TotMGV:G2: Return to Rio (Subplot)

DragonRage

Nyahiro

The idea of finding a weapon more powerful than a fork was silly, what could be more powerful than a fork? Wait, did Bridgett just say they could go for a ride?

"Oh, oh!" She cheered, "I will ride with Bridgett-san to take out helicopters. They can't be much tougher than a Byakhee, a fork to the wing and they just fall from the sky like droplets of nectar from my heart~"

It wouldn't be hard for Nyahiro to blow the rotors off a few helicopters in a few seconds. Plus she would get to spend time with Bridgett-san, fighting and killing together was great for increasing Lily Rank.

"...Exactly how much backyard Vodka have you had in the past week?  You are not Russian.  Drinking that stuff is terrible idea," Zarya asks Nyahiro, after several seconds of silence, "Fork is not anti-aircraft weapon.  Even if you get it into helicopter air intakes, helicopter would not be damaged.  Engine is made to eject debris safely.  What, you think this is action movie?  Military vehicles not easy to disable.  Distraction would work, but would not draw all of them off.  Do you think you could destroy single helicopter and get to top of building in... twenty minutes?  Not you, crazy, drunk fork person.  The ones with weapons that work.  You could join tour group if you could pass as well-off locals, but you would have to get weapons and gear past metal detector and guard checkpoint."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"I....uh...I could just do this...."

Sachi produces her phone and taps something into it quickly.

Within seconds, a bright flash covers her and she appears in her casual clothing, her Fairy, shield and spear nowhere to be seen. To anyone who might look, she appears to be the 18-year old girl she is and nothing more.

"I'm going to ask something before we get all involved with how we're evidently going to attack from two directions, and that will be a useful question if we go with infiltration anyway: you CAN equip those of us without native radio capacity with radios, right? Splitting up without means of communication would be an exceptionally bad idea."

Edited by Powder Miner

"Oh, yeah.  We've got plenty of radio earpieces," Lucio says, "Overwatch standard issue.  And Torbjorn makes 'em indistinguishable from civilian models, so they'll get through security too."

"oh right......" Bridgett blushed a little "i keep forgetting that not everyone here is capable of using telepathy." Bridgett bowed a little before continuing to speak "well i don't think it would be hard for me to hide my weapon. unless there in the habit of taking a girls necklace." she said with a smile since she wasn't set up yet so she actual looked like some one with money though her cloths where a little ruffled looking. "And for the helicopter i might be able to take it out fast depending on how tough it was  but it would be kind of noticeable if i did. Though probably taking a few days to at least learn things about the building and stuff wouldn't be bad." she finished with a smile.

Edited by rustytengo

NYAHIRO

Nyahiro frowned. It made sense of course, a gritty war shooter lady wouldn't expect a high school girl with a fork to be a threat. But she wasn't sure how she could demonstrate the power of the almighty fork so she could go on a ride with Bridgett. Maybe instead of the fork she could do something else. But most of her other abilities had much less precision and would likely end up causing a lot of collateral damage. It seemed like she was going to be cut off from Bridgett if she couldn't think of something to convince the gritty shooter lady, and quickly.

"I can put my forks in the Dokodemo Dial so they won't be detected." She said, "But the Musumenium in my body would still be detected."

"If you knock a helicopter out of the sky, it's going to be noticed no matter how fast it goes down," Lucio quite sensibly points out, "Falling aircraft aren't exactly the quietest things in the world.  If you've got metal implants, then I doubt you're getting through the security checkpoint.  Maybe stake the tower out for a few days.  You could find something useful."

"Uh, in case it matters, LOTUS and I have two weapons; one's just my hatchet, but the other is this stone arm-mounted thing that shoots a magic chain that will pierce through soft things and latch into hard things, which is I think a method of transport potentially. But we don't have any guns." She puts her hand over her mouth, a little embarrassed with that particular paucity.

"We should primarily serve in a support role rather than being fighters, though. I can make allies' performance more effective and efficient and Isobel can help keep them up here and there."

[OOC:  It seems like you guys are mostly agreed on staking out Vishkar tower in hopes of finding a weakness in its defenses.  Okay, then.  Three days of in-game time passes, during which each character may stake out/research/study the tower to learn a single piece of potentially useful information.  You may continue to ask Zarya and Lucio questions during this time, as well as any other Overwatch agents you meet during this period.  Random encounters are random.]

Having come up with a plan of action, namely gathering intelligence, you set to work.  You are also provided with a small arsenal of pistols and assault rifles to use if you so wish.  Most of them don't seem very good, but there are a few potential diamonds in the rough.  About half an hour after the gun pile is dumped in front of you, a grizzled, older man wearing a cyclopean, red visor and a blue and red leather jacket with the number 76 on the back stalks into the room.  A boxy rifle is slung over his shoulder, and an exquisitely crafted revolver in his hands, which he drops into the gun pile.  "Try to give away my pulse rifle, will you?" He growls as he stalks away, "You're thirty years too young to be pranking me, kid.  Next time, use your eyes and don't swipe my spare."

Ten minutes later, a younger man in remarkably tacky cowboy cosplay saunters into the room, spurs jingling with every step.  A revolver is holstered at his hip, and a boxy rifle partially concealed under his fringed poncho.  He drops the rifle onto the table, and tips his hat toward each girl in the room before making his exit.  "Try to steal my Peacekeeper, will you?" He drawls to himself as he leaves, "Joke's on you, old man.  You got that replica Torbjorn made in case the original breaks, and I got your real gun."

The Rifle

Spoiler

Pulse Rifle

This rugged assault rifle is equipped with an under-slung rocket launcher.  It fires darts of energy with a high rate of fire.

Type:  Weapon

Damage: 2d4 + strength

Weight:  4

Minimum Stats:  None

Syn Threshold/Bonus:  Every 3 synergy you have increases the base damage of this weapon by 1.

Special Qualities:

Helix Rocket:  As a free action, you may increase the pulse rifle’s base damage to 4d4 + str on your next attack.  This action has a 6 round cooldown.

The Revolver

Spoiler

Peacemaker

This old-style revolver is an amazingly powerful gun, considering its centuries-old design.  However, its impressive properties still fail to live up to what Jesse McCree has been observed doing with its identical twin.  Mentioning this discrepancy in Torbjorn's earshot is not recommended.

Type:  Weapon

Damage:  1d4

Weight:  4

Minimum Stats:  8 Dexterity

Syn Threshold/Bonus:  For every 2 synergy you have, Peacemaker deals an extra 1d4 damage.

Special Qualities:

Precision:  For every 2 dexterity you have, Peacemaker deals an extra 1d4 damage.

Small Magazine 6/6:  Whenever you make six attacks with Peacemaker in a single combat, you must spend the next turn reloading.  You may reload sooner if you wish, resetting the counter.

Fan the Hammer:  If your enemy is close enough, you don’t even need to aim.  You may increase Peacemaker’s damage by 50% against target enemy that used a melee action on you since your last turn.  If you do so, you must spend your next turn reloading Peacemaker.  This counts as using a basic attack on that enemy three times for the purposes of triggering perks, item effects, and passive actions.  You may only use this action if Peacemaker’s magazine is full.

Ultimate Charge 0/10: Whenever you use a basic attack with Peacemaker, you gain 1 Ultimate Charge, to a maximum of 10.  .  You cannot gain more than 1 charge per action performed.  Ultimate charge is retained until spent, but cannot be transferred from 1 person to another.

Deadeye:  It’s high noon somewhere in the world.  If you have 10 Ultimate Charge, you may spend an action and 1 charge to enter Deadeye, sending an inexplicable tumbleweed rolling across the battlefield.  For every action and charge you spend, including the first one, Deadeye may target 1 additional enemy and deals additional true damage to each target equal to your dexterity.  At any time during your turn, you may release Deadeye, losing any Ultimate Charge you still have and dealing the damage to the targets.  If your focus is disrupted by any effect that would keep you from acting, you lose all your Ultimate Charge and Deadeye fails to activate.  Damaging enemies with Deadeye does not grant Ultimate Charge.  You need at least 10 synergy to use Deadeye.

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Kagari gave a quick look over the pile of guns. She wasn't particularly a fan of weapons, especially human weapons, but there was no denying the effectiveness of a gun. Still, most of the weapons seemed to fall short of the firepower provided by Choujuusenchihou-chan. However... Her eyes fell on the weapons that the strangers had deposited. They were clearly different from the rest. The rifle... well... she didn't like it. Rifles were powerful, but tended to be unwieldy. Bad in close quarters, and Kagari definitely preferred fighting in close quarters. As for the revolver... maintaining ammunition was hard, but it could be used in closer ranges. Plus, it was much easier to tote around.

Figuring getting a little extra armament couldn't hurt, Kagari quietly picked up the revolver, giving it a quick glance and pocketing it. She would decide if she wanted to ingest it later.

Kagari picks up the Peacekeeper and holds on to it for now.

Hmm... 3 or so days of reconnaissance. Not normally this loose, back in Stravaga. And they didn't operate in big groups for infiltration, if they ever had one, they'd go with pairs. But well, the more the merrier!

Anyway, it would be wise to figure out the weapons that the inhabitants of this place use. Obviously, they used some kind of projectile weapons, or else they were very ineffective bludgeoning tools. 

The best way to figure it out, he decided, was to use one. 

Wyvis glanced over to the intricate metal object, picked up by the girl referred to as 'Kagari'.

"That's a nice looking weapon! Do you know how to operate it?" Wyvis asked with enthusiasm.

Hikari glances over the weapons. She tended towards spears, since that was Ivory's area of expertise - but the one she'd had was a weaker one, that didn't seem to apply much in the current situation and they were in a world where the enemies have ranged weapons. Kagari took the revolver, which left the rifle. She was no soldier but she had a vague idea of how to use it, and besides - from a certain perspective, the rifle was the modern day spear. Nobody else seemed to take it, so she picked it up. "Ivory, do you know how to work with this?" she asked to thin air. A voice responded. "...It's odd. It resembles the crossbows of my world, but seems... better in every capacity. I was never a user of ranged weaponry, but if you think you know how it works I should be able to guide it just the same." Hikari picks up the pulse rifle, which is wreathed in a blue glow before disappearing. She nods to herself, now able to call it up when she needs to.

Hikari takes the Pulse Rifle.

Bridgett for her days of recon will pay more attention to the air space around the building then anything. Maybe going to the top of any near by building if she is able to.  Attempting to gauge  if she would be able to take down one of the helicopters quickly or any other useful information she can gather.

((ooc: if you need me to change anything or you want more information on exactly what Bridgett is up to let me know.))

Edited by rustytengo

Bridgett's observation period reveals several interesting tidbits of information.  First, Vishkar doesn't have the fuel, funds, or something else to keep more than three helicopters on patrol at a time, although they have at least five distinct ones.  Because they can only field three at a time, the helicopters frequently lose visual contact with each other.  Secondly, the helicopters don't seem to be able to move particularly fast while on patrol.  The skyscrapers restrict their movements and it's pretty obvious that the pilots are worried about crashing if they make a mistake.  Thirdly, the helicopters are very well-armed, with missiles, machine guns, and something else that Bridgett doesn't recognize.  Finally, helicopters are extremely wide, because of their rotors.  If Bridgett were to get one in the center of her Valkyrie Breaker, the spell would hit it multiple times and swiftly bring it down.  Unfortunately, there are three helicopters, and Valkyrie Breaker's area of effect isn't wide enough to down more than one at a time.

Edited by DragonRage

"It's alright if you don't want to discuss. I'll just go recon the tower then. Good day!" Wyvis said cheerfully.

The green 'Lucio' person said that the building doesn't incinerate anything. But a person needs some kind of waste disposal, right?

In any case, researching the background of this realm would be most wise.

Wyvis spended his first day researching up the culture, technology and history of this land.

Learning quickly to adapt, Wyvis changed to the appropriate clothing trend (though wearing the T-shirt backwards) and visited the 'internet'.

"Why are there so many drawings of cats online? They do look cute though." Wyvis pondered.

Kagari sidled over to Hikari.

"I see you took the Rifle. You ever worked one of these?"

It had been a very long time since Kagari had taken on any apprentices, and it would be a very unhappy thing if her latest one was to die for a reason as mundane as forgetting to flip the safety on a firearm in a pinch. Even though Hikari was a human, Kagari didn't feel quite as much animosity towards her - she had always been more comfortable with human women. Probably because of the human Kagari's influence on her. She was still slightly wary, but she was reasonably certain that Hikari had no intention of harming her. Besides, she had the mini-Kagari to keep tabs on her in case she did anything that might be constituted as hostile.

...Also, she was cute. That always helped.

"Do video games count?" Hikari asked - it was hard to tell if she was serious or joking. Then she smiled. "I have the idea. Turn off the safety, point it at your target and pull the trigger. Keep the safety on and the gun unloaded and pointed at the ground unless you want to shoot somebody. Once in a show my character used a gun, and the director paid attention to detail. Everything had to be realistic and that meant teaching the actors and actresses how to use firearms realistically." Hikari said. She looked for the safety, and made sure it was on. "Besides, Ivory's going to be correcting my aim - she'll make sure I don't hit anyone on our side."

Wyvis' archive binge stumbles across some actually useful information!  While examining the internet, he looks up Vishkar Corporation out of idle curiousity.  He discovers one of the ground floor guards' facebook pages, festooned with pictures from parties where the booze flowed freely.  These parties seem to happen at regular intervals, and involve a fair number of guards.  In approximately two days, some of the guards at the tower are going to be regretting their life choices pretty hard.

He then gets linked to TvTropes and loses 10 hours.

2 hours ago, Twinwolf said:

"Do video games count?" Hikari asked - it was hard to tell if she was serious or joking. Then she smiled. "I have the idea. Turn off the safety, point it at your target and pull the trigger. Keep the safety on and the gun unloaded and pointed at the ground unless you want to shoot somebody. Once in a show my character used a gun, and the director paid attention to detail. Everything had to be realistic and that meant teaching the actors and actresses how to use firearms realistically." Hikari said. She looked for the safety, and made sure it was on. "Besides, Ivory's going to be correcting my aim - she'll make sure I don't hit anyone on our side."

"Eh... eight out of ten."

Kagari mimed a firing stance.

"Gun safety's important and all, but your shooting position is pretty important, too. Butt against shoulder if scoping. Butt under armpit if firing from the hip. Generally you want a stable, balanced stance with your master leg back and the foot at an angle, but that's not always possible when firing from behind cover. Your non-master hand's grip should be something like this," She mimed a grip with the index finger extended slightly and the other three non-thumb fingers clustered together, "and always remember to check your ejector port. That said, this rifle seems to use unconventional ammunition, so that might not be a concern in this case."

Sachi, for her part of observation.....actually doesn't do much. Back in her world, infiltration wasn't necessary; they were always forewarned of Vertex attacks and the Vertex weren't exactly hiding anything when they crashed into the Jukai and started attempting to kill everything ever.

For her part, she just tries to scout out the area, look for escape routes and/or weak spots in the enemy's defense, like she'd seen people do in movies. She'd be hardly suspected of anything, too; being that she looked young for her age anyway, she'd be more likely to look like a tourist or a student in the area.

Sachi notices that the Golden Duck takeout Chinese delivery guy seems to be able to get in without a fuss.  More importantly, his bags full of food are allowed past without going through the metal detector.

Wyvis woke up from sleeping in front of the 'computer' screen, saliva dripping down the keyboard. He absentmindedly wiped it off, finished off the 'instant noodles' he bought from a local 'supermarket' and yawned away his sleepiness.

On the computer screen, the TvTropes page, "Anime Tropes" flashed dully, along with countless other tabs open. Wyvis moved the mouse to open the interesting new link on the page, but then checked the time.

"Shucks!" Wyvis hastily closed the computer. Ohh, the waste! That site was surely made by the vilest of men!

Anyway, there was something he got of this. "Meeting of Floor Guards! Drinks and party in 2 days, easy target for infiltration." was scribbled next to a really detailed sketch of a cat he didn't remember drawing.

In any case, the plan really was clear from this point on. Infiltrate the party, steal the guard's clothes, and infiltrate the base.

But first, he'd need to shoot those metallic bow-like mechanisms they called a 'gun'.