[IC] I Wanna Be the Best Monster-slaying Idol in the Galaxy! (Intro Chapter)

Code: PIRULUK

"It's soooo.... Yuri." Yuki sighed a bit, guess she couldn't ALWAYS wear cute dresses. "But if Yuri looks good in them, I'll look good in them as well for sure. What about this?" She reaches out for a Regal Coord and puts it over herself. "Think this would look good on me?"

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuri put down the Elegant Coord and walked over to her twin, patting Yuki on the back. "I know you want to wear cute things, but we need to do it for the show. There'll be plenty of chances to look absolutely adorable on stage, I guarantee it!" She leaned in and whispered something in Yuki's ear - "Look, after the show I'll let you dress me up in whatever cute clothes you want to, alright? To make up for it." She took a step back to look at Yuki with the Regal Coord, making a show of thinking about it. "Mmmm... yeah, I think it'd look good on you."

Yuki grinned mischievously at her sister. "You're going to regret that super hard sis, I guarantee it!" She sang that phrase, picking up both of the  dresses and walking towards the cash register. "I'm all set!"

So Yuki is buying a Rhythm Next Coord and a Regal Coord. 

Yuri smiled right back. She saw copious amounts of pink in her future, but at least she made Yuki smile. She went and purchased a Simple Elegant Coord (Rosette Masquerade). "Guys, we've got to go and do other things too..."

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't think I do," Lucinda starts, "Didn't we- Holy sh- Crap that's more zeroes than I remember!"  As she spoke, she'd checked her balance, and there was quite a bit more money in there than she remembered having.  "I guess I will get a Fashion Next dress.  Not exactly my style, but until I get to pick my own sets I'll do my best with what I'm given."

• 2 weeks later...

The robotic clerk who is completely not in any way suspicious and harbors absolutely no intention of spearheading the A.I. apocalypse nods in acknowledgement of your orders with a perfect example of a plastic smile.

"Alright then, 8 dresses for the 5 washed-up, pitiable fleshbag idols with little to no future. I won't ask if you'd like them gift-wrapped, because you probably couldn't afford it."

Lucinda buys a Simple Future Coord for 30k yen!

Ayaka buys a Simple Future Coord and a Simple Gothic Coord for 60k yen!

Yuki buys a Simple Regal Coord and a Simple Future Coord for 60k yen!

Yuri buys a Simple Elegant Coord for 30k yen!

Azusa buys a Simple Future Coord and a Simple Elegant Coord for 60k yen!

"Thank you, and please come shop again - assuming you don't do the smart thing and give up first."

Yen Remaining:

Lucinda: 70,000

Ayaka: 40,00

Yuri: 70,000

Yuki: 70,000

Azusa: 40,000

All Idols gain +5 Bond with all other idols!

Heading back to the ship, you feel the approaching deadline of the next live. You probably have time for one more action - What will you do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have 1 Action remaining for this phase.

Action List:

> Roll the Gacha (Free Action)

> Publicity

Handshake Event - Hold a handshake event to meet with your fans. Requires all members. Success of event depends on popularity.

Radio Show - Appear as guests on a radio show to promote your Live. Requires 2 idols.

Street Promotion - Spend a day on the busiest street planetside and hand out fliers to promote your performance. No minimum requirement.

> Rehearse - Rehearse for your next Live. This will give you a score boost.

> Lessons - Solo practice that will raise stats.

> Net Research

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

Yuri cracked her knuckles as they got back to the ship. Time to get to work. "Alright! Me, Azusa, and Lucinda need to practice for this, since we're going to be up front." she began, pointing out the girls in question. "The question's then, what do you two -" She nodded to Yuki and Ayaka - "Do? Do you two want to practice too? Or do you think you should work on publicity with one of those opportunities - that is, the fliers or the radio show. I... don't think a handshake event would go well."

• 2 weeks later...

"We should do the radio show! It'll be fun! Yuki-chan, we should go and do that!" Truth be told, she also didn't particularly want to walk around all day handing out fliers in her fluffy dress. As much as she liked showing it off, that sounded like boring work. 

Yuki looks at the others nodded. "Alright, that's decided then! Yuki, Ayaka, do your best - make sure they know what type of show it is too, things like the song and theme - it'll get the sort of people who are going to enjoy our performance there." she says, before giving Yuki a pat on the back.

"Uh... sorry, Azusa. It's best we practice in the outfits we're going to wear, get used to how it feels to dance in that and all. It's a more 'cool' sort of dress than the 'sexy' type you were wearing in our first show, so it probably won't be very revealing, if that's the problem."

Yuki and Ayaka find themselves in a radio booth. The place has seen better days. The soundproofing on the walls is wearing thin, peeling off in several areas. The mic's steel looks tarnished, the table looks worn out, and the window that separates the recording room from the sound studio looks grimy in places. The DJ, a morose-looking young man in a faded suit, sits across from them and regards them with a tired smile.

"Apologies for... well, this. We used to be a pretty well-known studio, but we've lost a lot of listeners in recent years to newer styles of music. All those gimmicky idols - they're all the rage these days. Little appreciation for good old-fashioned, music-focused idols these days. So now we just play old tracks, and interview the few rare new vanilla idol groups that pop up - like you people. It's a shame none of you seem to last very long."

He fiddles with the mic and turns to the control room, giving them a thumbs up. He then turns back to the girls.

"Well then. A couple rules. First, feel free to go on tangents, but don't overdo it - we don't have a lot of time. Second, we don't work with scripts here, so I'll be adlibbing most of my questions - I expect you to follow up in turn. Even if I ask one of you a question, the other can feel free to answer or cut in. And finally, don't swivel in the chairs. They creak. Now, we're going live in 3...2...1..."

He hits a button on the table, and his manner changes completely - gone is the morose, world-weary man, and in his place is an excitable young DJ.

"Hello System, this is DJ Michael and you're tuning in to nine nine seven point five alpha's Stellar Stream! It's a wonderful solar afternoon, but we're getting accident reports in space sectors gamma 2, 5, 7 and 83. So if you're planning to hop over to Sector Three for a quick bite, you probably want to try taking the Underwarp today. But enough about the traffic - joining us today, we have a pair of fresh new idols, fresh off Earth - that's right, the mother planet, Earth! Some of you might be familiar with them after hearing about their absolutely disastrous first performance! You guessed it, it's none other than Ayaka-chan and Yuki-chan, from..."

He thrusts the mic in front of Ayaka's face. A man in the recording room holds up a cue card that reads "Introduce your unit's name!"

Ayaka started noticably at the sudden question - they hadn't even picked a name yet. Luckily, however, she'd spent a lot of time considering this very question! It was hard to imagine life as an idol growing up without constantly thinking of unit names (among other things.) "Uh, G★G!" she said, with the barest pause. (Don't ask how she actually pronounced the star.) "We've worked really hard to get ready for the concert coming up, so it's going to be a better show this time." She tried to avoid getting upset at the mention of their first show - they just slapped them all onto the stage without letting them coordinate outfits or anything! It wasn't fair.

DJ Michael pulls the mic back toward himself.

" G★G, you say? Mind telling us what it stands for? And while we're at it, tell us a bit more about your upcoming concert. That last one was kind of painful to watch - if I may be honest. You're saying this one will be better? What song will you be performing? Or is that a secret?"

This time he hands the mic to Yuki, awaiting a response.

"Eeeeeeeeeh?" Yuki looks at Ayaka in confusion. But like a bolt of lightning an idea sparks in her head. "Galaxy Girls, it stands for Galaxy Girls!" She smiled brightly at her own greatness. "I think it would spoil the surprise if we just gave away the name of our song, so let's keep that a surprise. Let's just say that it's a really cool track and you'll be sad if you miss it! Ever since our last concert we've gotten to know each other better." She paused thinking of their shopping trip, and practicing with Ayaka, and all the things they had done up to this point. "We are more in synch than ever, and we'll only keep shining brighter! So please come support us, we promise we won't disappoint you!" 

Yuri, for her part, couldn't really wait around and listen to the interview. She'd quickly changed her outfit into her newer dress - the "White Future Coord", and headed for the practice room, where she would wait for Lucinda and Azusa - they needed to practice, after all.

DJ Michael's eyes twinkle at the unexpected morsel.

"Oh? You're more in sync than ever, you say? You heard them, listeners, so let's have them prove it!"

He thrust the mic back in front of Ayaka.

"Ayaka, could you tell us what Yuki's favorite brand is? Oh, and while we're at it, please tell us the colour of her underwear, too."

The staff in the room held up another placard: The second bit is a joke. You don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

"Y-Yuki-chan loves Crown Smile, of course!" The second bit had clearly thrown the girl for a loop; fortunately, someone listening on the radio couldn't hear her luminescent blush at the question. "And that color is a closely guarded secret, Michael-san." To her credit, though, other than the initial stutter she mostly managed to keep her voice under control. She actually sounded (sort of) like the cool idol she imagined herself to be. "I couldn't just tell anyone that." She briefly considered firing back by asking him what the color of his best friend's underwear was. 

DJ Michael grins - his first genuine show of emotion - and flashes Ayaka a thumbs up, praising her for the quick thinking. While he does so, he continues to speak into the mic.

"Is that so? That means you know it then? My word, you girls are close. Well, never let it be said I'm not a gentleman - I'll not pry any further. Back on topic, though, Crown Smile, you say? Interesting. Can't say that I see that brand around here very often. C'mon, give us a little insider info; what are you girls going to be wearing for this upcoming concert? Any worries or concerns about it in particular?"

The question this time was directed at Yuki.

Lucinda grabs her guitar, and puts the Simple Future Coord on first, then one of her retro jackets.  She thinks the two look rather good together, like something out of one of those old sci-fi movies from when six inch screens and cassette tapes were future tech.  Then, she heads to the practice room, humming exercises to help warm her voice up.

That said, Lucinda's fashion sense isn't always the most... trendy and up to date.  In fact, her new purchase aside, most of her wardrobe fell out of fashion decades ago.  If not centuries.

Edited by DragonRage

"Correct!" Yuki smiled and clapped as the other girl guessed correctly. "Ayaka-Chan I didn't know you liked me THAT much." She teased, stiffing a giggle. "To answer your question Michael-Kun, I'm going out of my comfort zone and wearing something more cool oriented. Appealing to an audience I normally don't appeal to. I'm a bit worried about standing out, Yuri might steal the spotlight from me." Yuki covered her mouth as she made an 'oh' sound. "I guess we didn't talk about the other members, Yuri is my twin sister and she's as cool as I am cute. And then there's Lucinda and Azusa, who are amazing in their own ways. So in the middle of all this competition I'm just worried about doing my best, and worried if the fans will like me. I really hope they do!"