXetsm.png

Easy.

After their defeat, we proceeded up the mountain... or were going to, but we ran into one slight dilemma...

Spoiler

zcheX51.png

Sharon tried to commit suicide. To make matters worse, Crescent then appeared and pushed Sharon off herself!

e98cokA.png

L1zQPJu.png

Luckily for us, Sharon was saved by none other than our comrades (excluding Braixen).

OPBFHkP.png

With that problem taken care of, we proceeded up the mountain, where we found Melia! She unloaded her plan to us. However, there were a couple problems with this plan:

bsq5J13.png

1) That Zoroark should be red. The shiny is outdated.

2) Did you ever think that it would be hard to imitate a voice on top of a volcano? I think it would be kind of weird to hear someone speaking in the distance.

We ended up trying to execute Melia's plan, but it works about as well as expected.

PYbOsBD.png

To be fair, Melia, even thought this was a bad idea.

Since we were caught, Melia decided to take both of them on by herself while we were stuck fighting the big chicken. Luckily for us, Hazard Smell's Toxic made quick work of the Giratina. Of course, with Melia's abilities and astonishing strength, she was also able to fend off-

FHf3lW9.png

...our leader, ladies and gentlemen...

Luckily for us, someone was trying to save Nim during the fighting!

p69b5Ol.png

Someone should put that on the Top 10 Anime Betrayals.

Unfortunately for him, however, this would cost Jenner his life, as Geara would not let this action go unpunished. He was killed faster than a fighting master against a Garchomp.

Spoiler

Geara: Hey Jenner!

Jenner: Yeah?

Geara: Loser says Argh!

Jenner: What are you-

wBa5dAl.png

This infuriated Melia to no end. We decided to quickly head to battle!

Spoiler

vyvsl9c.png

The battle begins with Satyr going for Hurricane on Vileplume while Gengar gets decimated by a Crunch by Diligence. Unfortunately, Vileplume's Sludge Bomb still hit.

HxxLlNU.png

Satyr was able to finish off Vileplume with one Hurricane. While Aegislash finished Satyr off, Diligence went for another Crunch on Geara.

8tjEHIl.png

Diligence ends up getting poisoned by a Poison Jab, but he still takes out the Rotom with Crunch, nullifying the Night Slash by Hazard Smell. It's worth noting that at this point, she has only gone for Geara.

O0akQbg.png

Both Hazard Smell and Diligence go for Weavile with Flamethrower and Stone Edge respectively. Mismagius goes for Shadow Ball on Hazard Smell.

obIHxaf.png

Both Dragonite and Mismagius go for Hazard Smell and take her out. However, the Mismagius takes out Geara with a Crunch. That Tyranitar is out for Geara's blood!

DuJkcNI.png

Unfortunately, the two take out the Tyranitar, leaving Siren to try and set up Hail.

HuAMTvi.png

Hope sets up a Calm Mind and blows away Dragonite with Moonblast. Siren gets KOd by another double team of Drifblim and Dragonite. 

r1vMr8k.png

Silvally goes for and KOs Waffles, but not before she gets off a Psychic. Hope blows away the Drifblim with her own Psychic.

Rqu3piu.png

Dangerous goes for Detect while Moonblast finishes Silvally off.

wfhoC2D.png

One X-Scissor crit finishes off Absol.

kEhDg0u.png

ICaZgWL.png

Melia was certainly out for blood in this fight.

We had beaten the duo! With our win, Zetta let us take down Nim from her position...

...but Geara wouldn't.

sPQJh3A.png

cULMlVH.png

We had indeed failed.

dhXS6ue.png

KLQX2qJ.png

"We", Melia? All you did was walk around and talk about how sad you were. You then got kidnapped by a religious lunatic, sat in bed, and flew away on your Togekiss without the proper amount of badges to execute a plan that was extremely high risk, with little to no probability of success. Quite frankly, all actions have consequences, and her not acting with any urgency certainly cost Nim her life (or at least as far as we know). Also, before anyone says she did try, may I remind you that there is a difference between saying you care and showing it? Rather than go out and try and do something, she has us do it. In fact, here's an idea:

Why don't you go for the gyms, as well? You talk about strength, as well as how important it is to be strong, but you have nothing to show for it. In fact, Aelita recognized that, and won herself a badge! It's not just about talking the talk, but walking the walk.

Also, this happened:

Tb7hfYE.png

We indeed ended up falling into a pool of lava. Luckily for us, Crescent was there to revive us from the dead.

Spoiler

9CxTxPu.png

Honestly, Crescent is an interesting character, and could even by final boss material. Because of her name, I have a feeling she is going to run into Crescelia at some point, but only time will tell...

Needless to say, we ended up coming back from the dead, much to the dismay of Geara.

UJMGFxw.png

To make matters even worse for him, however, Crescent appeared. She arrived with the Mewtwo Madelis captured, now named Dranna. Dranna decided to occupy his time by freeing the Demon Chicken.

1NgEFIU.png

To make matters even more strange, Crescent then decided to revert Zetta back to his original form...

*SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED TO THIS POINT YET

Spoiler

32SP5Md.png

This part got me at first, but when you get to the later portions of the story, I can see how this makes a bit more sense. Still, why build him off Melia? What is she, and what does it have anything to do with her catching shiny Pokemon?

As Geara was about to run back to the teleporter, Crescent said something to him that has always been one of my favorite lines in the game:

Spoiler

JOxC462.png

SblHawM.png

nxVXxbM.png

frz382t.png

5fKObJI.png

By the way, does anyone know where I can find Crescent's theme? It sounds amazing, and fits her character so well!

With that, we only have Amber to deal with, and then we will be done with the main story of Terajuma Island! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Also, who should we use for the Amber fight? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

7XKWxcS.png

U2HSo2L.png

Chapter 26: Party Crashers

We are finally at the end of Terajuma Island's main story! After that intense fight with Zetta and Geara, Amber invited us to a party. She said that she would let us challenge her for a gym badge there, so we immediately went to fight. At her gym, we noticed something Rejuvenation has an edge over Reborn in: the gyms. Amber's gym is nothing short of unique and fun! Many of the gyms in Rejuvenation are like this (except for Eric, RIP).

Either way, after maxing out the hype meter, we went to battle!

Spoiler

8XVdorE.png

Some may be wondering why I am leading off with Dangerous (Sceptile), but it is all part of a larger scheme...

C7L6XpM.png

The battle begins with Dangerous going for Protect, scouting out Rotom's Overheat. Siren gets hit with HP Rock by Typhlosion, but she survives and lands a Surf, changing the field effect to a cave. The next turn is spent using Surf with Siren while simultaneously healing her. While Typhlosion sustains massive damage, Rotom switches out for Charizard.

yjptIrE.png

Charizard goes for Solarbeam, and after healing, Siren takes down Typhlosion with another Surf.

1m0AdrA.png

Magmortar tries to hit Siren with Thunderbolt, but she is already knocked out. This causes Dangerous to get hit, with me forgetting Detect doesn't work after consecutively healing someone else.

4TTKgHv.png

Luckily for us, Fenrir finishes the job with a field effect boosted Rock Slide.

18T2WzI.png

Dangerous goes for Detect. Amber commands Infernape and Rotom to double team Dangerous. When that doesn't work, Fenrir punishes. This causes Amber to waste her Hyper Potions, allowing Fenrir to double KO with Rock Slide. Unfortunately, Close Combat lands and KOs Dangerous (Sceptile) after he manages to KO Rotom with a Leaf Blade.

1FpBvK4.png

Honestly, Amber, you let a Sceptile KO one of your Pokemon. I would be quite worried if I were you.

tYCAH8v.png

The battle ends with Hazard Smell poisoning Ninetales while Fenrir finished the job with a Rock Slide followed by Accelerock.

FQD8taH.png

Had Dangerous (Sceptile) not distracted Amber's other Pokemon, we probably would have lost (or at the very least it would have been more tedious). Honestly, I never would have thought the key to winning in a fire gym would be a Sceptile.

With that done, we are officially done with the main story of Terajuma Island! Honestly, though, I'm a bit disappointed with this chapter. I remember this being my favorite in V8, and in V9 with all of the changes, the unchanged dialogue really stands out. I'm also sad to see Melia, this apparent "chosen one", have no real character development. Comparing this to the saga in Reborn where you first met Lin, and you will find that Reborn comes out on top. Why? There are less characters introduced, and therefore, it's easier to keep track of the plot.

Regardless, next time, we will be tackling side quests! Who should we use? Who should we box? Also, who should we catch, and what should their nicknames be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

X8ZQL9T.png

LD37NcW.png

1 hour ago, espeon860 said:

do you have a magnet, a normal pokeball, and an upgrade and flash cause you need those things for the type null event

The only thing I haven't found yet is a magnet. I know you can find one at East Gearen, however, so I am waiting until then to complete the quest and retrieve Type: Null. Also, for the Abra you suggested, what should the name be?