Choose My Team: Rejuvenation Edition (LP COMPLETE)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should add the pokemon from the mystery egg and call the phantumb that has the best nature and stuff: LostBranch

Spoiler

keep it for valerie and the puppet master (came in clutch for me)

and for the pokemon from the egg here are some names :D :

Ryhorn = Giov

Chinchou = DeepLight

Togepi = Space

Sneasel = aColdNight

Elekid = Plug In

Shroomish = Fruitpunch

Azurill = Haikyuu!! (volleyball anime but you can also name it Volleyball)

Aron = Gajeel

Trapinch = Goggles

Starly = POWERFUL

Drilbur = Clay

Cottonee = Cottonleaf

Darumaka = shofu

Zorua = Mungen

Axew = Pyriet

Pawniard = DarkPawn

Vullaby = BoneBird

Larvesta = RedSun

Wishiwashi = GoToSchool

Mareanie = CoralVenam (banefull bunker is to op (you can spam it untill you run out)

Stufull = BreakingPoint

Spoiler

oh and ps: i dont know if i need to say it now but when you get mawile reset for a female and name it Mom ;-;

Filler Chapter 2: Sheridan Sidequest Showdown

Before it was time for us to traverse through Route 4, we decided to occupy our time with side quests! Before we did that, however, we caught ourselves a brand new team member!

Spoiler

rDpULTU.png

LostBranch the Phantump!

Keep in mind the level. You'll see what I mean in a bit.

After catching the new team member, I bred her with a male Yamask in order to create an egg. I then traded away the egg, and got a Mystery Egg instead. Here is what we got:

Spoiler

mgMPO8u.png

Does anyone know what it is?

For the sake of keeping time, I will keep this short, and only describe the missions in short detail:

Hidden Library 2- A nice ending to a little part of the story, but honestly, Karen is the worst. She is a very poorly written character.

Stolen Cargo!- This mission was much better, as it provided a fun and unexpected challenge. Players who come in unprepared will get decimated.

Cute Pokemon- Offscreen, I caught an Aipom. For this mission, we had to trade away the Aipom for this Pokemon:

Spoiler

9U9Nmpt.png

Should we use and/or rename Pancha?

Get an item!- This is hands down my personal favorite mission in the game. This mission is a huge love letter to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- Red/Blue Rescue Team, right down to the music used when stealing from the Kecleon Shop. Of course, any Mystery Dungeon player may think they can't muscle their way through...

...and they'd be both right and wrong.

Spoiler

uhA4usC.png

What you need to do is use a Ghost Type. In LostBranch's case, I used Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, and Curse. Kecleon just saw a ghost and tried to bait it out with Sucker Punch. I ended up KOing 7 Kecleon, bringing her level to this:

dFrC8bj.png

Does anyone know where I can find a Link Heart?

Battle me again?- This is a decent second battle with Novae, but that Lycanroc may take too much advantage of the field effects...

After the side quests were finished, we moved onward to Route One once more, where we discovered some secret agents discussing the status of the lake.

6iN8FZz.png

One was named C, and he appeared to be a bug type master. Thanks to Hazard Smell (Skuntank) and her Toxic, however, we were able to breeze past it. However, that was when we found the threat once more:

Vc9tT7e.png

Once again, we had to take it out, and once more, we succeeded with ease! Next time, we will be trying to obtain a Zubat, as well as heading out to Route 4! Who should we box? Use? Catch? Name? Let me know!

Current Team

Spoiler

AV4IyYC.png

IBwKKKT.png

Locations for the link heart

Spoiler

River's End (surf needed for access)

space between the 2 support metals of the building at the upper left area

Sheridan Village

big green flowers left of the daycare, surf needed, by the heracross

Xen Backup Lab

Hidden Cave

rock on the top right from the pond on the right, surf needed

Oblitus Town

big rock right from the healing star

GDC

Judicial District

flowers top left on the park right of the Police Department

so the earliest you can get is after beating valerie ;-;

Chapter 15: NIM-Possible Flinching

As we were heading to get our TM for Flash, our Mystery Egg finally hatched! Say hello to the newest member of the team:

Spoiler

dwkNxdN.png

Haikyuu!! the Azurill!

Afterwards, we finally bought the TM for Flash. We gave the move to Chime Chime (Chimecho), and decided to head into the Mirage Forest. There, we encountered a rather grumpy Kingdra statue. However, it was no match for the Toxic of Hazard Smell (Skuntank).

We ended up moving into the scientific camp, where we discovered a horde of Zubat. With one flash, we brought out the mother.

1mahEKE.png

*Also, that is Lycanroc's sprite. There is no Lycanroc Midday sprite, so it just reuses Rockruff. Sorry, @Vhandrake!

Either way, we ended up murdering the parents. This inspired one of the Zubat to fight in the name of justice. Meet our newest team member, inspired by their murder:

Spoiler

OL0wCVf.png

Batman the Zubat!

Also, even if you don't think into it that much, that's messed up

We FINALLY were able to travel to the next route, where we saw another example of Jan creating excellent and unique environments. Apparently, this was all because of the work of the grass type gym leader. I don't blame her, either, because after Goldenleaf, I would also think that people would want to feel more relaxed.

z3ahvuu.png

However, before we could head into the town, Nim tried to stop us. She said it was dangerous, and we should head back. Before taking her on, we trained up little Azurill on the wild Tranquill and Sunkern (thank you Huge Power Bounce), and then quickly went to battle!

Spoiler

n0YpCg5.png

UpONN18.png

The battle opens with Dangerous going for detect while Waffles goes for Discharge. Unfortunately, both Lunatone and Solrock predicted this, and double teamed Waffles.

saz3fPe.png

Here, I tried to get the boosted power from Helping Hand, but then it said "it doesn't affect Dangerous"...

...what?

Either way, poor Azurill gets destroyed, but Dangerous manages to damage Lunatone.

Sy3AOvd.png

Dangerous manages to Mega Drain Solrock while Fenrir goes for Rock Slide. Solrock is flinched, and Lunatone goes down.

JGFwGmS.png

Fenrir goes for Rock Slide. Dangerous uses Leaf Blade on Solrock, but it switches into Duosion. Fortunately, Fenrir gets another flinch on Malamar.

8PAaHQ4.png

While Duosion takes out Dangerous with a Psyshock, Malamar gets flinched again.

WUMNHa1.png

Fenrir takes out Duosion with Rock Slide while Ashanti takes out Malabar with her newest move: Flamethrower.

FK7lzOC.png

Fenrir goes for another Rock Slide. Meowstic lands a thunderbolt on Fenrir, and Ashanti gets hit with Rock Slide. Fortunately, the duo are able to finish the job next turn.

Uj36uDI.png

Easy.

With another win under our belts, we are now ready to head into Akuwa town! Who should we catch? Name? Box? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

RVXEs9H.png

J04YLZG.png

Chapter 16: The Blacksteeple Redemption

Oh, man, is this going to be a long chapter! A lot of plot happened, and we were able to progress through a big part of the story. Before we went into Akuwa town, we decided to train our newest member, Haikyuu!! the Azurill. With all of her training: this happened:

Spoiler

WPpksp5.png

Our child evolved! Now let's check out those stats!

4pIxpKK.png

By looking at her stats, we can see that... that...

...wait a minute, is something different?

NAZjvwjh.png

OpQXgFNh.png

Y7xnU8bb.png

Xo9EDixh.png

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Apparently, this involves a glitch in traditional Pokemon games. Because of this, 25% of female Azurills grow dicks when they evolve.

Despite this interesting new evolution, we ended up in Akuwa town, where everyone had decided to mysteriously disappear. However, in the back of the aquarium, Aelita found a monitor with a police officer trying to contact anyone left.

lIs82uIh.png

Apparently, the town had been kidnapped by a mysterious group of people. Of course, as we say that, this happened:

nT2ECKEh.png

Well put, Aelita. This is why you're way better than Victoria from Reborn in every way.

Either way, we were captured and sent to "the joint" in a place called Blacksteeple Prison. While there, we met some new friends!

Spoiler

1JtVACmh.png

I might as well say this now:

I am so thankful for what Jan did to Saki. She was easily my least favorite character in V8, because she was mean and spoke in "dank memes, lol". Here, however, she actually has normal dialogue, and is bearable to listen to. Also, again, love the animations by the characters here.

wtGeoTrh.png

Eventually, we got in trouble day one (no thanks to our new friend Saki) and had to meet the Warden of the prison, a guy named Neved. He told us he was torturing Aelita for misbehaving, and would make sure to do the same to us if we were caught misbehaving again...

...of course, we did.

We ended up finding out that there was a place we could send out our Pokemon. This game me a bit more time to do some training.

Spoiler

rVQUZhrh.png

With her his ability Huge Power, she he is going to be awesome!

We ended up finding a way out, but first, we found our mom being held captive by Madelis! It was time to fight!

Spoiler

eXV45toh.png

ocGwymEh.png

One Rock Slide is an easy KO.

UI6fMI2h.png

Leaf Blade brings the Sharpedo down to red, but it gets a critical Night Slash and KOs Dangerous.

WKczBwnh.png

With a couple Force Palms, Normal_One is able to finish up the healed Sharpedo.

LeDYJ1Wh.png

Zweilous gets poisoned by Toxic. It is about to finish off Hazard Smell, but instead keeps missing Dragon Rush and is put down by poison.

fB5HEdxh.png

A Flamethrower finishes off Shiftry.

pO9o1jHh.png

Now, in most cases, two field effect boosted Rock Slides would KO. However, he ended up missing BOTH. Fenrir goes down.

6mv34uEh.png

Fortunately, Normal_One tanks the last two Thunder Fangs and KOs with Wake-Up-Slap

udgKr7qh.png

Well said.

Afterwards, we were able to free the rest of the prisoners. On our way up to face Neved, we ran into his guard, Emma, who proved to be zero challenge. Normal_One completely walled her (except for Gardevoir, who was defeated by Hazard Smell).

We finally made it to the top, and got ready to fight Neved, and with Aelita, no less!

Spoiler

1Ob2EJrh.png

OH MY GOD, THAT SPRITE IS STRANGE! I get that it's trying to look realistic, but I don't think that style works with Gen 3 graphics.

aMi71auh.png

Hazard Smell gets a toxic off on Aurorus. Aurorus uses Rock Slide, and Weavile uses ice beam (why, Neved). Scraggy inexplicably goes for Crunch on the Weavile before putting it out of its misery with a Brick Break.

37XLsbDh.png

Normal_One KOs Aurorus with Wake-Up-Slap, Mienfoo goes for Detect.

77B4edqh.png

Mienfoo goes down to a Shadow Ball, and Normal_One tanks a Razor Shell, but Normal_One still gets off one Knock Off.

GUcxLnch.png

Shadow Ball takes down Normal_One, but Barbaracle is blown away by a Brick Break.

kjZONfmh.png

Dangerous goes for detect while Blaziken finishes off Froslass. Gastrodon then goes for Surf.

bfH8VPbh.png

One Leaf Blade finishes the job.

dpoNNQDh.png

You had a Weavile with Ice Beam. What did you expect?

Of course, with our new found confidence, we were ready to head ou-

zvIXT6kh.png

...shit.

Spoiler

"Hi, I'm Temere. Welcome to Jackass!"

O5kWQrjh.png

One thing to note: this battle took multiple tries, so some levels will most likely be different from the previous battle.

7juwTd6h.png

The fight starts off with Hazard Smell attempting to use Toxic before Heat Wave blows it away.

bQGGyvvh.png

Poor Waffles gets destroyed by a Zen Headbutt (what an asshole).

4Yab6lah.png

Yveltal goes for Zen Headbutt...

...but misses!

This allows the opportunity to set up a Curse.

OvR5AgAh.png

At this point, I sacrifice LostBranch, but she easily pulled her weight in this fight.

fDPMTzKh.png

At this point, Normal_One can only go for Fake Out in order to ensure damage. This strategy works, however, as Yveltal is eventually brought down along with Normal_One.

xfAWTK1h.png

VICTORY!

nO05KGzh.png

...oh, wait, let me guess, "Yveltal still has energy left in it", right?

iTc74Yhh.png

...or that, I guess.

After the battle, we are left with no choice but to flee, where Madame X does something terrible.

jVHxmXbh.png

That's right. Our quest to save our mother ended in utter failure.

rip in spaghetti never forghetti

Thankfully, we were able to also witness a cool plot twist:

CNkOUV8h.png

hQ2LHKbh.png

That's right! Emma is Melia! She's not dead!

Df2WewMh.png

...wait, if you could do that, why didn't you just do that when she was pulling out her blade. She was clearly distracted by her own speech! You could have saved her!

(Yes, it's nitpicking, and I know it might have failed, but still...)

Either way, we all fled on the boat, where we were given a new team member. This member was the spawn of one of the Mawile from our mother. Meet our newest member...

PFRKugKh.png

Either way, next time, we will be fighting Valerie. Here is the question for all of you:

Which six Pokemon should I use?

Also, who else should I catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

h3qHBTVh.png

EXn52iDh.png

Box level is from highest to lowest.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Chapter 17: Valerie gets Washed Up

After being set free from Blacksteeple, Melia wanted to apologize to Valerie, Aelita, and the player for her mistreatment of us (most of all ourselves, because I guess electrocuting Aelita wasn't a big deal). She said some things about "strength" and "on that fateful day", and then repaired our snag machine! That would be awesome if we weren't about to run out of Shadow Pokemon, but hey, whatever works. Having said that, she did offer up a fight. We were quick to accept the challenge!

Spoiler

6MBPDfB.png

uUboXNV.png

At first glance, this seems like a horrible matchup. However, Normal_One goes for Fake Out and...

yZbGaM3.png

She already tried that during the last fight!
Either way, a Wake Up Slap decimates the Zoroark.

amuu3SB.png

Hazard Smell gets off one Toxic before Gardevoir can use Calm Mind. Hazard Smell gets off a Sucker Punch before Moonblast KOs.

sdQOIS3.png

Normal_One can only get in one Fake Out before being knocked out of the competition. However, the damage is done, as the poison KOs Gardevoir.

XlGsPFZ.png

I forgot that Pupitar is part ground, so Discharge does nothing. Waffles survives the Crunch, and is forced to switch out.

5Ru8iZ3.png

Dangerous gets an easy Leaf Blade KO.

jTel6bQ.png

One Rock Slide decimates the Yanmega.

WDzsXHU.png

Despite landing Rock Slide, it doesn't KO. Instead, Togekiss KOs with an Aura Sphere.

VjWpm6o.png

Luckily, Waffles is able to outspeed and KO with Discharge.

pKts5px.png

Despite the misplay with Waffles earlier, that was easy.

Before it was time for us to leave the ship, we were treated to a cutscene involving Team Xen.

Spoiler

UdmVZAa.png

Oh, a new recruit? I'm sure whoever it is will definitely have deep and interesting motivatio-

ZWrH9nr.png

...dear god, where do I begin?

One of the reasons Ren wanted to get stronger was because of Melia's death. He not only wanted to save his town, but he wanted to make sure he could be strong, unlike when Melia died...

...so why would he ever join the people he thought killed Melia?

For me personally, this is easily one of the most laughably ridiculous parts of the game. However, he reminds me of another coward from Reborn: Cal. Cal's methods are also laughably silly. When he set up the PULSE Camerupt, he set it to sabotage. All he had to do was let Kiki destroy it, and everything would be fine. However, he instead kills her Medicham, and leaves her briefly defenseless (as she hopefully brought her other five Pokemon). Indeed, both characters have interesting personalities, but both make boneheaded decisions.

In all fairness for Ren, however, we don't know what Crescent told him in Goldenleaf. When we learn about it, that may shed some light to the situation, but until then, Ren is too thickheaded for his own good.

After getting off the boat, we discovered we were on the island of Terajuma. Fortunately, we were close to a village named Kakori Village, home to a gym leader named Crawli. However, the jungle was infested with thick vines. We decided to go towards a path which required us to have the HM for Surf. While we couldn't use it, Valerie offered to fight us in order to give us the opportunity to use the HM. Without hesitation, we went to battle!

Spoiler

qfi4exR.png

EWzYqJB.png

The fight starts off with a Toxic from Hazard Smell. Lanturn decides to go for an Ice Beam, doing little. Hazard Smell then goes for two Sucker Punches, bringing Lanturn down to the red. Both Hazard Smell and Lanturn get knocked out.

VU8PLGP.png

Waffles sets up one Nasty Plot while Ludicolo goes for Rain Dance. Ludicolo hits with Giga Drain, while Waffles KOs with three Psychics (with one Hyper Potion). Waffles then uses Discharge on Valerie's next Pokemon and...

...well...

Ow9fwMd.jpg

With a +2 field-effect boosted Discharge, it was safe to say Valerie stood no chance.

Qh4yVrt.png

kqXrif0.png

...No, Braixen. It was just lame.

We were able to secure our next badge! We now have Surf! Who should we catch? Box? What should the nicknames of our new team members be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

ScaJm96.png

K9oRgAK.png

36 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

Dang, sad to see Lycanroc leave the run, oh well

He was only out of the party for this episode. He will be back. But first, if he should come back, who gets boxed?

When I saw this thread updated with "Latest Defeated: Madame X", my eyes went out of their sockets!

Amazing work yo, in my case I didn't even get to attack once hahaha

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

When I saw this thread updated with "Latest Defeated: Madame X", my eyes went out of their sockets!

Amazing work yo, in my case I didn't even get to attack once hahaha

Thank you so much! I lucked out! All I know is that in Rejuvenation, ghost types reign supreme (at least in my own opinion).

Chapter 18 Part 1: Little Rift of Horrors

This update will be short, as it is going to be a two parter (the second part is going to be a rant about a particular cutscene coming up next). Either way, last time, we decimated Valerie with field effect boosted +2 Discharges. This time, we were ready to head out to Kakori Village, where Crawli was supposed to live. However, as we were about to use the teleporter...

...nothing.

This meant we would have to take the long path. It would be a long and arduous journey, filled with many strong and powerful trainers...

Spoiler

zCUbrNs.png

...or it's just over immediately. I guess that works, too.

Also, Ashanti, personal space!

We ended up making it to the end of the jungle, when suddenly, Nim started apologizing profusely, stating that she couldn't "hold it it" anymore. While confused, we were shocked to find out that she was holding back old enemies!

WrlH8rr.png

That's right! Jenner, Geara, and Zetta were back! They knew they were outnumbered, but decided to take advantage of a certain dimensional rift...

vKZLfuu.png

This inspired Melia to say some words of wisdom to rally the troops.

Spoiler

MlJn5Vd.png

I'm sorry, but who's "we"? You haven't done anything! At least Aelita helped out with Carotos Mountain, but other than that, the most the rest of you have done is get captured!

That didn't matter to Zetta, however, as he sent us into the rift. There, we fought our next boss...

Spoiler

...and honestly, it's the worst rift in the game.

28M77UZ.png

All you need is something that can stall or confuse, and you win. I like the Audrey II reference, but the design just doesn't do it for me.

8IpkV8i.png

Poor thing is only a mean green mother from outer space, but it's definitely not bad.

Either way, we win, and Zetta and Geara rage quit by taking Nim hostage. We then found our way to Kakori Village, where we met a familiar face!

Spoiler

u6wOhTu.png

That's right, C from Goldenwood Forest was actually Crawli! That was something fun to see!

This is the end of part one! Soon, the rant begins...

Chapter 18 Part 2: Pointless

For the second part, it's going to mainly act as a rant. Keep in mind, I am keeping everything in unless there is one of the text boxes has only one word in it, so if you don't want to be bombarded with text, DON'T CLICK SPOILER:

Spoiler

We start off by going to get ready for the meeti-

f4UgO20.png

Why, yes, Melia! Are you also ready?

gorZ6bJ.png

mdJAJck.png

Yeah, I know! About that meeting...

rUd0343.png

...but what?

trAgB2L.png

Bk4QIme.png

8xduddS.png

I mean, our friend is in serious danger! I don't think-

Tfhw3LE.png

I'm not even getting a choice, am I?

LUSsNjp.png

qqw3Eps.png

7VCC31K.png

Cool! Can we go start the meeting now?

8io33vu.png

So that meeting...

FyODyBm.png

Awesome! Now we can get ready for our top priority: to save-

HVq7Vmd.png

OH COME ON!

ZW6ZkeD.png

uJglVuu.png

At this point, I'm feeling sorry for Dangerous (Sceptile). He's the ultimate third wheel in this.

sTDEso5.png

MDfyRlA.png

...NO!

You've known me for less than a day! That doesn't make us lifelong friends. We ate sandwiches together once! In fact, Nim could be dead by now because of-

VdFrr6Y.png

fqp63MA.png

R1h5ZkC.png 

PT9QeGK.png

Okay, maybe I forgot to take out one of the one worded text bubbles

lr09EZG.png

56BtEB3.png

Okay, but may I just say-

xP2jm02.png

tKdMJNg.png

You know, I got the feeling that that was the case a long time ago.

FyLt2Ue.png

nAUTUeN.png

B6gBNGf.png

4sQ9GMP.png

nHQTMli.png

Here's a lesson, then. When your friends are in danger, you try and help them. In this case, that means going to a meeti-

sjZNEuW.png

4d0hH0t.png

Just to remind the readers who made it this far, this is still going!

SloHk45.png

F1e6Yrv.png

...is this about to become a really bad anime trope?

31k9joc.png

It is, isn't it?

1ec4ht6.png

ptnDdSd.png

O6HfpRl.png

Yeah, but our friend is in-

JFqtdtP.png

ElVfeuv.png

I feel as if at this point, Dangerous (Sceptile) is taking a nap.

mdA7riB.png

sU8Ea1a.png

In all fairness, Aelita has actually been a really solid character.

FjwUzlp.png

cxwviGl.png

N9KAQ0H.png

Yeah, that's it. Nim gets turned to stone and kidnapped. Live and learn.

lmh6kYm.png

Yeah, I mean, then you worry about going to meetings to discuss the safety of your friends. Why would you ever-

vUrDZKN.png

That's a funny way of saying "we", Aelita.

zSpYA0A.png

0G84Oor.png

This cutscene is still going.

sdzy8nV.png

k2ZYpUV.png

You see? Aelita gets it!

c1NwdRl.png

tF2Xqnj.png

NuWjz1I.png

Is the cutscene finally over? Can we go-

h0ZNtfz.png

OH COME ON!

BZwv0bg.png

zCuHTZo.png

...what exactly is her job, anyway? Attracting shiny Pokemon?

m5GoLjW.png

9HJovvM.png

Honestly, I'd rather by the dynamic duo, but I guess I can help out.

Either way, the cutscene is finally over! Now, Aelita just has to bring us back and-

7RUpaB7.png

...we weren't even brought back...

All of that just to get dropped off in the middle of the forest!

I can't lie here, this cutscene is pointless. It adds nothing to Melia's character, and without it, it wouldn't make a difference. Melia is a blank slate here, and we pretty much heard a bunch of nothing. I could even shorten the cutscene's dialogue myself:

Melia: Walk with me. Oh, look, the teleporters don't work. Oh, well, let's go for another walk.

*go for walk*

Melia: I'm sad.
Aelita: Stop being sad.

Melia: Okay!

*Melia and Aelita abandon MC in rainforest*

Jan, if you're reading this, please at least consider this suggestion: please make the cutscene optional. It's entirely too long, and it really doesn't add much to the game. I could definitely see people liking this if it was their first time, but if Nim was captured, I would think Melia's priority would be to save her, not go on a walk. It undermines her position as a "leader", and just seems silly. However, all of this is just my own opinion, and should only be taken with a grain of salt. Rejuvenation is still an amazing game, but it's just a suggestion that I feel may make the game even more amazing.

TLDR: I didn't like it.

Either way, next time, we will be beginning this fabled meeting! Who should we catch (we WILL be going after a Corphish soon)? What should their names be? Who should we use/box? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

e4heuWG.png

w54pCd0.png

Chapter 19: Shore-ly, You Could do Better

Last time, we went ahead an made it to Kakori Village. We started this chapter with the long and fabled meeting Melia talked about. We were granted access to Route 5 by Crawli when suddenly, the mountain erupted!

Uu06wH6.png

Without hesitation, we went to confront Team Xen. As we were traversing through Route 5, we all ran into Zetta, who was looking to pick a fight!

Spoiler

nf2c85j.png

4Tk0VvS.png

The fight starts off with Normal_One hitting Absol with Fake Out and Wake Up Slap. Both moves decimate the poor thing.

FNZUBPx.png

Dangerous is sent out against this Jumpluff and goes for Mega Drain in order to bring its HP down enough...

...but then the Ultra Ball fails, and Dangerous goes down to two Acrobatics to the face.

4ITmfZQ.png

Luckily, the next Ultra Ball works, and we have captured a Jumpluff!

qGr9pNu.png

Hazard Smell goes for the Toxic on Type: Null. She is forced to switch out after two X-Scissors.

m8Qi2J1.png

Fenrir gets a flinch Rock Slide, following it up with an Accelerock to finish the job.

8o3DIk3.png

One fighting move sends the Weavile to the Shadow Realm.

5oyaYrz.png

Two Psychics are enough to take out the Vileplume.

1oRjhZn.png

No, you didn't. Luckily, my awesome friends will credit me for winning the battle singlehandedl-

6z9HQub.png

No, no, no! You didn't do anything! Don't take this from-

Cc8F1BU.png

No! You don't get to send out your Pokemon, have them watch the fight, and then act like you did all the work!

jKmGRc1.png

Come on, Aelita! Not you, too!

Of course, Zetta put up no fight. However, he had another card left to play: distraction.

S5bXWR3.png

With Geara's winged chicken, Zetta ran off to the volcano, where he told us that we would need to learn how to cross lava in order to progress. Why Melia doesn't just use Togekiss to send everyone over is beyond me, but whatever...

...in fact, couldn't Aelita's Hawlucha have also done the job? Before you say it needs to know Fly, Melia's Togekiss doesn't know it, either, and it seems to manage.

Either way, Zetta then told us that we have been played in one of the most painful ways possible...

...a really bad pun.

0uAcKEa.png

Zt6XRYI.jpg

...no, Zetta. Just no...

We ended up moving back to the beach in order to fend off from the Xen threat: the Dexoy from the boat! This provided Hazard Smell with the perfect opportunity to train. As such, we knocked them out, and went back home...

...which is extremely anticlimactic, but okay, I'll roll with it.

Next time, we will be participating in another meeting ran by Melia (which means we'll just be walking with her to tell her to stop being sad, but whatever)!

Current Team

Spoiler

0xBE66n.png

7HvCkk5.png

Chapter 20: Ren's Radical Realization

As we began the second meeting without interruptions Melia, we discussed who should be left behind in order to guard the ship. Eventually, it was decided that it would be Adam and Braixen. Honestly, while I loved Adam, he added nothing to the story. At least you fought Valerie before, and it's also clear Braixen sucks, anyway. Afterwards, we heard loud music, only to see something awesome:

Spoiler

2q73pIQ.png

Venam, how I missed you! It's good to have you back!

Either way, as Melia and Venam were catching up, we decided to look for Crawli. Instead, we found Rorim B, who was once again a complete pushover. Fortunately, however, we were able to secure that Shadow Sudowoodo with the Snag Machine this time! Other than that, the battle was boring.

Rorim B told us his son, Crawli, was at his secret base in the Sheridan Wetlands. We grabbed Melia and Aelita, and decided to head out!

Spoiler

7tGFp1v.png

Of course, this provided the perfect opportunity to train Satyr (Vivillon), who hasn't seen action in a while!

The Sheridan Wetlands were quite hostile. However, they allowed us to test out our Good Rod. As such, say hello to the newest member of our team:

Spoiler

68HOrZZ.png

Oh yeah, Mr. Krabs!

Of course, before I elaborate on the next section, I'm going to nitpick a bit here; how did Melia and Aelita traverse through the Wetlands? Neither of their Pokemon can learn Surf, and Aelita doesn't even have badges. You could say that Melia could have used her Togekiss to take Aelita across the water, but even so, why didn't they do that for the volcano? The quest for Magma Drift would be pointless if we just flew there...

...anyway, as we were walking, we found an abandoned factory, only to see a familiar face...

Spoiler

zEL4LKv.png

Melia, to be honest, that's the first thing you've said all game I've completely agreed with!

ejtvbYb.png

And that's supposed to make it better?!

"Oh, I'm evil now, but that's okay because I thought the same evil organization I'm working for murdered you..."

But of course, that's followed up by this amazing comeback...

G0yTTZ5.png

L01px5p.jpg

After that unpleasant reunion, we decided to find power switches in order to lower the bridges. Along the way, we discovered this:

Spoiler

GFoS5Ua.pnggKGcQit.png

More Shadow Pokemon! That's neat! I honestly thought they had run out! Either way, if it is anything like last game, we are officially done with the Shadow Pokemon. More than last time for sure, but still not enough to justify their existence in the game.

We eventually made it down the end of the base, where Crawli was attempting to stop Nastasia. As such, she tasked Ren with stalling us. It was time for a fight!

Spoiler

rSEWaFx.png

6uBR1uZ.png

The battle starts off with Sableye barely denting Hazard Smell with Shadow Claws. Toxic does its toll and wastes the Hyper Potions, but Sableye is eventually switched out for Scrafty. I switch out to Haikyuu!! (Azumarill), who gets hit by a Critical Hit High Jump Kick.

bXV6SPn.png

Haikyuu!! heals up, and Scrafty misses two High Jump Kicks, allowing enough time for Haikyuu!! to finish the job.

ZpHDJNS.png

I think Hazard Smell can take a hit, but as a Life Orbed Scald proves, I am very wrong.

6FLJSxo.png

Normal_One can only go for Fake Out, and then Force Palm Paralysis. While sustaining heavy damage, he survives, allowing him to switch to Haikyuu!! (Azumarill) in the middle of a Critical Scald.

2P6sx7Z.png

Poor Haikuu!! is sacrificed to heal Normal_One (Hariyama).

Gisiqv4.png

Hariyama finishes the job with Fake Out followed by Life Orb recoil.

7jQBllP.png

A field effect boosted Rock Slide decimates poor Houndoom.

WX2odzQ.png

The same happens to poor Honchkrow.

D06qhse.png

I decide here to let Dangerous get some EXP. After all, he was about to learn X-Scissor.

bwVYXyT.png

Easy.

Despite our best efforts, Nastasia was able to get away. We will eventually catch up to her, but first, we have a gym battle to prepare for! Who should we go after? What should their names be? Who should we box? Who should we use against Crawli? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

4EfruB1.png

yRr2ZZJ.png

QCTYkWe.png

Haikyuu!! heals up, and Scrafty misses two High Jump Kicks, allowing enough time for Haikyuu!! to finish the job.

You have so much luck...

On my run, High Jump Kicks hits always....

68HOrZZ.png

Oh yeah, Mr. Krabs!

Yeah finally :D

Hope he will be good on your side ;)