[IC] TotMV:G2: Servant's Quarters (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

So they turned out to be one of THOSE adventuring groups. Good to know. "Remind me to avoid Visrii and Halley. Sounds like a bad time. . ." She was indeed interested in the items he had to show her, but . . . "Edmond, are you okay? If you wanted me to, I could go and check that out for you. I think I've heard enough about this place that I could get there." 

"I..." He took a breath. "I'll be fine. I don't know what you could do, but...that would mean a lot to me. I think...that based on the time right now, if he actually did it, that there would probably still be people to help. So...yes. Please. I'll owe you more, but I'll try to find something. For now, I'll just leave this stuff here. I might be gone when you get back, so you can just take anything you want or need if that's the case." Edmond's gratitude was apparent in his tone. It wasn't exactly that Edmond was not familiar with death, far from it. However, the combined weight of suddenly remembering that thousands might have died that you had forgotten about, and the fact that he had been directly involved in so much harm was enough to seriously pain him.

"Be careful though. It's not a nice place, and the technology might be out of your comfort zone." A thought occurred to Edmond, and he grabbed the phone that Solomon had given him. "Take this. It will allow you to contact people, if you have their number, and can be used to obtain a great deal of common knowledge..and, well, see if you can find some listing of the deceased afterwards. I'll need to pay my respects at some point..." Still in a hurry, Edmond gave the witch a quick rundown on how to use the simpler aspects of the phone; calling, web browser, and camera.

"Thank you once more."

Edited by Strider

• 1 year later...

Walmond & Lambda

Not long after the group had returned to the castle, with Lord Silef now with them, Walmond and Lambda had vanished into the castle, accommodating one of the many Servant Rooms for their own use. It didn't take long afterwards for Walmond to begin transforming the room into a personal study and laboratory. Which was... Difficult, thanks to the fact that he lacked any possessions aside from his journal. So, he had sent Lambda out throughout the castle to find any unwanted equipment that he could use for his studies, any at all that were left out.

But, while she did that, he had his own thing to study. A bit of tissue from one of the Lahmus, laying on the desk in his new room.

Whatever had effected the creatures had been a strange form of magic, and while he had seen Tiamat destroy itself, he wasn't sure that it was gone completely. Hopefully, the sample he had collected still contained a bit of that magic used. If he could study it, he could harness it. And if he could harness it, he could put it to good use.

This was a mere first test, but he had made sure Lambda had collected several samples from the various bodies of Lahmu, which she was still holding onto. He would just have to be careful with this sample as he analyzed it.

Venus

Venus had spent much of the remaining time after returning to the main building, knowing that he wouldn't be here if he were not narrowly spared from death back then. He'd knew that he'd let his passion get the better of him; he ventured into the unknown recklessly, though even that was part and parcel of why he enjoyed it so much; it was unpredictable. Venus knew that he had stared death in the face, dealt more than enough of his artistic share of it and had till thus far ran away, yet to be captured by its unfeeling talons; it was a continuous cycle of cat and mouse, except the mouse ran not out of fear, but through the thrill of a fleeing life. He knew best that those who shot were vulnerable to dying just as easily, and that the many deaths he had dealt would bite him in the back one day; it was a natural, logical reaction that every action that its reactive outcome, and he was ready for that -- was it guilt or sentimentality he felt, over something that he'd done so long and went so far in, even in a road of art, one of no return? 

He eventually realized that he wasn't alone in the quarters; someone else were present, and Venus noticed that the figure seemed to be busy at work. It was unlike him to muse around while others were productive; and while great art required great planning, there was things even he himself could improve from, and the refurnishing of his gun further meant that his need for inspiration had arose. He said nothing, however, merely inching closer toward Walmond, who seemed to be attentively examining a substance presumably from one of the encounters they had earlier. It was of a dull color, but the meticulousness Walmond placed in his work prompted Venus to believe that it would be of at least some particular value. 

Walmond

At the very least, Walmond's initial tests were bringing in... Results. There was residual magic left in the samples he had collected... Except he couldn't tell what said magic was still doing. Any attempt to scan was met with multiple readings of miniature spells layered on top of each other. He'd have to figure out a way to scan the spells on an individual level in order to get a full understanding of them.

At least, he could do that later. Right now, it appeared as if someone was approaching him.

"May I help you?" Walmond asked, straightening from his project and turning toward Venus, his arms disappearing underneath his cloak. Lambda was, unfortunately, still out searching for supplies, but this wasn't the first time someone had approached Walmond while he was focused on his work. He had figured out ways to tell if someone needed him.

Venus

"May I implore on what busies you so?" He asked, unnecessarily grandiloquent in the manner of which one would simply ask 'What are you doing?'. "What such yield belies within the mesh of what we had faced earlier that prompts you to examine it so discreetly? I admit, I myself am in possession such remains, and yet...time demands that I have yet to properly investigate myself. Perhaps you could do me the favour of sparing me the effort of discovering what you yourself have found as of yet?" 

Walmond

For a split second, Walmond merely stared at Venus, before turning back towards his sample, "It's been an idle curiosity, but I've decided to research those creatures we had slain earlier, due to the fact that I noticed magic being used to alter them. My initial hypothesis was that due to its nature, the bodies would have residual magic that would remain, and that I could utilize. So far, part of my hypothesis has been correct... Though I have found that it was not a single large spell that caused the mutations in the creatures, but a multitude of smaller spells weaved together. As of now, I do not want to risk disrupting the thread that holds said spells together, so in order to continue my research, I'll have to figure out a way to investigate each spell contained inside" Walmond explained, before glancing back at Venus, "So, until then, I've effectively hit a wall. I'm hoping Lambda can manage to acquire me a tool within this castle that would help my research."