TotMGV:G2: Return to Rio (Subplot)

DragonRage

Hikari, Sachi, and Kagari

The door turns out to not be locked, and the rest of the tour goes without incident.  The three girls now have a solid idea of how to navigate the public areas of the building, and how to get to the R&D labs, assuming that they act before the building layout changes too much.

Venus and Wyvis

"Show me you know what you're doing with that pistol and you're free to use the range," Ana motions Venus towards the moving targets, which nobody is using at the moment.  One of them has a dart sticking out of its neck, just to the left of the jugular mark.  "We need all the experienced guns we can get for the rescue mission and the evacuation, and you're no good to us if you get out of practice."

After they finish up at the practice range, Wyvis and Ana go to a party!  They're able to easily incapacitate the guards that don't drink themselves into a stupor, and steal several uniforms.  Unfortunately, they're only able to get uniforms that fit Wyvis, Isobel, and Kagari (who can fit into any uniform she wants to).  By this point, the three days have passed.  The team gathers with Ana and someone none of you have met before, a man covered in grey and neon green armor carrying a daisho who lurks in the back of the room while the rest of you plan your infiltration.

Isobel is actually one of the first to speak up. "Umm... I think we should start out by sharing what we've learned. LOTUS and I got a lot of investigating done, but I guess I'll share my stuff first 'cause LOTUS has more figured out than I do. But, uh, it looks like Vishkar isn't connected to the Rio utilities grid -- but I figured out where their water supply is if you think you can make use of it. See, there's this water tower that is made to look all rusty and old out there, but the fact that there isn't the plant life there should be near somewhere like that tipped me off that something wasn't right. Lucio confirmed that that's their water source. I also... um, look, this is hard to explain, but... I saw a helicopter bring something up to the tower, and then there was some sort of strobe light and that light, uh, it smelled purple...?"

"Smelled purple to me too, which is really something when I can't even smell. There's something going on up there that isn't following any of the laws of physics and reality I know of, but I don't know what. Wouldn't be surprised if they were dabbling in magic. To get the less significant stuff out of the way first, there are a bunch of empty storefronts near the tower that are up for rent but haven't had any offers; we took a look at a couple and couldn't actually find anything suspicious. But I've got some bad news -- that tower is going to be a very very hard nut to crack. The building's format is, to say the least, variable, and they've got these things called sentry turrets which will shoot you with a weak little laser. Will hurt you a little, but the main problem is that they'll hit the whole facility with an alarm, which will make going quiet VERY difficult, especially since to avoid them we would have to move literally so fast that the program can't recognize us as actual intruders instead of glitches in the system."

"Hmm. what does purple smell like?" Bridgett asked. "I learned somethings about the helicopters in my recon. They have five, but they seem to only be able to have three going at once and because of that they lose sight of each other quite a lot. They also move slow because of the buildings so there would be time before another on showed up if we where to engage one. Though that would be hard anyway they are quite heavily armed with missiles, machine guns and something i don't know." Bridgett paused to think a little before continuing. "I could take one out in one blow potentially though that would take the right amount things and i don't think this world would be able to let me do it at least unless i had some time." She finished  

"Sounds very interesting. This building might have more leads than it gives away, that is quite for sure. Ana and I have acquired 3 sets of guard uniforms; it is quite feasible for some of us to slip in as guards. Though," he points out, "I have only acquired uniforms for Isobel, Kagari and I. With LOTUS' intelligence capacity and Kagari's" he stops for a moment, "shapeshifting ability, I believe the 3 of us would have quite the chance of a successful infiltration, if we are sent in together."

He then asked Isobel, "any security near the water source? Perhaps it can be used to incapacitate or hinder the corporation's ability to detect or react. I must add Ana has powerful sleeping draughts as well."

• Upvote 1

"Oh, I'm going to be one of the infiltrators...? Well, haha, I guess I'll have to not let you all down! Um, as for security, I didn't see any when I was there, I think they didn't want to attract attention to it." "I would still greatly recommend being cautious with it, of course. They do have their aerial patrols, and I would be unsurprised if they have at least some form of surveillance in the area. Still, putting sleeping substance in the water, if you can get enough of it, would at the very least be an excellent disruptor."

Edited by Powder Miner

"Unfortunately, the drugs I use in my sleep darts are designed as a fast acting, injected poison," Ana states, "It is ineffective when diluted, and its effects do not last very long."

Edited by DragonRage

Kagari paused for a moment, considering.

"...Actually... Where does the water in their water supply come from again? If it's an open space, I might be able to get into the tank."

To demonstrate, Kagari collapsed into a puddle, then quickly reformed herself.

"Impressive," The armored guy with the swords chimes in, "I believe the water tower has a rain collector.  If you can bypass or disable the filters and purifiers on top of the tower, you could likely slip inside.  Are you a nanite construct, or powered by some form of sorcery?  Vishkar may have nanite countermeasures, but sorcery is very rare in this world, and they would not be prepared for it."

"You are our resident expert, Genji," Ana adds, "Any idea what sort of magic or tech they might have that could make an omnic with no nose smell colors?"

"Mmmm.  I have never heard of something like this caused by magic.  The Shimada dragon spirits do not always behave similarly to one another, but if a spirit guardian had been called atop Vishkar Tower it would have been very obvious.  I suppose Zenyatta or another of the Shambali might be able to inflict synesthesia on another if they really wanted to, but no one who would work for a materialistic, corrupt company like Vishkar could achieve the proper state of mind to use Shambali techniques.  And besides, the Shambali techniques require line of sight from the user to the target, and this effect did not.  Have any of you encountered something that could do this?"

"Smell colours?" Wyvis chuckled. "Sorry, no, I have not heard of any magic that is able to achieve such feats. It would be quite odd, however, that a materialist Vishkar would invest in sorcery; I would think Kagari would be able to slip past rather easily.

As a contingency plan, however, perhaps we could give Kagari some device to communicate with? One of those 'radeos' look like it would work."

"...hmm. Well, if you take magic that's eldritch bullshit enough where I'm from, you can achieve just about anything with it. But magic in general is very rare where I come from, especially magic that crazy, so I think I would have a hard time believing that Vishkar here somehow got into contact with whatever terrifying mystery beings use that kind of magic."

"Hmm... I really do not like the idea of us filtering in piecemeal, but I'm starting to get an idea of how to do so -- specifically by getting the three of us with uniforms in, stealing Vishkar IDs and if we can another couple uniforms, and then having a "delivery guy" sneak in and get changed, at least for the first four. The more information I have to work with, the better, though. I would very much appreciate it if you all would share everything that you've learned.

Kagari, a question; you said that you have the ability to get in through the water system. Do you have the ability to freely move around in the pipes? That could be useful for scouting, perhaps, or maybe couriering especially small items should we find the need."

Wyvis smiles warmly. "All contribution is valued highly, my dear friend! As LOTUS suggests, I believe the lead could allow us to fit in one more member in our team." He looks up at the clock. "Oh my, time has surely flown since we've been discussing haven't it? Quick, let us make haste and exchange information as quickly as possible. I fear for our friend in the Viskar tower, and surely the faster we reach her, the better."

"First of all..." comes a male voice from behind the group, speaking in an unmistakably German accent "Putting sleeping drugs in the water supply is a terrible idea.  However, putting some sort of powerful laxative into the water may work far better, because if half the security force is in the restroom, well that's half a security force you don't have to deal with." Those of you who turn to look at this point with see a slim man, with mid length unkempt light brown hair that looks like it's been washed twice in the last six months, wearing an old, stained, and still slightly damp lab-coat.  Standing hiding behind the man's legs is a young child, a girl who looks about five or six, with long strait blonde hair similarly dirty, wearing what was once a quite pretty dress that is now covered in many dingy reddish brown stains, some of you may recognize these as old bloodstains.  "Secondly, has anyone thought of perhaps locating or hacking into some sort of central control room so we can turn their own defenses against them?""Also wouldn't it be smart to try and sabotage these Helicopters while they're on the ground so they have to return to base mid-flight, wasting time and resources?".

Isobel kind of just stares, with a muttered "U-uh..."

LOTUS is far more verbose. "Alright, I know that this whole team is, uh, "rag-tag" to begin with, but when you stride into the sensitive strategy meeting looking slightly like a scientist hobo and with a little girl, I'm going to have questions. Mind introducing yourself? And, uh, Genji, this guy is supposed to be here, right?"

Edited by Powder Miner

There's a long, modulating sigh from the portable AI device in his dry, electronic voice. "Well, you wouldn't be in here talking calmly if you weren't supposed to be, probably, so I guess that does make sense. The little girl too? She's even younger than that one demon child, I honestly have to wonder what whatever multiversal force that grabbed us was thinking. As for your suggestions; if we have laxatives that would be a good suggestion, and also a very funny one, but if we don't it is something of a moot point. As for the second suggestion, that would be extremely helpful but the problem we run into here is that the Vishkar building is extremely variable by nature; they can and do reshape the building with hard light during the day, and when I went over what we have of the building data I did not see one -- we can't effectively plan out anything of that sort. I'd prefer to set up a plan so that we never have to interact with the helicopters at all. Does anyone else have information about getting into the building? I've got methods to sneak four of us in, but with the information I have more is going to be harder. Especially the little girl."

"Because that's a one way ticket to Shitstorm Street. Assuming we take care of all the helicopters, we'd still have to deal with people shooting at us as we scaled, and we are talking about a large building -- climbing all of us up would be difficult. If we did break in, it wouldn't be a simple matter -- such an overt attack in a single area would ensure we'd have to fight off a sea of Vishkar security, and I can't be confident that we would pull that off, especially with so many variables unknown. Plus they've specifically made the prison area hard to get into -- there is nothing on the blueprints. We wouldn't be able to just charge in, so we'd probably get cut down searching for an in. That wouldn't work on multiple levels."

"Invisible, I've developed the ability to bend light around my body, and even other things if I channel enough power into it." Friedhold lowers his arm. "I've got a few other tricks but I felt that was the most relevant given the situation."

"If you hit the barracks on the third floor first, and somehow incapacitated or trapped the guards inside, that would greatly increase their response time," Genji suggests, "Then even if you had to destroy turrets and raise alarms, you could accomplish your goals before Vishkar's forces arrived if you were disciplined and swift."