[IC] I Wanna Be the Best Monster-slaying Idol in the Galaxy! (Intro Chapter)

Code: PIRULUK

"I'll go!" Yuki beams up gleefully. "I had a bad showing as well, so let's work hard to do our best! Although"  She poked her fingers together looking away shyly. "I wanted to try that... What was it called? Dress, synthesis... Thing. It sounds like fun! And I might get a cute dress out of it. So I'm going to do the Miracle Draw! Thing!"

Miracle Draaaaaaaaaaw go!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as Yuki finished that sentence, QB popped out from a hole in the wall - at this point, you realise that the walls in the ship are lined with dozens of these tiny holes, presumably to make it easier for the girls to throw away their money summon QB. The little heart of gold spun around rapidly, tearing a brief gap in reality near its base. Looking into the hole, you would have seen the expanse of the stars, stretching out endlessly, a sea of possibility beyond human comprehension...

Then, without warning, a small pink box giftwrapped with a silver ribbon popped out of the hole, floating midair. Its job done, QB spun once and disappeared along the same hole from whence it had arrived.

Opening the box, Yuki finds a cute little silver tiara, simply designed, with a little pink jewel set in its center.

Yuki obtained the Simple Tiara!

Item: Simple Tiara

Rarity: PR

Type: Cute

Item Class: Accessory

Brand: Crown Smile

Effects: Increases the effects of Crown Smile dresses by 50%. Effect cannot exceed the cap for dress bonus.

"Okay! Um, QB? How do I get to a practice room?" Something about the white and pink robot seemed a bit off. It had a cute design, sure, but something about it was. . . creepy. . . Or maybe she was just on edge from the events of the day. 

Ayaka goes to practice her Appeal!

QB popped out of another hole, this time next to Ayaka.

"Simple! Just go down this corridor, turn left, then right, then left, then left, then go up three stories, go right, find the stairs with the odd number of steps, take that up two floors, turn right, turn left, jump two steps to your left, spin around in circles thrice, go straight for 200 meters and shout "kitaaaaaaaaaaaa" in an excited voice; a hidden staircase should open. Take that set of stairs down five floors and follow the path; you'll find yourself right back here, so when you do, just turn and take that door on your left."

With that, QB disappeared again.

"Oh this is cute!" Yuki exclaimed. She put the tiara back in it's box, and then grabbed Ayaka's hand. "Come on let's go practice, don't follow the silly instructions." She said dragging Ayaka along to the practice room. 

Practice!

As Ayaka and Yuki enter the training room, they are greeted with a room about the size of an indoor tennis court. A set of long balance beams line one corner, and trampolines dot the floor, surrounded by large gym mats. An AV system in the side beckons invitingly, decorated in a gaudy pink colour with a large arrow pointing to a port that read "Insert Music Player Here". Next to it was a beginner's VFX rig, designed for ease of use, for idols to select VFX they wanted to experiment with.

Training Room

Level 1

Available VFX: Simple Projector.

((Practicing your Appeals here is freeform. By indicating which Appeal you're practicing, I'll make a note on my Secret GM Sheet (TM) and you'll find it easier to pull off that Appeal in your next Live.))

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

Ayaka looked about the practice room, obviously pleased with the facility. "Yuki, do you want to pick the music? I need to set up the projector and stretch some." She headed over to the VFX machine, fiddling with it a bit and familiarizing herself with the settings. The stuff behind her first appeal wasn't particularly complex, but it could be hard to get it to positioned just right to frame the ending pose perfectly. Once she finished with that, she headed over to the balance beams, and started her stretches, legs first.

"Okay!" Yuki dug through her bag and found her music player. It was an incredibly old model, almost antique but thankfully it worked and hooked up to the AV system. She chose her favorite playlist; a compilation of adorable sounding pop songs from some of her favorite idols. When it started playing she started stretching her self starting with her upper body. "This is so exciting! I've never practiced with anyone other than my family!"

Yuri looks at Azusa, since she was the only one still present - "Do you want to take that tech expo job with me? Figured may as well do it to get some money - we'll probably have more time to prepare before the show, anyway."

"Really? I mean, I guess I practiced my special moves alone mostly, but didn't you take dance classes and stuff?" She moved through a set of upper body stretches, though she didn't spend as much time on them as the lower ones. After she finished those, Ayaka started to run through her signature Appeal over and over - focusing on the spin that she'd so badly fumbled previously. She only ran through the first portion of the move a few times. Between repetitions, she'd go back to the projector and fiddle with it some more; she couldn't seem to get the thing to go off at just the right point, and it really didn't do for it to look like flowers were exploding from underneath her skirt.

In response to Yuri's question, the AI heart-stuffed-toy-robot-thing pops out from one of the innumerable holes in the wall.

"Hmmm, yes, the tech expo one, right? I know because I'm amazing and cute and totally in sync with you. And definitely not because I have 30% of my processing power dedicated to interpreting data from the unbelievable numbers of surveillance devices I have hidden on this ship. Nope. That would be silly."

The thing spins around excitedly.

"Anyway, if you're ready to go, I can send you right now. Just head over to the hangar on the bottom floor and I'll get a skipper prepared."

Yuri and Azusa are not given a chance to say no, and are forcibly pushed with the pointy end of the heart toward the hangar, where they are promptly forced to board a cramped miniship that takes them down to the surface spaceport.

Once they arrive, they're unceremoniously ejected from the pod, which flies off, promising to come back in about 10 hours or so. Somehow finding their way to the job location, they're received by a bespectacled man in a business suit, who quickly tells them about their job - they are meant to help out with advertisement for the booth, using all their charms and anything at their disposal to get customers to buy the products on sale (shoddily-made music players with shady manufacturing details). The products are cheap, but also poorly constructed, and just holding one up makes it feel like it's going to fall apart at any moment. The girls' performance is rated based on how many units they sell, with an additional bonus if they're able to secure additional funding from investors.

The morning comes and goes, and the girls try their best to cheat trick coerce persuade woo the numerous passing customers, but have yet to make a single sale. Annoyed, the boss tells you to go on lunch break, with a warning that if you can't make five sales by the end of the day, you're not getting paid. Sitting down outside the expo with a pair of burgers, Yuri and Azusa take a moment to commiserate.

((This is the bit where you can have moar interactionz and discuss events that occurred, or talk about anything really. Building bonds!!! Also I may introduce certain events during these break segments in all job requests, depending on my mood. If you're lucky enough to get one, you might be able to get a rare item, or some other benefit, assuming you respond correctly.))

Ayaka shook her head. "Not really. My mom can sing though! We would always sing along to our favorite songs together and stuff. She never like, gave me lessons or anything though, 'cause she never took any herself." One more repetition of the move and Ayaka realized that the repeated spinning was starting to make her dizzy, so she wobbled her way to one wall to take a break. 

"That sounds nice!" Yuki smiles, and goes towards the VFX tweaking it to her settings. After she was done, she didn't active it just yet, instead starting to do balance exercises before she started. After all the problem she had was losing her balance, all she had to do was train that! She practiced her simple steps rigorously, but also maintaining a smile throughout it. After all, the most important part was looking happy and cute! After doing it a few times she looked at Ayaka. "You know I'm jealous." She got closer to Ayaka and started at her for a bit. Then she ran her fingers through Ayaka's hair. "Yeah I'm really jealous... Your hair color is ultra cute and on top of that it's nice and soft. I wish I had hair like that."  

Ayaka blushed slightly when Yuki abruptly walked up and stared at her. She squeaked a bit when the other girl started to play with her hair. "Y-you really think so? I work really hard to keep it conditioned and stuff, b-but the hair color is natural. I have a special brand that I use and stuff, it's kind of expensive. I was actually wondering if I could get an advertising contract or something with them once I got famous. . ." She wasn't really entirely sure how to react to the attention, so the girl mostly just stayed where she was and continued to just sort of blather on about hair conditioner.

"Oh, don't get me wrong - this stuff is probably decades ahead of what we had where me and Yuki grew up, I just mean compared to the sort of tech we've been seeing since it seems kinda... below average?"

"Hmmmm... And your eyes are super pretty too..." Yuki pet the other girl for a good minute pouting and burning in jealousy inside. "Well, your hard work payed off your hair is soft and you look cute. Almost, almooooost as cute as me!" She returned back to the center to practice going back to her practice steps. "What did you think of your other self? You know in that strange world thing?" She was specifically practicing the twirls of her appeal trying to get that part down. "I loved the way I looked. You know there were some uuuh... Strange benefits. My chest was bigger which is a good thing, but i had cute pink hair! And my dress, everything was so cute and amazing. And it was gone just like that. I kinda wish I always always like that. What about you?"

Ayaka's blush continued to deepen with each stroke of Yuki's hand. As odd and unexpected as the touch was, she had to admit that it was kind of nice. . . Oh, she was being asked a question. "Uh-um, it was really cool." She neglected to mention that she had been scared out of her mind, despite the fact that she'd bawled her eyes out in front of the very person she was speaking to for that exact reason. "I don't think I changed in my, um, chest or anything like that" - which she would have appreciated, being flatter than the average board - "but I really liked the dress I had. The color matched my hair really nicely and, um, it was well-made." Not mentioning her possibly unhealthy obsession with lace and the fact that the dress was covered in it. "I also want to know what else I could do with that magic wand. I sorta just swung it at that weird woman until she went away."

"I found I could shoot lasers and make things with my gloves. I also wonder what else I could do... The lights seemed to heal others too, like you did!" She sat next to Ayaka, taking a break as well. "Maybe we'll get stronger and do cool stuff. I'm a bit excited even if it's scary. But it's like being an idol!" Yuki smiled widely. "You know it's like, being on stage is exciting and it can also be really scary as well. But I'm sure we'll do great. We just need to try our hardest!"