[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Armory (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

She looks around, taking in the weapons, armor, and such that were normal to the armory, then shakes her head, confirming that she basically gets that this is an armory. 

A little understocked, but an armory.

At this point, they had seemingly completed their tour of the area, so she, presumably accompanied by Solomon, moves on to the Barracks.

Edited by Ragnarok97071
added movement note to the end of post for continuity

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ritsu:

Deciding that the courtyard was too busy for her to do her maintenance work, Ritsu decided to go into the armory to work. For starters, she needed to re-calibrate the armor that she received. Though it suited her abilities, it suited her actual form less so. As she prepared to begin her adjustments, she noticed a familiar face present in the armory.

"Hiroki? How are you faring?" she decides to ask. Though the two had only previously interacted once, it wouldn't hurt to converse with the other people in the group. And besides, having some conversation during work tended to make the time, and work, pass by rather quickly.

"Huh?" Hiroki had just been finding a spot to sit down and relax. The cots here weren't as comfortable as her bed back home, but it'd been a while since she'd been back there anyway. They also paled in comparison to her cabin on that train she'd went so far on, but, well, she would take what she could get at this point. "I'm, um, fine," she said, somewhat guardedly. Her default response to people was still suspicion, especially with the stress she'd been through lately. She still trembled slightly, when she forgot to manage it; she could deal with stress in the moment, but the aftermath was something else. In short: she wasn't really fine.

"Is that so?' Ritsu responds in a rather dull tone, noting Hiroki's slight trembling. She didn't recall which group she was assigned to, and she had no idea what may have gone on with the other groups. Setting her crusader armor to the side for a moment, she begins looking it over before talking to Hiroki again.

"Remind me again, which squad were you assigned to again for the most recent task? And how did things go?" she decides to ask in an attempt to learn more about how the other squads fared.

"I, um, was helping lift the um, siege here. There's no more siege." She glanced at the suit of armor with curiosity. It seemed a little. . . huge, for the maid to be carrying around, but then she was a robot or something, so she guessed it made sense. Ritsu wasn't the only one with gear that was way heavier than could be reasonably expected for her stature. From the brief look at it, the armor had some commonalities with her own. It was definitely powered in some way, and the thruster on it was reminiscent of the concealed vents she used for her Mantle. In fact, those could probably be adapted to do something similar. . .

"I see. I was situated in the battle against Lancer, which...well..." Ritsu trails off, wondering exactly how to explain what happened. "Well I guess the best way to explain is simply to show you," she says before bringing out the plush version of Lancer. "It seems that Dackly has the ability to turn enemies into plushies under certain circumstances, and this is the result," she finishes, before turning her attention back to her armor.

"Incidentally, would you happen to have skills with tinkering with equipment such as this?" Ritsu asks, pointing to her crusader armor.

"Um, sort of? I know a lot about how stuff like this, um, works, but I don't really modify things by hand." She side-eyed the plush nervously. It was definitely moving on its own; were they sure it was harmless? She, was harmless? The plush didn't really look that threatening, and Hiroki only got a vaguely sad(?) impression from it. She shuffled about on the bed a bit, both moving away from the thing slightly and getting a better angle to look at the armor from. "What were, um, you planning on doing with this?"

"Well, I was planning on making a few modifications to it to better fit me at all points. As it is now, the armor functions quite well and is surprisingly compatible with me in terms of ability. As for its form, it's no trouble to me like this but you see..." Ritsu pauses as she transforms into her beast form. "As you could guess, the armor doesn't fit this form nearly as well, which is something I intend to remedy," Ritsu explains in a more mechanical voice than when she was in her normal form. After circling around the armor once, she transforms back and nods her head. "I do believe it is possible to reformat this armor in such a way that it can accommodate both of my forms, and while I do possess the ability to actually handle the machinery, having some help would be of great benefit," Ritsu finishes.

Hiroki nodded slowly. "Um, I think I've seen some transforming mech designs, it, um, probably wouldn't be too hard to come up with a solution to it." She tried to think back to the competition to remember the particulars. Transforming mechs weren't particularly common, really; it was a lot of effort to put in, and usually it took the form of popping out of an external suit of some variety rather than a total form change. 

"That should be sufficient. Now then, let us begin," Ritsu states, putting the plush lancer to the side while she and Hiroki start tinkering with the crusader armor. The armor itself was well built, but converting it to a different frame from a human proved to have some minor complications. However, with a bit of effort, the pair eventually manage to get it to work, and to make sure, Ritsu donned the armor in her lion-like form.

"Hmm, a bit strange, but functional. No signs of the armor functionality being restricted either. Good, this will suffice," Ritsu says proudly in a more mechanical voice before transforming back to her normal form. "It seems this project is a success. Now then..." Ritsu trails off as she looks at the plush lancer. "You don't suppose anyone has a method to let Lancer communicate with us in her current form do you?"

Hiroki shook her head. "I don't, um, know. The old orc guy, um, had some way of talking to objects, I think? Um, I don't know if that's really an object, though. . ." She continued to side-eye the plush on occasion; it still moved on its own, albeit not particularly productively. Wasn't it dangerous to have here? "Aren't there um, people that can use magic around?"

"There should be, though I'm not entirely sure whether or not the magic they possess is what I'm looking for. Still though, it wouldn't hurt to check," Ritsu says, preparing her leave by securing her now altered armor and the plush. "Again, I thank you for your earlier assistance. Hopefully the two of us can chat again if time allows. Now then, I'll be off," she says before heading off into the Courtyard.

Apparently a Sex offender-03/28/2018

Solomon will spend two crafting tokens out of the four he currently has to try and reforge his ring with the gold he got from that one time his breastplate tried to kill him and enchant it to improve the power of his debuffs. He will also ask Spicy to help out with the actual shaping if he messes up (Because she can actually touch the molten metal), and with using her experience with curses to help him enchant the damn thing .

King Murdoc-03/29/2018

[Partial Success, Partial Fail] The old curses seem to be lingering in the thing; he creates the ring, but feels like it probably has some kind of negative effect on him as well. (The ring increases the duration of debuffs lasting more than one turn by one, on both the wearer and victims.)

Apparently a Sex offender-03/29/2018

Solomon is just going to try and make the ring increase the effect of debuffs as well with one crafting token, and increasing the duration bonus with his second and final craft token.

King Murdoc-04/03/2018

[Failure] Solomon manages to. . . make it increase the effect of debuffs on himself by 10%. Whoops.

Apparently a Sex offender-04/03/2018

Also yeh I think I am going to use Solomon's remaining craft token to cut my lossed and try to remove the drawbacks before it goes out of hand

King Murdoc-04/03/2018

[Massive Failure] Solomon decides that further meddling with this enchantment might want to wait, as the magic actually physically bites him in his second attempt to corral it.

Solomon lets out a sigh and flops back on a nearby chair to try and nurse the bitemarks on his finger after the ring's magic decided to physically bite him in his second attempt to try and make it less of a hindrance. He turned slightly to get a better look at Spicy before he sarcastically said, "Well, that went well."

Mira

Eventually, Mira managed to find her way to the armory, narrowing her eyes as she entered the building. This place was well stocked… But worn out by constant battle. That much was obvious to her. As she kept walking through, she kept eying the tools stored inside. Perhaps she could spend her time until the next battle resharpening her blade.

At least, that was what she was thinking about doing, until she suddenly stopped, turning her head to look at a rather roughed up scientist (judging by the old lab coat he wore)... Injecting “blood” into several ants that set them ablaze. And soon enough, setting the entire jar they were contained in on fire.

“... What are you doing?” Mira’s deep, altered voice asked, one of her red eyes visibly expanding like an eyebrow was risen in confusion.

Spicy HG glances over to Solomon after she finished picking up a few trace chunks of gold from the creation of the ring.

"Yeah...are you sure you know how this whole enchanting thing works?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friedhold pulled away and turned to look at Mira just as the rim of the jar he was using caught fire and scorched his hand some.  He sighed, winced, and looked at the wound quickly before it started glowing with a soft green light and the burn disappeared.

"I am-- was feeding them a ADAM based solution that rewrites their genetic code and splices in the capability to both withstand great temperatures and produce flames from their body.  Now, it seems.  I am going to need to locate another container to keep them in."

He looked back and watched the flames slowly burning away the ring of grease around the top of the jar.

Mira

At Friedhold’s explanation, Mira slightly nodded, “I see. And what IS this ‘ADAM’, exactly?” she asked. Already, she could note that it could genetically alter something (the ants, specifically at the moment), and if she was correct, had healing properties as well (since she had noticed the green glow from it healing his burn wound).

• 2 weeks later...

Friedhold turned to look back at Mira and answer her question.

"ADAM is a chemical substance which allows me to create serums that modify the genetic structure of whatever subject takes them, usually through injection."

He pauses to think for a second, realizing she might not have understood all of what he just said, she was using a sword after all, and he had no way of knowing how backwater her world might be.

"That would mean I could make someone taller, shorter, stronger--" He raised his hand up and generated the same greenish glow from before, "make you heal faster, or almost anything else."

On 4/14/2018 at 4:27 AM, StormLord said:

Spicy HG glances over to Solomon after she finished picking up a few trace chunks of gold from the creation of the ring.

"Yeah...are you sure you know how this whole enchanting thing works?"

"I do... or at least I think I used to, but I think I am just...going to chalk all of this up as nothing more than bad luck and a lack of practice for now," he let out a sigh as he leaned back into a quickly forming throne of books once more and said, "But either way I can't really fault you for trying to help...especially since most of the problems were caused by my fuck ups anyway."

Mira

For a few seconds, Mira took in the explanation Friedhold had given her, before nodding again, folding her arms as she did so, “Hm. Not that different from my own then” she stated, before pausing. Ordinarily, she wouldn’t have said anything related to her own Magra, even something remotely related to it. It seems she was getting more open thanks to this ‘saving the universe’ thing.

It felt weird.

“... How much of this do you have? How easy is it to create?” Mira asked after the brief pause, wanting to try and get away from the subject of her Magra before it was touched upon.

Spicy HG:

"Well at least no one got hurt...uhh, much." She glanced over at the bite mark left on Solomon's hand.  "I wish I had something for that, but I don't.  I'm sure there are plenty of healers around you could go talk to."

She looked thoughtful for a moment, and then slightly concerned.  "There are plenty of healers around right?  I mean, what kind of inter-dimensional adventuring party would we be without extra healers?" She gave a short, somewhat forced, laugh.

"Anyway, I think I should go see if I can find a storm goddess now.  Need any other help first?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friedhold:

Friedhold peak in interest when Mira mentioned "Her own" before replying to her question.

"I do not have very much I am afraid.  I cannot produce it myself and under normal circumstances it would be extracted from certain sea slugs.  Normally she--" At that point he turned to gesture at something behind him, only to reveal...nothing.  An empty space.  He stared for a second in confusion, followed by a brief flash of something worse, and then the straightening out of his expression. "--Ah.  Yes.  She must have simply wandered off while I was working.  Either way, the girl with me has a curious anomalous property of being able to extract ADAM from the corpses of the recently deceased.  A process which can normally only be done if the subject has had ADAM introduced into their system before death, but she is capable of regardless." He gave a feint smile after clearly trying to gloss over the morbid nature of what he had just described, suddenly remembering that not everyone had the same level of acceptance on the subject as he did.

• 3 weeks later...

Mira

"So essentially, all you have to do is kill someone, and this girl can extract more of it from them. You must enjoy hanging around recent battlefields" Mira commented, "Useful, considering the circumstances" she added before pausing. Ordinarily, that would be where she would stop, completely, and end the conversation. However, as she had learned from this job so far, others seemed capable of using her own strength to help themselves. This scientist, with his similar material, could do the same.

So, with that that, she decided to give him some information on her own thing, "My own 'modifier', called Magra, is fairly similar to this ADAM. Though it cannot accomplish everything, it has a wide range of uses, and on account of it being my own 'blood', I effectively have an infinite supply of it."

• 4 weeks later...

"Well I certainly do not enjoy using a Little Girl to get it.  Though I am confidant that at this point nothing short of a small nuclear bomb would be enough to kill her."

Not strictly true, while Friedhold wasn't entirely sure to what extent her body was resistant she might have a chance with the fallout and outer blast of the explosion.  Either way anything that destroyed her ADAM slug completely would probably kill her.

Friedhold shrugged at the second comment.

"I would have liked to worked in a proper lab, but I can not say this place is very much worse than my previous workplace, if at all."

Friedhold stopped and listened to Mira explain how her Magra worked before continuing with several questions.
"It replaces your blood completely with no significant side effects?  Very interesting.  I am planning to set up a proper lab inside the Castle once we've finished dealing with whatever is plaguing this world.  Would you mind if I took a few "Blood" samples from you?  I believe I will be interested in exploring what "Magra" is capable of, and of course I can share what I learn with you."

Mira

At Friedhold's questions, Mira merely shrugged, "There were at first, but I was young and my body adapted to them. But..." she replied, before pausing. In all honesty, she had just fully accepted Magra as a part of her, and while she had a good amount of knowledge of the subject, she truly didn't fully understand her own 'blood'. So, this might be a chance to do so, "... Why not. I'll pass by your 'lab' once this mission is complete."