Zell's Mono-Psychic Run of Reborn! (Completed)

Zellorea

1 minute ago, Zellorea said:

Thanks and nice! Also there are no psychic types at that point that could have sturdy, pretty sure there isn't even a psychic type with sturdy at all. So that was off the table for me. I'll be looking forward to your Mono-Ground run! I'm planning on doing a second one after psychic, and it'll be quite shocking (Hint hint, wink wink)

Haha. Omg. I totally forgot about that! xD I just got caught up in the Garchomp battle and forgot you're only using Psychic types. Haha. My bad. But thank you very much. And hmm. I wonder at what type you could be doing next. :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Awesome_One said:

Haha. Omg. I totally forgot about that! xD I just got caught up in the Garchomp battle and forgot you're only using Psychic types. Haha. My bad. But thank you very much. And hmm. I wonder at what type you could be doing next. :P

XD. And yeah... I wonder what kind of electrifying type I could be doing next...

Chapter: 8

delphox.gif     beheeyem.gif   grumpig.gif   meowstic.gif   musharna.gif     hypno.gif

Myst                Atiel           Pearl              Putty              Shimmer                Zeeze

With our new found Strength (In the form of a Tmx) we go to help our friends! We enter the Yureyu building with Cain, and he says one of the best lines in the game

Spoiler

a4A4A7O.jpg

That line killed me the first time I saw it.

After a bit of floor progression we fight Sigmund Connal

VS SIGMUND CONNAL

Spoiler

Nothing interesting.

We get to the Railnet, but before we continue with the story, we do some team things. Using the ditto from earlier I bred a fairly decent ralts, a named her Burste. I have also Ev trained her and will be leveling her later. So... I had some free time, not enough to make any progress... So I decided to mess with game textures and... Did this.

frhaL9S.jpg

7DmfM0t.jpg

Gets changed back to normal later, obviously. I just wanted to see how it would turn out if I changed my characters sprite to someone else. We get out of railnet after some time, Heather flies away, Anna is sick, and we catch a solrock! (Oh, I'm sorry Anna, NOSTRA is sick) The pokemart with the medicine teleports away (Just our luck) and we barge into the ice gym leaders health. Talks about Luna, says how her real parents won't just walk up to the door... (El aka her father walks up to the door) After some gym progression we fight Bennett.

VS BENNETT 

Spoiler

Pearl one shots the larvesta, Jess Vivillon kills pearl and Myst comes in. one shotting  Jess Vivillon. Masuqerain comes in and lives on 1 HP from a flamethrower. It Hydro Pumps, but we live with a nice amount of health. He heals, but we still kill Masquerain with another flamethrower. Dustox comes in, gets one shot. Butterfree comes in, gets one shot. Venomoth comes in, gets one shot.

That battle went smoothly.

VS SERRA

Spoiler

Myst swept her entire team. No joke, it was 6-0. Nothing on her team could stop Myst and his flamethrower. The froslass did avoid the flamethrower at first... But her own field reflected the flamethrower, which killed Froslass. Which I find amazing, her field turning on her like that.

VS SIRIUS

Spoiler

I lead with burste, she goes down in two attacks. I switch to pearl and attack with power gem twice, ultra potion used. He switches out into hitmontop, and kills Pearl. I switch to Myst and stupidly don't spam psychic, I spam flamethrower twice until I realize my mistake. Psychic kills it when I notice this. Seviper comes out, gets one shot. I switch to Atiel when Manectric comes out, Psychic, bring it into yellow health. And I kill Manectric next turn, but now I'm in red health. Chandelure comes in, I switch to Myst and kill it. Honchkrow comes out and I change to Zeeze, use his turn to revive Pearl, and then he dies. Pearl almost kills Honchkrow with Power gem, but brave bird takes them both out. Then the last mons go down to a couple normal hits.

Saphira scares the crap out of Sirius and we go to meteors "Base" We get teleported into a cavern, alongside Saphira, by a PULSE Abra.

A god steelix rises from the caverns and fights us.

VS GOD STEELIX

Spoiler

Zenite high jump kicks, doing about a third. Steelix earthquakes, almost killing Zenite. Another high jump kick puts steelix into yellow health. (Sitrus consumed) Zenite dies to an Earthquake. Steelix was in green. AND MYST KILLED A LEVEL 75 STEELIX WITH A FLAMETRHOWER THAT WASN'T EVEN A CRIT!

Afterwords, Saphira begins riding the God Steelix (LIKE A BAWSS) And we ride to freedom! (BTW, I love the fact how this abra just randomly teleports things whenever he feels like it. 

VS PULSE ABRA

Spoiler

It dark pulses, one shotting Myst... Oh dear. It hyper beams, killing Zenite. Burste comes in, deals like no damage, I then revive
Myst, and Burste survives a Dark pulse, barely. Abra hyper beams, killing Burste, killing her. Myst comes in, does some mighty damage with Flamethrower, dies to dark pulse. Dark pulse kills both Atiel and Shimmer. Burste comes in (Was revived, so was Myst)
and gets hyper beamed, dying. Myst comes in and Flamethrowers, kiling Abra. (BTW, Burste was replacing I believe Zeeze, but Burste was only like level 37 compared to everyone else whom I believe was in their 50's... So yeah. 

To save everyones hide, Zel and Sirius try to make it seem like I'm a new recruit, so Lin doesn't kill all three of his.... She sees through his lie but doesn't care, as she has to deal with God Steelix. After getting back to the house we fight Noel (Finally!) Before that though, I should mention that both Zeeze and I believe Putty have been replaced. They were replaced by a Medicham (Zenite) and Burste (Gardevoir)

VS NOEL 

Spoiler

VS Noel
I lead with Zenite, and almost one shot the Wigglytuff with High Jump kick. He ultra potions, I paralyze heal. Another High Jump Kick kills Wigglytuff. Pearl comes in. Swellow U-Turns pearl, leaving him at about quarter health, Pearl power gems a Cinccino. It kills pearl with Bullet Seed. Cinccino gets 5 tail slaps on Zenite, killing him. Myst ALMOST kills Cin with a Flamethrower, it rock blasts, another flamethrower kills Cinccino. (Grass isn't catching fire, idk why. Anyplace where it should catch fire, it just isn't) Swellow comes in, I send in Atiel. He uturns into Porygon-Z, who kills atiel. Zenite comes in and Kills porygon z with a high-jump kick. Swellow comes in on Burste, uses Steel wing, does exactly 50%. Psychic almost kills Swellow. Ultra potion used on Swellow, dies to Psychic. Girafarig comes in, and it becomes a battle of rapid sweet kiss and Psychic from Girafarig,  Burste wins in the end. Zenite comes in on Clefable, uses high jump kick, does  about a third. Myst comes in, flamethrowers, dies. And Burste wins with a Psychic.

And so ends Chapter 8!

Our team ending chapter 8:

delphox.gif     beheeyem.gif   grumpig.gif   gardevoir.gif   musharna.gif     medicham.gif

Myst                Atiel           Pearl              Burste                   Shimmer              Zenite

5 hours ago, Zellorea said:

Pearl one shots the larvesta, Jess Vivillon kills pearl and Myst comes in.

I just saw this and laughed my ass off! xDDD 

Pure class, Zell! <3 :D 

Edit: I didn't appreciate you oneshotting me... But then I remembered... It was Bennett!

Edited by Jess

1 hour ago, Jess said:

I just saw this and laughed my ass off! xDDD 

Pure class, Zell! <3 :D 

Edit: I didn't appreciate you oneshotting me... But then I remembered... It was Bennett!

YOU KILLED PEARL! WHAAIIII!

Just now, Jess said:

I had to! Or Charlotte wouldn't give me her goddamn badge!xD

Wait a second... Does that mean that Charlotte stole my pokemon... AND DOES THAT MEAN I KILLED A FUTURE MYST WITH CURRENT MYST!?!?!? I'm so confused.

Just now, Zellorea said:

Wait a second... Does that mean that Charlotte stole my pokemon... AND DOES THAT MEAN I KILLED A FUTURE MYST WITH CURRENT MYST!?!?!? I'm so confused.

:o 

Nah, we just knocked out the imposter Mysts... Yours is the genuine one!

3 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

Yay! The true Myst survives!.. I'm disappointed that Myst can't learn Mist... 

Not as disappointed as me that my flying bugs can't learn fucking Fly... I had to get a Rufflet or I'd get stuck in the confounded Agate Circus.

Edit: Well, apart from Volcarona, But I'm not replacing Hurricane with Fly, for God's sake.

Edited by Jess

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Not as disappointed as me that my flying bugs can't learn fucking Fly... I had to get a Rufflet or I'd get stuck in the confounded Agate Circus.

None of my Psychic types could learn surf. I had to walk from the Celestine cascade back to the circus, and get a Piplup (I named him Pippers) just to teach him surf XD. This wasn't the first time I forgot a pokemon that could learn surf...

This was annoying.

Edited by Zellorea

1 minute ago, Zellorea said:

None of my Psychic types could learn surf. I had to walk from the Celestine cascade back to the circus, and get a Piplup (I named him Pippers) just to teach him surf XD. This wasn't the first time I forgot a pokemon that could learn surf...

This was annoying.

I Can't learn Surf/Dive/Waterfall either... My starter, Respect the Squirtle is helping with that! Also Strength and Rock Smash are issues, not as big, but still issues. At least I'm ok with cut... lol

But please... A Vivillon can't Fly? Are they blind in Game Freak? It's a damn butterfly!

Just now, Jess said:

I Can't learn Surf/Dive/Waterfall either... My starter, Respect the Squirtle is helping with that! Also Strength and Rock Smash are issues, not as big, but still issues. At least I'm ok with cut... lol

But please... A Vivillon can't Fly? Are they blind in Game Freak? It's a damn butterfly!

That's not as bad as Scyther not learning fly. Or ghastly, A ghost poison pokemon that is the "Gas pokemon" Not being able to learn poison gas... Sometimes moves don't make sense.

Just now, Zellorea said:

That's not as bad as Scyther not learning fly. Or ghastly, A ghost poison pokemon that is the "Gas pokemon" Not being able to learn poison gas... Sometimes moves don't make sense.

No Bugs can learn Fly... Only Volcarona and (for God's sake) Genesect... Nuff said about logic.

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

No Bugs can learn Fly... Only Volcarona and (for God's sake) Genesect... Nuff said about logic.

Well... I can allow Genesect. As in a movie, they could be seen... Turning into pretty much hoverboards and flying.... I am not joking:

Spoiler

genesect__extremespeed_forme__by_icaro382-d61shlv.png

Edited by Zellorea

After two playthroughs of dragging Buizel along as a Water HM-slave I decided screw it and have since then been using Waynolt's HM-Mod.

Granted, it's a bit weird to have the game announce that "Onix used Cut" or "Claydol used Fly", but it's betten than fiddling around with HMs constantly. Especially if HMs would screw you out of one of your team members during an important battle.

19 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

After two playthroughs of dragging Buizel along as a Water HM-slave I decided screw it and have since then been using Waynolt's HM-Mod.

Granted, it's a bit weird to have the game announce that "Onix used Cut" or "Claydol used Fly", but it's betten than fiddling around with HMs constantly. Especially if HMs would screw you out of one of your team members during an important battle.

(Begins picturing an Onix taking out an axe and chopping down a tree)

Chapter 9:

delphox.gif     beheeyem.gif   grumpig.gif   gardevoir.gif   musharna.gif     medicham.gif

Myst                Atiel           Pearl              Burste                   Shimmer              Zenite

Welcome, to Chapter 9! Lets begin...

SAPHIRA IS ALIVE! We receive the Ruby ring and Amethyst pendant from her. And now, after 41 hours of playtime, WE REACH ROUTE 1!

Fern is an Asshole

VS FERN 

Spoiler

Gets duo-swept by Myst and Zenite

We find our way to a giant Castle, coincidentally where the next gym is! (It's always nice how random chance events occurring that we have almost no way of altering, always seem to lead us to the next gym/way to progress.) 

VS CAIN

Spoiler

Muk gets one shot by Atiel, Atiel dies to Nidoking who came in. Nidoking dies to a Critical Psychic from Myst. Samurott comes in, also dies to a crit psychic from Myst. I switch to Burste upon Absol coming in. Absol dies in a critical Draining kiss (WHAT IS WITH THESE CRITS) Galvantula dies in one hit to a flametrower (Myst come in) Gengar dies in one psychic.

Ok, can I go on a bit of a rant here? Yes? Thanks. So it annoys me how the other people (Cain, Fern, Victoria) can get away with beating gyms they are weak to with so minimal coverage. Example A: Fern beating Aya's gym just because he had a Krokorok (It might've been a Krookodile, but still) When I'm even fairly sure that her field weakened ground attacks! And now there's Cain, with Galvantula and an Absol. Absol without being a mega, is fairly weak, he's not Under powered, he can still be strong, just not powerful compared to other dark types. And Radamous has a Gallade, AND a Gardevoir! To deal with the Galvantula Radamous has a Metagross... And not only that! Reuniclus has trick room, which makes all that speed that Absol and Galvantula have USELESS! And it's not like any of his poison mons can deal with the psychic types, maybe Gengar. And samurrott, while not weak, can't deal with them that much better! I guarantee, that if someone were to make an exact copy of Cains current team (Including levels, movesets, and 0 Evs) they would never beat Radamous... Ok, Rant over. Back to the story.

Gossip Gardevoir gets "Kidnapped" and we must "Save" her. So Cain, a not very willing Radomous, and I go to the Hidden Sanctuary. Where we must play an elaborate way of someone saying "Liar liar, pants on fire"

VS DITTOCEUS

Spoiler

I just burned through 30-40 cotton candies until he struggled to death, as nothing of mine could survive anything of his, not even focus blasts, as the Candy only revived them to 50%

VS Radomous

Spoiler

I had recorded this, and I... Well I'ma be honest, am a bit to lazy to analyze every bit of the 9 minutes recording AND type it at the same time. This was uploaded to an account I don't use, I just made a banner, icon, and just am gonna use it whenever I need to do some random stuff like this. So here's a video.

Once we get back, Adrienn begins going through a crisis/panic attack.

Before we save Luna via Seventh street, the team gets critical changes.

Is now...

delphox.gif     malamar.gif   exeggutor.gif   gardevoir.gif   alakazam.gif     medicham.gif

We now have Malamar (Squelcher), Exeggutor (Elola) and Alakazam (Wisdor) who are all Ev trained in: Attack - Speed. Special Attack - Special Defense. and Special Attack - Speed respectively. The other pokemon on my team are also all ev trained. Myst gets Special attack and Speed, Burste was already ev trained, and Zenite has Speed and Attack.

Now, the Benett and Luna stuff, Bennett leads us into a trap. We escape, he threatens to kill Cain, we know the ending. We tread through Iolia valley and eventually find Luna (I never take this long, but somehow I actually took a full hour with this puzzle, I think it was glitched as something that was supposed to be happening wasn't happening, but re-opening the game fixed it, that is if it was glitched) Bennett tries to 

confess his love to Luna, she flees, he tries to take our crystal key(s)

VS BENNETT

Spoiler

We sweep him with Myst using Flamethrower.

VS LUNA

Spoiler

Lead with Burste, uses moonblast, putting  Bisharp "Carpenter, into low health. Burste gets thunder waved. Switch to Squelcher, paralyze heal burste. Bisharp iron heads, Squelcher superpowers, killing Bisharp and increasing  Squelchers attack and defense thanks to contrary. Tyranitar (Bandersnatch) comes in and I superpower, killing Tyranitar. Honchkrow comes in (Jubjub bird) Dies to superpower. Malamar (Humpty Dumpty) Comes in, and sadly, Squelcher was overlevelled so she diosbeys me, but thanks to all the defense bonuses she lives. But she disobeys again, and dies. Burste comes in, moonblasts, killing Malamar. Sableye comes in (March Hare) Burns Burste with Will-O-Wisp. But dies to a moonblast. Umbreon (Cheshire) comes in, gets moonblasted, lives with half health. We win in a  couple of moonblasts (All her remaining hyper potions were used on umbreon) That took one try and was almost a sweep. So that was very easy. 

Out of the three gyms I was weak to in this adventure, this was by far the easiest.

Anyway, that's the end of this! In the next Chapter, we get trapped in the worse part of the game... Agate Circus.

9 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

That was fun to read, you did Great with Luna

Thanks! I was never really worried for Luna, I was more worried for Shade and Shelly, so my fears were placed correctly XD.

Edited by Zellorea