Zell's Mono-Psychic Run of Reborn! (Completed)

Zellorea

25 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

Thanks! I was never really worried for Luna, I was more worried for Shade and Shelly, so my fears were placed correctly XD.

shade and shelly were kinda early and you didn't have the best team back then i think

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

shade and shelly were kinda early and you didn't have the best team back then i think

Yeah, I feel that's pretty much the only reason I struggled with them (Then again Shelly is difficult no matter what)

1 hour ago, Zellorea said:

Yeah, I feel that's pretty much the only reason I struggled with them (Then again Shelly is difficult no matter what)

shelly is always difficult, and in Ep 17 sh'll get new toys mons ans be even harder

Just now, Another Retired Shipper said:

shelly is always difficult, and in Ep 17 sh'll get new toys mons ans be even harder

Shelly with Golisopod/Vikavolt... I'm already shivering.

Just now, Zellorea said:

The nightmares are already starting...

better start breeding/Ev training vulpix with drought and heat wave, and get me some Dome fossil

Chapter 10:

Beginning team:

delphox.gif     malamar.gif   exeggutor.gif   gardevoir.gif   alakazam.gif     medicham.gif

Myst                   Squelcher                 Elola                 Burste           Wisdor           Zenite

Now, with 9 gym badges under our belt, we try to enter Agate City, buuuuuuuut the guards that are supposed to let us through are asleep. So Cain destroys the door/gate thingy and we enter. We find Aya and Hardy asleep in agate... Then we meet the one who defy's physics, the one who's IQ is in the negatives... T3RR4! And she leads us into the circus... Quick question, why couldn't we just go back to the checkpoint and into route one? From the way I can see it we were about equal distance away. So it makes no sense why we went into the Circus, except that T3RR4 led us here. And before you say "Because she launched Aya and Hardy this way... Well why didn't she launch them the way to route 1? Or we could've carried them into route 1... Either way it makes no sense why we were forced into the circus. Rant over, we progress.

After awhile of trecking through the awful route two (Hey that rhymed) We find Amaria and Titania's (Tania) house! Who have Hardy as a guest waiting for him to wake up... Sweet. Anyway, we find out that at least Saphira is in Calcenon Which is basically at war with Labradorra city (Meteor controls it) To get there, we need surf. But luckily they have it... But we need Samsons gym badge to use it. We go fight Samson.

VS SAMSON 

Spoiler

Lead with burste, use calm mind, get an OVER 9000 Heavy slam from hariyama... Needless to say we faint and need to switch. So we go into Sin... Who gets a Knock off to the face, lives with 70 HP. Uses psychic, gets a crit and kills hariyama. Mienshao comes in, I switch to Wisdor and Psychic, one shotting him. Hawlucha comes in, gets one shotted. Lucario comes in, I switch to Myst and one shot it with a Flamethrower... Is what I would say if he didn't have a focus sash... He swords dances. Buuuuut he uses a hyper potion and dies to a flamethrower. Blaziken comes in, I switch to Wisdor, one shot him with Psychic. Conkeldurr comes in, gets a Psychic his way. Lives in red health. Uses knock off which one shots Wisdor (Conkeldurr was 5 levels higher than Wisdor) I switch to Myst and, despite him using a hyper potion, kill him with a Psychic.

That was fairly easy. It felt good to destroy Samson, as I struggled with him in my main playthrough, it also didn't help that he had RNG on his side with getting OVER 9000 like every 2 turns.

We go to get Surf, and we are forced to interact with what is probably Tania's diary... Ok, in my main save, I didn't read it, got accused of reading it, and Amaria tried to kill herself because I said yes to something I had no idea of what I was saying yes to... So I actually read it this time and found out what the big deal was... I won't spoil it.

u7P8iML.png

Absol this is not the time! I actually realized something, this Absol, he only appears when something bad is about to happen. Like his pokedex entry. Example: Corey jumping off the bridge and right now, when Amaria's about to jump down the waterfall.

0Kan82w.png

What do you mean no one can learn Surf?!!??! Sigh... I go back to the circus, get a level 15 piplup from my pc (I named him pippers) and we surf to continue... Goddammit.

We progress through the game, route three, ect. I won't even mention the Aster + Eclipse fight, as we decimated them. Eclipse has her soul taken by chandelure... Ok, so here's something about me: If a game can make me like an "Enemy" or feel bad for them, I don't want them to die and I want things to work out for them... This Aster and Eclipse situation is another. Taka and ZEL are also included. Solaris, Sirius, Blake, and Fern. You can kindly leave me alone in the end. 

We need to fight Charlotte.... And since I'm not an idiot, I replaced Elola with Soul (Solrock) and little did I know, Soul would be on my team for pretty much the rest of the game... I also tought Burste rain dance. 

VS CHARLOTTE

Spoiler

I'll some up this battle with these moves:

Burste rain dances

Soul Stone edges

Wisdor Psychics

Myst Psychics.

That is the whole battle.

I'ma be honest, in my opinion (Excluding Shelly) Charlotte is the most difficult gym leader. In my main playthrough she was hell for me, I only beat her by making half of my team Rock types, and setting up rain dance with an Empoleon. My other two pokemon were Noivern and I believe Machamp. It also doesn't help that my two most valuable and most devastating team members... Were weak to fire. With my Contrary Serperior (Slytherin) and my Escavalier (Tracer) being those two members. So it felt amazing to beat her first try.

So in conclusion, in this part we beat two gym leaders on the first try, on which my main file took me more than 6 tries each... Feels good to own my past self... Despite this being like 5 months ago, lets ignore that.

Ending team:

delphox.gif     malamar.gif   solrock.gif   gardevoir.gif   alakazam.gif     reuniclus.gif

Myst                        Squelcher                   Soul               Burste               Wisdor                            Sin

Note: Sorry for any confusions, this was a last minute thing I noticed... I never told you guys about Sin. So Sin is a Shiny Reuniclus (However you spell that) I got a shiny Solosis on my main file and I was so happy with that. First try, wasn't intending. And I want him to live on in my psychic mono type. So when I was able to get Solosis, I traded Sin o my friend and they traded it over to this Monotype. Sorry for any confusion whenever I said "Sin". I was having trouble as well, at first I thought Zenite was still on the team, and the idiot me didn't realize that I could just look at the image I posted like 5 minutes ago to see what my team was. Again, sorry for any confusion this may have caused. (Also since the white form of this shiny is not official in pokemon, I had to use the official shiny texture for the icon thingy, sorry again.

EDIT: One last thing, I swear. I apologize for the delay in this going out, I was busy yesterday and didn't have time to bring this out when I normally would. Next chapter should go out around Thursday or Friday (So you know in advance)

Edited by Zellorea

4 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

How did you manage to outspeed Charlotte's Typhlosion and Darmanitan??? 

I'm currently at Charlotte and I can't seem to outspeed any of her mons

I don't believe I did, I just managed to survive the attacks to one shot them. Although I believe I outsped Darmanitan at least with a max speed EVS Alakazam.

3 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Wanted to see how you dealt with Aster and Eclispe :[

Sorry :(. It's just tedious for me to have to write down the exact details even when the battle is a sweep from one or two mons. Like "Myst used flamethrower, enemy died. Myst used flamethrower, enemy died" ect ect. It's tedious for me and I don't personally enjoy reading that. Again, sorry. I would say this is the last time... Buuuuut, you'll see in chapter 13.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:31 PM, Zellorea said:

Note: Sorry for any confusions, this was a last minute thing I noticed... I never told you guys about Sin. So Sin is a Shiny Reuniclus (However you spell that) I got a shiny Solosis on my main file and I was so happy with that. First try, wasn't intending. And I want him to live on in my psychic mono type. So when I was able to get Solosis, I traded Sin o my friend and they traded it over to this Monotype.

First things first, good job Zell! For all your work so far, especially destroying Bennett/Luna in a row and first-try winning vs Charlotte!

I've done same with my Poison monorun. I had found so many shiny poison types waiting boxed in my previous 3 runs, so I used my laptop and main PC and (it involved lots of running from one to the other) traded them all to my Poison mono file, right after the first 2 battles, which I won with a Bulbasaur. I'll do the walkthrough of that too, so you'll see how it went!

Keep going Zell, I'm rooting for you :D 

3 hours ago, Jess said:

First things first, good job Zell! For all your work so far, especially destroying Bennett/Luna in a row and first-try winning vs Charlotte!

I've done same with my Poison monorun. I had found so many shiny poison types waiting boxed in my previous 3 runs, so I used my laptop and main PC and (it involved lots of running from one to the other) traded them all to my Poison mono file, right after the first 2 battles, which I won with a Bulbasaur. I'll do the walkthrough of that too, so you'll see how it went!

Keep going Zell, I'm rooting for you :D 

Thanks! And yeah, there are so many shinies you get, although I'm surprised I've only found three shiny psychic types (2 shiny woobats on this file, and Sin who was traded to this file)

Chapter 11:
*Saturday afternoon* I feel like I'm forgetting something... OH RIGHT I FORGOT TO UPDATE THE PSYCHIC MONOTYPE!!

delphox.gif     malamar.gif   solrock.gif   gardevoir.gif   alakazam.gif     reuniclus.gif

Myst                        Squelcher                   Soul               Burste               Wisdor                            Sin

WE GET RIGHT INTO THE ACTION AND FIGHT PULSE AVALUGG! 

Spoiler

We lead with Squelcher, we use super power. He freeze dry's. We superpower again, die to Freeze dry. Myst comes out, uses psyshock a few times (Because fire blast did about equal damage, due to the cold weakening it, and the PULSE Avalugg's high Sp. Def.) Myst dies to a few Freeze Dry's. Wisdor comes in and kills Avalugg.

Afterwords we get into Ametrine, meet Blake, save Heather, WE also get treated to the amazing line of Shelly telling Heather as in her Yanmega to come on out and the human Heather getting confused. After a bit of grunts and climbing the mountain, we Battle Aster. Is what I would say if I had anything in my Notepad... Really, strangely enough, It says in my notepad "We battle Aster" But there is actually nothing in that section. It's just blank with a space, as if I intended to write down the battle/Some quick words describing the battle, but I forgot to... Sorry...

After more mountain climbing fun we reach Blake. Ok, Ice is my favorite type, and my favorite pokemon is Snorunt. But this guy ruins ice types for me! LETS DESTROY HIM! 

VS Blake

Spoiler

Lead with Soul and Squelcher, Squelcher one shots Jynx with Superpower, soul misses a stone edge and Squelcher takes 50% health. Weavile comes out, kills soul with Knock off, but Squelcher kills Weavile with Superpower. Rotom kills Squelcher. Burste and Wisdor come out, they psychic and moonblast, killing Vanilluxe. Rotom thunderbolts Wisdor, doing 50% Frosslass comes out, gets a psychic from Wisdor, barely lives. Uses blizzard, Killing wisdor and Burste barely living, Burste kills Frosslass. Burste dies to a thunderbolt. I send out Myst and Sin. I cotten candy Soul and Squelcher, both Sin and Myst live with about 50%. Rotom kills Myst with a Volt switch. Sin almost dies to an Avalanche from walrien. But thanks to Overcoat, doesn't die. I use sins turn to Moomoo milk Soul and Blake hyper potions rotom. Squelcher night slashes Rotom, dealing around 50%, Walrein kills Sin. Both soul and Squelcher focus Rotom and kill him. Soul misses a Stone Edge and Squelcher and Soul die to a Surf. But I used Squelcher's turn to revive Wisdor. I then revive Squelcher and attack with Superpower, hoping for a crit... WHICH I GET, KILLING WALREIN!

VS T3RR4

Spoiler

Again, same thing as Aster, nothing is written except one line and all of her pokemons nicknames... So to make up for it I'll read these names and this one line.

GIOVANNI (Nidoking) 

EXCAKILL (Excadrill)

HIPHIPOTAMUS (Hipowdon)

CLAYBOYBUNNY (Claydol)

SWAGSIRE (Quagsire)

RAWRCHOMP (Garchomp)

OP PLS NERF

I can say that I have never struggled with her, even with (At least I think) NONE of my pokemon having a move that is super effective against ground, I still beat her first try. I guess I've never been put in a situation where he team actually can do things. The only challenge was Excakill, who still died easily to Myst.

One last message:

Spoiler

I apologize for all the battles where I don't write anything except "This battle was easy" or "Uninteresting battle". It's part me being lazy, or it really is just an uninteresting stall battle. Either way, I should say right now... I lost all of Episode 13 EXCEPT for the Adrienn battle. Reason being because just like Chapter 5, the notepad file was unsaved and I luckily recorded the Adrienn battle. However with me being lazy said, I have decided to not do that for my next Monotype, and at least give you a summary of how I won. Like "[Insert pokemon] Was able to outspeed most of [Insert trainer here]'s pokemon and one or two-shot them with [Insert move(s) here]. I currently have beaten the first gym in my Ghost monotype. (Just wanted to let you know) and there are technically three chapters left to do in this one. Those being: Chapter 12 which ends on Ciel. Chapter 13 which ends on Adrienn. And Chapter 14 Which is going to be me giving advice for anyone else who wants to do a psychic monotype, with what pokemon are good, how to deal with tough fights, and so on.

This chapter ends with our team being:

7 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

I currently have beaten the first gym in my Ghost monotype.

:o Wow, Zell, that progress, much wow!

Congrats on finishing your Psychic mono :) 

Edit: @Zellorea when it comes to Terra's team, wait till the AI decides to fuck you up and she starts using Hippowdon BEFORE Excadrill... Then, you'll feel the horror of Sand Rush Excadrill...

Also, just wondering, am I being wrong, or my monotype is progressing more slowly than every other monotype run in this Forum? xD

Edited by Jess

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Edit: @Zellorea when it comes to Terra's team, wait till the AI decides to fuck you up and she starts using Hippowdon BEFORE Excadrill... Then, you'll feel the horror of Sand Rush Excadrill...

Also, just wondering, am I being wrong, or my monotype is progressing more slowly than every other monotype run in this Forum? xD

Being little slow is fun and helps others to follow your progress :) 

Just now, Satoshi said:

Being little slow is fun and helps others to follow your progress :) 

That's the one side of the coin, indeed! :) 

The other one, is that if someone is TOO slow (ahem, that's me), then people might get tired of waiting! :D 

1 minute ago, Jess said:

That's the one side of the coin, indeed! :) 

The other one, is that if someone is TOO slow (ahem, that's me), then people might get tired of waiting! :D 

Not tired of waiting, I'll say too much excited for the next update.

Though, TOO SLOW is really annoying :P 

3 hours ago, Jess said:

It may just be that you update in smaller chunks than most do. I personally make each "Chapter" go until at least the next gym leader. And I update every 4-5 days (Mostly) 

And thanks! Also yeah, I've never had to deal with the "Excakill" while sandstorm is active. I just realized how un-organized those responses were...