[IC] I Wanna Be the Best Monster-slaying Idol in the Galaxy! (Intro Chapter)

Code: PIRULUK

"Huh, I hadn't really thought of it that way." She nodded. "I agree, though. Stella just said we had to try our best too, right? So we'll be just fine!" She thought for a moment. "At least, as long as I stop falling over onstage. . . That was so embarrassing! And people took pictures and stuff too. How can I be a cool, smooth, and mysterious idol if I fall on my face in front of people?" Ayaka slouched down a bit, pouting.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuki giggled and giggled loudly, and wrapped her arms around Ayaka. "Well you can't be a cool and smooth mysterious idol anymore! So just be a cute one instead." She said playfully hugging the other girl. She was so adorable, how could Yuki just not hug her! "I don't think any of that fits you anyways, you shouldn't waste your cuteness on being cool, just wear cute dresses and let's be adorable together!"

"Aw, really? But I wanted to be cool. . . Everyone always focuses on the mysterious one, you know? And you can be cool and cute at the same time!" Still unsure of how to react, Ayaka elected to return the other girl's hug, albeit not particularly tightly. "I do like the dresses that the super cute idols wear, though! Maybe we should go dress shopping sometime." She drew back, eyeing Yuki up and down. "I remember a couple dresses back home that would have fit you perfectly, I bet we could find something like them somewhere else!"

As Yuri and Azusa are conversing, they are interrupted by a confused-looking woman wearing a sunhat - in the middle of an enclosed expo hall. Furthermore, a pair of large sunglasses rests on her nose, and her attire generally looks more like what someone would wear to the beach than to the expo. She is getting more than a few odd looks, but it seems that the people around are generally leaving her alone - though some do make it a point to snap photos of her while laughing. Holding a brochure and consulting it with a lost expression, she notices where Yuri and Azusa are seated and walks right up to them, speaking in an exceedingly soft voice.

"...So sorry for disturbing, but could you help me out a bit? It's my son's birthday next week, and I know that he wants a music player, but I'm just hopeless at technology. You look like a pair of technologically adept young girls, could you show me where I might be able to pick up a good one? Money is no object, of course. I simply require the best."

Naturally, since Yuri and Azusa have been working the floor for most of the morning, they have a decently good bearing of where the shops that sold better music players than theirs had set up booths - in other words, every other shop selling music players. But keep in mind that your lunch break is ending! If you take the time to show her around, you will likely be unable to find enough time to eat anything else; and how will you perform at your sales job if you don't have energy?

What will you do? Will you show her around? Will you refuse? Will you take advantage of her ignorance to sell her a unit of your shop's player, thus earning your wage? Will you simply point her in that direction? The choice is yours.

Ayaka nodded cheerfully, her expression moving back to a bright one from the rather bemused face she'd had before. "Yep! And you'd better be able to pick something out for me, too!" She spoke with a mock sternness, waggling a finger in Yuki's direction. "Otherwise I'll have to, uh. Do something mean! I don't know what, but maybe Azusa can think of something." 

Yuri glances over at Azusa.  She considers what they could do. They could try selling their stuff to her, but... idols are supposed to be good people, aren't they? Or at least act like it? And she'd feel really bad about it if they ruined some kids birthday - that's hardly an idol-y thing to do, nevermind how doing something so underhanded could come back to bite their careers - and if this lady was rich, she would certainly have the resources. Even if it wouldn't hurt her conscience, from an overall career standpoint, this was the logical thing to do.  She'd hope that they could sell it somebody that needed something short-term and disposable, but this was a birthday gift. "Well, we can certainly try to help!" she says, getting to her feet. "Kumon-san, do you want to come with or do you want to finish your lunch break?"

Once she got an answer, off she (and maybe Azusa) go to help the woman find a music player of sufficient quality - she was sure there was this one high-tech music player that she'd seen on an advertisement or something in one of the fancier stores, that would fit the needs of the mother. Or maybe a smartphone, since that could do music and so much more! "Does it have to just do music? Smartphones can do music and then a lot more besides that with the other apps."

Yuri & Azusa

You end up spending the rest of their lunch break guiding the woman around the expo, pointing out things her son might like - eventually, she purchases a music player from the store right next to the one where the two girls are working, evidently happy with her choice. Unfortunately, your shift manager is a lot less happy with your choice. He fires you on the spot. Seeing this, the woman gasps.

"Oh my, I didn't realise you two were working here. And yet you took the time to show me around, and even explicitly told me to avoid your store!" You feel the shift manager glaring daggers at you. "Well, I am terribly sorry. It seems I've caused you some inconvenience. I don't have the money on me to provide direct compensation, but... perhaps you could take this as a token of gratitude?"

The lady hands Yuri a single blue rectangle of plastic. It shimmers in the light in that way pretty things always shimmer in the light for some reason. She glances at Azusa and frowns.

"Unfortunately, I only have one of these... Well, we'll take it as me owing you a favor for now. And I always honor my favors."

With that, the lady winks and saunters off.

You feel like doing the right thing and helping the lady has helped you hone your inner beauty... You feel a bit more Beautiful. ((No stat increase yet))

The two of you walk back to the port and spend the rest of the afternoon complaining about how much of an ass the Shift Manager is.

You feel slightly closer to each other...

You seem to hear a disembodied voice echo through the air...

I am thou, thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.

It shall become the chords of harmony that dispel the darkness.

With the birth of the Chariot Arcana, you have obtained the songs of exultation that shall lead to revolution and new power...

Yuri and Azusa have gained Social Link Rank 1! get +10 bond!

When you eventually get back to the ship, an excited QB pops out from one of the holes in the wall.

"Ooooh! I can feel it on you! Dress Data! Gimme, gimme!"

It pesters you until you give it the blue card, which it holds by some weird electromagnetic field thing in place of hands. It's weird, don't question it.

"It'll take me a while to synthesise the dress, so just go do something else first!"

With that, it abruptly pops back into the hole from whence it emerged. What do you do?

((Grats on getting Dress Data~ QB will synthesise it into a nice dress for you, but he'll take one action's worth of time to get it done. So just do your other action first.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuki & Ayaka

After several hours of hard practice, both of you feel a bit more confident about your appeals.

Yuki and Ayaka's Appeals are Practiced for the next live!

Interacting with each other and learning about each other and calling each other cute has allowed the two of you to grow slightly closer.

You feel slightly closer to each other...

You seem to hear a disembodied voice echo through the air...

I am thou, thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.

It shall become the chords of harmony that dispel the darkness.

With the birth of the Lovers Arcana, you have obtained the songs of exultation that shall lead to revolution and new power...

Yuki and Ayaka have gained Social Link Rank 1! get +10 bond!

What will you do next?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucinda

Lucinda takes self-defence classes from a shady instructor. You feel your body to be in slightly better shape!

Lucinda feels a bit better at Dancing. ((No stat increase))

((You still have one action for the week. The menu is the same as the previous time, but without the tech expo job this time, since the Shift Manager has retracted his job offer.))

Ayaka, after a relaxing bath and a good night's sleep, seemed to be the first one awake. She wasn't entirely certain of how to spend the rest of her time - more practice wouldn't be good, she still felt a bit sore - so she wandered about aimlessly in what space there was to do so, in an outfit that only she would describe as casual, what with a lacy skirt and just enough frills on the rest of it to be considered "too many." Eventually, she plopped herself down in a chair in front of a computer, and decided to look up the system they were traveling to.

You boot up one of the net terminals and run a quick search for "Alpha Sector", but you get 20,000,000,000,000,000 results; you're not going to get anywhere at this rate. How do you want to narrow your search?

> Search for past idol rankings in the system

> Search up the history of the system

> Search up recent fashion trends

> Watch GalaxyTube videos about cute cats

> Egosurf (Search your own name)

Yuki is slow to wake up, having her hair in an absolute mess, and half closed eyes when she gets up from bed. She spends 20 minutes rubbing her eyes, 5 minutes contemplating going back to sleep, and 5 minutes of yawning. The next hour she spends actually getting ready, putting on make up, doing her hair, and becoming the cute Yuki everyone loves. She leaves her room to the living room. Yesterday a job had caught her eye but she was more focused on practicing. Now it sounded like a good idea! 

"Hey QB?" Yuki calls out. "I want to take the sweets shop job please!"

The totally-not-evil-or-suspicious little heart-robot-AI-thing pops out of a nearby hole.

"Oh! Excellent! Let's get you down there immediately!"

Yuki is shepherded down to the surface on a shuttle, whereupon you are met by a kindly-looking woman wearing an apron, who introduces herself as Mai, the shop owner. She brings you to a quiet neighborhood and briefly explains that the shop is her attempt at getting back on her feet after she lost her previous job as a lawyer. She'd run into various hiccups along the way, but after a year of planning, she was finally ready to open the doors. Unfortunately, she lacked the money to hire a more popular idol to open the shop, and having an idol perform to commemorate the opening of your shop was considered good luck. So she decided to put out an ad for any aspiring idols to give it a shot.

She shows you to your stage - which is really just a raised platform made of wood, outside her stall. She leaves you to pick your song and dance.

You perform in the streets, catching the attention of a couple passers-by, with a small crowd forming to watch - not a lot of people, since it's a quiet part of town, and you're not a famous idol, but enough that you can feel the pressure.

Your performance finishes off without a hitch, and the audience disperses, some walking off to get on with their lives, others taking a moment to stop inside the shop and browse. Once the crowd thins out (which doesn't take very long), Mai comes out and thanks you with a great smile.

"It was a lovely performance. Here, take this."

She hands you a small wad of cash.

30,000 yen received.

She also hands you a small pink circle of metal with a candy motif on it.

"This is a little extra for your hard work. I'm not actually sure what it's used for, but the people in black trenchcoats who sold it to me said it was super-important for an idol. I didn't want it, but it was a purchase-with-purchase that came with that magic stone said to ward off all illnesses. Well, I don't have much use for it myself, but maybe you'll find it useful."

Motif Chip [Sweets] received.

You feel like performing in front of a crowd has helped you become a little more confident!

Yuki's Facade stat improves. (No stat up yet)

As the day draws to a close, you find your way back to the spaceport, where QB picks you up in a shuttle and brings you home to the ship.

The two may not have been paid, but she feels like she and Azusa might have gotten something more valuable than the money could have bought them. Or at least of equal value. But that was enough personal bits - now, a rehearsal! Yuri went to practice the one Appeal she felt confident in performing. She didn't want to have a repeat of last time, especially if... that, sort of thing happened again.

Ayaka briefly considered looking up herself, just to see how disastrous the results of that first live were, but she didn't have all the time in the world. An article on her homepage nearly dragged her into a vortex of irresistibly cute animals, but she steeled herself and tore her focus away and back to her real objective. Deciding that finding out what kinds of idols the system liked was the fastest way to become one of said liked idols, she searched idol rankings in the system.

Lucinda decides that while not being dead weight again is important, not getting fired for another poor performance is also important.  She decides to spend her next period practicing the songs for the next performance, and also keeping her guitar skills up.  She tentatively extends an offer to Azusa and Yuri when she runs into them in the practice round.  Things might go more smoothly if they coordinate beforehand rather than improvising like- like jazz performers.

Yuri frowns a bit. "Well, I care... anyway, we're pretty much practicing the Appeals. You know, the things that idols do to get the audience into the performance more. Well, last time you saw what happens when we don't have time to practice it." Yuri explains, as they go into the practice room. "Any genre you want to practice to, by the way? Anyway, you have an Appeal too, don't you? They asked us to do them in the auditions, and you passed, so you must..."

"I mean, you pull off that kind of look really well, I think. It's a whole thing with aesthetic in the idol world - my sister goes for a 'cute' style usually, pink and fluffy and all that, and I go for a 'cool' sort of style, subdued colors and a calm and collected type attitude. You really fit the 'sexy'-type idol, though. I'm not a professional, so take that with a grain of salt. Your agent sounds like he was terrible at his job though - he should have been able to tell right off the bat, not after you learned the Appeal. Still, no reason not to practice it - for now, it's the only Appeal you got. So, again, any genre of music you want to practice to?"

~Yuri, Azusa and Lucinda~

The three girls practice together, polishing up their Appeals. Each of you feel slightly more confident about your Appeals for the next Live!

Yuri and Azusa feel slightly (just slightly) closer, but Lucinda, having not spoken with them, feels no different. Yuri and Azusa gain +5 bond!

~Ayaka~

Glancing through the past idol rankings, you see that the number one bestselling idol of all time is, of course, Kiseki, but looking at the rest of the top 100, you see a startlingly high number of Cool-type idols. looking at the various lists for the more recent top 10s, you note that the most popular active idol happens to be the image girl for the Rhythm Next brand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live #1 Prep Phase 2

QB speaks to all of you at the start of the next week. For reference and continuity, assume you spent the remainder of the last week having vocal and dance lessons or something. It was all a blur. You don't remember much about it. Anyway, the heart AI thing speaks up.

"Well then, your Live is at the end of the week! We have this week to rehearse and get ready, so let's keep our spirits up! By the by, the song which I - and therefore the agency - have selected for you is this one!"

A video pops up, projected into the air in front of the thing.

"Well then, a couple of things you need to take care of before this next live. First off, you'll need to decide which of you is going to be the center for this song. Actually, that should be the second thing you need to do. The first is coming up with a unit name."

A list pops up in front of QB.

"Well, since the performance is in a week, we're not going to let you do any non-Live-related jobs for this week - you need to focus on practicing. However, I do have a list of suggestions for some promotional things we can do, if you're interested."

Handshake Event - Hold a handshake event to meet with your fans. Requires all members. Success of event depends on popularity.

Radio Show - Appear as guests on a radio show to promote your Live. Requires 2 idols.

Street Promotion - Spend a day on the busiest street planetside and hand out fliers to promote your performance. No minimum requirement.

QB continues speaking.

"Most of you are still using your original, no-brand, bland dresses, so if you want, we can schedule a day off to go to the tailor's. We only have the time to do one trip though, so try to coordinate and find a good time."

QB then turns to Yuri.

"Also, I finished the synthesis of the Dress Data. Here you go~"

A hole opens in the ceiling and drops a white dress on Yuri's head.

Yuri receives White Future Coord (Bound: Yuri)

Item: White Future Coord

Class: Dress

Type: Cool

Brand: Rhythm Next

Rarity: R+ (Bound - Yuri)

Effects:

+10 Impact

+1 Facade

A Vest + Skirt number that bears a design reminiscent of a microchip - green, rigid lines set against a white base. A square ruby set into the vest serves as the processor that completes the design.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have 2 Actions for this phase.

Action List:

> Roll the Gacha (Free Action)

Miracle Draw Changed!

3x chance to draw items affiliated with Miracle Draw!

> Publicity

Handshake Event - Hold a handshake event to meet with your fans. Requires all members. Success of event depends on popularity.

Radio Show - Appear as guests on a radio show to promote your Live. Requires 2 idols.

Street Promotion - Spend a day on the busiest street planetside and hand out fliers to promote your performance. No minimum requirement.

> Shopping - This requires a unanimous decision. There will only be one shopping trip, so everyone needs to indicate whether they're going or not. Whoever decides to go will go, but whoever doesn't go with them will not be able to go for the rest of this phase.

> Rehearse - Rehearse for your next Live. This will give you a score boost.

> Lessons - Solo practice that will raise stats.

> Net Research

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

"Uh, I think we should go on the shopping trip," Lucinda says, "I mean, I like my clothes, but I don't think they're right for this song, yanno?  Also, we should probably do the radio show to get word out about us?  ...I don't think we're popular enough to draw a crowd with a handshake event.  Yet.  For the performance itself, uh, that kind of music is more my style than the last one, but I'd be happy playing backup."

"If you didn't wanna be center, I think Yuri should do it! This is kinda your style, right?" A small moment of realization dawns on her face. "Oh! And speaking of style, I think we should all go on the shopping trip? I was looking some stuff up earlier, and I found out that one of the super-popular idols here is the girl who sells Rhythm Next dresses. I bet if we got a bunch of those, they'd love us!. . . Even if they're not really my style. . ." 

Yuri was sorta zoning out for a moment, tapping her feet to the song's rhythm, humming the beat... she blinked when Ayaka asked if she should go Center. "Huh? Oh, me going Center? I guess I could do it. I think Lucina and Azusa would be good for Appeals too, since they have ones that fit the song. Is that alright with you two? As for publicity, we *should* have two of us on that... maybe the three of us that are going to do Appeals practice and the other two go to that? But then again, since it's not really a show that fits your types then it might bring in audience members with different expectations..." Yuri shakes her head as she gets out of the "planning" mode. "Uh... yeah, shopping! It looks like I got lucky, that dress I got is a Rhythm Next dress, I think - but audiences love coordinated outfits, so everyone having one would definitely help. Uh... should I go, or stay and practice since I've got one already?"

Yuri then takes a glance at the "Miracle Draw" - oh, that was convenient. "...Oh, lucky, the thing just switched to a Rhythm Next preference. If anyone else has their free draws left maybe they should take it?"

Using the free draw on the Miracle Draw

Edited by Twinwolf