Zell's Mono-Psychic Run of Reborn! (Completed)

Zellorea

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jess said:

LOL, I just clicked to see your answer and lost my entire update on my bug monotype. More specifically the Arceus fight. Gotta rewrite it now, fuck my luck! xD

XD, sorry! 

Chapter 7:

As to a request, this'll be done at the beginning of each chapter, so you know who's who.

delphox.gif     beheeyem.gif   grumpig.gif   meowstic.gif   musharna.gif     hypno.gif

Myst                Atiel           Pearl              Putty              Shimmer                Zeeze

We start off by realizing that our friend hasn't made it here yet. Like good friends do  So we head to the only place he might've gotten stuck at: Azurine Island. As soon as we get there, we get a new Psychic pokemon!

Spoiler

It's an Exeggcute named Elola... If my past self wasn't so lazy I'd have a photo of it, but alas, so there's just the information. Here's a picture of a funny moment during the Kiki fight to make up for it:

66Z2NHT.jpg

Elola and Zenite (Exeggcute and Meditite respectively) will be trained up later. After a fair amount of exploring the island, we find a shack that of course must be where Cain is! We encounter Aster and Eclipse The Jessie and James of Reborn 

VS ASTER-ECLIPSE

Spoiler

Leading with Atiel and Pearl, I just focus the solrock and kill it on the same turn Pearl goes down (Thanks, Atiel!) I send out Myst. Rhydon deals a ton of damage to Myst and Atiel, but both of them focusing him kills him. Magmar comes in. Myst's turn is used to heal Atiel, Atiel psychics Magmar, Mysts turn again is used to heal, and he goes down. Atiel then finishes magmar off. A Milotic and Shimmer comes out, and twp Psychics aim at Milotic, killing it. Atiel dies to a burn the magmar gave him a few turns ago. Electabuzz comes in, gets faked out, and gets a psychic to the face. he lives, but dies next turn to another psychic. Lunatone dies in a couple of psychics.

We manage to get through a secret entrance and find three things: Cain, Taka, and a Camerupt. We engage one of them (And no Cain, it's not you., and no, I don't mean marry them)

VS CAMERUPT TAKA

Spoiler

I lead with Myst, one shotting the klefki, but not before spikes go up. Myst brings gligar into red health, it U-turns into Cradily, and I get a crit on Cradily. But Myst dies to an ancient power. Putty uses fake out... He ultra potions. Kills putty due to confusion luck, and Atiel comes in, killing the cradily with... A ton of Psychics. Atiel goes down to the gligar acrobatics (He was in red health) Pearl comes in, kills gligar with a Power gem. THE DEMON HAS ARRIVED. He heat waves, bring me to 67 health, then I power gem, triggering sitrust berry. Chatter is used next turn,  Chatot is left in red health from another power gem. Pearl goes down, and Zeeze comes in, winning us the battle with Psybeam.

Camerupt can erupt, killing everyone on the island, other stuff, we fight Solaris

VS SOLARIS

Spoiler

I can't tell you, how much money I had to spend to get enough Cotton Candy to stall this Garchomp. I swore to myself that I wouldn't lose to Solaris this run, I stayed true to that promise.

Cal kills Kiki's medicham, Solaris/Garchomp kills kiki, after Kiki dies, Cal realizes his mistake, we get to the main Reborn again, we fight Cain to FINALLY get into Byxbysion wasteland. (We also believe Cal in him saying that stuff about Kiki, I still don't get why he felt the need to destroy the pulse if it was already sabotaged, but I've always believed him)

VS CAIN

Spoiler

We spam psychic, we win.

We go through a long trek through the Byxbysion wasteland, where, while trying to get inkay, we get a shiny pineco... Then an Inkay.

(This took thirty minutes... THIRTY GODDAMN MINUTES, FOR AN INKAY. I also named the Shiny pineco "Inkay...") We eventually reach the house/gym and find Fern, and meet hardy!

Spoiler

EQwsIOY.jpg

HARDY REPRESENTING THE #FERNISANASSHOLE CLUB!

We fight Fern

VS FERN 

Spoiler

Ferrothorn gets one shot by a flamethrower from Myst. I stay in on Krokorok and end up one shotting it with a flamethrower XD. Scyther comes in, gets one shot by flamethrower. Roserade survives with a sliver of health, but dies next turn despite Fern healing with Ice cream. Same thing happens to Serperior. Myst swept him. 

Now we fight Aya

VS AYA 

Spoiler

I lead with Atiel and Myst, she leads with Nidoqueen and Tentacruel. Tenta gets one shot by a psyshock from Myst, Nido crunches Atiel, he lives with a bit more than half health remaining. Nido gets one shot by Atiels psychic. Drapion and Dragalge come in. Myst flamethrowers Drapion and  he lives with about a quarter health. Drapion night slashes Atiel, killing him. Myst takes a dragon pulse from Dragalge with less than half remaining. I send out Pearl. Pearl gets sent out. Myst kills drapion with another flamethrower, Pearl does a bit of damage to Dragalge with psybeam, and Dragalge kills Myst with Hydro pump. Gengar comes in, Gengar sludge bombs pearl, dealing 50% health. Pearl psybeams the gengar, killing it. Dragalge dragon pulses pearl, killing him. Shimmer deals ALMOST enough to kill Dragalge. Putty comes in, and fakes out the Venusaur. Dragalge gets an Ultra potion used on her. Dragalge is put into about half health by a psychic from shimmer. Putty dies to a joint attack from Venu and Dragalge. But both Shimmer and Putty got attacks off on Dragalge. Killing her. Zeeze comes in, and we win by both Shimmer and Zeeze attacking Venusaur.

That was surprisingly difficult.

Anyway, thanks for reading! The team was the same as in the beginning, so I will not bother with doing the team again!

Quick little message, as always

Spoiler

This was pretty battle heavy, I know. The main reason for this message however, is the fact that these posts may start slowing down. As I am reaching one of the longest and most tedious points in the game: Agate Circus. So what I may end up doing is splitting some chapters into two or three, as the next few chapters are quite long. I'll figure it out. 

1 hour ago, Zellorea said:

A lot of Cotton Candy Aka Revives. It was... Tedious to say the least.

My question is, which member of your team managed to take a hit from Garchomp! Or you just PP stalled him from the very beginning till it Struggled?

Edit: I would've bred Destiny Bond on a Ralts from Koffing/Cofagrigus and given it a Focus Sash or a Quick Claw (found from wild Meowths I think) if you don't want to waste your Focus Sash this way. Counter Focus Sash Medicham could've also worked.

Edited by Jess

35 minutes ago, Jess said:

My question is, which member of your team managed to take a hit from Garchomp! Or you just PP stalled him from the very beginning till it Struggled?

Edit: I would've bred Destiny Bond on a Ralts from Koffing/Cofagrigus and given it a Focus Sash or a Quick Claw (found from wild Meowths I think) if you don't want to waste your Focus Sash this way. Counter Focus Sash Medicham could've also worked.

At first I gave Zeeze (Hypno) a focus sash to poison the garchomp. And then the stall started. I didn't know he had THREE full restores at first, so when he used one, I just continued to stall with the Cotton Candy. If I remember correctly, no one survived him normally (If anyone did survive, it would be Shimmer aka Musharna) 

2 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

At first I gave Zeeze (Hypno) a focus sash to poison the garchomp. And then the stall started. I didn't know he had THREE full restores at first, so when he used one, I just continued to stall with the Cotton Candy. If I remember correctly, no one survived him normally (If anyone did survive, it would be Shimmer aka Musharna) 

It's a pity Psychic types aren't that bulky... And they don't have any Intimidate mons either. My thought to stall it out would be to train an Exeggutor fully in HP and Defense and wait for a rainy day and Leech Seed it. It would probably be able to survive one hit and you'd be able to Lemonade/Ultra Pot it up every turn.

17 minutes ago, Jess said:

It's a pity Psychic types aren't that bulky... And they don't have any Intimidate mons either. My thought to stall it out would be to train an Exeggutor fully in HP and Defense and wait for a rainy day and Leech Seed it. It would probably be able to survive one hit and you'd be able to Lemonade/Ultra Pot it up every turn.

I couldn't even get an Exeggutor at that point either. I was stupid and sold the only leaf stone I had. Because I actually thought "I'm just going to sell the elemental stones that I don't need, which is almost all of them" Then about another couple of hours gameplay later Exeggcute shows up.

Just now, Zellorea said:

I couldn't even get an Exeggutor at that point either. I was stupid and sold the only leaf stone I had. Because I actually thought "I'm just going to sell the elemental stones that I don't need, which is almost all of them" Then about another couple of hours gameplay later Exeggcute shows up.

Awwwwwwww that is a pity. :( 

Oh, by the way, did you get the Smoochum? In the cave in front of Shade's Gym, go deep, find another cave in it (inception-like) and you can get a Smoochum this way. It learns Perish Song level 45 I think. Could help you immensely! ;) 

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Awwwwwwww that is a pity. :( 

Oh, by the way, did you get the Smoochum? In the cave in front of Shade's Gym, go deep, find another cave in it (inception-like) and you can get a Smoochum this way. It learns Perish Song level 45 I think. Could help you immensely! ;) 

Didn't get it yet, I plan to get every psychic type available. But I waited as I'm pretty sure the beartic guarding it was like level 57 I think. And when it was accessible I was no where near that level.

Just now, Zellorea said:

Didn't get it yet, I plan to get every psychic type available. But I waited as I'm pretty sure the beartic guarding it was like level 57 I think. And when it was accessible I was no where near that level.

Don't worry, Delphox can surely handle it ;) 

Just now, Jess said:

Don't worry, Delphox can surely handle it ;) 

Yep (At current point I am at he is level 61) But I gotta do other things first. Getting the Smoochum isn't my top priority, need to train up a few pokemon first.

13 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

Yep (At current point I am at he is level 61) But I gotta do other things first. Getting the Smoochum isn't my top priority, need to train up a few pokemon first.

I see, I didn't wanna annoy you, just thought it would be a pity if you missed it and went post Agate city! :) 

Just now, Jess said:

I see, I didn't wanna annoy you, just thought it would be a pity if you missed it and went post Agate city! :) 

No worries! You weren't annoying me. I'm just training an Alakazam in the background, so no big deal. And yeah, I'll make sure to get everything Before Agate Circus/City (My least favorite part of the game)

Just now, Zellorea said:

Agate Circus/City (My least favorite part of the game)

Mine too... Mostly because Terra is retarded and causes me to lose brain cells every time she speaks.

Just now, Jess said:

Mine too... Mostly because Terra is retarded and causes me to lose brain cells every time she speaks.

Ehh, I mainly hate it because of the hail and Blake. I can deal with Terra, but there's just so many other annoyances there.

1 minute ago, Zellorea said:

Ehh, I mainly hate it because of the hail and Blake. I can deal with Terra, but there's just so many other annoyances there.

True... But worst annoyance for me is Terra's stupid Garchomp in her stupid field... All her team is nothing, but I just hate Garchomp in general. And her field makes it more awful than it naturally is (to me at least). Rant over, lol.

Just now, Jess said:

True... But worst annoyance for me is Terra's stupid Garchomp in her stupid field... All her team is nothing, but I just hate Garchomp in general. And her field makes it more awful than it naturally is (to me at least). Rant over, lol.

I've never struggled with her Garchomp. Nevertheless Terra herself. In my main playthrough of the game, I swept her with a Contrary Serperior. So I've never struggled with her.

2 minutes ago, Zellorea said:

I've never struggled with her Garchomp. Nevertheless Terra herself. In my main playthrough of the game, I swept her with a Contrary Serperior. So I've never struggled with her.

The only time I found it easy to defeat her Garchomp was in my second, the shiny playthrough, when I destroyed it with an avalanche by my Avalugg. Contrary leaf storm serperior is a bit OP vs a ground gym leader :P (it is a bit OP in general anyways. I've never used it cause Serperior's cry tears out my eardrums and annoys me so much... :( )

Edited by Jess

Just now, Jess said:

The only time I found it easy to defeat her Garchomp was in my second, the shiny playthrough, when I destroyed it with an avalanche by my Avalugg. Contrary leaf storm serperior is a bit OP vs a ground gym leader :P 

Yeahhh. For my main playthrough, I think I lucked out. Because that was my first (Technically second) playthrough of the game, and I just picked Snivy unknowing that he could have his hidden ability XD.

How I usually deal with the Garchomp (or any of the "you have to lose" battles) is catch a pokemon with sturdy, common candy that pokemon down to wear it has 21 hp or less, get a lot of potions and hope that the moves those pokemon have don't have a status inflicting move or a move that could burn or poison or etc and then I just go from there. Very nice run you're doing btw! I'm planning on doing a Ground Type Mono Run. ^_^

19 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

How I usually deal with the Garchomp (or any of the "you have to lose" battles) is catch a pokemon with sturdy, common candy that pokemon down to wear it has 21 hp or less, get a lot of potions and hope that the moves those pokemon have don't have a status inflicting move or a move that could burn or poison or etc and then I just go from there. Very nice run you're doing btw! I'm planning on doing a Ground Type Mono Run. ^_^

Thanks and nice! Also there are no psychic types at that point that could have sturdy, pretty sure there isn't even a psychic type with sturdy at all. So that was off the table for me. I'll be looking forward to your Mono-Ground run! I'm planning on doing a second one after psychic, and it'll be quite shocking (Hint hint, wink wink)